Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10th March 2004, 03:34   #1  |  Link
2COOL
PGC Navigator in Training

Barbie as Rapunzel (Region 1) Widescreen Only Cheat Sheet

Barbie as Rapunzel [Region 1] (Widescreen Only) Cheat Sheet v1
Courtesy of
2CL

Tool I used:
IFOedit 0.95
TitleSet Blanker 0.9.5
MenuEdit (registered)

Titleset Info
VTS_03: Fullscreen
VTS_06: Widescreen

This DVD has both widescreen and fullscreen versions available. Unfortunately, it doesn't have a normal Aspect Ratio Menu that pops up before the movie play. By default, the fullscreen version will display. In order to view the widescreen, it would have to be manually selected in “DVD setup” menu. In this guide, this is how I did this DVD to have widescreen display as default.

VIDEO_TS.BUP~
VIDEO_TS.IFO~
VTS_06_0.BUP~
VTS_06_0.IFO~
VTS_06_0.VOB~
VTS_06_1.VOB~
VTS_06_2.VOB~
VTS_06_3.VOB~

VTS_06_1.VOB~ --> VTS_03_1.VOB
VTS_06_2.VOB~ --> VTS_03_2.VOB
VTS_06_3.VOB~ --> VTS_03_3.VOB

VIDEO_TS.BUP~
VIDEO_TS.IFO~
VTS_06_0.BUP~
VTS_06_0.IFO~
VTS_06_0.VOB~

13. Click on VOB Extras button. We will be doing a mock strip to correct the IFO. Note: VTS_03 and VTS_06 have the exact numbers of PGCs and cells so we don’t need to do anymore manual edits in the IFOs.
At this point, if you play to test your movie, the widescreen now plays as default instead of fullscreen. Now the next thing to do is disable the aspect ratio buttons in your DVD Setup menu. This is where your registered MenuEdit comes into play.

Last edited by 2COOL; 29th August 2004 at 21:06.
2COOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2004, 18:29   #2  |  Link
voo_doo99

Wow, a VOB transplant, certainly a new and novel procedure from Dr. 2COOL! . But I wonder if the same result can be gotten by changing the references in the VMG PGC-Menu commands pointing them to the WS Title?
voo_doo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2004, 04:47   #3  |  Link
19joey58

hi 2cool please help !!! ...again

thank you soooooooooooo much 2cool, i cant beleive you did a custom cheat just for me (barbie as rapunzel). i have spent more time on this dvd rip than the dvd is worth, but i think i am like you where the challenge of getting it right is the main motive.

the rip workded great EXCEPT

1) the chapter selctions are not in sync. each chapter is off by a few minutes and by the time you go to chapter 20 (third last chapter) it links to the credits at the end of the movie. how can we fix this?, why is the widescreen movie approx 2-3 chapters (or about 10-15 min) shorter than the default fullscreen version?... the only thing i noticed is in CLONE DVD there were two widescreen title sets (i think 3 and 8 ) and two fullscreen title sets (i think 4 and 9) one had 26 chapters the other had 24 chapters (the longer one had two intro chapters). could it be that we are using the 24 chapter version when we should be using the 26 chapter version to syncronize the chapter selections?

2) i tried to "shrink" the dvd rip we did (because it is still to big for a dvd5) with CLONEDVD (my first choice since it preserves menus) but i get errors with "memory loaction of the VOBs or VTS or something". Then i tried DVD SHRINK (my second choice) and i get errors "it cant find VOB's that don't exist". ... remember i am still a newbie .... so how do i compress the MOVIE file only!!! ???

3) slightly off topic but in another post i thanked you for the guide to rip stuart little 2, but only one concern... i "deleted play back" on the first three movie intros and have in essence SHORTENED the movie file by about 20-30 seconds. All works fine EXCEPT the chapters are obviously all off by about 20-30 seconds...how can i resycn the chapter selections so they start and the begining of the scene and not 20-30 seconds earlier?

thank you 2cool
19joey58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2004, 08:46   #4  |  Link
2COOL

Re: hi 2cool please help !!! ...again

Quote:
Originally posted by 19joey58
1) the chapter selections are not in sync. each chapter is off by a few minutes and by the time you go to chapter 20 (third last chapter) it links to the credits at the end of the movie. how can we fix this?
I have confirmed that we are working on the same regional DVD so the guide I wrote should apply to you since you are also doing NTSC. Anyways, I went and followed my guide to the letter and at the end, my total size for my files came down to 3.89 GB (4,183,195,648 bytes). I also burnt my DVD and I encountered no discrepancies in my chapter selection menu when played on my standalone. When I clicked on the last chapter, I got the movie credits to display as planned. Don't know what went wrong with your backup. Also, I had ripped all my files in File Mode using DVD Decrypter before the guide.

Your movie Titlesets (VTS_03 & VTS_06) were pretty much the same as for number of PGCs, chapters, cells, VOB IDs, Cell Ids, audios, etc. The only difference is the video attributes whereas VTS_03 was your fullscreen and VTS_06 was your widescreen. PGC_2, for both titlesets, didn't reallly matter as again, both titleset were mirroring each other.

