Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 19th May 2011, 01:31   #7761  |  Link
Markolc81

I'm having a problem when using MadVR in MPC-HC. When I start a movie, MadVR will change the refresh rate from 60p to 24p and that's where the problem starts. The pictures color is way off. Like if you seperated RGB and the Green color was a full 1-2" off on the display. Looks like a badly converged CRT. However this ONLY happens after an auto refresh rate change. If I start a movie and the refresh rate of my screen already matches the mkv, then the picture is fine! Does anyone have any insight? My video card in an AMD Radeon 6850. Also using LAV Splitter if that makes any difference.
Markolc81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2011, 04:07   #7762  |  Link
piccirilli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markolc81 View Post
I'm having a problem when using MadVR in MPC-HC. When I start a movie, MadVR will change the refresh rate from 60p to 24p and that's where the problem starts. The pictures color is way off. Like if you seperated RGB and the Green color was a full 1-2" off on the display. Looks like a badly converged CRT. However this ONLY happens after an auto refresh rate change. If I start a movie and the refresh rate of my screen already matches the mkv, then the picture is fine! Does anyone have any insight? My video card in an AMD Radeon 6850. Also using LAV Splitter if that makes any difference.
I had the same problem you described and found a couple of problems with MPC-HC. First try deselecting autochange freq in the fullscreen options of MPC-HC. If this does not fix your issue, it may be caused by one of your external filters. Try disabling your external filters one by one until problem clears. Hope this helps.
Perhaps as more people use MPC-HC with madvr, the codecs and settings will become standardized and easier to setup.
piccirilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2011, 04:49   #7763  |  Link
JarrettH

I actually prefer fewer updates. Who really wants to uninstall and reinstall madvr every few days?
JarrettH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2011, 04:53   #7764  |  Link
SamuriHL

Depends! Does it fix bugs or add awesome features? :-)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
Old 19th May 2011, 06:02   #7765  |  Link
ney2x

I think madshi is preparing a "big" improvements and new features of madvr in his next release...
ney2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2011, 06:08   #7766  |  Link
JamPS

Hi again!

All worked well, but this time MPC crashes when I move the window to my other displays. Log attached.

Last edited by Doom9; 23rd May 2011 at 07:25.
JamPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2011, 08:26   #7767  |  Link
Peuj

Hi,

I use the latest version (madVR v0.61) and I have some errors "updating vertex buffer failed" during playback.

Here's the log file: madVR log

I didn't find anything useful in the previous posts, is there something to do on my side?

Quote:
GPU: nvidia 8600M GT with driver 257.15
Aero: on
1920x1080 24Hz (TV)
Dual monitor PC/TV
Thanks
Peuj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2011, 13:16   #7768  |  Link
Markolc81

Quote:
Originally Posted by piccirilli View Post
I had the same problem you described and found a couple of problems with MPC-HC. First try deselecting autochange freq in the fullscreen options of MPC-HC. If this does not fix your issue, it may be caused by one of your external filters. Try disabling your external filters one by one until problem clears. Hope this helps.
Perhaps as more people use MPC-HC with madvr, the codecs and settings will become standardized and easier to setup.
I'm using reclock to auto change the refresh rate, not MPC-HC. But the problem exists even if I use MadVRs refresh rate changer. The only external filter I use in MPC-HC is LAV Audio so it shouldn't be that. Also I don't have any other codec packs installed, it's a relatively clean system. Maybe it's MPC-HCs internal decoder not grooving well with MadVR after a Refresh rate change?
Markolc81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2011, 13:38   #7769  |  Link
noee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markolc81 View Post
I'm using reclock to auto change the refresh rate, not MPC-HC. But the problem exists even if I use MadVRs refresh rate changer. The only external filter I use in MPC-HC is LAV Audio so it shouldn't be that. Also I don't have any other codec packs installed, it's a relatively clean system. Maybe it's MPC-HCs internal decoder not grooving well with MadVR after a Refresh rate change?
Sounds like it could be a video driver issue, but you could try swapping in FFDshow video decoder to see what happens.
noee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2011, 04:49   #7770  |  Link
Razoola

It's better to expect nothing and be surprised than to expect much and be dissapointed. Madshi always surprises me
Razoola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2011, 16:34   #7771  |  Link
dansrfe

Super smooth. Brilliant. Thanks madshi. perfekt.
dansrfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2011, 23:39   #7772  |  Link
TheElix

I wish I could say that. The most annoying thing that I experience with 0.61 is that when I use automatic exclusive D3D fullscreen sometimes video just stops while playing. You hear audio and the playback goes on but the picture freezes. No such thing in windowed mode. I suppose I should tell me specs after saying that.
C2D E8400, HD6970, MPC-HC 3114r (JanWillem32 version), any decoder (but I use PDVD10 2229 DXVA most frequently).
And madVR settings: http://rghost.ru/7256041/image.png

Last edited by TheElix; 20th May 2011 at 23:45.
TheElix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2011, 08:47   #7773  |  Link
Shah Jahan

I use madVR and ffdshow and I use the Resize & aspect option from ffdshow using Spline for Luma and Chroma with MPC Video Frame set to Normal Size.

