Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 18th June 2012, 21:03   #7481  |  Link
buffalofloyd

I haven't paid much attention lately but this program is still great for what it can do. Because it's no longer maintained has anyone come across a similar program that serves the same purpose but better perhaps?
buffalofloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2012, 00:59   #7482  |  Link
Nightshiver
Quality Freak

There is no other program like this, and certainly not better. About the only alt is AVCHDCoder, but it's not the same. The only other option is to buy the commercial software (at least in my case) capable of outputting DTS-HD MA and Dolby TrueHD, the cheapest of which is $3000. Along with a much better and more streamlined way of making menu's.
Nightshiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2012, 03:35   #7483  |  Link
buffalofloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightshiver View Post
There is no other program like this, and certainly not better. About the only alt is AVCHDCoder, but it's not the same. The only other option is to buy the commercial software (at least in my case) capable of outputting DTS-HD MA and Dolby TrueHD, the cheapest of which is $3000. Along with a much better and more streamlined way of making menu's.
Thanks for the reply. I'm a little surprised that nobody else has created software like this or improved upon this program itself. I like this program a lot and use it quite often but I feel it's not super user friendly. I can muddle my way through pretty decent to get the outcome I want but the menu system could be better and more streamlined as you say along with other features regarding encoding options and such. I know this program is free so I am not complaining but just curious if anyone found others that were free and if they like them. For free software with the capabilities it does have, if I was rating it I'd give it a solid 8.7-9
Old 20th June 2012, 08:01   #7484  |  Link
JoeH

There are many things that only MultiAVCHD can do, especially among free software. And there are other things that MultiAVCHD does much better than the free competition, even if they also offer similar options.

It is a shame that it is no longer actively developed.

I imagine that if deank were to open source it someone would be willing to pick up future developments - just think of MeGUI, for example, which has changed developer's hands multiple times when one developer no longer had time to continue working on it.
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2012, 07:22   #7485  |  Link
verabgd

How to use DVB subtiles?

I have lot of HD TS files, recorded from HD TV, which contain 1 video stream, 1 audio stream and 6 DVB subtitles streams. Video doesn't have embedded subtitles so I would like to author Blu-rays using these DVB subtitles streams.

When I play these TS files with DVB subtitles in VLC player or DVB Viewer I can choose/see subtitles.

When I import TS file multiAVCHD recognize DVB subtitles but there are no subtitles in compiled BD.

I also extracted these DVB subtitles to SUP files (using ProjectX ) and added English SUP file as external subtitle stream. multiAVCHD made SETUP Menu but when I play Blu-ray there are NO subtitles - player is set to Subtitles ->English but there are no subtitles during the playback.

What is wrong? Is it possible at all to author Blu-rays with subtitles using DVB subtitles streams? If it is, what should I do?

To mention that when I add SRT subtitle file (another projects) everything is OK.

About using DVB subtitles I only found this http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...es#post1288607 but this is from 2009; anyway I tried it and it didn't work.

Thank you very much in advance.

Last edited by verabgd; 3rd July 2012 at 07:25. Reason: to add importnat info
verabgd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2012, 16:35   #7486  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

I released a minor update today (build 771). It should fix some weird runtime errors (hopefully) and there are some small changes for MP4 files with wrong/improper fps info. The update is available online or from the link you see when you start multiAVCHD.

Dean
Old 4th July 2012, 16:38   #7487  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
Originally Posted by verabgd View Post
I ... extracted these DVB subtitles to SUP files (using ProjectX ) and added English SUP file as external subtitle stream. multiAVCHD made SETUP Menu but when I play Blu-ray there are NO subtitles - player is set to Subtitles ->English but there are no subtitles during the playback.
Try to load the subtitles (SUP) in bdsub2sup and check their Y offset. It is possible that the streams are there, but rendered off-screen, because of a bad vertical offset value.
Old 4th July 2012, 16:51   #7488  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghitulescu View Post
Why multiAVCHD creates exactly 55 entries in a playlist for a menu?

It struck me this when I was trying to "shorten" the duration of the menu, before it looped. Actually I put a 6-7 seconds long song as the background sound, yet the produced menu was 33 seconds long.
Well I decided that 55 times x 33 seconds makes about 27-28 minutes and is long enough for menu loop/playback. Hopefully in 30mins the user will select a title to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhi78 View Post
BTW, GoSub and EasySub don't have preview window any more, so I can't test the conversion in advance. Is there a version for either GoSub or EasySub out there that shows preview?

TIA
Both multiAVCHD and easySUP will show an exact preview of the rendered subtitles. If you can't see the preview - the result is not guaranteed and it means that you lack avisynth or some other component (or vobsub refuses to work with your win7 configuration).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightshiver View Post
Multiavchd is giving me the error "Avsrecursion is missing from your system".

Problem is, I already have Avsrecursion in my System folder. Any thoughts? It also won't give me any video preview at all:

http://i45.tinypic.com/zt9k0n.jpg
That's not related to multiAVCHD. Probably you have some other (paid) software installed, which either expired or got broken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlemaire View Post
Hey guys, I've got a question about creating menus. So for example, I've got a TV show that I'm making a BD of, that has anywhere from 13 to 24 or so episodes in total.

SO what my issue is, is that when I make a menu, usually set on static, flipping through the episode is a huge pain in the ass. I basically have to wait each time for it to flash/load a new screen that has the next episode in the list. Can anyone tell me how I'd go about setting it up so that the scrolling is animated, so that it's not loading screen after screen just to sort through the episode lists?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Your best choice is to use "TITLE LIST" menu. It will display 12 titles in one screen, making it easier to navigate + no lag.

