Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

 

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 AVC / H.264

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 5th December 2007, 23:15   #721  |  Link
Guest
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 21,922
Control Panel/Add Remove Programs

Look for Microsoft Visual Studio Redistributable package.

There's a link in this thread if you haven't got it installed.
Guest is offline  
Old 5th December 2007, 23:32   #722  |  Link
rack04
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
Control Panel/Add Remove Programs

Look for Microsoft Visual Studio Redistributable package.

There's a link in this thread if you haven't got it installed.
That was the problem. Thanks.
rack04 is offline  
Old 5th December 2007, 23:59   #723  |  Link
liquidator87
Registered User
 
liquidator87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 70
Hi, I keep getting "Microsoft VC++ Runtime Error"...

This is the first time it happens, I've been using DGAVCDec without problems, but now it gives me this error...
The dga file is created with no problems, the encode starts and goes well till 10,4%, then it crashes...
The source is a bd file.

I checked and reinstalled VC redist, but no solution... any idea?
liquidator87 is offline  
Old 6th December 2007, 00:52   #724  |  Link
Guest
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 21,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by rack04 View Post
That was the problem. Thanks.
Thanks to you too for bearing with my gruff nature. I'll investigate this because I thought I had linked with static libraries. I'll also add a big warning in the readme.
Guest is offline  
Old 6th December 2007, 00:53   #725  |  Link
Guest
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 21,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidator87 View Post
Hi, I keep getting "Microsoft VC++ Runtime Error"...

This is the first time it happens, I've been using DGAVCDec without problems, but now it gives me this error...
The dga file is created with no problems, the encode starts and goes well till 10,4%, then it crashes...
The source is a bd file.

I checked and reinstalled VC redist, but no solution... any idea?
You have the SP1 version of the redist package, yes?

If so, I will need a stream fragment that I can use to duplicate the issue.
Guest is offline  
Old 6th December 2007, 01:54   #726  |  Link
liquidator87
Registered User
 
liquidator87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 70
Yes, I installed this

Here's the segment --> Link

Little notes:
- It will give you a warning because the first frame is not a I-Frame
- If you save the project the process ends with no error, but you get the error when you try to encode with x264
- If you preview the file into DGAVCIndex, it will crash
liquidator87 is offline  
Old 6th December 2007, 03:29   #727  |  Link
Guest
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 21,922
It's another libavcodec.dll problem. VLC uses the same decoder so if it doesn't play in VLC it won't play in DGAVCDec. I'm happy to collect such bad streams and pass them along to the libavcodec.dll authors, but beyond that there's little I can do.
Guest is offline  
Old 6th December 2007, 07:48   #728  |  Link
Guest
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 21,922
I found out that I had accidentally built DGAVCDecode.dll alpha 13 dynamically instead of statically, which caused the dependency on the VS 2005 redistributable package. I have updated alpha 13 to be fully static, so it is no longer necessary to have the VS 2005 redistributable package installed.
Guest is offline  
Old 6th December 2007, 09:00   #729  |  Link
azazel1103
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 8
back again with more info

i have tested alpha 13 on another machine. with the same .264 file works perfectly. my home machine is running win2k. is this the issue?

dgavcindex is not working on win2k?
or it's something else (win2k problems)?
can anyone say something?

thx again in advance
azazel1103 is offline  
Old 6th December 2007, 12:00   #730  |  Link
liquidator87
Registered User
 
liquidator87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
It's another libavcodec.dll problem. VLC uses the same decoder so if it doesn't play in VLC it won't play in DGAVCDec. I'm happy to collect such bad streams and pass them along to the libavcodec.dll authors, but beyond that there's little I can do.
So, how can I solve this? I cannot use DirectShowSource because of this problem...

Is there any way I can correctly import a 1080p stream in AviSynth? Is it possible to use DGAVCIndex with other decoders?

Last edited by liquidator87; 6th December 2007 at 12:02.
liquidator87 is offline  
Old 6th December 2007, 13:00   #731  |  Link
ToS_Maverick
x264 Tester
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Austria, near Vienna
Posts: 223
you cannot use another decoder, because DGAVCIndex just passes the stream on to the libavcodec.dll

it would also be very difficult to use the direct-show interface, because every decoder behaves differently (synch errors, features).
ToS_Maverick is offline  
Old 6th December 2007, 13:49   #732  |  Link
Deckard2019
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
* Fixed the problem of MeGUI stopping after a first pass when libavcodec reports warnings/errors.
* Fixed some incorrect seeks.
* Added real help files.
* Miscellaneous little bug fixes.
http://neuron2.net/dgavcdec/dgavcdec100a13.zip
Thank you neuron2. Works fine now with MeGUI.