My question is that madVR in its scaling algorithms has its own Spline for luma & chroma. So what will give me better quality?

1. ffdshow Spline resize with MPC set to normal size OR
2. madVR Spline with MPC set to Stretch to Window?

PS: I don't use the aspect ratio correction and don't intend to either.
Shah Jahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2011, 11:07   #7774  |  Link
hawkson

Are MADVR settings out of the box good for a 133" projector? Are there recommended modifications I should do to increase PQ? Also, can I toggle it on and off to see what the differences are between Madvr and non Madvr?
hawkson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2011, 20:08   #7775  |  Link
Hypernova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shah Jahan View Post
I use madVR and ffdshow and I use the Resize & aspect option from ffdshow using Spline for Luma and Chroma with MPC Video Frame set to Normal Size.

My question is that madVR in its scaling algorithms has its own Spline for luma & chroma. So what will give me better quality?

1. ffdshow Spline resize with MPC set to normal size OR
2. madVR Spline with MPC set to Stretch to Window?

PS: I don't use the aspect ratio correction and don't intend to either.
ffdshow put the load on CPU, madVR on GPU. Otherwise shouldn't be any difference. Others can explain more about this I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkson View Post
Are MADVR settings out of the box good for a 133" projector? Are there recommended modifications I should do to increase PQ? Also, can I toggle it on and off to see what the differences are between Madvr and non Madvr?
As far as madVR concern, projector is no different from any other type of display. So go ahead and use default. You may want to play around with refresh rate changer.

The second one, just use something else and compare?
Old 22nd May 2011, 13:42   #7776  |  Link
bitola

I love the picture quality that madvr gives and having the refresh rate changer is great. howver, I'm just about to give up on the whole htpc thing, I have massive overscan on my hdtv and can not fix it no matter what I do. I have a pioneer kuro (720p model - no 1:1 pixel mapping) and when I use the vdieo mode I get the overscan. don't want to use pc mode as I lose 24hz and 50hz refresh rates. I've virtualy tried everything from edid overrides, custom resolutions (nvidia gpu) resizing (stuffs up pq). no luck. will probably go for a media streamer or something. if any of you have a solution pls help. thanks.
bitola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2011, 15:24   #7777  |  Link
namaiki

bitola, I suppose you could try this:
http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/noteb...driver-uk.html

I haven't personally tested as I'm waiting until someone mods drivers for my laptop.
namaiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2011, 19:45   #7778  |  Link
Bryanhoop

I tried playing a DVD from Netflix using ffdshow and got a playback error: "Key exchange for DVD copy protection failed" when I used madVR as a renderer. I switched to VMR9 and EVR and they both worked fine. I've been able to playback ripped ifo and vob files using madVR in the past but it looks like this DVD-Video disc was having some issues.
Bryanhoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2011, 20:55   #7779  |  Link
TheElix

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitola View Post
I love the picture quality that madvr gives and having the refresh rate changer is great. howver, I'm just about to give up on the whole htpc thing, I have massive overscan on my hdtv and can not fix it no matter what I do. I have a pioneer kuro (720p model - no 1:1 pixel mapping) and when I use the vdieo mode I get the overscan. don't want to use pc mode as I lose 24hz and 50hz refresh rates. I've virtualy tried everything from edid overrides, custom resolutions (nvidia gpu) resizing (stuffs up pq). no luck. will probably go for a media streamer or something. if any of you have a solution pls help. thanks.
AMD cards have scaling options. When set to 0% (like this) there shouldn't be any overscan and in HDTV's native resolution you should be able to get a pixel-precise picture. Try getting an AMD card )
TheElix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2011, 23:56   #7780  |  Link
pacemaker1000

can someone help with this problem? i am using 6.1 with the latest mpc-hc and reclock and also the madvr refresh changer

when playing mkv files all is well for about 5 mins then all hell breaks loose! i get hundreds of dropped frames
pacemaker1000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling