Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 3rd October 2007, 12:38   #81  |  Link
FlimsyFeet

This is a fantastic program, I find it very useful. Thanks to qwerpoi!

There are a couple of things I would like to ask.

Firstly, when I save a script from AvsP then open it with Windows Notepad, I don't get any linebreaks, just little squares where linebreaks should be. Is this a bug with Notepad? (I think I've had it happen before with other text files)

Second, when you have multiple tabs open, and each video has the same number of frames, navigating the video preview in one tab also moves to the same frame in the other tab. This is a great feature, but is there any way to have the same behaviour when videos are different lengths? (I think older versions may have done it like this?)
Old 4th October 2007, 04:29   #82  |  Link
KenJ

I can't get Autocompletion to work. According to the Documentation (which appears to still show the previous release):
Quote:
If a preset exists for a filter, then whenever the autocomplete mechanism is activated for that filter, instead of entering the filtername and an open parentheses into the text, the preset text is entered instead.
This does not work for me. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by KenJ; 4th October 2007 at 22:31.
KenJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2007, 08:25   #83  |  Link
shortkud

This is a great program thank you so much. I can finally get rid of using GK to figure out my crop .
shortkud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2007, 19:06   #84  |  Link
abbienormal

Can't tell you how good this program is. I'd Never heard of AVSP until a couple of months ago but now I couldn't live without it.
Can I make one or two suggestions:

1) When focus is on video preview mouse wheel advances back and forward through time line by user specified amount(1 frame/1 sec etc).
2) Extra button next to the video preview toggle button to refresh the preview.
3) Option to place the preview window side by side with the text editor(for widescreen monitor users). I know I can do this by having the preview floating separately but i like to keep it all in one window.

Hope you don't feel too inundated with users suggesting features.
It's what happens when you make such a useful program.
abbienormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2007, 01:52   #85  |  Link
rfmmars

A feature that I would like to have is when I click on a slider, I can use the arrow keys to make a fine adjustments.

Richard
rfmmars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2007, 01:58   #86  |  Link
KenJ

Well, I had to answer my own question!

The documentation for Autocompletion is somewhat misleading.
Quote:
By pressing the Enter or Tab key, the filter name is automatically entered into the text (along with an open parentheses - you can change this behavior in the "Options -> Program settings..." dialog, in the "Text 1" tab).
I swear, every time until today, when I went use Autocompletion I could use Enter or Tab and I got the left-paren ONLY. I didn't change the options - honest!

Today, using Tab gets the left-paren just as before but using Enter gets the preset text I was looking for. Finally!
KenJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2007, 05:55   #87  |  Link
qwerpoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlimsyFeet View Post
This is a fantastic program, I find it very useful. Thanks to qwerpoi!

There are a couple of things I would like to ask.

Firstly, when I save a script from AvsP then open it with Windows Notepad, I don't get any linebreaks, just little squares where linebreaks should be. Is this a bug with Notepad? (I think I've had it happen before with other text files)

Second, when you have multiple tabs open, and each video has the same number of frames, navigating the video preview in one tab also moves to the same frame in the other tab. This is a great feature, but is there any way to have the same behaviour when videos are different lengths? (I think older versions may have done it like this?)
Glad you like the program! I'll check out the notepad issue, for the second issue with the frames, go to the "Options -> Program settings..." dialog in the "Video 2" tab, and uncheck the box that says "Enable frames stored per tab".

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortkud View Post
This is a great program thank you so much. I can finally get rid of using GK to figure out my crop .
I know what you mean, it always bothered me a little to have gk installed just for the crop and resizing, since I didn't need it for anything else. Let me know if you come across any accuracy issues or other problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbienormal View Post
1) When focus is on video preview mouse wheel advances back and forward through time line by user specified amount(1 frame/1 sec etc).
2) Extra button next to the video preview toggle button to refresh the preview.
3) Option to place the preview window side by side with the text editor(for widescreen monitor users). I know I can do this by having the preview floating separately but i like to keep it all in one window.
Those are some good suggestions, I'll try to get the 1st one in, I'll think about the second one, and although I'd like to do the third, that would be a huge amount of work, so don't expect that anytime soon .