Dean
Old 4th July 2012, 19:00   #7489  |  Link
buffalofloyd

Let me be the first to say thank you for any updates on this program that you've done!!!
Old 4th July 2012, 19:27   #7490  |  Link
LowDead
Elit Amans

...and WELCOME BACK!!!
LowDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2012, 00:03   #7491  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowDead View Post
...and WELCOME BACK!!!
I second this!! I hope you are back and all is well.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2012, 10:37   #7492  |  Link
varekai
Suspended for forum rule violations

@deank

Great news! I really hope you continue to work on your amazing software MultiAVCHD!
So much fun creating good looking DVD and Blu-ray menus!
When payday comes I promise to send you a donation!

Regards
varekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2012, 21:59   #7493  |  Link
apple2pomme

Glad to "see" Deank for the first time! Thanks for the great work.

I have a few questions (or issues):
(1) Some times it makes the image for the title, many times it has only a black box beside the title name (XML mode). How do I force it to add images into every title (in both menu and title list)?
(2) When I combine 2 folders into a larger one, it takes the old menu pages instead of making new one. So, the font and color could be different. How ca I force it to make new menu and title list page?
(3) When adding an multiAVCHD made AVCHD folder, it add a huge list of titles in the "Compilation" list window that containes many many titles. It has to close the program and re-start.
(4) I can never play any title with the slim PS3 (thick old PS3 is OK). The welcome page and title menu pages are OK, but the movie doesn't play.

Thanks again.

Last edited by apple2pomme; 5th July 2012 at 23:06.
apple2pomme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2012, 08:11   #7494  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

1) In the title [properties] you can set the thumbnails for all chapters. Most of the time the first chapter (at 00:00:00.000) is just a black screen -> black thumbnail Another option would be to use [x] Chapter icon between chapters in AUTHOR/Video&Chapters and then in [properties] use [auto] chapters. Also you can change "Thumbnail #00" in [menu thumbnails] in [properties]: click on it, select a chapter from the list in the top-right hand corner and press [link].
2) You can try to disable the option [Discard settings from project files] in "settings" tab.
3) I'm not sure about that - never happened to me and the imported titles are the correct number
4) I have a slim and fat and everything is fine on both (but I'm still on firmware 3.55). I remember reading that sony changed something, but not really sure. What firmware version do you have on your PS3s?

Last edited by deank; 6th July 2012 at 08:26.
deank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2012, 08:21   #7495  |  Link
kenguru2005
FinalCut´ter

Hey Dean ... welcome back ... it is a pleasure to see you back here, really a pleasure for me. Perhaps you remember me as those medical mac guy using multiAVCHD with crossover (now wine).
kenguru2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2012, 08:49   #7496  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I'm glad to see familiar faces around
Old 7th July 2012, 00:26   #7497  |  Link
Nightshiver
Quality Freak

I'm confused. You said its not related to multiAVCHD, but some other software that may have expired or broken? The only thing I've got that's paid is PowerDVD 12. Well, hopefully if I uninstall that, it should work again. What this stemmed from was I want to make motion menu previews (PS3 style menu) but it never let me see a preview and would never render motion previews for any of the thumbnails.

And, glad to see that you're back. Your software is the only thing that has a viable option of keeping HD audio and also creating menu's. Would you also, perhaps in the future, all a way for us to make a menu that DOESN'T have a video preview box thing? Like just text that would link to the video, like a regular DVD menu/BD menu.

For the avsrecursion thing, I know that that particular .dll is associated with Avisynth usage, and I also have Avisynth installed (as well as ffdshow and MPC).

Last edited by Nightshiver; 7th July 2012 at 00:29.
Nightshiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2012, 01:01   #7498  |  Link
Capsbackup

deank;
I have been using multiAVCHD on some series discs where there can be more than 12 episodes per season. Is there a possibility for a feature request for multiAVCHD, or maybe it's an option for BDedit, (I need instructions) to do the following:
Creating a 19 title Blu-ray using the title-list menu, when any of the first 12 titles completes, it returns to the first title menu page with the first title button highlighted. However, if I go to the second menu page to select any of the 7 remaining titles on that page, upon completion of any of these titles it returns to the first menu page with the first title button highlighted. I then have to proceed to the second menu page again to be able to select another title from this second page.

Request: to have the next sequential button be highlighted after completion of a title. (1,2,3... 12,13,14 etc..)

Request: to change the default return to menu page to be the second menu page when selecting any title from within this second menu page.

I have become quite familiar with multiAVCHD, using it frequently, and am very pleased with all its capabilities. I hope to continue following and sharing my experience with you and its further development!

Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2012, 11:32   #7499  |  Link
dhnj

MultiAVCHD 3 Simple Menu with MultiAVCHD4

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
Thank you all for the warm welcome! I'm glad to see familiar faces around
Hi Deank
I have been using your MultiAVCHD since the very begining & have sent you a donation 3 years ago for your fantastic application.

Is it possible to make a MultiAVCHD 3 simple Menu like the attached photo in MultiAVCHD 4.1.

Best regards
Attached Files
File Type: doc MultiAVCHD3_Menu.doc (66.5 KB, 145 views)
dhnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2012, 12:21   #7500  |  Link
dhnj

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhnj View Post
Hi Deank
I have been using your MultiAVCHD since the very begining & have sent you a donation 3 years ago for your fantastic application.

Is it possible to make a MultiAVCHD 3 simple Menu like the attached photo in MultiAVCHD 4.1.

Best regards
I am resending with new attachment, as the first attachment was all in black.
Attached Images

dhnj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avchd, blu-ray hd-dvd, mkv, multiavchd, re-author