Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 14th January 2018, 02:23   #1  |  Link
MysteryX
Soul Architect

Using UTF8 Files

I have a program that generates a script to open video files, and it was generally working fine as I was taking the short URL of the file when detecting UTF8 characters.

After installing onto a new computer, however, those very same video files fail to open for the simple reason that Windows doesn't always generate those short URLs and it's an unreliable method of accessing files.

I know there has been some improvements in Avisynth+ to support UTF8 file names. I generally use LSMashSource, and sometimes AviSource, to open video files. Is it currently possible to open files containing UTF8 characdters with those?

What would be the most reliable way of solving my problem to open any file whether or not they contain special characters?
MysteryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2018, 22:14   #2  |  Link
MysteryX
Soul Architect

I found out my problem.

Code:
fsutil 8dot3name query e:
This returned that 8dot3name generation was disabled on drive e:

Code:
fsutil behavior set disable8dot3 e: 0
This enabled 8dot3 name generation.

Then the only way to generate short file names is to copy the file and delete the original.

I believe it's beyond the scope of a music player software to make sure configuration change to the OS, but for now it works.

Any other better solution?
MysteryX is offline   Reply With Quote