Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 7th November 2010, 14:04   #10061  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuttle99 View Post
jdobbs, I copied over the x264 from 35.01 to 36.01 and tried it again and it did not work. I am trying it again with strict AVCHD on and will let you know how that goes when it is done. They do play normal on the computer but the panasonic player does not like some thing that has changed in 36.01. I did notice a new file in the 36.01 tools directory HCencoder.exe not sure if it is being used in 36.01 and is causing it not to play?

Thanks,
Shuttle99
That's unrelated to BD processing. It is only used for DVD creation.
Old 7th November 2010, 14:09   #10062  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.rup View Post
Encode is finished, and it is perfect! So I come to the conclusion that there must have been some changes in the code which latterly prevent BD Rebuilder from taking a language into consideration if this language is not selected in the setup. Shouldn't it be possible to override the settings from the setup manually? In earlier versions it worked this way, but not in the latest versions (I tried three or four times). Maybe this is a phenomenon limited to german language which has two ISO codes, but, as already mentioned, it worked in earlier versions.
??? You can select/deselect anything you want by double clicking on the audio in the streams list. I just tried it and it works correctly. You cannot change the audio, however, while the disc is being processed (for obvious reasons).

Quote:
but, as already mentioned, it worked in earlier versions.
I think you are mistaken. The way it works has not changed at all in many, many versions. The default selections are based upon your SETUP choices, but after the defaults are set, you can change as you see fit from the streams lit. If, however, you go back and change the settings in SETUP, you will revert to the defaults again.

Last edited by jdobbs; 7th November 2010 at 14:36.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2010, 14:11   #10063  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamete View Post
- FFDSHOW_RAW_AUDIO: Not recommended setting

how to fix?
Go into FFDSHOW's audio decoder configuration utility and set "Uncompressed" (the last entry) to "All Supported".
Old 7th November 2010, 14:44   #10064  |  Link
m.rup

Hi jdobbs, sorry for being inexplicit, english is not my native language.

Quote:
You can select/deselect anything you want by double clicking on the audio in the streams list.
Of course I selected german language in the stream list before starting processing the way you mentioned and it looked like it worked properly. But then, after the encode had been started and finished, I had to face that the only remaining audio tracks on the disc (burnt with ImgBurn) where the english ones, the german ones had disappeared. This did not happen with earlier versions of BD Rebuilder. Since I have selected the second ISO code in setup, the stream list now shows the german tracks selected from the beginning and they are on the disc after encode.

Besides, I appreciate your incredible work for years (maybe you remember, years ago I sent you some bucks in a letter from germany) and have made a donation. Please carry on with developing these marvelous things.
m.rup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2010, 14:52   #10065  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.rup View Post
Hi jdobbs, sorry for being inexplicit, english is not my native language.

Of course I selected german language in the stream list before starting processing the way you mentioned and it looked like it worked properly. But then, after the encode had been started and finished, I had to face that the only remaining audio tracks on the disc (burnt with ImgBurn) where the english ones, the german ones had disappeared. This did not happen with earlier versions of BD Rebuilder. Since I have selected the second ISO code in setup, the stream list now shows the german tracks selected from the beginning and they are on the disc after encode.

Besides, I appreciate your incredible work for years (maybe you remember, years ago I sent you some bucks in a letter from germany) and have made a donation. Please carry on with developing these marvelous things.
Are you sure it isn't an issue with a specific disc? BD-RB's processing of audio hasn't changed in this release. There was an update in that last release (v0.35.01):
Code:
- Corrected an error in which audio/sub tracks may 
  be incorrectly identified by track/language when
  reencoded using movie-only mode from a multi-part
  source with a large number of segments.
Maybe posting your log and INF file (from the failed attempt) would help. I'm a little confused because selecting an audio track from the streams list and from the SETUP does the same thing -- except one is automatic.

Last edited by jdobbs; 7th November 2010 at 14:58.
Old 7th November 2010, 14:59   #10066  |  Link
drackula

I can't use it. when i can run program show " This beta is expired. Please upgrade to a new version" but i use program last version 0.36.01
How to i can fix. thank you
drackula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2010, 15:26   #10067  |  Link
m.rup

Quote:
BD-RB's processing of audio hasn't changed in this release. There was an update in that last release (v0.35.01):
Yes, it is possible that the issue has been raised in v0.35.01 (when I noticed the problem, I already had upgraded to 0.36.01)
Well, I will deselect German(deu) in setup and then do another encode.

Quote:
Maybe posting your log and INF file (from the failed attempt) would help.
Where can I find these files? Do I have to delete the log file to get a new one containing only the current data?

Ps: Just deselected German(deu) and the german tracks have become deselected in the stream list. Will now start the encoding.
Pps: Of course I selected the the german tracks manually in the stream list.

Last edited by m.rup; 7th November 2010 at 15:33. Reason: Additional information
Old 7th November 2010, 15:51   #10068  |  Link
bassnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by drackula View Post
I can't use it. when i can run program show " This beta is expired. Please upgrade to a new version" but i use program last version 0.36.01
If you ahve and are using the latest version 0.36.01 check your couputers date and time settings I would guess that something isn't set right there.
bassnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2010, 15:53   #10069  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by drackula View Post
Your computer's date is set incorrectly.
Old 7th November 2010, 17:03   #10070  |  Link
jhkilroy

Awesome to be able to make a normal dvd from bd rebuilder! Sweet! Its sweet to turn a blu ray into something that will play in the car....... sweeeeeeeeeeeet !
jhkilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2010, 17:19   #10071  |  Link
Shuttle99

jdobbs, i had both conversions one from 36.01 & one from 35.01 so I thought I would try burn another disc using all files from 36.01 but make one change, I deleted the m2ts video file from the stream directroy and replaced it with the one made from 35.01 and low and behold the disc played so the problem isn't all the other files in the folders from 36.01 its the video file that won't play. I have proved it by using all files from 36.01 but only changing out and using the m2ts file from 35.01. Maybe this will help. Another thing is I converted it twice with 36.01 once with the x264 from 36.01 and another after replacing 36.01 x264 files with the ones from 35.01 and that did not play either so its something that 36.01 is doing to the m2ts video file and not the x264 files since I have tried the ones from 35.01 and it did not work. Version 35.01 works and 36.01 does something to the m2ts file and the player does not like it thought it does play on the computer.

Shuttle99

Last edited by Shuttle99; 7th November 2010 at 17:38.
Shuttle99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2010, 19:40   #10072  |  Link
Shuttle99

jdobbs, I just got done trying 36.01 with strict AVCHD on and it still does not work. So back to my other post 36.01 is putting something into m2ts video file it self that is preventing it from loading because like I said in the other post all the files generated from 36.01 and the m2ts video file from 35.01 play fine.
Old 7th November 2010, 20:16   #10073  |  Link
m.rup

BD Rebuilder doesn't like languages other than english

The encoding is finished now and the disc shows the same behavior as afore when German(deu) was deselected, the german tracks have disappeared though I have selected them manually in the stream list (in this case only for main feature, I did it for all streams in previous tests, the result was the same). I have attached the .inf and the .log file, maybe there are some hints of what's going on.
Attached Files
File Type: txt BD-REBUILDER.INF.txt (13.4 KB, 24 views)
File Type: txt BD-REBUILDER.LOG.txt (168.6 KB, 31 views)
Old 7th November 2010, 23:03   #10074  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
jdobbs, I just got done trying 36.01 with strict AVCHD on and it still does not work. So back to my other post 36.01 is putting something into m2ts video file it self that is preventing it from loading because like I said in the other post all the files generated from 36.01 and the m2ts video file from 35.01 play fine.
Well no matter how many times you say it I have the code right here in front of me... and BD-RB never puts or changes anything in the M2TS file (except in a menu). The CLPI and MPLS files are modified by BD-RB to match the M2TS in the context of the BD. The M2TS file is created by TSMUXER. The same version of TSMUXER has been in use for at least a year now... I have no idea why it would be different -- but if something is modifying the M2TS I don't think it is BD-RB.

Are you doing any kind of pre or post processing?

I'm sure something is going on that is causing you to have an issue... but we're not going to find it by you telling me what my program is doing when I know better.

Can you run it again and compare the command lines used for encoding the main feature (it is in the BD-RB folder and is called LASTCMD.TXT)?