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfmmars View Post
A feature that I would like to have is when I click on a slider, I can use the arrow keys to make a fine adjustments.

Richard
You can do this if you click the mouse and don't release (although I admit, it's a bit of hand juggling).

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenJ View Post
The documentation for Autocompletion is somewhat misleading.
I swear, every time until today, when I went use Autocompletion I could use Enter or Tab and I got the left-paren ONLY. I didn't change the options - honest!

Today, using Tab gets the left-paren just as before but using Enter gets the preset text I was looking for. Finally!
I'm not sure what your original issue was, but thanks for being patient! Be sure to report back if the problem occurs again.
qwerpoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2007, 04:08   #88  |  Link
Aaron76

Editor freezes occasionly when adding parenthesis.

First of all, great program. It has made writing scripts much easier.

Sometimes when I insert parenthesis after a function or add a function within a function using parenthesis, the program completely freezes and I need to close it and reopen my script again. I had to comment out the lines to work on them and then uncomment them when I was done so the program wouldn't lock.

IntroVideo = ImageSource(IntroScreenshot, end=IntroClipFrames - 1, fps=Framerate(Video)).ConvertToYV12().Spline64Resize(VideoWidthPixels, VideoHeightPixels)
Aaron76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2007, 21:14   #89  |  Link
danielkun

Thanks a lot for this tool qwerpoi, I find it very useful.

I was playing a bit with it and I came with these function definitions, feel free to correct those.

MvBob :
Code:
(clip Input, 
int "BlkSize"=8, 
int "Pel"=2, 
int "CorrectTh"=8, 
int "Threshold"=6, 
int "Type"=3 (0 to 4), 
int "Length"=1 (0 to 3)
)
MCBob :
Code:
(
clip clp, 
float "EdiPre"=1.0 (0.0 to 1.0), 
int "EdiPost"=1 (0 to 2), 
int "blocksize"=16, 
int "MEdepth"=2, 
float "sharpness", 
int "mtnmode"=0 (0 to 2), 
float "mtnth1"=0.2, 
float "mtnth2"=0.4, 
float "errth1"=0.4, 
float "errth2"=0.6, 
float "MEspatNR"=0.0, 
float "MEtempNR"=0.0
)
I found it particularly useful that when I change a parameter, the preview frame updates, that's golden! Try changing mcbob's edipost between 1 and 2, and you'll see how the reduced aliasing works

A suggestion:
When I open an avs file that has a plugin function already used, and a few (but not all) parameters are specified, then only those already writen parameter slider appear. If I want all the sliders and textboxes to appear, I have to rewrite the function (using autocomplete ctrl+space) and then all the parameters with the default values appear. It's a small annoyance, but it'd be great if you can see the textboxes and sliders even for parameters that aren't explicitly written.

Also if the function is used without any parameters (all defaults) then the function doesnt appear at all at the controls pane.

Thanks again!
danielkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2007, 03:04   #90  |  Link
qwerpoi

New version v2.0.2, download from the AvsP download page or the mirror. The changelog's not very long but this version's long overdue, since it fixes a couple of major bugs from 2.0.1. Here's the changelog:
Quote:
* added numerous entries to function database (contributions by Harukalover, danielkun)

* added ability to open multiple scripts in Open dialog (suggested by Underground78)

* new syntax in extension templates for relative paths (suggested by krisq)

* changed database editing for plugins to reduce redundancy with short and long names

+ fixed program hanging on text highlight (thanks miamicanes, Harukalover, foxyshadis)

+ fixed issue with translation messages (thanks zemog)

+ fixed crash when deleting existing bookmark (thanks AlanHK)

+ manually hidden sliders now stay hidden on video refresh (thanks AlanHK)

+ fixed minor bug with autocompletion and underscore character
The most important change here is the bugfix for the hanging issue, which made v2.0.1 practically impossible to use. Thanks to everyone who gave detailed reports to help me fix it. Other important bugfixes - deleting video frame bookmarks no longer crash, translation messages are working properly now.

