Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Closed Thread

Old 9th December 2009, 21:44   #10741  |  Link
hoborg

Quote:
Originally Posted by r4in View Post
Hello,

DXVA playback seems to be broken in Catalyst 9.11. Can anybody confirm that?
No problem on Win7x64, cat. 9.11 and ATI HD4770

How to start with Bitcoin
Old 9th December 2009, 21:49   #10742  |  Link
r4in

I use Win7 RC 32bit, Radeon HD3200. I also found this.
Old 9th December 2009, 22:00   #10743  |  Link
Gleb Egorych

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigenius View Post
Hi,
I've have also stuttering with beliyaals changes in 1312.
Vista 64 Bit SP2
ATI 4870 Catalyst 9.10
core ie 920
onboard sound
Gigabyte GA-EX58 UD5
12 GB Ram
Different users with different hardware (ati, nvidia, intel) reported stuttering with rev.1312.

Maybe revert?
Old 10th December 2009, 01:17   #10744  |  Link
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleb Egorych View Post
Different users with different hardware (ati, nvidia, intel) reported stuttering with rev.1312.

Maybe revert?
I would second this. Beliyaals changes from 1311 to 1312 seem to cause random stuttering. Maybe he can fix this (i think its caused by trylock and the "preventing" other processes from accessing directx) or revert. I do not really know if the changes fixed anything for anybody. If there is somebody for whom the 1311 to 1312 transition fixed something related to beliyaals code, please report!
Old 10th December 2009, 09:19   #10745  |  Link
Mercury_22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
I would second this. Beliyaals changes from 1311 to 1312 seem to cause random stuttering. Maybe he can fix this (i think its caused by trylock and the "preventing" other processes from accessing directx) or revert. I do not really know if the changes fixed anything for anybody. If there is somebody for whom the 1311 to 1312 transition fixed something related to beliyaals code, please report!
No problems here after 1312 and nothing fixed also but I'm using default settings for MPC ! AKA no external splitters (just Windows 7's decoders) and no "Enable Time Frame Correction" (except for when I'm using "WMVideo Decoder DMO" for VC-1 i ) or "Alternative VSync"

Do you have "random stuttering" using default MPC-HC settings ?
Old 10th December 2009, 10:08   #10746  |  Link
Gleb Egorych

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury_22 View Post
No problems here after 1312 and nothing fixed also but I'm using default settings for MPC ! AKA no external splitters (just Windows 7's decoders) and no "Enable Time Frame Correction" (except for when I'm using "WMVideo Decoder DMO" for VC-1 i ) or "Alternative VSync"

Do you have "random stuttering" using default MPC-HC settings ?
I use "Reset to default -> Reset to optimal" settings.
Old 10th December 2009, 10:11   #10747  |  Link
Mixer73

I too am using a post-1312 release (1337) and its by far the best for me so far, playback seems perfect.
Old 10th December 2009, 11:01   #10748  |  Link
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer73 View Post
I too am using a post-1312 release (1337) and its by far the best for me so far, playback seems perfect.
Yes, but did something change for the better compared to 1311 and the stuff beliyaal changed there? Do you actually use alternate vsync or vsync at all?

It's not that new versions aren't better most of the times, it's that beliyaals particular change in 1312 seems to be detrimental to a number of people with different configs while not having any benefits.
Old 10th December 2009, 11:09   #10749  |  Link
Mercury_22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleb Egorych View Post
I use "Reset to default -> Reset to optimal" settings.
Exactly as I thought please use DEFAULT not optimal ! or at least disable "Enable Time Frame Correction" and "Alternative VSync" (except for when using "WMVideo Decoder DMO" for VC-1 i )

Even better
Quote:
Reset MPC-HC settings to defaults:

For the settings stored in the registry you can manually delete "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Gabest" key or save the following code as "clean-registry.reg" and run it (with admin rights in vista / win7).

