Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 16th September 2011, 11:15   #7281  |  Link
hello_hello

When you play the original DVD in the same player, does it display with the correct (4:3) aspect ratio?
I can't speak for AVCHD discs, as I've never tried to create/play one, but by default my Bluray player outputs even 4:3 DVDs as 16:9. The menu item to change that (Setup-Screen Format) doesn't indicate it applies only to DVDs. It's kind of counter intuitive as the two options refer to the aspect ratio of the screen, not the disc, so the default setting of "original" has the player outputting 4:3 DVDs as 16:9. Using the default setting I physically have to change the TV's screen format to 4:3 to have 4:3 DVDs display correctly.
The other Bluray player in the house displays 4:3 DVDs correctly by default, adding grey borders to the sides etc.

So I'm just wondering whether the aspect ratio is correct when you create a disc using multiAVCHD, but if the player could be doing it's own thing on playback.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2011, 14:01   #7282  |  Link
Ghitulescu

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
When you play the original DVD in the same player, does it display with the correct (4:3) aspect ratio?
I can't speak for AVCHD discs, as I've never tried to create/play one, but by default my Bluray player outputs even 4:3 DVDs as 16:9. The menu item to change that (Setup-Screen Format) doesn't indicate it applies only to DVDs. It's kind of counter intuitive as the two options refer to the aspect ratio of the screen, not the disc, so the default setting of "original" has the player outputting 4:3 DVDs as 16:9. Using the default setting I physically have to change the TV's screen format to 4:3 to have 4:3 DVDs display correctly.
The other Bluray player in the house displays 4:3 DVDs correctly by default, adding grey borders to the sides etc.

So I'm just wondering whether the aspect ratio is correct when you create a disc using multiAVCHD, but if the player could be doing it's own thing on playback.
This is irrelevant, the tsmuxer log indicates that the DAR is patched to 16:9. I wonder why...
Old 16th September 2011, 15:05   #7283  |  Link
Music Fan

Did you try what I suggested later ? Try to replace the m2ts created by MultiAVCHD after changing its DAR to 4/3 with TSMuxer.
As TSMuxer can create 4/3 videos when used alone, I guess this bug comes from MultiAVCHD which gives a bad order to TSMuxer.
Music Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2011, 15:44   #7284  |  Link
Ghitulescu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Fan View Post
Did you try what I suggested later ? Try to replace the m2ts created by MultiAVCHD after changing its DAR to 4/3 with TSMuxer.
As TSMuxer can create 4/3 videos when used alone, I guess this bug comes from MultiAVCHD which gives a bad order to TSMuxer.
No, I haven't tried, because my video PC is now in a different country

Can tsMuxer keep the subtitles during remuxing? AFAIK, these are discarded .... but maybe I'm wrong.
Old 16th September 2011, 19:25   #7285  |  Link
Music Fan

I don't know, but as MultiAVCHD can put subtitles in m2ts (with TSMuxer), I guess TSMuxer can also do it alone.
Old 17th September 2011, 08:48   #7286  |  Link
ripburnlearn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripburnlearn View Post
I've spent hours trying to figure out some problems I'm having. Instead of explaining in text, I figured a video would be much more helpful in explaining (plus it's much more fun! ). PLEASE watch the video and let me know if you know how to fix my issues. I just want to finish this project and have a enjoy this September watching my videos.

Here's the video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdbIcsmzjVs

Your help is greatly appreciated! Its almost 5am, I need some sleep... Zzzzzzz
I still need some help with this. Any users of this program here?
ripburnlearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2011, 12:51   #7287  |  Link
pistachio

Possible to avoid transcoding?

I bought a panasonic viera lcd tv and downloaded 2 trailers (m2ts files) from http://www.demo-world.eu/trailers/hi...n-trailers.php. multiAVCHD successfully generated the AVCHD folder. But only one video can be played on the tv. The other one cannot be recognized by the tv. Inside /AVCHD/BDMV/STREAM/ folder, one of the two files is identical to the original m2ts file (working one) while the unrecognized one is different (transcoded?). Could anyone please help.

P.S. under "Settings" there is no check mark for "auto set transcode for non-compliant titles".

Edit: just found in multiAVCHD log that both streams are similar: 1920x1080 hd h264, ac3 video except the profile, the tv playable is using High@4.0 while the unrecognized one is High@4.1

Edit2: tried another 4 m2ts files from the same site, i.e. 6 in total, only 2 work and both are High@4.0. All unrecognized are 4.1. Does it mean my viera tv rejects High@4.1 profile?

Last edited by pistachio; 19th September 2011 at 11:08.
pistachio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2011, 02:28   #7288  |  Link
vamsiklak

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsiklak View Post
Hi
does anyone the version (multiavchd 3d) does work on 3DBD ISO50GB to 25GN 3DBD with bluray structure intact
guys anyone
vamsiklak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2011, 02:53   #7289  |  Link
setarip_old

@vamsiklak

Hi!

Are you sure you're not thinking of DVDFab?
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2011, 16:11   #7290  |  Link
vanden

Quote:
Originally Posted by claymic View Post
Hi
Please help me with this.
I want to insert a new audio in my Blu-Ray 3D without have to change or transconde 3D, i only want insert a new audio. How i can do that ?
Thanks and i am sorry for my bad english.
Clayton
p.s the blu-ray discs are all Full (bdmv folder).
I have the same problem !
vanden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2011, 15:21   #7291  |  Link
vamsiklak

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@vamsiklak

Hi!

