Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 16th May 2012, 17:37   #7461  |  Link
rapscallion
NY Frame of Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreemv View Post
Hmmm.....so you pre-process the .dtshd file created by the DTS MAS software via tsmuxer and load it in multiavchd?
You got it.

Btw, I just drag and drop files into the "input" box of tsmuxer. If you use the "add" button, be sure
change the "Files of type" to "all files (*.*)" in the "Add Media Files" dialog box.

Last edited by rapscallion; 16th May 2012 at 18:15.
rapscallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2012, 04:32   #7462  |  Link
sreemv

Thanks! That worked like a charm!

Last edited by sreemv; 17th May 2012 at 04:37.
sreemv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2012, 16:08   #7463  |  Link
superflysocal

Great program! I need some help, PLEASE!

I am trying to burn home movies from AVCHD camcorder to AVCHD disc to play on blu ray player with dvd-r (or dvd+r). The movies play fine but I am trying to get sliding static menus to work. When the menu is on the first item of the sliding menu it looks great, you can see the poster which I hand selected from the video and used the "poster" button to select. You can also see the next few posters after as you should with a sliding menu. When I press the right arrow to go to the next movie on the menu (total of 19 short 3-5 minute movies), all I get is a black screen with only the blue selector arrow (presumably at the "play" button) shown. The "play", "chapters" buttons are not seen. Same if I go on to the next movie to the right. If I go back to the first movie, i see everything again.

A little history. I have done this before about 2 years ago. i remember having similar issue but eventually i resolved it somehow. i still have a disc from back then to prove it, and works perfectly on this blu ray player. Since that time, i am sure I have messed with ffdshow settings for other things. I think that is what the problem is. here is what i have tried:
In FFDSHOW, i have set h.264/avc to libavcodec and MPEG2 to libmpeg2...still happens. I have changed h.264/avc to ffmpeg-mt, leaving mpeg2 alone, still same problem. i am burning with AVCHD strict by the way.

Also, is there a way to test the results on the PC without burning it to disc? What software can play the AVCHD folder structure with menus? i tried POWERDVD Ultra that can play HD DVD and no success.

Lastly, when previewing menus, i don't see any of the pictuyres, just a blue poster with the word multiAVCHD on it. Can i use this as an indicator as to whether it will work or not, or is it the way it is suppose to be?
superflysocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2012, 10:58   #7464  |  Link
fma

after ive inserting succesfuly subtitle in 15-20 blu-rays using multiAVCHD, im experiencing this issue , "some" is "contracting" the length of the movie, with aproximatly 4%, everythings still syncronised (subs, audio) just the chapters are messed-up, and also the size of the output file is with the same aprox 4% smaller!!!
so, the movie still complet, but the duration and the size are shorter/smaller.

some ideas pls?

thx
fma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2012, 02:03   #7465  |  Link
setarip_old

@fma

Hi!

1) What software and procedures did you use to create the problematic subtitles?

2) When you created the problematic subtitles, on what did you base the timing?
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2012, 08:20   #7466  |  Link
Ghitulescu

Why multiAVCHD creates exactly 55 entries in a playlist for a menu?

It struck me this when I was trying to "shorten" the duration of the menu, before it looped. Actually I put a 6-7 seconds long song as the background sound, yet the produced menu was 33 seconds long.
Old 2nd June 2012, 22:49   #7467  |  Link
rapscallion
NY Frame of Mind

I reauthored a retail BD of Rambo First Blood, and the resulting movie stutters. Did it twicw to confirm.

This is what I did, and have done for many others without a problem:
1. Blanked the previews
2. Blanked the FBI warnings
3. Blanked the commentary disclaimer
4. Made the DTS-HRA the default audio track ( Dolby is in the original) by moving it "up' one position in the properties dialog.

Any thoughts why the reauthor is screwing up playback (both in TMT and Power DVD)

Edit: Tried it with Clown BD copier with the same result, so there's something in this disc that doesn't like reauthoring. Oh well.

Last edited by rapscallion; 2nd June 2012 at 23:14.
rapscallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2012, 03:49   #7468  |  Link
Capsbackup

Have you tried BD-RB?
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2012, 09:23   #7469  |  Link
Music Fan

Or maybe BDedit.
Music Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2012, 15:51   #7470  |  Link
rapscallion
NY Frame of Mind

Thanks for the suggestions guys. No, I haven't tried either of those.