The other important change here is the significant update to the filter database, thanks to those who contributed. Particularly Harukalover, who submitted a huge number of plugin definitions - I would say now that the majority of currently popular plugins are covered in this version.

One important note for people who use the "Options -> Avisynth function definition" dialog to customize the database - I changed the database for 3rd party plugins to only use the long version of function names, ie dllname_function. The short function names are automatically generated for each script, which means you need only define customizations for the long function name. The downside is that in this version you may lose some customizations. Although I put in some code to automatically detect and update short name customizations into the long name, it would be prudent to export your customizations before updating to v2.0.2 (use the "Export customizations" button at the bottom of the "Avisynth function definition" dialog), that way you can make sure you didn't lose anything. Feel free to report back if there are any issues.

Anyway, as you may have noticed, I have had a lot less time to work on AvsP recently. I am aware that there are quite a few feature requests I haven't gotten around to yet. If you think that there is some really important feature that you've already requested that I continually ignore , feel free to let me know again, and I'll try and move it up my priority list. Any new suggestions are of course welcome as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielkun View Post
A suggestion:
When I open an avs file that has a plugin function already used, and a few (but not all) parameters are specified, then only those already writen parameter slider appear. If I want all the sliders and textboxes to appear, I have to rewrite the function (using autocomplete ctrl+space) and then all the parameters with the default values appear. It's a small annoyance, but it'd be great if you can see the textboxes and sliders even for parameters that aren't explicitly written.

Also if the function is used without any parameters (all defaults) then the function doesnt appear at all at the controls pane.

Thanks again!
You're right, it's an issue that's come across my mind. Unfortunately, it would be pretty difficult to program - if the arguments aren't specified in the script, then the program would have to guess where to insert the argument values, which could lead to conflicts, since Avisynth some arguments are order dependent while others are not. If I think of a good way to do this, I'll consider it, but for now, I think the way it currently works is a good compromise, since it's relatively easy to understand and control.
Old 28th October 2007, 06:08   #91  |  Link
Harukalover

Minor issue in the last few releases. AvsP's Seekbar under the Video doesn't count correctly. If you have a video with 200 frames. The Seekbar counts 0 to 200. When it really is only 0 to 199. So you can never go to that last frame (frame number 200) because it doesn't exist.

Anyway, thanks for the latest release. And I'll look into writing up more function definitions soon, if you want more that is.

/me thinks a bunch of script functions should be added (currently it's a rather dry list)
Harukalover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2007, 15:54   #92  |  Link
krisq

I can't open 'Avisynth function definition' dialog at all.
Avsp throws me this error:
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "AvsP.pyo", line 5950, in OnMenuOptionsFilters
  File "AvsP.pyo", line 8596, in ShowFunctionDefinitionDialog
  File "AvsP.pyo", line 1950, in __init__
  File "AvsP.pyo", line 2002, in CreateWindowElements
KeyError: u'textsub'
Old 28th October 2007, 17:39   #93  |  Link
qwerpoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harukalover View Post
Minor issue in the last few releases. AvsP's Seekbar under the Video doesn't count correctly. If you have a video with 200 frames. The Seekbar counts 0 to 200. When it really is only 0 to 199. So you can never go to that last frame (frame number 200) because it doesn't exist.
The notation is a bit sloppy on the status bar, it says something like Frame 0/200 but it actually only goes from 0 to 199 as it's supposed to (you can verify this by dragging the slider to the last position).

Actually, it's kind of a strange issue, since each frame is discrete but actually represents a continuous interval of time, so frame 0 actually represents something like [0, 1), frame 1 represents [1, 2), and in this case the last frame represents [199, 200). VirtualDub handles this by allowing the slider to go all the way to frame 200, but showing no video at frame 200 itself. There are pluses and minuses to displaying things this way, AvsP isn't perfect either. For now I'll leave things be but if you or any other video guru wishes to argue for a more precise representation, I'll be willing to listen.

