Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 18th May 2009, 01:28   #4901  |  Link
jtheripper

Hi Atak,
I know your releasing a new version soon. I was wondering if it was going to allow to keep a HD audio without conversion for BD-R. Your program is the best and fastest and really only needs that (with newest TSMUXER) to be near perfect for most needs.
jtheripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2009, 10:09   #4902  |  Link
kalle2k3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtheripper View Post
Hi Atak,
I know your releasing a new version soon. I was wondering if it was going to allow to keep a HD audio without conversion for BD-R. Your program is the best and fastest and really only needs that (with newest TSMUXER) to be near perfect for most needs.
i fully agree..keep hd audio for bd25 encoding !
kalle2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2009, 14:25   #4903  |  Link
Blackwalker

Quote:
Hi Atak,
yea! if we can use also true-hd tracks this program'll be perfect!!!
Blackwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 01:50   #4904  |  Link
spida_singh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtheripper View Post
Hi Atak,
I would like this feature too, great as MKV now supports HD audio tracks (via mkvtoolnix), and, i will be buying a Dune prime which reads HD audio tracks within MKV containers. (if you plan on adding this option for both BD output as well as MKV output)
spida_singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 05:49   #4905  |  Link
BlindBandit

Is this setting good for anime for PS3
Quote:
--level 4.1 --aud --nal-hrd --vbv-bufsize 25000 --vbv-maxrate 50000 --filter 3,3 --ref 3 --mixed-refs --bframes 3 --b-adapt 2 --weightb --direct auto --subme 9 --trellis 2 --partitions p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,i8x8 --8x8dct --me umh --threads auto --thread-input --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim
BlindBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 11:44   #4906  |  Link
dbone1026

Feature Request

Aside from being able to add the HD audio others have mentioned:

- Ability to add multiple audio tracks
- Ability to mux to mkv/ts/m2ts without encoding. I currently use MakeMKV and/or Clown_BD for my Blu Ray/HD DVDs that I don't want to encode. Since Ripbot264 demuxes the file anyhow, it would be nice to use ripbot264 as a one stop shop.
dbone1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 12:07   #4907  |  Link
Ajax_Undone
I dont care so should you

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
Aside from being able to add the HD audio others have mentioned:

- Ability to add multiple audio tracks
- Ability to mux to mkv/ts/m2ts without encoding. I currently use MakeMKV and/or Clown_BD for my Blu Ray/HD DVDs that I don't want to encode. Since Ripbot264 demuxes the file anyhow, it would be nice to use ripbot264 as a one stop shop.
It kind of defeats the purpose of having a simple encoding app if you start looking for features outside the basic scope of the authors original intention..

Plus as you mentioned you can use those other tools to get what you want...

HD Aud might be an option *Don't Know* but the multiple audio track and demux/remux ideas are things that were not addressed the last time they were mentioned because your taking and trying to get titanic luxury out of a tug boat. It wont happen.

MeGUI is the best titanic multipurpose app on these forums and tries its best to include every tool to help in all encoding circomstances. It might be a better fit you and others.

~DarC

Last edited by Ajax_Undone; 19th May 2009 at 12:13.
Ajax_Undone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 12:41   #4908  |  Link
dbone1026

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax_Undone View Post
It kind of defeats the purpose of having a simple encoding app if you start looking for features outside the basic scope of the authors original intention..

HD Aud might be an option *Don't Know* but the multiple audio track and demux/remux ideas are things that were not addressed the last time they were mentioned because your taking and trying to get titanic luxury out of a tug boat. It wont happen.

MeGUI is the best titanic multipurpose app on these forums and tries its best to include every tool to help in all encoding circomstances. It might be a better fit you and others.

~DarC
Well said, just a thought since Ripbot already is demuxing the file into the temp folder. I am just a big fan of Ripbot264, so it is a shame I can't use it all the time, but point taken.

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
dbone1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 15:38   #4909  |  Link
Blackwalker

hi Ajax_Undone!
i recently used your "Ripbot" package hat solved some problems i had, so thx for your work
andsorry for my english hehe

So you suggest, for the True-HD tracks to use MeGUI?
i never try it...
Blackwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 16:13   #4910  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

[SPAM]or HDConvertToX, it support multiple audio and multiple subs.. [/SPAM]

BHH
AutoWebM: supporting WebM/VP8
buzzqw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 18:27   #4911  |  Link
mackworth

Would love see HD audio. Right now I am saving all my blurays and encoding so I can go back and re-do it.
mackworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2009, 13:35   #4912  |  Link
jindo

I have 2 problems:

1. If I choose the Denoise option to FILM, Ripbot does not encode the movie. Moreover, I can't choose better audio quality (192kbps or 256 kbps). Why and how?