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Gabest]

For the settings stored in the mpc-hc.ini or mpc-hc64.ini (for the 64-bit edition) file created next to the mpc-hc.exe or mpc-hc64.exe (for the 64-bit edition) open the mpc-hc.ini or mpc-hc64.ini file and delete everything inside except

[Settings]

* In both cases MPC-HC will recreate the settings entries on the first run.
P.S. Too bad Tetsuo didn't manage to start a new thread for MPC-HC with Troubleshooting_guidelines on the first page or at least to put Troubleshooting_guidelines on the first post on this thread

Last edited by Mercury_22; 10th December 2009 at 11:14.
Old 10th December 2009, 13:51   #10750  |  Link
Mixer73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
Yes, but did something change for the better compared to 1311 and the stuff beliyaal changed there? Do you actually use alternate vsync or vsync at all?
I can't say for sure, but certainly any problems from 1312 are related to settings and or hardware configuration I suggest. Certainly for my config/settings I have no stuttering, but I am using a pretty simple system - normally 50hz content, 75hz screen.

Perhaps we need to look for the common elements between the reports of stuttering?
Old 10th December 2009, 20:08   #10751  |  Link
hdboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdboy View Post
Does anyone have a HDTV connected as a secondary monitor? I have a 7600GT, primary monitor is my PC monitor, secondary is my HDTV. I like this setup b/c it allows me to work normally while someone else watches a movie on the TV. However, I have issues with video stutters. I try all kinds of stuff, different renderers, codecs, reclock, other players...

Just as a test, I set the HDTV as the primary and only monitor, and lo and behold: flawless playback.

Is this a problem with windows (7)? is it my video card? I'd be willing to upgrade if it'd help.

Does anyone else connect to a HDTV (720p or 1080p) as a secondary monitor without issues? If so, what's your config? thanks.
follow up to my post above: since then, I have upgraded to a 9800GT. I have dxva working, so my cpu usage is way down. However, I still get stuttering when I use my TV as secondary monitor (set TV as full screen device on Output page). I've done a total reset by deleting the gabest key from the registry. The only workaround I've found is to use D3D mode, but that causes other usability issues.

so for those on win7 who uses TV as a secondary monitor and gets stutter free playback, what card do you have and what config do you use? (renderer, filter, etc.) thanks.
Old 10th December 2009, 20:47   #10752  |  Link
noee

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdboy
so for those on win7 who uses TV as a secondary monitor and gets stutter free playback, what card do you have and what config do you use? (renderer, filter, etc.) thanks.
I have an LG37 set up as my secondary for movie playback, DXVA works fine with the MPC and MS decoder using EVR and ReClock. I have D3D off and I have Aero turned off. ATI HD2600XT, CCC9.11. I use MPC-HC and jRiver Media Center 14 as players.
Old 10th December 2009, 22:45   #10753  |  Link
Gleb Egorych

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury_22 View Post
Exactly as I thought please use DEFAULT not optimal ! or at least disable "Enable Time Frame Correction" and "Alternative VSync" (except for when using "WMVideo Decoder DMO" for VC-1 i )
AFAIK alternative vsync is the main feature of beliyaal renderer and was implemented to avoid tearing.
Old 11th December 2009, 01:00   #10754  |  Link
ooferomen

mpeg2 decode support for broadcom added? will this get added for nvidia as well? be a nice feature for ION netbooks and nettops.
Old 11th December 2009, 12:51   #10755  |  Link
clsid

It simply uses an external decoder from Broadcom. If you want the same for NVIDIA, then install the Purevideo decoder (or any other DXVA MPEG-2 decoder, like the Cyberlink one). But be aware that DVD subtitles won't work properly when using DXVA on Vista/7.
Old 11th December 2009, 13:22   #10756  |  Link
Mercury_22

The PGS subtitles are NOT displayed in some files: sample (although I can see / select them in Filters-> File Path ->... or Navigate -> Subtitle Language ->...) but they are displayed in the same file using other players
Also, it takes 2-3 or more sec before PGS subtitles are displayed while the external subtitles (srt, sub ...) are displayed immediately
Old 11th December 2009, 21:21   #10757  |  Link
Kado
Otaku