Quote:
2) i tried to "shrink" the dvd rip we did (because it is still to big for a dvd5) with CLONEDVD (my first choice since it preserves menus) but i get errors with "memory loaction of the VOBs or VTS or something". Then i tried DVD SHRINK (my second choice) and i get errors "it cant find VOB's that don't exist". ... remember i am still a newbie .... so how do i compress the MOVIE file only!!! ???
Sorry, I didn't have to do these options because I was successful with the guide.

Quote:
3) slightly off topic but in another post i thanked you for the guide to rip stuart little 2, but only one concern... i "deleted play back" on the first three movie intros and have in essence SHORTENED the movie file by about 20-30 seconds. All works fine EXCEPT the chapters are obviously all off by about 20-30 seconds...how can i resycn the chapter selections so they start and the begining of the scene and not 20-30 seconds earlier?
I don't have my DVD at this moment so about your intros...are they Titles? If so, use this guide to bypass them instead of deleting playback.

Last edited by 2COOL; 15th March 2004 at 14:23.
Old 21st March 2004, 23:47   #5  |  Link
2COOL

@19joey58

Try doing this in bypassing the movie intros: copyright warning and "arista" entertainment. You are lucky that these intros are in their own cells. Cell_1 was your intros and Cell_2 was just a blank clip.

First backup your IFOs and BUPs.

After doing the guide, go to VTS_03_0.IFO / VTS_PGCITI / VTS_PGC_1 / PGC Program Map. Right click and delete programs 1 and 2. Save and test.

Last edited by 2COOL; 21st March 2004 at 23:49.
Old 22nd March 2004, 04:21   #6  |  Link
19joey58

IT WORKED !!!

finally i am done with this dvd rip. thank you 2cool. but in the future how can i recognize this?, how did you know about the cells and their location?, when i play DVD in IFOEDIT (even the original full dvd) ifoedit just closes so i could not find title# (other movies work fine).

when i burned with nero i got 2 errors 1) was looking for a VTS 4_02 VOB that didn't even exist in the original ??? 2)a file structure errror ???...are these because of our IFO edits? are they OK?...the DVD "seems" fine but i dont want ot find out later something is wrong

thanks again 2 cool

JOE
Old 22nd March 2004, 06:07   #7  |  Link
2COOL

@19joey58

I'm glad you finally got the backup you wanted.

Quote:
how did you know about the cells and their location?, when i play DVD in IFOEDIT (even the original full dvd) ifoedit just closes so i could not find title# (other movies work fine).
Well, I just do what I usually do first. In VTS Overview of IFO in question, I double click on the lines and hopefully, IfoEdit displays the video.

PGC_1 (program chain): [Title(TTN): 1] [01:24:13.21 / 30 fps] (Programs: 26) (Cells: 26) (uses VOB-IDs: 1)
[Ch 01] [Pg 01] [Cell 01] [V/C Id: 1/ 1] : time: 00:00:30.15 / 30 fps [Pos: 00:00:30.15] [Frames: 915]
[Ch 02] [Pg 02] [Cell 02] [V/C Id: 1/ 2] : time: 00:00:00.15 / 30 fps [Pos: 00:00:31.00] [Frames: 930]
Notice your programs, [Pg 01] and [Pg 02]? That's why I told you to do in my previous post. Not all DVDs are the same. Some are authored with non chaptered intros and then you would have to do another bypassing method.
Old 22nd March 2004, 16:47   #8  |  Link
19joey58

thanks 2cool

now can we solve the ICE AGE games not working ??? (i am preserving the widescreen and deleting the fullscreen)

please check that post for my latest post to you

thanks again

JOE
Old 23rd March 2004, 03:27   #9  |  Link
2COOL

Quote:
when i burned with nero i got 2 errors 1) was looking for a VTS 4_02 VOB that didn't even exist in the original ???
VTS_04 is your Barbie's Nutcracker trailer. No where in the guide did I touched this. Maybe a bad rip? Got no errors from Nero when I burnt mine.
Quote:
2)a file structure errror ???...are these because of our IFO edits?
Here's one way to find out if you have a problems in the IFO. Process files through DVD Shrink. If no errors then 99% it's should be fine. You can also use v3.0 beta 5 and process each IFO separately to hopefully find out which titleset is giving problems if there are any.

I find it baffling that we have the same DVD but I had no problems with backing this DVD with the guide. I've written it in real time while I was performing the actions.

Last edited by 2COOL; 23rd March 2004 at 04:47.
Old 28th March 2004, 22:46   #10  |  Link
19joey58

hi 2cool

i think it's time i give up !!!

I have done this guide, UNsuccessfuly, about 50 times. I am NOT a moron as it may appear, and have pactically memorized each step..the guide is actually VERY SIMPLE and easy to follow but i cannot get it to work and I cannot understand either how you get it to work on one attempt and i am having so many problems!!!

