Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 19th November 2017, 01:07   #8441  |  Link
raymondjpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
Repeatable in the same files, at the same positions each time? ... Data errors in the source files? A different video decoder might work. Or not.
Repeatable in the same files with what looks like the same positions each time. Handbrake can encode the files, but not as well as MeGUI IMO.

I think that there are errors in the source files and that the source of the errors may be VideoReDo TVSuite V5 which I use to edit advertisements out of TV captures. Encoding an unedited file with MeGUI gives no errors. After editing, I see the avs4x26x.exe errors in some (not all) of the edited files.

I have found a workaround. After muxing the edited TS files into MKVs with MKVToolNix GUI, then running the outputted MKVs through VideoReDo's QuickStream Fix appears to fix the problem. SRTs have to be remuxed into the Fixed files. I haven't tested this on all problem files yet.
raymondjpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2017, 02:12   #8442  |  Link
raymondjpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma View Post
You can try to use FFMSIndex on this file instead of L-SMASH Works.
Thanks. Using FFMSIndex allows encoding of the problem videos with x265 without errors. Is there a way to automate this in One-Click?
Old 19th November 2017, 03:44   #8443  |  Link
Ma

You can try 'One Click Encoder' -> Config -> tab 'Other' -> in 'Indexer / Opener Priority' select FFMS and click '+' to move it up before LSMASH.
Ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2017, 05:05   #8444  |  Link
raymondjpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma View Post
You can try 'One Click Encoder' -> Config -> tab 'Other' -> in 'Indexer / Opener Priority' select FFMS and click '+' to move it up before LSMASH.
Thank you! Changing the priority of indexer using the 'Other' tab has done the trick.

It couldn't have been more obvious if I'd tried looking a little harder.
Old 26th November 2017, 09:40   #8445  |  Link
raymondjpg

AVS Script Creator

One other question. When I open the AVS Script Creator from the Tools menu the only option available to me is Video Input. I cannot select any filters as the options are all greyed out. When I input a Video, the only options presented to me are One Click Encoder or File Indexer. If I choose the latter then I can see that the Scan Type is MBAFF, but there are still no options that I can see to select a deinterlacing option.

As far as I can tell the deinterlacing options are present in the avisynth_plugin directory of MeGUI. How can I access them, and select a preferred option for the AVS Scripts?

TIA

N.B. Running MeGUI in Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.
Old 26th November 2017, 10:11   #8446  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

After you select the "File Indexer", select the preferred plugin and let it create an indexing job.

Run this indexing job in your queue; when it completed, it re-opens the AVS Script Creator. Now you can select additional filters.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2017, 12:11   #8447  |  Link
raymondjpg

Quote:
After you select the "File Indexer", select the preferred plugin and let it create an indexing job.

Run this indexing job in your queue; when it completed, it re-opens the AVS Script Creator. Now you can select additional filters.
Thanks for the advice. I was able to select a deinterlacing option on the re-opening of the AVS Script Creator, and save a script.

There were some errors when I tried to analyse the file (I knew already it was interlaced TFF) - "Unexpected value in file ....make sure you have TIVTC.dll in your avisynth plugins directory". TIVTC.dll was definitely in the avisynth plugins directory, and using the backup version also gave the same error. I also encountered crash of MeGUI when trying to preview the avisynth script. However the main thing was I am now able to use a deinterlacing script if I need to.

Can you please also tell me if checking the box "Automatic Deinterlacing" under the Avisynth setup in the One Click config will implement some type of interlacing, even if there are no interlacing options in the Avisynth profile?

TIA.
Old 26th November 2017, 12:49   #8448  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

I can't help you on abbreviated messages (at least it sounds like the pure existence of the plugin is not the problem). And I never used the One Click Encoder.

