Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Old 12th April 2003, 01:23   #21  |  Link
TRILIGHT

Quote:
Originally posted by mikewillnot
I find the "UBERGuide," by contrast, very difficult to understand and use, to the point of being, for my purposes, useless.
Geeze! I even went to a whole lot of trouble to MAKE it in a flowchart design for people that needed the extra "hand holding" to get their project done. If I made it any simpler than the "do this...then do this...then do this" as WELL as downloadable screen captures of how to do a Scenarist layout, I'd have to fly to your house and do your project for you. No offense dude but that ain't happening.

If a very simple flowchart is confusing then you're sure to require a "walk through" of every title you ever do because nothing will ever really "make sense" to you. No one can teach you to think "logically" and how to visualize a DVD project from start to completion. You're a fairly new user so I would think you would come around eventually if you try learning the fundamentals of what you're doing sometime. Otherwise, you'll always need someone to walk you through every project you do.
Old 12th April 2003, 01:47   #22  |  Link
Eyes`Only
Dizzin It Fizzast Fo Yizz

He's using 2cool's walkthroughs, so I guess he'll at least have every DVD in his collection backed up that 2cool owns... hahaha. He best hope 2cool owns all the same DVDs that he does though!
•DVD2AVIdg useable by ReAuthorist •Bitrate control for use with NuMenu4U •Extras Bitrate applied to smaller PGCs in Main VTS •ScenAid integration •Right-Click Menus •Minimize to Systray •Improved Deinterlace Scripts
See: http://www.doitfast4u.com.

Use the donation link on the above URL or the app itself to make a $15+ donation and join the VIP list today!
Eyes`Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2003, 02:15   #23  |  Link
mikewillnot

Sorry to stir the pot again. I take it all back. Except the question for 2COOL (or whoever might like to answer it), which is why I posted in the first place. I'm trying to figure out how this all works, and the guides are a good start. I apologize to TRILIGHT & co., re the UberGuide. I looked over the guide some time ago, lately, I can't seem to get the "Take me to the UberGuide" link to work at all. I can see/read much of the other material, which has lots of Scenarist and Maestro information, and I confess it is considerably over my head. So beat me. I promise I'll get my hands on the UberGuide again before I ever let the word cross my fingers. And FWIW, my tastes intersect with lots of different people's, and don't match up perfectly with anyone's.

UPDATE: nevermind about the link. I got it.

Last edited by mikewillnot; 12th April 2003 at 02:35.
mikewillnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2003, 03:55   #24  |  Link
2COOL
PGC Navigator in Training

Quote:
Originally posted by mikewillnot
XXX GUIDE QUESTION: I followed your steps (those in the first post in this thread) and I get curious results in the final product. Played in IFOedit, with DVD Play, the behavior is as you predict: first play is essentially direct to the root menu (2 seconds of animation). When I use PowerDVD to view the same files, however, I get the longer, standard intro as in the original version (minus the original Colombia logo). This material is shown as Title 1, runs about 24 seconds, has a single button in it that takes you to the root menu, and after the second run (48 seconds total) takes you to the root menu anyway. I get the same behavior with WinDVD. Any thoughts about why the first play behavior would be different in this way, IFOedit v PowerDVD?
Hmmm...you could try this since I didn't write it in the guide.

Open your movie IFO. Go topside in Title Bar and select VOB Extras / STrip Streams. Select a destination and when you get to the next window, keep all your streams checked. You will be doing a mock strip and IFOedit will process the whole movie and corrrecting it. I hope it works for you. Oh by the way, here's a tip to make IFOedit process faster >

Drag the processing window to the bottom of the screen so that the progress bar is right above the bottom task bar and off the screen. You'll see the % increase faster.

BTW, I haven't dug up the backup but was there any after the movie is done and before the main menu appears again?

Last edited by 2COOL; 12th April 2003 at 04:53.
2COOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2003, 03:55   #25  |  Link
zardiw
Split Pro

I've looked at the UberGuide. There's a LOT of steps you have to go through......too many for me anyway. Just splitting a DVD into two disks w/ IfoEdit works fine for me, and it's a lot simpler to do that. Also, the movies that I've done so far, are EXACT duplicates of the original, with all the menus, extras, audio, subs, etc etc. Sometimes you have to tweak the PGC commands a little bit to make it play, but that's no biggie, and kind of interesting to figure out..........z
Old 12th April 2003, 04:31   #26  |  Link
mpucoder

There's no real reason to close the thread, IF it can get back on topic. Why is it anytime there is more than one method or program for accomplishing a task that an argument breaks out? If the arguing continues the thread will be closed.

As I understand it, 2Cool believes this guide is outdated due to the arrival of many more programs. That doesn't mean it won't work, but that there may be faster or simpler methods available today.
mpucoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2003, 18:23   #27  |  Link
baddbill

According to Websters dictionary:

Moderator - one who arbitrates : mediator

Mediator - one that mediates; especially: one that mediates between parties at variance

Mediates - to interpose between parties in order to reconcile them; to reconcile differences

Looks like Trilight and Eyes' Only aren't doing their job.

Bill
baddbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2003, 16:07   #28  |  Link
mikewillnot

Quote:
Originally posted by 2COOL
Open your movie IFO. Go topside in Title Bar and select VOB Extras / STrip Streams. Select a destination and when you get to the next window, keep all your streams checked. You will be doing a mock strip and IFOedit will process the whole movie and corrrecting it. I hope it works for you.
Tried that. No difference. Also (by RecordNow Max necessity) converted the fileset to .img, burned that. Same behavior. In addition, discovered that if played with Windows Media Player, I get the same behavior as with IFOedit DVD play -- what you described in the cheat sheet. PowerDVD & WinDVD both play the same files differently.

Quote:
BTW, I haven't dug up the backup but was there any after the movie is done and before the main menu appears again? [/B]
After the main movie credits end, it goes to the main/root menu, without the 48sec video intro.

Last edited by mikewillnot; 15th April 2003 at 22:14.
mikewillnot is offline   Reply With Quote