Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 7th July 2009, 20:14   #3721  |  Link
daberti

Quote:
Originally Posted by chudm View Post
full backup to bd 25 gbs of matrix done 23.1 gbs
I'm happy for you Did you make it at 1080p?
daberti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2009, 20:16   #3722  |  Link
chudm

Quote:
Originally Posted by daberti View Post
I'm happy for you Did you make it at 1080p?
full backup to bd-25 man, no resize, no audio converting, full backup, only deleted french audio & japanesse
chudm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2009, 21:22   #3723  |  Link
chudm

tested the bd-25 on my ps3 and its working perfect now ill do 300
Old 8th July 2009, 00:19   #3724  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by scissors View Post
Hi.

Nice work.

I've had this error for the first time ever also.

Film - any given sunday UK. Film only backup. dvd9.

1)I normally do dvd5, but just ordered some dl discs and it's a long film.

2) It's a 49gig iso and i'm limitted with space, so i ran it through tsmuxer to create a 28gig BD folder (this has worked in the past)

3)The folder is created on and external USB drive (again normally ok)

4) this occurred right after audio and subs streams extracted.

5) video codec vc1 (source m2ts does play in media player)

I've dropped back down to v 2301 as it's the last version i had before current this seems to have got past this point.

Also, in the workfiles folder the vc1 has been demuxed, but the script refers to the m2ts. Is the raw video stream used, or can I delete it - as space is tight?
It's random. You probably would have had the same chance of success if you had used the same version again. Also -- you didn't have to restart. The encode was executing, it is only the GUI status that was not being updated. If you ignore it, you are fine. The message is a warning, just so you know that the GUI isn't updating -- if it were fatal, BD-RB would have stopped on its own.

I have no idea what is causing it, but I can say that it is something to do with particular configuration. In hundreds of encodes it has never once happened to me. My suggestion would be to make sure you are using the version of AVISYNTH, FFDSHOW, X264, TSMUXER, and HAALI that are included with BD-RB and/or are recommended at the beginning of this thread. If you do, you'll likely never see the message again.

Dropping back to an old version is not an acceptable solution -- you'll find that v0.23.01 will timeout soon.

For your last question see the next post.

Last edited by jdobbs; 8th July 2009 at 00:35.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2009, 00:32   #3725  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekmobile View Post
You can delete it its only used for sizing calculations
Not exactly. That demuxed video is used when the original is small enough to fit without reencoding. So if you remove it without knowing exactly what you're doing you can cause a failure. The next BD-RB version will remove the demuxed video automatically if it isn't used.

Last edited by jdobbs; 8th July 2009 at 00:34.
Old 8th July 2009, 00:49   #3726  |  Link
chudm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Not exactly. That demuxed video is used when the original is small enough to fit without reencoding. So if you remove it without knowing exactly what you're doing you can cause a failure. The next BD-RB version will remove the demuxed video automatically if it isn't used.
the next version of bd-rb its looking better and better man!

btw jdobbs, could be possible choose what extras we want to include or not on full backup mode?

Last edited by chudm; 8th July 2009 at 00:52.
Old 8th July 2009, 01:11   #3727  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chudm View Post
the next version of bd-rb its looking better and better man!

btw jdobbs, could be possible choose what extras we want to include or not on full backup mode?
Eventually when I add video viewer/selection. But not for a while.
Old 8th July 2009, 01:14   #3728  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire199 View Post
Sorry it took so long to get back. I am continuing this as I saw someone else got the same message (GUI error) and I thought what I came up with might help. I also saw your comments with Furious Flea and when new version comes out I will test this on same movie.

OK, since you said my GUI error shouldn't be BDRB, I went to the guide thread and doublechecked everything. The first thing I did was re-download all the tools that go along with BDRB to make sure I had current. (ffdshow, etc) The first thing I noticed was ffdshow version was different - so I went into the version that I had (rev2684) and found out that I had not set any of the settings as laid out in the guide. This was kinda weird, since I have been using BDRB for awhile, I have burned MANY discs, I know I set up the ffdshow when I first started, but yet the settings weren't as I set them. The other thing is that this looks like a newer version than what is on the link (rev2661). I know this happened recently, cuz all my discs have been playing fine after remake. Then I checked the discs working backwards to about a month ago and sure enough, they all say data disc instead of avchd on my PS3. So I changed the version to what was on the link, set the proper settings and tried to redo death race. (As a note, I set the settings on version 2684 and redid death race and did get the GUI error again)On version 2661, I did not get the GUI error, but I did get encode errors. Then I tried Pink Panther 2, full movie, no problem. Then I tried Prestige, movie only, no problem. So I guess, in conclusion I have this:

1. Whats the difference between ffdshow rev 2661 and 2684.
2. Could this (ffdshow rev 2684) be connected in any way to getting GUI error? (cuz when I changed it, I stopped getting the error.
3. Death Race is the most complicated set of files I have ever seen in doing this - it has 72 vids, some MPEG4, some VC-1 and it also has secondary vid within the vid structure.(MPEG 4, 480p instead of 1080) It has AC-3 audio, DTS HD audio and DTS HD XLL audio. Could I be doing something wrong with how I am setting this up cuz it's so complicated?

I know this is a long one and I do appreciate your time and all the hard work you put into this program. I think it is great and I use it ALL the time, it is the only solution I have found that lets me save copies of my discs in the format that I choose (full movie/movie only/BD5,9,25). So thanks for bearing with me.

saphire199
I'm looking at build 2857 as becoming the new recommended standard and am currently testing it. I've found a couple of bugs in 2661 that force some work arounds (especially on small encodes) like the 00254.M2TS on "Day the Earth Stood Still". I'm not sure whether there is a connection yet -- so as of right now I still recommend 2661.

Last edited by jdobbs; 8th July 2009 at 01:18.
Old 8th July 2009, 01:17   #3729  |  Link
chudm

Quote:
Eventually when I add video viewer/selection. But not for a while.
k waiting for the new beta, great job man!
Old 8th July 2009, 01:42   #3730  |  Link
setarip_old

@scissors

Hi!
Quote:
It's a 49gig iso and i'm limitted with space, so i ran it through tsmuxer to create a 28gig BD folder
Forgive my apparent ignorance here but, how do you first convert an original BluRay disc to a 49Gb .ISO image file and then convert the .ISO image file into a 28Gb BluRay folder? And why bother creating the .ISO image file at all?
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2009, 02:04   #3731  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@scissors

Hi!Forgive my apparent ignorance here but, how do you first convert an original BluRay disc to a 49Gb .ISO image file and then convert the .ISO image file into a 28Gb BluRay folder? And why bother creating the .ISO image file at all?
If using ANYDVD HD, there is not an option, at least that I can find, to rip the movie only. So if you rip the ISO first, then you can strip all extras and audio tracks that you don't want, which is probably where the 28GB BluRay folder comes from.( my guess)
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2009, 02:33   #3732  |  Link
GaPony

I see your point, but there's no need to bother ripping a movie only to an .iso with AnyDVD. Just let BD-Rebuilder do the "movie only" copy and decide what it needs to get the job done. I'm sure that alot the problems people are having has something to do with them attempting to pre-process the movie, in some form or fashion,before using BD-Rebuilder on it.

I just rip the movie to the HDD with AnyDVD Ripper and run BD-rebuilder and have had great success with nearly 100% of the 225 movies or so, I've done. Granted, I don't do anything fancy like keep the HD audio but my receiver does a good enough job on the AC3 audio.
GaPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2009, 04:22   #3733  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaPony View Post
I see your point, but there's no need to bother ripping a movie only to an .iso with AnyDVD. Just let BD-Rebuilder do the "movie only" copy and decide what it needs to get the job done. I'm sure that alot the problems people are having has something to do with them attempting to pre-process the movie, in some form or fashion,before using BD-Rebuilder on it.

I just rip the movie to the HDD with AnyDVD Ripper and run BD-rebuilder and have had great success with nearly 100% of the 225 movies or so, I've done. Granted, I don't do anything fancy like keep the HD audio but my receiver does a good enough job on the AC3 audio.
Agree. I've been through this preprocessing goat-rope before with DVD-RB.

Preprocessing = bad
Direct-from-source = good

Old 8th July 2009, 10:21   #3734  |  Link
jangai

me too : GUI issue error

+1 for a lot of «GUI issue, no hWnd returned» warning message into log...

-Running 'BD-RBV02402.zip' release
-Computer is a 2 x 2,8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon powered
-Computer was not loaded at error time

Hope this helps...
jangai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2009, 14:26   #3735  |  Link
tekmobile
Webmaster

Quote:
Thats what I mean't just bad wording.
The OP was doing the movie down to DVD9 so I highly doubt it would fit uncompressed.