Quote:
Anyway, thanks for the latest release. And I'll look into writing up more function definitions soon, if you want more that is.

/me thinks a bunch of script functions should be added (currently it's a rather dry list)
I'd certainly appreciate any additional function definitions, and I agree, the script functions are really thin. I'm not very familiar with the recent popular script functions, if I have time I'll try and look into it, but any contributions on that end would be most helpful as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisq View Post
I can't open 'Avisynth function definition' dialog at all.
Avsp throws me this error:
Code:
  File "AvsP.pyo", line 5950, in OnMenuOptionsFilters
  File "AvsP.pyo", line 8596, in ShowFunctionDefinitionDialog
  File "AvsP.pyo", line 1950, in __init__
  File "AvsP.pyo", line 2002, in CreateWindowElements
KeyError: u'textsub'
I tried briefly to recreate this error, but I didn't get it. First, try closing AvsP and opening the function dialog again. If the error still occurs, could you upload or send me your options.dat so I can try and recreate it on my machine?
Old 28th October 2007, 18:33   #94  |  Link
krisq

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerpoi View Post
I tried briefly to recreate this error, but I didn't get it. First, try closing AvsP and opening the function dialog again. If the error still occurs, could you upload or send me your options.dat so I can try and recreate it on my machine?
Restart didn't help.
I've uploaded my 'options.dat' for inspection.
http://sharedzilla.com/en/get?id=102644
Old 29th October 2007, 00:50   #95  |  Link
Harukalover

Quote:
The notation is a bit sloppy on the status bar, it says something like Frame 0/200 but it actually only goes from 0 to 199 as it's supposed to (you can verify this by dragging the slider to the last position).

Actually, it's kind of a strange issue, since each frame is discrete but actually represents a continuous interval of time, so frame 0 actually represents something like [0, 1), frame 1 represents [1, 2), and in this case the last frame represents [199, 200). VirtualDub handles this by allowing the slider to go all the way to frame 200, but showing no video at frame 200 itself. There are pluses and minuses to displaying things this way, AvsP isn't perfect either. For now I'll leave things be but if you or any other video guru wishes to argue for a more precise representation, I'll be willing to listen.
Ah okay. Now that I understand the reasoning behind it, it makes sense to handle it that way.

Anyway, there seems to be some issues when working with large avs scripts. They consist of delays in text typing and failing to be able to preview the video. Either I get an error or it just hangs and never opens the video preview.

Here's the error I see: Error

The script in question is around 1700 lines long. And I can get it to open in Virtualdub within like 20 seconds of loading. If I remove a good portion of the script it can also then load fine in AvsP. If you don't happen to have any scripts on hand that can reproduce this just let me know, and I'll find some place where I can link the script for viewing. (kind of too huge to post)

Last edited by Harukalover; 29th October 2007 at 00:52.
Harukalover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2007, 01:24   #96  |  Link
Maccara

First of all, great program! Makes my life with Avisynth much easier.

Then the questions:

How to define functions, where presets have () in them?

For example:
string "profilepath"="F:\Program Files (x86)\Some App\Settings\Default.txt" ("*.txt"),

The (x86) screws up the parser. I tried to find out, if there's an escape sequence I could use, but either I'm blind (entirely possible) or there isn't one at the moment.

(no biggie, I can have the stuff in other folders as well, just interested if this is possible at all)
Maccara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2007, 02:40   #97  |  Link
qwerpoi

Okay, here's a bugfix file to fix the two bugs noted by krisq and Maccara:

http://avisynth.org/qwerpoi/AvsP_v2.0.2_bugfix3.zip

To apply the bugfix, simply download the zip file (133 kb) and unzip the file inside named AvsP.pyo into the same directory as your AvsP.exe. The bugfix fixes the issue that krisq pointed out, it turns out there was a more serious issue underneath. It doesn't affect you if you don't customize the filter database using the "Options -> Avisynth function definition" dialog box, but if you do, you should apply the bugfix right away. The bugfix also fixes the issue that Maccara just pointed out, you can now use parentheses inside strings when defining function definitions.

