Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10th October 2009, 05:34   #4821  |  Link
Dark Shikari
x264 developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhope View Post
That would be great. I already informed them about it but didn't get a response and I've since deleted those files. I'll set up a new test case. Which of the ND-AAC templates would be theoretically a good one to choose for uploading audio to YouTube/Facebook (that they will obviously re-encode)? One of the 192kbps ones perhaps? HE or LC?
Facebook just uses [mostly] stock ffmpeg for decoding, so anything ffmpeg will handle is good. So LC-AAC is your friend.
Dark Shikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2009, 08:43   #4822  |  Link
nhope
partially-informed layman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Shikari View Post
Facebook just uses [mostly] stock ffmpeg for decoding, so anything ffmpeg will handle is good. So LC-AAC is your friend.
I uploaded MPEG4 test videos using both the NDAAC-LC-MultiChannel-192Kbps and NDAAC-HE-64Kbps templates and the audio got encoded correctly by Facebook in both cases. Looks like Facebook have fixed it. Thanks for the reply.
nhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2009, 20:54   #4823  |  Link
RandomEngy
VidCoder Author

Hey, I'm having a bit of a problem trying to get multiple audio tracks on an MP4 file. I've got an MP4 file with an AAC audio track. I add the video and audio from that file, then another AAC track to it and mux them. The second track is a commentary track. The resulting file plays fine with Zoom Player, but Windows Media Player picks the commentary by default and I can't find a place to change it back. Quicktime plays both at once and doesn't let me change it.

Is there some way to specify that one track is the default track?
RandomEngy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2009, 21:20   #4824  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomEngy View Post
I've got an MP4 file with an AAC audio track.
What is it and where did you get it?
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2009, 21:34   #4825  |  Link
SacredCultivator

Just wanted to double check on "Updates", there haven't been any through Kurtnoise's server and Sharktooth isn't back yet correct?
SacredCultivator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2009, 21:46   #4826  |  Link
RandomEngy
VidCoder Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
What is it and where did you get it?
Well I just encoded a video to x264/PCM AVI in vegas, then used SUPER to put the video stream in an MP4 container, while encoding the audio to AAC. I didn't see a place to put in multiple audio tracks in either program so I'm trying to add it in after the fact.
RandomEngy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2009, 01:20   #4827  |  Link
eyeguy

Just installed megui on a new computer and trying to encode x.264 file and getting an error:

--[Information] [10/6/2009 1:38:46 PM] Encoding started
--[NoImage] Standard output stream
--[NoImage] Standard error stream: C:\Program Files\MeGUI\tools\x264\x264.exe: unknown option -- progress

any help is appreciated!
eyeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2009, 09:29   #4828  |  Link
ACrowley

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacredCultivator View Post
Just wanted to double check on "Updates", there haven't been any through Kurtnoise's server and Sharktooth isn't back yet correct?
correct...megui is still broken
ACrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2009, 15:28   #4829  |  Link
Dark Eiri

^ It works for me.
Dark Eiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 10:25   #4830  |  Link
Jo-eL

picture jumps

Just had to reinstall megui yesterday and had never have any problems before, but now the picture jumps already in the prewiev, I think there is something that have forgotten to install but I cant figure it out please help...

if you need more info let me know
Jo-eL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2009, 00:15   #4831  |  Link
Shandra

Well, I can just say - after a few experiments - if you stick to kurnoises server -> you live on the edge, but from my experiments I would conclude that sticking to *.1051 is the better way if you want to stay archival...
May I add - in my Opinion and Circumstances..... Because from what I had "preiviewed" with the branche from Kurtnoise is very promising!!! But somehow it is lacking a certain basic something But I may venture into saying that this certain "basic" was at no way an intention of this development of the tree....

So, why can't we just step back to use the old branch of a tree (*.1051) and be happy with the results ??? Should we truly argue against those who actually develop? Either we are Testies, or we are Users.... I stick to be a user... and from my experiences that means to stay with megui.org and my old install..... Maybe I am missing a something certain by that, but the Macroblocks Artifacts I came to notice by the Kurtnoise "uptodate"-branche ain't worth any further discussions! That branche is great in its own way, but not unless you are willing to build it, the enoding parameters, all up from *scratch* again.......

P.S.: I really love the "edge" branche, but it really is somehow less quality with same parameters... I don't know how to put it, but there are some Macro Artifacts that are not within the old build.... Maybe that is a decoder question? With me it is good old FFDShow TryOuts 090902....
Shandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2009, 03:54   #4832  |  Link
Chainmax
Huh?

I am also receiving an error message after installing MeGUI anew in preparation for a series of encodes I also receive an "unrecognized option" error. This is the generated CLI line:

Code:
program --profile high --preset fast --crf 18 --thread-input --deblock 1:1 --keyint 240 --min-keyint 24 --bframes 8 --b-adapt 2 --b-pyramid 
--b-bias 0 --scenecut 40 --ref 16 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --rc-lookahead 40 --no-mbtree --aq-mode 1 --aq-strength 0.5 --merange 32 --me umh 
--subme 9 --partitions all --trellis 1 --psy-rd 0.6:0 --no-dct-decimate --no-fast-pskip --output "output" "input"
And here's the error message:

Code:
[NoImage] Standard error stream: X:\wherever\x264.exe: unrecognised option `--rc-lookahead'
The option is located in the "Rate Control" tab, right above the "Use MB-Tree" option and there does not seem to be a way to disable it, even having MB-Tree unchecked (which I assume is what uses this lookahead setting).
Old 15th October 2009, 04:21   #4833  |  Link
prOnorama

Update your x264.exe to the latest version from x264.nl

(A moderator should make a sticky about this and other MeGUI update issues methinks)
prOnorama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2009, 15:13   #4834  |  Link
elkey

Edit........................

Last edited by elkey; 17th October 2009 at 13:37.
elkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2009, 15:56   #4835  |  Link
Inspector.Gadget

We can't help you with Rule 6 material.
Inspector.Gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2009, 16:10   #4836  |  Link
elkey

What do you mean?
If I get mistake, plz forgive it. I'm not good at using Eng. I've tried many ways but it's not working so I think the x264's developer can help me.

Last edited by elkey; 15th October 2009 at 16:14.
Old 15th October 2009, 16:15   #4837  |  Link
Inspector.Gadget

You don't own the source material: it is a downloaded "scene" release that violates copyright laws. We do not assist people with that sort of thing here. Read the rules linked at the top of the page.
Old 15th October 2009, 16:43   #4838  |  Link
elkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector.Gadget View Post
You don't own the source material: it is a downloaded "scene" release that violates copyright laws. We do not assist people with that sort of thing here. Read the rules linked at the top of the page.
Well "scene release" ? Do you mean that --> http://x264.nl/x264/

And after step-by-step as i often did it before i re-install my OS, it became what i showed you . Pliz help or let me know if i break one more rule
Old 15th October 2009, 16:48   #4839  |  Link
Inspector.Gadget

Your source is of a type NOT PERMITTED on doom9. READ THE RULES. They are in simple English.
Old 15th October 2009, 17:18   #4840  |  Link
elkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector.Gadget View Post
Your source is of a type NOT PERMITTED on doom9. READ THE RULES. They are in simple English.
Ops, I understand , the source that i used ? Pardon me you guys, i'll notice this carefully

Tags
megui