Maybe only demux the raw video if doing BD25 because under normal circumstances the video will always need re-encoding when doing DVD5 or DVD9 unless your doing say just a TV episode from a series
tekmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2009, 16:20   #3736  |  Link
skylab1

Does anyone know what this error is error 2202?

[07:44:05]PHASE TWO - Rebuild Started
- [07:44:05] Rebuilding BD file Structure
- [07:44:06] RebuildBDFiles() 00076 2202
[08:07:54] - Aborted at user request

it only happen when I try to do full backup, so far this has happen on all BD disc I've tried.
on any version of BD Rebuilder. I never it been able to do a full back yet.

Movie only backup works fine never had it problem.

This error only occur after all the video files are encoded, when BD rebuilder start to rebuilding the
disc file structure then error 2202 occurred.
skylab1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2009, 17:11   #3737  |  Link
GaPony

I don't have a clue what that error is, but the first thing I'd check is free space, if it only happens with full movies. Just a wild guess. It probably isn't that.
GaPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2009, 19:00   #3738  |  Link
Kakashi Sensei

@skylab1 - I had that error when i used the 0.24.01 you should upgrade to the current 0.24.02 version and it should fix it. You dont need to restart either, it will rebuild your BD from the previous version.

KS
Kakashi Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2009, 19:03   #3739  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylab1 View Post
Does anyone know what this error is error 2202?

[07:44:05]PHASE TWO - Rebuild Started
- [07:44:05] Rebuilding BD file Structure
- [07:44:06] RebuildBDFiles() 00076 2202
[08:07:54] - Aborted at user request

it only happen when I try to do full backup, so far this has happen on all BD disc I've tried.
on any version of BD Rebuilder. I never it been able to do a full back yet.

Movie only backup works fine never had it problem.

This error only occur after all the video files are encoded, when BD rebuilder start to rebuilding the
disc file structure then error 2202 occurred.
It means "path not found" in attempting to copy files from the original disc to the destination. Make sure your source path is still valid.

What version of BD-RB are you using? Always use the most recent.
Old 8th July 2009, 19:08   #3740  |  Link
jdobbs

Release of v0.25.01 (beta)

I'm posting this version here in the bug reports bowels rather than in the first post so that it will be only downloaded and used by those actively working bugs. I've made a lot of changes in this version -- and it will likely show a few new bugs. Please post them as you run into them. Be careful with the one-pass encoding... it isn't very accurate yet. It will likely undersize -- but that's purposeful as it is a lot better than an oversize. You can download it from this link..

Changes made to this version:
Code:
July 8th, 2009 - v0.25.01
- Implemented a one-pass CRF mode.  This estimates
  the CRF needed for the required size and reencodes
  using a single pass.  Note that this mode is new
  and is experimental -- use for testing only, as it
  is possible you may get over/undersizing.
- Added a feature that automatically extracts and
  uses all original video streams intact when the
  output target is smaller than the selected source.
- Added code to collect and log the TSMUXER error
  message when a MUX has failed for some reason.
- Added support for DD+ secondary audio.  Now PiP
  audio should work (when it is DD+). Note: This 
  feature is disabled and is in use only for internal
  testing.
- Added code to detect and work-around certain types
  of demuxing errors.
- Added a hidden switch for help during testing of
  the PiP functions.  PROCESS_SECONDARY=1 will
  enable the PiP processing.  If it is set to 0 (the
  default value) the secondary video will be ignored.
- Corrected an issue with update of the MPLS when
  secondary video tracks are used.
- Added a "HIGH-SPEED" option to the "SETTINGS/ENCODER
  SETTINGS" menu.  It is visible/recommended for BD-25
  encoding only.  The quality on BD-5/9 will suffer
  greatly if this option is used (via hidden setting).  
  When used with one-pass CRF mode on BD-25 it can 
  result in a very fast yet excellent quality backup 
  of most discs.
- Added AVISYNTH code to limit audio channels to six
  (DD 5.1) when reencoding to AC3.  This should stop 
  reencoding failures on 7.1 sources.
- Regressed the version of AFTEN in order to prevent
  hangs on some AVS sources.
- Updated NICAUDIO.DLL to r2.03 
- Other minor corrections and cosmetic fixes.

Last edited by jdobbs; 8th July 2009 at 19:12.