Again, just to be clear, in AvsP v2.0.2 the function database only accepts long names for plugin functions. In previous versions, a dll function would show up twice in the "Avisynth function definition" dialog, for example EEDI2 and EEDI2_EEDI2. Both names are valid in Avisynth - the long notation, dllname_function, was introduced to avoid naming conflicts. In AvsP v2.0.2, only EEDI2_EEDI2 will show up in the dialog, meaning you only have to define your customizations once, the scripts will automatically reflect the customizations for both long and short names. Because I made this change, those who made customizations with the short plugin names will lose those customizations - for that I apologize. There was a more serious bug related to this issue that krisq pointed out that I fixed, so again, if you have made or plan to make database customizations, be sure to apply this bugfix first.

Edit: 2nd bugfix on 10/30/07, fixes a bug with deleting presets.
Edit: 3rd bugfix on 10/30/07, fixes the bug with short and long plugin names and presets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harukalover View Post
Anyway, there seems to be some issues when working with large avs scripts. They consist of delays in text typing and failing to be able to preview the video. Either I get an error or it just hangs and never opens the video preview.

Here's the error I see: Error
That error seems to be related to a limitation in wxPython, the framework I used to make AvsP. I'll try and take a look into it, you can send me your script as an email attachment, send it to qwerpoi.avsp AT gmail.com.

Last edited by qwerpoi; 31st October 2007 at 00:03.
Old 29th October 2007, 06:37   #98  |  Link
Maccara

Quote:
Thank you very much! Parentheses now seem to work fine.
Maccara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2007, 10:19   #99  |  Link
Terka

when loading v2.0.2, got this message, in version 1.0.4 cant copy/move code into clipboard.
could someone help?
[Mon Oct 29 10:18:15 2007]
Error parsing LoadPluginEx2_LoadPlugin plugin parameters: unknown character R
Error parsing LoadPluginEx2_LoadPlugin plugin parameters: unknown character G
Error parsing LoadPluginEx2_LoadPlugin plugin parameters: unknown character B
Error parsing LoadPluginEx2_LoadPlugin plugin parameters: unknown character L
Error parsing LoadPluginEx2_LoadPlugin plugin parameters: unknown character U
Error parsing LoadPluginEx2_LoadPlugin plugin parameters: unknown character T
Error parsing LoadPluginEx2_LoadPlugin plugin parameters: unknown character R
Error parsing LoadPluginEx2_LoadPlugin plugin parameters: unknown character G
Error parsing LoadPluginEx2_LoadPlugin plugin parameters: unknown character B
Error parsing LoadPluginEx2_LoadPlugin plugin parameters: unknown character L
Error parsing LoadPluginEx2_LoadPlugin plugin parameters: unknown character U
Error parsing LoadPluginEx2_LoadPlugin plugin parameters: unknown character T
File "run.py", line 6, in <module>
File "D:\Research\Python\AvsP\Translations\AvsP_v2.0.2\AvsP\AvsP.py", line 11376, in main
File "wx\_core.pyo", line 7700, in __init__
File "wx\_core.pyo", line 7352, in _BootstrapApp
File "D:\Research\Python\AvsP\Translations\AvsP_v2.0.2\AvsP\AvsP.py", line 11366, in OnInit
File "D:\Research\Python\AvsP\Translations\AvsP_v2.0.2\AvsP\AvsP.py", line 3373, in __init__
File "D:\Research\Python\AvsP\Translations\AvsP_v2.0.2\AvsP\AvsP.py", line 3931, in defineFilterInfo
File "D:\Research\Python\AvsP\Translations\AvsP_v2.0.2\AvsP\AvsP.py", line 4218, in getFilterInfoFromAvisynth
File "avisynth.pyo", line 95, in Release
WindowsError: exception: access violation reading 0x029D58C0
Terka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2007, 10:46   #100  |  Link
krisq

Quote:
Thanks man. Looks like everything is A-OK.