Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > DVD2AVI / DGIndex

Closed Thread

Old 26th February 2008, 15:07   #301  |  Link

@remiche

What is your point in your last post (the one that just shows the dialog box)?
Old 26th February 2008, 18:19   #302  |  Link
jpsdr

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
I was not able to reproduce any problems with WAV headers in 1.5.0 RC2, irrespective of demuxing method. Do you still have an issue with this? If so, may I have a test stream? I want to get RC3 out soon, so your response will be appreciated. Thank you.
Hello.

Euh... i've posted a message telling that i've remade
the operation, and the wave was correct... I think...
I absolutely don't know what has append the first time,
and why the wave was incorrect, but unless i re-encounter
the problem, you can consider the issue is gone.
Old 26th February 2008, 18:22   #303  |  Link

OK, thanks. I read your message as suggesting that demuxing a single track worked while demuxing all tracks did not. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't a bug lurking there.
Old 4th March 2008, 04:49   #304  |  Link

Version 1.5.0 release candidate 3

* Demuxed MPEG audio files are now given the extension mp1/mp2/mp3 depending on the audio layer. The old behavior can be enabled via an INI file option (see users manual).

* Transport packet resync and M2TS file detection were made more robust.

* Fixed a bug in the Log Timestamps function, whereby a video DTS value was incorrectly shown as a PTS value.

* Fixed a bug in demuxing of DTS audio from transport streams.

* The aspect ratio field of the Info dialog now shows the raw value of the field as well as the corresponding string.

* The display size from a sequence_display_extension is now shown in the Info dialog. This, together with the change above, allows the sample aspect ratio (SAR) to be inferred, according to the MPEG2 specification.

* A default path for saving BMPs can now be specified.

* Fixed a bug whereby tracks selected for demuxing in the INI file were not actually enabled for demuxing until the track selection dialog was saved. Now they are honored on startup as they should be.

* Fixed the CLI to also parse for the = sign at the end of the options to avoid false option detection. E.g., the substring '-aif' anywhere in a file name would be parsed as an option specification.

* Other miscellaneous CLI parsing bugs fixed.

* When doing a preview via the CLI, the playback speed is set to maximum.

* When a Play/Preview/Save Project Operation begins, the focus is now left on the main window. Previously, it annoyingly moved to the Info window.

http://neuron2.net/dgmpgdec/dgmpgdec150rc3.zip

IMPORTANT: Either use the new INI file in the zip file, or delete your old one, start DGIndex and close it once before using it in earnest.

Last edited by Guest; 4th March 2008 at 05:34.
Old 4th March 2008, 16:47   #305  |  Link
Terranigma
*Space Reserved*

Heya, Thanks for update neuron2.
Old 4th March 2008, 18:45   #306  |  Link
Taurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2;1108235*
When a Play/Preview/Save Project Operation begins, the focus is now left on the main window. Previously, it annoyingly moved to the Info window.
I know it's just cosmetics, but this is just a good one....
Thanks for the update, keep on rockin' !
Old 7th March 2008, 19:00   #307  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Hi Donald,

By chance, I discovered that DGIndex is able to parse (MPEG-2 DVD) .ISO file sources.

I had a quick look thru' your manuals, but could not see this feature mentioned.... Is DGIndex supposed to be able to do this?

Cheers
Old 7th March 2008, 20:00   #308  |  Link

An ISO is just a dump of the disk, isn't it? So the parser parses through junk like the IFO and BUP and then hits the VOBs and sees start codes, etc.

If it works it's a coincidence as it is not by design. Nor do I think you should rely on it.
Old 7th March 2008, 20:15   #309  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Thanks for the confirmation...

Just to let you know. Navigation and elementary stream de-muxing of "movie only" DVD .ISO file back-up's, works very well indeed

Cheers
Old 9th March 2008, 11:51   #310  |  Link
tre31

Ok I've searched somewhat, tried out a few things, and can't really find a solution (well kinda..you'll see).

It once again relates too Colormetry, and the lovely 'no hints'.
I'll try too make this as painless as possible...
DVB-T Australian HDTV
Frame rate: 25fps
Field order: Top Field First
Picture size: 1440x1088
Colormetry: Unspecified video (2)

From what I can gather from what has been previously said if dgindex thinks that the mpeg-2 video is HD (> SD) then it assumes a colormetry of 709, yet there is not really any assumption being made by dgindex - ie. it still throws that annoying 'no hints' error. My workaround so far has been too just remove the 'hints=true' section from within the brackets of the offending .avs, and then no error occurs.