I believe neither program can change the default audio, but I'm not sure. Will take a look at them again.
Old 4th June 2012, 16:20   #7471  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapscallion View Post
Any thoughts why the reauthor is screwing up playback (both in TMT and Power DVD)
I believe the mpls and clpi need to have their associations changed to the type of audio for that track. Just moving "up" the audio without correcting it in the mpls/clpi might cause this.
BD-RB will let you blank audio but not change it's order. However, if you were to only keep the HD audio, instead of the DD 2.0 or DD 5.1 if the main title has one of those as the first audio, and perhaps keep other directors commentary tracks, it will change the order then.
Another option that might work is to use multiAVCHD in "Re-author" mode, go to the main title's available audio, delete them and then add back external audio in the order you wish. The movies audio menu page may not be accurate though!
Old 4th June 2012, 16:34   #7472  |  Link
rapscallion
NY Frame of Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
I believe the mpls and clpi need to have their associations changed to the type of audio for that track. Just moving "up" the audio without correcting it in the mpls/clpi might cause this.
BD-RB will let you blank audio but not change it's order. However, if you were to only keep the HD audio, instead of the DD 2.0 or DD 5.1 if the main title has one of those as the first audio, and perhaps keep other directors commentary tracks, it will change the order then.
Another option that might work is to use multiAVCHD in "Re-author" mode, go to the main title's available audio, delete them and then add back external audio in the order you wish. The movies audio menu page may not be accurate though!
Yes, I always to it in reauthor mode. I've done this for many movies, both adding an external track and changing the default order and it's always worked perfectly (the menu order not a problem for me).

Same with blanking previews, warnings, etc. Multiavchd has always processed the mpls and clpi correctly.

In the properties dialopg box is where, in the audio tab, the audio tracks are displayed. There're "up" and "down" buttons to the right. Multiavchd uses that to process the mpls and clpi accordingly.
Old 4th June 2012, 16:48   #7473  |  Link
Music Fan

Can Multiavchd re-author blu-ray with Java menus and keep these menus ?
Old 4th June 2012, 16:53   #7474  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Fan View Post
Can Multiavchd re-author blu-ray with Java menus and keep these menus ?
I have re-authored quite a few Blu-rays, and never had a problem with them on playback with my Sony S360 standalone. I'm sure many have had Java menus too.
I usually use BD-RB first, then multiAVCHD to blank warnings since I am unable to "see" the warnings with BD-RB to blank them.
Old 7th June 2012, 23:46   #7475  |  Link
bodhi78

Subtile SRT problem

Guys,

I'm having a subtitle problem, hope you guys can give some insight.

I'm using MultiAVCHD 4.1, on Win 7. I have a French substitle srt file that I can view correctly on Notepad, with all the accents displayed correctly in Arial font. In fact, I can see SRT text in any language with no problem using Arial font, using Notepad.

When I authored DVD or Blu-ray disk, this subtile file was not converted correctly, all text were displayed in weird graphics. I know it's an indicator of a Unicode display problem.

Questions: does MultiAVCHD use the default Windows Arial font, or does it have its own font emmbeded? could that be the problem?

I used GoSub and EasySub (from the MultiAVCHD directory) to convert it separately, but the output showed the same problem.

BTW, GoSub and EasySub don't have preview window any more, so I can't test the conversion in advance. Is there a version for either GoSub or EasySub out there that shows preview?

TIA

Last edited by bodhi78; 7th June 2012 at 23:53.
bodhi78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2012, 02:40   #7476  |  Link
Nightshiver
Quality Freak

Multiavchd is giving me the error "Avsrecursion is missing from your system".

Problem is, I already have Avsrecursion in my System folder. Any thoughts? It also won't give me any video preview at all:

http://i45.tinypic.com/zt9k0n.jpg
Nightshiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2012, 23:18   #7477  |  Link
mlemaire

Hey guys, I've got a question about creating menus. So for example, I've got a TV show that I'm making a BD of, that has anywhere from 13 to 24 or so episodes in total.

SO what my issue is, is that when I make a menu, usually set on static, flipping through the episode is a huge pain in the ass. I basically have to wait each time for it to flash/load a new screen that has the next episode in the list. Can anyone tell me how I'd go about setting it up so that the scrolling is animated, so that it's not loading screen after screen just to sort through the episode lists?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
mlemaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2012, 00:01   #7478  |  Link
nikknightt

Quote:
Originally Posted by laz305 View Post
so how do I find out why tsmuxer keeps failing and won't convert any .mkv files?
I'm able to fix this issue by re-muxing the mkv with an older version of mkvmerge 3.0
Works every time.
nikknightt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2012, 08:22   #7479  |  Link
Ghitulescu

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlemaire View Post
SO what my issue is, is that when I make a menu, usually set on static, flipping through the episode is a huge pain in the ass. I basically have to wait each time for it to flash/load a new screen that has the next episode in the list. Can anyone tell me how I'd go about setting it up so that the scrolling is animated, so that it's not loading screen after screen just to sort through the episode lists?
I had this problem too, but it disappeared when I changed the BD-player. Newer generations are extremely fast compared to the older ones.

Yes, it doesn't solve the problem, the only solution is to add manually videos that fade from one page to another, and change the navigation by hand. That means you'll get used to the flip/flop pages , at least until you change the player .
Old 15th June 2012, 09:50   #7480  |  Link
Music Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikknightt View Post
I'm able to fix this issue by re-muxing the mkv with an older version of mkvmerge 3.0
Works every time.
It's probably a header compression problem. You can remove it with recent MKVMerge versions too (file, options, mmg, disable header ...).
You can see if MKV's header is compressed or not with MediaInfo : if you see "header stripping" in the video characteristics, it means that header is compressed.

Last edited by Music Fan; 15th June 2012 at 09:59.

Tags
avchd, blu-ray hd-dvd, mkv, multiavchd, re-author