Are you sure you're not thinking of DVDFab?
No dvdfab does sbs
iam looking for frame sequential
just like bdrebiulder for 3d or tsmuxer for 3d
vamsiklak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2011, 23:28   #7292  |  Link
jwmghf

Problem trying to fix an mkv file using txMuxer Gui???

Hey guys:

The process below is so I can get a re-muxed mkv file to work in multiAVCHD:

I have done this in the past and it usually works. I run mkvExtractGui-2 ver (2.2.2.5).

I load the mkv file. Check the Use Source dir for Output box. Check the Track 1 and Track 2 boxes and Extract.

That works fine.

Then I open tsMuxerGui 1.10.6 and load the newly created .h264 and .ac3files(or .dts file). The output default is TS muxing. I don't change that. And then I click Start muxing.

Here's the issue:

This program creates one .ts file which mkvmerge GUI v4.9.1 doesn't support. I don't know what the proper file format I should be getting here to use in MKVmerge???

I assume I'm doing something wrong but I have no idea what. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!
jwmghf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2011, 01:13   #7293  |  Link
setarip_old

@jwmghf

Hi!

I, for one, am having a hard time understanding what you have and what you're trying to accomplish.

For starters, what is your source material for creating the INITIAL .MKV file?

What software and procedures did you use to create it?

What's wrong with this INITIAL .MKV file that requires you to fix it?
Old 30th September 2011, 18:16   #7294  |  Link
jwmghf

Hey setarip_old:

I have errored about tsMuxer. That program should not be in play. Dean said that some of the newer mkv files may fail when using multiAVCHD. So if you run into a problem mkv then load the mkv in an older version of mkvExtract(somewhere btwn v2-v3). Then load the .h264 and .ac3files(or .dts file) into a new version of mkvMerge. He says that should fix the problem and it has in the past, but, lately it too has been failing. Does any of this sound familiar?? I hope so. Also, I am not creating the mkv. The source already exists.

Thanks

Last edited by jwmghf; 30th September 2011 at 18:27.
jwmghf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2011, 10:27   #7295  |  Link
Music Fan

After the extraction by MKVExtract, you can also put your video in a TS container with TSMuxer, before opening it in multiAVCHD.
Old 4th October 2011, 16:48   #7296  |  Link
jongen

HELP!
I use the multiavchd4.1 to make HD movie menu in order to playback them on my PS3 slim, it always works fine, but something goes wrong these days, I found that the TRUE HD sound track of my HD movies can no longer be bitstream nomally to my av receiver (other tracks works no problem, including the DTS, DD, DTS HD, DTS HD MASTER) . I firstly guess it is the problem of the PS3, but when I put a BD in the ps3, it works fine, the TURE HD track in the BD can be bitstream to AV receiver very well. It seems that only the TRUE HD sound tracks in the AVCHD fold can not be bitstream nomally! does anybody find the same problem? Is there any parameter setting error in my MULTIAVCHD operations? Or just a new bug of PS3 firmware?
jongen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2011, 15:32   #7297  |  Link
VideoFanatic

I can't make DVDs, only BluRays. Please help

I have NTSC MPEG 2 files which are 720 x 480. They have AC3 2 channel audio. I can easily create a BluRay without re-encoding. However I cannot make a DVD. I'm using MultiAVCHD Version 4.1. I notice in the log window when it's muxing the DVD that it says "SD-DVD muxing failed!".

In the "Alter detected properties" box I marked the file as being DVD compliant. In the "Transode" settings I marked the file as "Create SD-DVD" title. If I instead select "Do not transcode" and click OK, if I then open the transcode box again it has changed back to "BluRay/AVCHD compliant".

Could somebody please give tell me which options I should select to get it to make a DVD. Do I need to download additional codecs to get the DVD muxing to work?

They are already DVD compliant as I made the MPEG 2 files with VideoRedo.

I also tried to import an already made DVD but that wouldn't work either.

Has anybody successfully made DVDs with this program without re-encoding? Is so, can you please tell me what settings I should use to make it work.
VideoFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2011, 20:25   #7298  |  Link
setarip_old

Quote:
In the "Alter detected properties" box I marked the file as being DVD compliant.
1) Do NOT select anything in "Alter detected Properties". The fact that it fails when you select this indicates that your file is NOT totally DVD-compliant.

2) Since it's not DVD-compliant, your file will have to be re-encoded.
Old 6th October 2011, 00:17   #7299  |  Link
VideoFanatic

I tried that then it obviously attemps to re-encode the video. The file is already DVD compliant so I don't want to re-encode. I know it's DVD compliant because I could make a DVD without re-encoding in VideoRedo.

I then tried repeating what I did originally by setting the "Alter Detected properties" to DVD compliant and I set the Transcode to SD Title but this time I chose to have no menu. I got the same error message as before.

I then ticked this in the settings "use FFms2 instead of DirectShow."
It still doesn't work.

Has anbody made a DVD in multiAVCHD without re-encoding?
VideoFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2011, 01:35   #7300  |  Link
setarip_old

@holygamer

I'd suggest you perform the following experiment:

1) Demux a PROVEN DVD

2) Load the video and audiostreams into multiAVCHD and process as "SD" (Load audiostream as "External audio")

As a second experiment, remux the video and audio streams before loading into multiAVCXHD

Last edited by setarip_old; 9th October 2011 at 02:37. Reason: Address specific poster by name

Tags
avchd, blu-ray hd-dvd, mkv, multiavchd, re-author