Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Closed Thread

Old 18th September 2010, 14:51   #10541  |  Link
flebber
Practising Schemer

Hi. Having an issue with subs being extracted by eac3to. Seems to have an error passing bitstream. I inputted a Mkv file made with Makemkv into Megui HD Streams Extracto.

Initial post in Megui Thread here, referred here as error appeared in eac3to process http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...48#post1444148

I have uploaded a small sample which casues the error.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/87sp8r...281%29-001.mkv

Last edited by flebber; 18th September 2010 at 16:24.
Old 18th September 2010, 18:43   #10542  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

eac3to is unable to extract properly vobsub from mkv
(that why in HDC now i use mkvextract...)

BHH
AutoWebM: supporting WebM/VP8
Old 19th September 2010, 16:00   #10543  |  Link
xkodi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt8 View Post
can I use the same procedure also for normal 7.1 dtsma tracks, those without strange setup? or is there nothing like 5.1 channel distribution information available for sonic then?
in very short - you can't use what i explained for "normal 7.1 dtsma tracks" (i.e. the one that are not "strange setup"). the reason for that is simple:

- channels inside "strange setup" 7.1 dtsma track are the set (L, R, C, LFE, Lsr, Rsr, Ls, Rs) and sub-set of (L, R, C, LFE, Ls, Rs) is what you need for proper 5.1 channels and exactly that set (L, R, C, LFE, Ls, Rs) is what Sonic decodes bit-perfectly from such track and that's why using Sonic you end up with bit-perfect and correct set of channels for 5.1

- channels inside "normal 7.1 dtsma tracks" are the set (L, R, C, LFE, Lsr, Rsr, Lss, Rss) and so there is no "Ls" and "Rs" that you need for 5.1 and using Sonic you will end up with 5.1 channels that are simple not the set of channels you need for proper 5.1.

Quote:
btw. ive had 24-bit 7.1 tracks which then got transformed to 16-bit 5.1 with sonic, is it still lossless?
if the track is 24-bit for sure (and not 16-bit padded with "0" to 24-bit) then of course 24->16 is not lossless operation.

Quote:
hm where? does at least sonic do it correctly?
i don't know, but i will check that when have some spare time.
Old 19th September 2010, 16:10   #10544  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

alright, thanks!
Old 21st September 2010, 02:26   #10545  |  Link
SLKabaker

Issue with ArcSoft Decoder

I am relatively new to Video Conversion. I have only been doing it for a couple months now. I purchased ArcSoft MediaConverter 7. It includes the same DTS Decoder that comes with ArcSoft TMT. Is there a way to get eac3to to recognize that? I registered ASAudioHD.ax (using regsvr32) in the directory it was installed to. However, when I run eac3to -test, it still does not detect it. I ran GraphEdit, and it sees that the ArcSoft Audio Decoder is a DirectShow CODEC. I would appreciate any help in how to get eac3to to use the DTS Decoder. Do I need to copy the files and put them in another directory? I am running Windows 7 64Bit.

Also, for those of us unable to purchase Nero 7, as they are up to Nero 10 now, is it possible for eac3to to be updated to use ArcSoft's AC-3/E-AC3 decoder. It does not support Dolby TrueHD but it does support 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus. As well as, for AAC, Nero gives away free its Nero AAC Encoder and Decoder. eac3to already uses the NeroAACEncoder.exe, is there a way to have it use NeroAACDecoder.exe instead of Nero 7? Also, Microsoft put a Full E-AC3 Decoder into Windows 7...

I am sorry if any of this is already explained in the 500+ pages of this forum. Please just point me in the right direction and I will learn quickly. Thank you for all your help.
Old 21st September 2010, 02:55   #10546  |  Link
Midzuki
Unavailable

@ SLKabaker:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=148324

IMPORTANT: don't forget the file checkactivate.dll.
Old 21st September 2010, 03:15   #10547  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

afaik madshi wont bother to implement 7.1 DD+, because DD+ died when HD DVD died and there wasnt really any movie which used 7.1 DD+.
Old 23rd September 2010, 02:03   #10548  |  Link
mr.duck
quack quack

Is there anything that can be done to reduce audio sync issues with eac3to? It usually happens when I get a message like this...

Code:
v01 The MKV file was created without making use of the gap/overlap information.
v01 Please check whether audio is in sync. If it is in sync everything is fine.
v01 Otherwise ask eac3to to repeat the muxing. It will then automatically make 
v01 use of the detailed gap/overlap information.
If I don't repeat the muxing then sometimes the audio can be really badly out of sync. It is not predictable how much. If I repeat the muxing as it says, it successfully makes the new MKV file without this error message. But then the audio goes out of sync by a small but very noticeable amount.

