Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

 

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 21st November 2009, 13:56   #10581  |  Link
Steveo08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew_eli View Post
I'm using Intel g45 (X4500MHD) graphic card


thank, are any other graphiccards with film grain on dxva?
Steveo08 is offline  
Old 21st November 2009, 16:48   #10582  |  Link
matthew_eli
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo08 View Post
thank, are any other graphiccards with film grain on dxva?
Mmmmhh maybe ATI, but I'm not sure...

this is the video that generates the problem on g45, sec 16 (about):

http://uploading.com/files/a3a56d3d/test1_a.mkv/
matthew_eli is offline  
Old 21st November 2009, 21:00   #10583  |  Link
Snowknight26
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,381
I haven't looked at the sample you provided, but if its a video encoded with x264 and weightp was used, then that's why DXVA is broken on your GPU.
Snowknight26 is offline  
Old 22nd November 2009, 02:38   #10584  |  Link
snyders6dogrecipe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 25
I have a bug to report. This doesn't occur with all my files, though: When I have an mkv file with a dts track on, every now and then the video will freeze for a split second. If the alternate ac3 track is selected, it won't freeze. I've dealt with this problem by converting the problematic dts tracks to FLAC. But I'd still like it if this were fixed, since FLAC takes up twice the space.
snyders6dogrecipe is offline  
Old 22nd November 2009, 08:43   #10585  |  Link
avivahl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 215
Guys, I compiled a small (~4MB) chm file of the current/latest DirectShow documentation from MSDN. Might be useful/helpful for quickly looking up stuff. (I used "Package This!" together w/ HTML Help Workshop)

Here you go: http://rapidshare.com/files/310473891/DirectShow.rar
avivahl is offline  
Old 22nd November 2009, 14:58   #10586  |  Link
Mercury_22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,123
@ Casimir
You have broken PGS Subtitles detection in rev 1338 (or 1339 ?) cause after 1337 I can't find all PGS Subtitles in m2ts files e.g with 1337 I have 19 subtitles and the same file with 1339 has only 2 PGS Subtitles
Can you please fix it ?
__________________
Windows 10 x64 CU, HD7790 Crimson 17.6.2, HDMI Full RGB 4:4:4

Last edited by Mercury_22; 22nd November 2009 at 15:10.
Mercury_22 is offline  
Old 22nd November 2009, 17:08   #10587  |  Link
xtdsm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
Has there been any progress with regard to solving the slow loading bug that people are experiencing on Windows 7 when using EVR CP? Some people are getting delays up to 30 seconds.
I am having the exact same problem, any solutions yet?

thanks
xtdsm is offline  
Old 22nd November 2009, 19:33   #10588  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew_eli View Post
Mmmmhh maybe ATI, but I'm not sure...

this is the video that generates the problem on g45, sec 16 (about):

http://uploading.com/files/a3a56d3d/test1_a.mkv/
works fine on my X4500HD with latest driver, mpc-hc and windows 7 x64
__________________
MPC-HC, an open source project everyone can improve. Want to help? Test Nightly Builds, submit patches or bugs and chat on IRC
tetsuo55 is offline  
Old 22nd November 2009, 22:17   #10589  |  Link
anybody
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo55 View Post
works fine on my X4500HD with latest driver, mpc-hc and windows 7 x64
I did some digging on this, because i've always suffered from corruptions when using DXVA on the GMA 4500MHD contained in the Intel GS45 Chipset my Laptop is based on.

I'm also using Win7 x64 and the drivers are dated October 30th and version 8.15.10.1986, which according to the Intel Download Site for the 4 Series Graphics Driver is currently the latest version.

As it turns out, this sample produces the usual decoding artifacts on my GMA4500 around second 16-17, but only until build 1326. Starting with build 1327, the problem is gone.

The changelog says:

Quote:
Revision 1327 - Directory Listing
Modified Wed Nov 4 10:29:29 2009 UTC (2 weeks, 4 days ago) by Aleksoid

fix : ref_num check for non Nvidia card;

Last edited by anybody; 22nd November 2009 at 22:25.
anybody is offline  
Old 22nd November 2009, 22:20   #10590  |  Link
Abradoks
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtdsm View Post
I am having the exact same problem, any solutions yet?
Do you have any antivirus installed?
Abradoks is offline  
Old 22nd November 2009, 22:45   #10591  |  Link
Polcius
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 102
What does "Alternative Vsync" do? Why is it recommended to use it?
Polcius is offline  
Old 22nd November 2009, 22:53   #10592  |  Link
alexins
MPC-BE DEV
 
alexins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Slovenija
Posts: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
Has there been any progress with regard to solving the slow loading bug that people are experiencing on Windows 7 when using EVR CP? Some people are getting delays up to 30 seconds.
Very often, this problem occurs when using Kaspersky Anti-virus. The problem is precisely Kaspersky Anti-virus, rather than mpc-HC. If you add mpc-hc exception list, it does not help. Only helps you to reinstall your antivirus.
__________________
Win10 x64, i7 7700K 5.2Ghz, ASUS MAXIMUS VIII HERO, HyperX Fury 16GB (2x8GB) 3000MHz, ASUS GTX1060-6G,TV Philips 40PFS6909/12, MED1000X3D
Media Player Classic - BE x86/x64. Team of developers.