Is this the right thing too do? and the other question is - if HD is assumed too be 709, why not just have dgindex throw out 709 for colormetry and then have no 'no hints' error?

btw this happens with all au HDTV no matter what channel...
Old 9th March 2008, 13:51   #311  |  Link

See here:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...ht=colormatrix

Regarding your suggestion, can you float that in the ColorMatrix thread and see if anybody has any objection to it?
Old 9th March 2008, 20:55   #312  |  Link
hajj_3

neuron, is it possible for you to add an option in the menu or in the .ini to make dgmpgdec take window priority and beep again once it has finished saving a project as i used to know when it was finished if i was surfing on the net and can go and encode it, now i keep forgetting to look, i prefered the old behaviour alot more.

i like RC3 alot btw
Old 10th March 2008, 14:22   #313  |  Link
Zep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hajj_3 View Post
neuron, is it possible for you to add an option in the menu or in the .ini to make dgmpgdec take window priority and beep again once it has finished saving a project as i used to know when it was finished if i was surfing on the net and can go and encode it, now i keep forgetting to look, i prefered the old behaviour alot more.

i like RC3 alot btw
yeah I asked for this a few pages back myself. that option would great to have.
Old 10th March 2008, 16:47   #314  |  Link
agilpwc

If I call dgindex like this
dgindex.exe -IF=[%~n2.m2t] -OF=[%~n2] -OM=1 -IA=3 -minimize -exit
It doesn't honer the full path flag (ie I'm getting full paths and I don't want them), but if I open dgindex and go through the gui it works fine.
Old 10th March 2008, 21:50   #315  |  Link
The Scientist

Quote:

i like RC3 alot btw
Maybe no need? What if it beeped when the GUI was used and not when CLI?
Old 10th March 2008, 22:12   #316  |  Link

Quote:
Waiting for the third release candidate to ask for a feature to be added is pretty rude.

Quote:
If I call dgindex like this
dgindex.exe -IF=[%~n2.m2t] -OF=[%~n2] -OM=1 -IA=3 -minimize -exit
It doesn't honer the full path flag (ie I'm getting full paths and I don't want them), but if I open dgindex and go through the gui it works fine.
This arguably a bug so I will look at it.
Old 11th March 2008, 03:25   #317  |  Link
hajj_3

Quote:
Waiting for the third release candidate to ask for a feature to be added is pretty rude.

This arguably a bug so I will look at it.
hehe, it worked fine in RC2 tho neuron, not sure why it was changed, even if we just changed a value in the .ini would be fine, a tick menu item would be prefered, 1 for beep on/off and 1 for application take focus. Hope you might be able to implement 1 of those 3 options for RC4.

thanks for your hard work neuron
Old 11th March 2008, 03:40   #318  |  Link

Quote:
hehe, it worked fine in RC2
You mean 1.4.4 RC2?

No way it worked in 1.5.0 RC2.

Just to demonstrate what a magnanimous chap I am (matching your kind words), I've added an INI file option.

Notify_When_Done:
0=no notify
1=window to foreground
2=beep
3=foreground and beep
4=send email to all 50 forums at which hajj_3 has an account

Last edited by Guest; 11th March 2008 at 04:20.
Old 11th March 2008, 11:31   #319  |  Link
tre31

Quote:
See here:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...ht=colormatrix

Regarding your suggestion, can you float that in the ColorMatrix thread and see if anybody has any objection to it?
Well, after some more testing on my part, and reading the colormatrix thread and understanding why it should remain the status quo.. was dgindexing a SDTV demuxed capture today, same problem (no hints, unknown), now in previous versions I did not have this problem with both SD & HD from both the same 2 channels, so this leads me too believe you have somehow broken compatibility in RC2 with DVB-T in Australia (PAL), unfortunately I don't have samples from the past (for obvious reasons I don't keep MPEG-2 originals), but if you want samples (I'll make them small) of SD/HD let me know.

Finally I think that there is colormetry within these streams however its just not being parsed right by dgindex, it used too work fine, now it doesn't, that implies change, and as far as I know DVB-T in au has not changed, the standards have been set for a while now (except for transport stream properties - ie. epg EIT).
Old 11th March 2008, 12:22   #320  |  Link
hajj_3

Quote:
You mean 1.4.4 RC2?

No way it worked in 1.5.0 RC2.

Just to demonstrate what a magnanimous chap I am (matching your kind words), I've added an INI file option.

Notify_When_Done:
0=no notify
1=window to foreground
2=beep
3=foreground and beep
4=send email to all 50 forums at which hajj_3 has an account
wohoo

it certainly worked in 1.5.0 beta 13 and im almost certain 1.5.0 RC2, it took foreground and beeped. thanks for adding this

/me does the david brent dance for neuron.
Closed Thread