Last edited by jdobbs; 7th November 2010 at 23:14.
Old 7th November 2010, 23:34   #10075  |  Link
Shuttle99

jdobbs, I always create a new directory for all new versions of BDRebuilder so I currently have both version still installed in seperate directories and they both run independent of each other. I ran each version 35.01 & 36.01 on the same video and saved them in different folders, I burned both & 35.01 plays and 36.01 wants to play but kicks back to the dvd player menu. So I burned the 36.01 files only changing the m2ts video file using the one created with 35.01 and it played fine. I will burn another with the 35.01 files changing only the m2ts video from the 36.01 conversion and let you know if it will play. I have both files you asked about and I can send them to you to look at. The only thing on the 36.01 file I last ran I selected strict AVCHD in the setup. Let me know if I can send them to you some how.
Old 7th November 2010, 23:37   #10076  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
jdobbs, I always create a new directory for all new versions of BDRebuilder so I currently have both version still installed in seperate directories and they both run independent of each other. I ran each version 35.01 & 36.01 on the same video and saved them in different folders, I burned both & 35.01 plays and 36.01 wants to play but kicks back to the dvd player menu. So I burned the 36.01 files only changing the m2ts video file using the one created with 35.01 and it played fine. I will burn another with the 35.01 files changing only the m2ts video from the 36.01 conversion and let you know if it will play. I have both files you asked about and I can send them to you to look at. The only thing on the 36.01 file I last ran I selected strict AVCHD in the setup. Let me know if I can send them to you some how.
I'd rather you compared the LASTCMD.TXT files as I requested.
Old 7th November 2010, 23:46   #10077  |  Link
Shuttle99

ok not sure what to look for but here are the files

D:\Video\BD-RBV03501\tools\x264-64.exe" "D:\WORKING 5\WORKFILES\00020.track_4113.vc1" --preset medium --demuxer lavf --force-cfr --b-pyramid strict --weightp 0 --qpmin=0 --bitrate 3759 --level 4.0 --qpfile "D:\WORKING 5\WORKFILES\VID_00020.CHP" --sar 1:1 --aud --nal-hrd vbr --pic-struct --vbv-bufsize 14500 --keyint 24 --min-keyint 1 --ipratio 1.1 --pbratio 1.1 --vbv-maxrate 17500 --threads auto --thread-input --stats "D:\WORKING 5\WORKFILES\00020.track_4113.vc1.264.stats" --pass 2 --output "D:\WORKING 5\WORKFILES\00020.track_4113.vc1.264"

"D:\Video\BD-RBV03601\tools\x264-64.exe" "D:\NEW FOLDER\WORKFILES\00020.track_4113.vc1" --preset medium --demuxer lavf --b-pyramid strict --weightp 0 --qpmin=0 --bitrate 3759 --level 4.0 --qpfile "D:\NEW FOLDER\WORKFILES\VID_00020.CHP" --sar 1:1 --aud --nal-hrd vbr --pic-struct --vbv-bufsize 14500 --keyint 24 --min-keyint 1 --ipratio 1.1 --pbratio 1.1 --vbv-maxrate 17500 --threads auto --thread-input --stats "D:\NEW FOLDER\WORKFILES\00020.track_4113.vc1.264.stats" --pass 2 --output "D:\NEW FOLDER\WORKFILES\00020.track_4113.vc1.264"
Old 7th November 2010, 23:58   #10078  |  Link
Shuttle99

Ok I just burned a disc that 35.01 created but used the m2ts video that 36.01 created and it will not work but the disc I burned using the files from 36.01 and video from 35.01 works so the m2ts video file from 35.01 works when burned with all other files created from either version but the m2ts video file created with 36.01 will not work with either version files. I have test this on two different videos with the same results.
Old 8th November 2010, 02:09   #10079  |  Link
Capsbackup

It appears the log shows that with version 35.01 force-crf is set, but not with 36.01. Yet bitrate shows 3759 for both.

@Shuttle99;
Do you let BD-RB create a new .ini file when you unzip the newest release? If not, you may want to try that. It is pretty simple to set up the new release with the features that you like, and avoid a potential conflict with previous versions to new releases.

Last edited by Capsbackup; 8th November 2010 at 02:24.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2010, 03:28   #10080  |  Link
Shuttle99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
It appears the log shows that with version 35.01 force-crf is set, but not with 36.01. Yet bitrate shows 3759 for both.

@Shuttle99;
Do you let BD-RB create a new .ini file when you unzip the newest release? If not, you may want to try that. It is pretty simple to set up the new release with the features that you like, and avoid a potential conflict with previous versions to new releases.
I always unzip to a new directory and so assume it does what it needs to do when I run it the first time. The only thing I have set in the setup in version 35.01 is to use the internal x264 LAVF. In version 36.01 I turned on strict AVCHD after both videos I tried it on failed. It did not help. The video play's fine on the computer but the player tries to start the video then aborts and goes to the players top menu. So I then ran 35.01 on both videos again and burned them and they played fine with 35.01 I rebooted the computer between all conversions. Like I said in my other post I converted the video with both versions and the video that was created with 35.01 works fine when burned with the files created with both versions but the video created with 36.01 does not work with either.