So repeating the muxing does do something but maybe eac3to needs extra help by having the file cleaned up by another program that can take care of the gaps etc before passing it on to eac3to? Any other ideas how I can stop the audio going out of sync?
Old 23rd September 2010, 12:23   #10549  |  Link
Mark_A_W
3 eyed CRT supporter

I'm having terrible trouble with the last 4 Seamless Branching BD discs I've done.

The lipsync is all over the place - the audio does not match the video.

I've tried with 3.22 and 3.24. It's running the second pass, but the result is wrong. I'm converting the audio to Flac.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Last edited by Mark_A_W; 23rd September 2010 at 12:51.
Old 23rd September 2010, 13:19   #10550  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

afaik never had these problems with BDs since it was working correctly.

flac's framelength is 1ms, so there shouldnt be any delay at all.
Old 23rd September 2010, 13:53   #10551  |  Link
Mark_A_W
3 eyed CRT supporter

No, not a constant delay.

The audio varies from scene to scene, which must have been different m2ts file chunks. It's like the overlap correction is incorrect.

It used to work fine, but I haven't been able to figure which version it went wrong.
Old 23rd September 2010, 13:58   #10552  |  Link
Mark_A_W
3 eyed CRT supporter

I get a correct result if I use MakeMKV tp make a MKV, then use eac3to to convert convert the audio from that to flac (then mux with mkvmerge).
Old 23rd September 2010, 14:46   #10553  |  Link
Inspector.Gadget

Mark_A_W: Are you getting the message seen in mr. duck's post immediately above?
Old 23rd September 2010, 21:06   #10554  |  Link
DJ_Phatic

I would like to start using eac3to again but I find that when I install Haali, it decides to take over my computer even though i untick everything when installing.

I don't Haali to be used for playback of mkv and ts/m2ts. Any suggestions how I can install haali without it taking priority? Filemerit doesn't seem to make a difference.
Old 23rd September 2010, 21:08   #10555  |  Link
SamuriHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Phatic View Post
I would like to start using eac3to again but I find that when I install Haali, it decides to take over my computer even though i untick everything when installing.

I don't Haali to be used for playback of mkv and ts/m2ts. Any suggestions how I can install haali without it taking priority? Filemerit doesn't seem to make a difference.
I use batch files to unregister all the dlls/ax files for both 32 and 64 bit environments. Then I just register the files needed for mkv when I need it in the 32 bit environment.
Old 23rd September 2010, 22:54   #10556  |  Link
Midzuki
Unavailable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Phatic View Post
I would like to start using eac3to again but I find that when I install Haali, it decides to take over my computer even though i untick everything when installing

It looks like the "dictator complex" of Haali has been fixed in version 1.10.262.12 (2010/Aug/14). Except for the "generic" (Matroska) splitter, all its other components remain happily set at merit=0x00200000.

As for the playback of transport streams, I highly recommend the ArcSoft splitter and decoders.
Old 23rd September 2010, 22:57   #10557  |  Link
Mark_A_W
3 eyed CRT supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector.Gadget View Post
Mark_A_W: Are you getting the message seen in mr. duck's post immediately above?
Yes.
And lots of discontinuity errors. Then Video overlap errors.

But it then runs the second pass, which I thought fixed that.

Do I need to manually run a 3rd pass? (I'll have to talk to MikeEby about including that automatically in his Gui, if that is the case).

Thanks

Mark
Old 23rd September 2010, 23:38   #10558  |  Link
sub24ox7
Audiophile

yea I have done a few 2 in one encodes lately last was Anchoman: The Legend Of Ron Burgundy which had an authoring error where there was two of the same dreamwork clip intro in both of the .mpls files for the two runtimes. Anyway the disc uses branching obviously and when demuxing the video and audio and after encoding the video and adding the audio and muxing with mkvmerge there are no audio gaps via that method. I have noticed
that playback with mpc-hc of blu-ray discs with branching via the mpls file the audio is getting out of sync everytime a new m2ts file is played in the mpls.
Old 23rd September 2010, 23:46   #10559  |  Link
mr.duck
quack quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_A_W View Post
Do I need to manually run a 3rd pass? (I'll have to talk to MikeEby about including that automatically in his Gui, if that is the case).
I've already tried another pass with eac3to and the results are less than perfect.

Something else I have found out, if I simply demux the file with another program like TSmuxer, and then play the output files (which is badly out of sync at this point) but then manually adjust the audio sync in MPC HC to the exact number reported by eac3to when it scans the file (-650ms in my example file), then I get better results than if eac3to did the muxing to mkv which is supposed to take care of this offset! Even after all these multiple passes.

eac3to is nearly there, but I think I worked out what the problem is. eac3to needs to insert missing frames in the audio or video to maintain the correct timecodes to keep it in sync. For me it happens when the source file is not perfect.

Last edited by mr.duck; 23rd September 2010 at 23:49.
Old 24th September 2010, 05:46   #10560  |  Link
SLKabaker

@Midzuki

Thank you for the link. I appreciate the help. I will try these options out.
Closed Thread

Tags
eac3to