MPC hangs under the following conditions:
Using two displays and Direct3d fullscreen if a video is already playing and you try to open another one (with double click) without closing the first one with ctrl+c the player leaves fullscreen and hangs leaving two copies of mpc running. if you terminate the first copy both terminate. further double clicks in videos just increase the number of mpc copies running in the background but if you open another one yourself then double click a video the copy you have opened opens that video.
Old 12th December 2009, 09:10   #10758  |  Link
T91User

Hello, people. I have been using MPCHC for quite a bit of time, it’s a wonderful piece of software – fast, small, powerful and universal. Thanks for your hard work, MPCHC staff!
However, lately I had encountered a very unpleasant problem with this player. You see, I had fallen a victim of this “netbook epidemia” and purchased asus t91. It’s a convertible netbook with a touchscreen, nice for a websurfing in tablet pc mode. Another reason why I bought it was it’s videochip – Intel GMA 500. Yes, it can do DXVA, so I won’t be hold back by an Atom CPU while watching HD video with MPCHC. Quite a combination of a PMP and a PC! Or so I thought.
Here comes the catch – I like watching movies in high quality with an original sound (I’m not a native English speaker, you see). That’s why I need both DXVA acceleration AND subtitles. And here we have a problem.
Every time I try to enable EVR CP (the only way to have DXVA and subs in Windows 7, right?), it crashes after restart (probably, because MPCHC applies renderer settings change only after restart). But when I use simple EVR net3 – it works perfectly – no lags, CPU load being low during playback, writing “DXVA mode: H264 bitstream decoder: no FGT” in filters>MPC Video Decoder properties. So, it is not impossible to enable DXVA on my netbook with it’s current OS and software. But I need subs also.
I tried everything from here http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/mpc...ing_guidelines (including installation of august09 DirectX and both Microsoft Visual C++ packs). I tried clean install. I tried latest SVN builds. I tried disabling Kaspersky Internet Security. I tried 3D fullscreen. I tried different resizers. I tried PowerDVD decoder as an external filter. I tried disabling Aero. I tried another (older) videochip driver. After all, I tried resetting everything to default via registry as described in troubleshooting guide.
It won’t work. EVR CP still crashes.
Here are my system specs. Everything is the same as on Asus website http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=qdwslBLhhfuw43HS
but I installed Win7 Pro on it instead of XP. Aero is on.
MPCHC versions I tried: 1.3.1333.0, 1.2.1008.0, SVN 1347
GMA 500 Drivers I tried: 5.0.0.2015 from Oct 14, 2009 (current), and 4.0.2 from
Certain oddities that might be helpful: VMR 9 renderless crashes also, but VMR7 and Overlay Mixer both works with Aero on. This is strange, because when I try using Overlay Mixer on my desktop (Win 7 also), it kills Aero immediately.
Widows problem tool says that the problem is with an "igdumd32.dll version 8.14.10.2015"

Here is my minidump http://sharebee.com/683340d4
Sorry for such a long post, and for my poor English everyone. But I am desperately looking for help.
Old 12th December 2009, 10:06   #10759  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

Hello T91User,

Please use this build for the time being: http://www.xvidvideo.ru/media-player...-svn-1311.html

Can you contact Beliyaal (send him a PM)
There is a bug in the intel driver for the GMA500 and its being triggered by the scanline changes introduced in 1312.

Beliyaal does not have this hardware so he needs someone to test some things for him.
Old 12th December 2009, 11:58   #10760  |  Link
T91User

Thanks a lot, tetsuo55! This words are too pale to express my feeling of gratitude, but i will repeat: thank you. With the version that you recomended, it all works - dxva, subs and evr cp. I'm happy I can continue to use my favorite player. Already wrote a PM to Beliyaal. If i could be of any help for testing, I'll do it.
Closed Thread

Tags
dxva, h264, home cinema, media player classic, mpc-hc