I almost had it working the last time I posted but I receive errors in NERO 6.1.1.3 that said "it could not find VTS 04_02 and "dvd video files reallocation failed". you told me the original DVD had VOB#4 and it was the nutcracker trailer...yes but this was VTS 04_0101...the VTS 04_02 never existed!!!. I ran it through DVD SHRINK as you suggested and it had an error of "cannot find VTS 03_04. in an attempt to correct this i copied the ORIGINAL VTS 03_04 and now DVD SHRINK cannot find VTS 03_05!!!. after I ruined my properly working (except for the errors) directory of BARBIE I decide to start all over again. I re-ripped using DVD DECRYPTER in file mode and started over...if I play the ORIGINAL rip on the hard drive with POWER DVD all the chapters are in sync and I run it through DVD shrink with NO errors. I have decided to check for errors after each and every step to see if i could locate the problem.

after I delected VTS 03_01 to VTS 03_04 I get errors in DVD SHRINK that it cannot open VTS 03_01 (that makes sense and would expected since I just delted them)

after I used title blanker (i was using 93 originally) I ugraded to 9.5 but still no better. when i open VTS 06 IFO I have everything UNchecked except for the vts 06 on each side, "backup" and "remove stops". after I blank and rename the vobs I run dvd shrink and the errors start.."cannot open VTS 03_04. also I play the DVD and my third last chapter plays the credits that are out of synce by about 10-15 minutes. I then open VTS 03 IFO and "vob extras" I have all UNchecked axcept "strip stream" and I HAVE "ADD MENUS TO DIRECTORY" CHECKED AT THE BOTTOM. after it is done i copy and replace to current directory and GET VTS SECTORS...still get errors and I still get the chaptetrs out of sync.

the only thing I noticed is the original DVD's VOB#3 has #1 to #4 the first 3 are 1 gig and the last is .22 gid. VOB#6 has only #1 to #3 the first two at 1 gig the last one at .75 gig (the widescreen is about 10% smaller and has one less vob..this might explain my chapters being off by 10 -15 min) when I rename 06_01.VOB~ to VTS 06_03.VOB~ how does the original VTS 03_04.VOB get replaced??...this is the errors I get.. VTS 03_04.VOB?

i cannot even get a working copy with the chapters in sync(but still with errors) like i did since the last post (i might have fluked it off with my "if then" ifo edits in an attempt to delte the FBI copyright warning and arista entertainment intros.. if you remember)

I need to get my CHPAPTER SELECTION in sync and I also need to correct the errors I am getting

PS my version is region 1 but i am from CANADA.. could this mean our versions are slightly different (i do not have french language, canadian DVD's usually do)

JOE
Old 29th August 2004, 21:01   #11  |  Link
2COOL

Barbie as Rapunzel (revisited)

Barbie as Rapunzel [Region 1] (Widescreen default) Cheat Sheet v2
Courtesy of
2CL

Tool I used:
PgcEdit v3.3.0

Titleset Info
VTS_03: Fullscreen
VTS_06: Widescreen

I just wanted to redo this DVD again using another method. This DVD has both widescreen and fullscreen versions available. Unfortunately, it doesn't have a normal Aspect Ratio Menu that pops up before the movie play. By default, the fullscreen version will display. In order to view the widescreen, it would have to be manually selected in “DVD setup” menu. In this guide, this is how I did this DVD to have widescreen display as default.
3. You’ll now have your PGC commands showing on your left. As mentioned, VTS_03 is your Fullscreen Titleset. It contains 3 Titles: Title 3, 4 , and 5. VTS_06 is your Widescreen so the it also contains 3 Titles: Title 8, 9, and 10. We need to do some edits here. To do that, let’s start with editing Pre command 14, which has Title 3 in it.

Code:
 [30 22 00 00 00 03 00 04]  14  if ( gprm(0) == gprm(4) ) then { (JumpTT) Jump to Title 3 }

Double click on this Pre Command line to access your command editor.

Code:
OLD >

[30 22 00 00 00 03 00 04]  14  if ( gprm(0) == gprm(4) ) then { (JumpTT) Jump to Title 3 } 
[30 22 00 00 00 04 00 04]  16  if ( gprm(0) == gprm(4) ) then { (JumpTT) Jump to Title 4 } 
[30 22 00 00 00 05 00 04]  18  if ( gprm(0) == gprm(4) ) then { (JumpTT) Jump to Title 5 }

NEW > 

[30 22 00 00 00 08 00 04]  14  if ( gprm(0) == gprm(4) ) then { (JumpTT) Jump to Title 8 } 
[30 22 00 00 00 09 00 04]  16  if ( gprm(0) == gprm(4) ) then { (JumpTT) Jump to Title 9 } 
[30 22 00 00 00 0A 00 04]  18  if ( gprm(0) == gprm(4) ) then { (JumpTT) Jump to Title 10 }

Now keep in mind, if you select Fullscreen in Set Up menu, your widescreen will play instead.

Last edited by 2COOL; 29th August 2004 at 21:11.