Also, I used to get some errors with a12, during 1st pass :
Quote:
[h264 @ 6FCFD810]left block unavailable for requested intra4x4 mode -1 at 0 0
[h264 @ 6FCFD810]error while decoding MB 0 0, bytestream (td)
[h264 @ 6FCFD810]top block unavailable for requested intra4x4 mode -1 at 1 16
[h264 @ 6FCFD810]error while decoding MB 1 16, bytestream (td)
...
Now, MeGUI log don't report any error of that kind (x264).
Does it mean you fixed this ? If so, is it what you call "incorrect seeks" ?
Deckard2019 is offline  
Old 6th December 2007, 15:27   #733  |  Link
Guest
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 21,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by azazel1103 View Post
back again with more info

i have tested alpha 13 on another machine. with the same .264 file works perfectly. my home machine is running win2k. is this the issue?

dgavcindex is not working on win2k?
or it's something else (win2k problems)?
can anyone say something?
It has not been tested on Win2K. I fixed the file open problem on Win2K for DGMPGDec, so I need to make the same fix for DGAVCDec. I have a Win2K machine at work and will test it today and try to get a working version for you. Thank you for reporting this issue.
Guest is offline  
Old 6th December 2007, 15:36   #734  |  Link
Guest
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 21,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard2019 View Post
Now, MeGUI log don't report any error of that kind (x264).
Does it mean you fixed this ? If so, is it what you call "incorrect seeks" ?
It means that I intercepted the libavcodec errors so that MeGUI doesn't see them.

In DGAVCIndex, I report them via popups. In DGAVCDecode, I throw them in the bit bucket.

The incorrect seeks were due to a deficiency in my original seeking algorithm. According to my testing it is now working properly. I am testing it by adding reverse() at the end of the script and then playing the script. This causes DGAVCDec to have to seek to every frame that it displays, instead of playing linearly forward.
Guest is offline  
Old 6th December 2007, 15:40   #735  |  Link
Guest
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 21,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToS_Maverick View Post
it would also be very difficult to use the direct-show interface, because every decoder behaves differently (synch errors, features).
That needn't be an issue, as long as I require a certain decoder. I have thought about this. The decoder must provide an SDK for accessing the codec and it must be able to accept a stream of NALUs. I may contact the CoreAVC guys to see if something like this could be done.
Guest is offline  
Old 6th December 2007, 16:00   #736  |  Link
liquidator87
Registered User
 
liquidator87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 70
neuron2, I think the problem with my sample is that it's not fully BD+ decrypted...
liquidator87 is offline  
Old 6th December 2007, 16:16   #737  |  Link
azazel1103
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
It has not been tested on Win2K. I fixed the file open problem on Win2K for DGMPGDec, so I need to make the same fix for DGAVCDec. I have a Win2K machine at work and will test it today and try to get a working version for you. Thank you for reporting this issue.
ok let's make it work on win2k machine. I will wait for your next release to test it. Until then I will generate the dga file on my xp laptop and the encoding an my win2k dektop. it's not a problem. but i am also thinking to change the os on my desktop with xp.

thank's for answering. also it is posible that the generation of dga file on win2k machine to be related with your fix. let's wait and see...
azazel1103 is offline  
Old 6th December 2007, 17:40   #738  |  Link
Deckard2019
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
It means that I intercepted the libavcodec errors so that MeGUI doesn't see them.
Ok. I see. So finally, is DGAVCDec reliable enough to be used to decode sources ?
Thank you.
Deckard2019 is offline  
Old 6th December 2007, 18:03   #739  |  Link
Guest
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 21,922
As long as libavcodec can decode your stream, you will find DGAVCDec to be just fine.
Guest is offline  
Old 6th December 2007, 18:04   #740  |  Link
g0blez
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
That needn't be an issue, as long as I require a certain decoder. I have thought about this. The decoder must provide an SDK for accessing the codec and it must be able to accept a stream of NALUs. I may contact the CoreAVC guys to see if something like this could be done.
CoreAVC support would be great =p
g0blez is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.