2. mkvtoolnix released version 2.8.0. I downloaded and extracted 7z file to replace all the files in folder \RipBot264v1.13.3\Tools\mkvtoolnix. Is it ok?
jindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2009, 13:45   #4913  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

1. Install latest DirectX, 128kbps is enough
2. yes
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2009, 13:52   #4914  |  Link
jindo

Thank you for your quick reply. I have just installed Windows Vista Enterprise SP1 with DirectX 10. I think it is the latest version, right?

I want to rip HD music video clips so I need a bit higher audio quality. Is it possible?

Last edited by jindo; 20th May 2009 at 13:55.
Old 20th May 2009, 13:54   #4915  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2009, 14:03   #4916  |  Link
jindo

You gave the link to download DirectX 9.0c. I downloaded and installed but the installation quickly finished. dxdiag shows that the DirectX version in my PC is still DirectX 10.
Old 20th May 2009, 14:23   #4917  |  Link
Ga1j1n

Hey Atak,

I've noticed a new strange bit of behaviour, the first time I go to transcode an h264 mp4 from VOB's ripbot will skip the video encoding step after it finishes the audio, mux into an mp4 and announce everything is complete.

However the next time I run the same project (and any others in the queue) it completes perfectly.
Is this common? I have never used it for VOBs before now
v1.13.3
Ga1j1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2009, 18:19   #4918  |  Link
jtheripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax_Undone View Post

~DarC
I agree that people should not expect this program to do everything. But adding the ability to keep the HD audio track really is not a luxary and even though I am not a expert programmer do not think it would be that difficult to add. AS it is megui is overkill, bdrebuilder has many bugs still. Ripbot is the best overall except for the HD audio. The alternatives are to demux the audio, reencode the video and hope you get the right size and then remux to BD. So basically all ripbot would have to add is the calculation part as it already does the rest.
jtheripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2009, 18:59   #4919  |  Link
cxp36

Problems in Vista and XP - Logfiles Included

I'm trying to use v1.13.3. I have a Vista partition and an XP partition. I installed Ripbot264 on both.

On the Vista partition, RB started, indicated I had all the necessary subprograms it requires. AnyDVD HD was running. I put in a Blu-ray disc, RB analyzed, and I selected the largest .mt2 file for processing. Then nothing happened at all. It wouldn't do a thing - extraction never started.

In XP, did all of the above, and extraction was successful, but right after extraction got to 100% Media Player Classic popped up with the error message:

"DirectShowSource: Couldn't open file c:\temp\ripbot264temp\job1\video.mkv An object or name was not found (\Job1\Getinfo.avs, line 2)"

Getinfo.avs says this:
[blank line]
DirectShowSource("C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.mkv",audio=false).ConvertToYV12()
WriteFile("C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Framecount")
WriteFile("C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Framerate")
WriteFile("C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","AudioRate")
WriteFile("C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","AudioChannels")
WriteFile("C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","AudioLength")
WriteFile("C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Width")
WriteFile("C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Height ")
Trim(0,-1)

MKVInfo.txt says this:
Error: The source file 'C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.mkv' could not be opened successfully, or retrieving its size by seeking to the end did not work.

Video - Log.txt says this:
eac3to v3.12
command line: "C:\Program Files\RipBot 264\Tools\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "C:\TEMP\52918285_MAD_MAX_2\" 1) 2: "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.mkv" -seekToIFrames 3: "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio.1.ac3" 7: "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\subtitle.1.sup" 1: "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\chapters.txt" -progressnumbers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
M2TS, 1 video track, 4 audio tracks, 4 subtitle tracks, 1:35:30, 24p /1.001
1: Chapters, 33 chapters
2: VC-1, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
3: AC3, English, 5.1 channels, 640kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
4: AC3 Surround, French, 2.0 channels, 192kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
5: AC3, Spanish, 2.0 channels, 192kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
6: AC3, English, 2.0 channels, 192kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
7: Subtitle (PGS), English
8: Subtitle (PGS), English
9: Subtitle (PGS), French
10: Subtitle (PGS), Spanish
Creating file "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\chapters.txt"...
[v02] Extracting video track number 2...
[s07] Extracting subtitle track number 7...
[a03] Extracting audio track number 3...
[a03] Removing AC3 dialog normalization...
[v02] Muxing video to Matroska...
[v02] Getting "Haali Matroska Muxer" instance failed. <ERROR>
Aborted at file position 1048576. <ERROR>

The same thing happened with multiple discs, both when ripping directly from the disc, and also after ripping the disc to my hard drive with AnyDVD HD and pointing RB at that directory.

Anyone have any ideas why this is happening?
cxp36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2009, 04:45   #4920  |  Link
hbcsavage

I have a bit of a noob question i have TS MPEG2 file that is 1920 x 1080i, 29.970 fps, 14 Mbps.When i encoded to avchd using ripbot,playback picture was moving too fast and audio was way out of sync.Can anyone tell me the correct settings for this type of file?Also i had a 720p mkv file that was 10gb but when i encoded it to avchd after ticking the 8150 tab output size was 12.2gb can anyone help with this also.Any info would be great.
hbcsavage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360