Last edited by alexins; 22nd November 2009 at 22:57.
alexins is offline  
Old 22nd November 2009, 23:58   #10593  |  Link
XhmikosR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hellas (Greece)
Posts: 543
Kaspersky has released a new version that's supposed to fix that problem. But there is another problem that has nothing to do with KAV.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...84#post1345984
__________________
My Specs
XhmikosR is offline  
Old 23rd November 2009, 04:30   #10594  |  Link
Xorp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury_22 View Post
@ Casimir
You have broken PGS Subtitles detection in rev 1338 (or 1339 ?) cause after 1337 I can't find all PGS Subtitles in m2ts files e.g with 1337 I have 19 subtitles and the same file with 1339 has only 2 PGS Subtitles
Can you please fix it ?
Ya sub language detection is completely broken after 1.3.1337
Xorp is offline  
Old 23rd November 2009, 07:06   #10595  |  Link
Lincoln Burrows
Registered User
 
Lincoln Burrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 280
Somehow I messed with M2TS subtitles that now I can't get them to work even after reinstalling/uninstalling MPC. I think that happened after I added this filter: "DirectVobSub (auto-loading)" and then removed from the external filters list.

They were working before, and being recognized, along with VMR9-renderless. What should I do?
__________________
"Whoever has not known himself has known nothing. But whoever has known himself has simultaneously achieved knowledge about the depth of all things."

Last edited by Lincoln Burrows; 23rd November 2009 at 07:50.
Lincoln Burrows is offline  
Old 23rd November 2009, 12:51   #10596  |  Link
xtdsm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by XhmikosR View Post
Kaspersky has released a new version that's supposed to fix that problem. But there is another problem that has nothing to do with KAV.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...84#post1345984
Kaspersky causing the player itself to load slow, so I uninstalled that and tried MPC-HC and the player loads fast that the actual movie will play in 3-4 seconds. this only happens with EVR-cp. this issue is not present with player 1.2.902 andthing newer than that and the problem occurs.

thanks
xtdsm is offline  
Old 23rd November 2009, 12:56   #10597  |  Link
XhmikosR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hellas (Greece)
Posts: 543
There are two loading problems.
The first one is that the actual MPC-HC window takes a few seconds to open. That's caused by Kaspersky.
The second one is that the actual MPC-HC window opens instantly but the video takes a few seconds to actually play. This only happens with EVR Custom on Win7 and it's not caused by Kaspersky. The solution is to either use only the internal filters and splitters or if you want to use external ones, set them as preferred in the external filters window. Alternatively, you can always use another renderer like Haali, and the problem will not appear.

BTW, Kaspersky has released a patch2 of version 9.0.0.736. http://www.kaspersky.com/kav_latest_versions
Quote:
Please Note! Only versions 9.0.0.736 (Critical Fix 2) and higher are compatible with Windows 7.
__________________
My Specs

Last edited by XhmikosR; 23rd November 2009 at 13:42.
XhmikosR is offline  
Old 23rd November 2009, 12:59   #10598  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtdsm View Post
Kaspersky causing the player itself to load slow, so I uninstalled that and tried MPC-HC and the player loads fast that the actual movie will play in 3-4 seconds. this only happens with EVR-cp. this issue is not present with player 1.2.902 andthing newer than that and the problem occurs.

thanks
Can you pinpoint the exact breaking revision more exactly? a lot of commits after 902 are not related to graph building at all.
__________________
MPC-HC, an open source project everyone can improve. Want to help? Test Nightly Builds, submit patches or bugs and chat on IRC
tetsuo55 is offline  
Old 23rd November 2009, 13:56   #10599  |  Link
MatMaul
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 402
I already bisect the problem, it appears with belyaal code merge (and doesn't appear with ar-jar branch but I already said that ^^)
MatMaul is offline  
Old 23rd November 2009, 13:59   #10600  |  Link
Mercury_22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by XhmikosR View Post
There are two loading problems.
The first one is that the actual MPC-HC window takes a few seconds to open. That's caused by Kaspersky.
The second one is that the actual MPC-HC window opens instantly but the video takes a few seconds to actually play. This only happens with EVR Custom on Win7 and it's not caused by Kaspersky. The solution is to either use only the internal filters and splitters or if you want to use external ones, set them as preferred in the external filters window. Alternatively, you can always use another renderer like Haali, and the problem will not appear.

BTW, Kaspersky has released a patch2 of version 9.0.0.736. http://www.kaspersky.com/kav_latest_versions
Strange I don't have this problem (second one) and I'm using Windows 7's + Nero's VC-1 & DTS-HD decoders !
But I don't have Haali (or had ) installed nor any other "codecs" or splitters on my system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorp View Post
Ya sub language detection is completely broken after 1.3.1337
So i'm not the only one with PGS subtitle detection problems after svn 1337
__________________
Windows 10 x64 CU, HD7790 Crimson 17.6.2, HDMI Full RGB 4:4:4

Last edited by Mercury_22; 23rd November 2009 at 14:05.
Mercury_22 is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
dxva, h264, home cinema, media player classic, mpc-hc

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 18:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.