New German Gleitz board
Old 26th November 2017, 18:36   #8449  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondjpg View Post
Can you please also tell me if checking the box "Automatic Deinterlacing" under the Avisynth setup in the One Click config will implement some type of interlacing, even if there are no interlacing options in the Avisynth profile?
If you have removed the <deinterlace> from the AVS profile no deinterlacing will be applied (but the source will be tested / identified).
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2017, 04:47   #8450  |  Link
raymondjpg

Quote:
I can't help you on abbreviated messages (at least it sounds like the pure existence of the plugin is not the problem). And I never used the One Click Encoder.
Thanks Again. For reference checking the box "Automatic Deinterlacing" under the Avisynth setup in the One Click config definitely has a beneficial effect on my HEVC encoding of interlaced source material. YMMV.
Old 27th November 2017, 04:53   #8451  |  Link
raymondjpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
If you have removed the <deinterlace> from the AVS profile no deinterlacing will be applied (but the source will be tested / identified).
<deinterlace> is still listed in the AVS profile for One-Click encoding. When I check the box "Automatic Deinterlacing" under the Avisynth setup in the One Click config there is an Automatic Deinterlacing step in processing the file, but no indication of whether that is just an analysis or if deinterlacing has been applied to the source material. As I indicated in my previous post it looks like there some deinterlacing has been applied to the source resulting in a beneficial visual effect to the output.

Thanks for your advice.
Old 27th November 2017, 08:37   #8452  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Another general advice: Knowing the content of the log file will probably remove a few doubts. The final AviSynth script generated by MeGUI, used to convert the video, will be part of it.

New German Gleitz board
Old 27th November 2017, 09:16   #8453  |  Link
raymondjpg

Quote:
Another general advice: Knowing the content of the log file will probably remove a few doubts. The final AviSynth script generated by MeGUI, used to convert the video, will be part of it.
Thanks for the tip.

I looked at the log file and it appears that deinterlacing was applied using TIVTC.dll:

---[NoImage] LoadPlugin("D:\Software\Software\Software\Blu Ray software\MeGUI\Updated Installation from 0.35\tools\avisynth_plugin\TIVTC.dll")
---[NoImage] tfm(order=-1).tdecimate(hybrid=3)

This was after source detection found:

---[NoImage] Progressive sections: 29
---[NoImage] Interlaced sections: 17
---[NoImage] Partially Static Sections: 101
---[NoImage] Film Sections: 5
---[NoImage] Source is declared hybrid film/interlaced. Majority is interlaced.
---[NoImage] Source is hybrid bff and tff at 5 bff and 40 tff.
--[Warning] [27/11/2017 10:49:18 AM] Deinterlacing used
Old 27th November 2017, 09:25   #8454  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Quite suspicious material. If it works for you now, fine; yet I wonder if the automatic detection was reliable. It surely has its limits.

New German Gleitz board
Old 27th November 2017, 11:28   #8455  |  Link
raymondjpg

Quote:
Quite suspicious material. If it works for you now, fine; yet I wonder if the automatic detection was reliable. It surely has its limits.
It is a short snatch of a TV capture where I had noticed significant combing after an HEVC transcode. The Automatic Deinterlacing significantly moderated that combing in this test, so it remains to be seen if it will work just as well on other interlaced material I have. It doesn't have to be perfect as I am only compressing to save space when archiving.
Old 14th December 2017, 05:40   #8456  |  Link
nandoom

I've MeGUI v2800 and I just tried to use the DGindex. It failed with this error. Any idea what could be the problem here?
Attached Images

nandoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2017, 08:15   #8457  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

This forum takes a while to release attachments.

Could you please publish an MeGUI log file in the meantime? Possibly via a "pastebin service", or in a "CODE" block.

New German Gleitz board
Old 15th December 2017, 05:02   #8458  |  Link
nandoom

Here is the log - https://pastebin.com/3XS3vbht

The pop up says - "Too many pictures per GOP (>=500) DGIndex will terminate."

I checked the "debug" in the settings but I don't see the debug info in the log.
nandoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2017, 06:44   #8459  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

This error message sounds like a malformed video source, possibly violating specifications.

Try to use a different decoder (e.g. FFMS2 or L-SMASH Works), software decoders may have more capacity and better tolerance than hardware accelerated decoders.

New German Gleitz board
Old 15th December 2017, 15:07   #8460  |  Link
hajj_3

XviD 1.3.5 has been released.
hajj_3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
megui