Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 1st August 2007, 11:11   #1761  |  Link
haruhiko_yamagata

Quote:
Originally Posted by thuan View Post
Opening a video with embedded subtitle (I have only tested ass or ssa embedded subs) then pause for a long time and later resume some times the player will crash when encountering the next sub line. After that opening the file that crashed will result in crashing every time there's a sub line appearing (nothing appears really it crashes before), restart fix it.
Zoom Player 5.00 with ffdshow_rev1381_20070729_clsid_sse_icl10 internal sub filter, output colorspace is YV12, CPU: Core 2 Duo, XPSP2.
Thanks, but I can't reproduce. Is it same with MPC?
Zoom player does not show subtitle at all if I enable "Smart Play".
If it is sample specific, please send me the sample.
Old 1st August 2007, 13:35   #1762  |  Link
Daedalus01

hi

ffdshow audio decoder is extremely useful because i can add audio delay to offset the out of sync audio of some dvd encodes. however, for one particular movie (pirates of the caribbean 1) the delay seems to be longer than 5000ms, which is the maximum ffdshow allows.

does anyone know how to add delay that is longer than 5000ms?

thanks
Seagate 120gb Bara 3
GF 4 Ti 4200@270/550
Daedalus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2007, 14:22   #1763  |  Link
HeadBangeR77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus01 View Post
hi

ffdshow audio decoder is extremely useful because i can add audio delay to offset the out of sync audio of some dvd encodes. however, for one particular movie (pirates of the caribbean 1) the delay seems to be longer than 5000ms, which is the maximum ffdshow allows.

thanks
In such a case it's got nothing to do with ffdshow.
Just recreate the file using VDubMod, AVIMux GUI, MKVmerge or MP4 Box, depending on the container, and add an appropriate delay to the audio track before interleaving it with the video.

@ ffdshow crew:
I've encountered a problem concerning letterboxing and subtitles recently. I always like to have the subtitles displayed under the main film area, so I add 16:9 letterboxing for 1:2.35/1.240 widescreen films and 4:3 letterboxing for 16:9 films. In the latter case ffdshow doesn't just add black bars beneath and above, but also at the sides, so when I switch to full screen a part of the film is pan scanned, including some longer subtitles lines. Usually it's just one letter or even a halve of it but it's annoying nevertheless.
MPC build from May + ffdshow rev. 1358 ICL9 by clsid.

Can anyone reproduce such a behaviour?

Last edited by HeadBangeR77; 1st August 2007 at 14:30.
HeadBangeR77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2007, 01:47   #1764  |  Link
thuan

I haven't used MPC for a long time. I will check with it later. I don't use "Smart Play" in ZP as my computer is pretty much 3rd party filter clean. It's not really sample specific but all of them are anime in H264 720p with subs (like Dennou Coil from Ureshii, Hayate no Gotoku from Eclipse...). And even with that, it's tricky to reproduced, I just open a video then let it pause there doing other things then return, some times it crashes some times not.
thuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2007, 02:23   #1765  |  Link
Daedalus01

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadBangeR77 View Post
In such a case it's got nothing to do with ffdshow.
Just recreate the file using VDubMod, AVIMux GUI, MKVmerge or MP4 Box, depending on the container, and add an appropriate delay to the audio track before interleaving it with the video.
thats wat i finally did, but if ffdshow lets me add audio delay >5000ms i dont have to go through a remux
Seagate 120gb Bara 3
GF 4 Ti 4200@270/550
Daedalus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2007, 11:13   #1766  |  Link
haruhiko_yamagata

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadBangeR77 View Post
@ ffdshow crew:
I've encountered a problem concerning letterboxing and subtitles recently. I always like to have the subtitles displayed under the main film area, so I add 16:9 letterboxing for 1:2.35/1.240 widescreen films and 4:3 letterboxing for 16:9 films. In the latter case ffdshow doesn't just add black bars beneath and above, but also at the sides, so when I switch to full screen a part of the film is pan scanned, including some longer subtitles lines. Usually it's just one letter or even a halve of it but it's annoying nevertheless.
MPC build from May + ffdshow rev. 1358 ICL9 by clsid.

Can anyone reproduce such a behaviour?
Thank you for testing. I found some problems around subtitle letterbox. I'm trying to fix them.
Old 2nd August 2007, 17:42   #1767  |  Link
HeadBangeR77

Quote:
Originally Posted by haruhiko_yamagata View Post
Thank you for testing. I found some problems around subtitle letterbox. I'm trying to fix them.
Thank your for the quick reaction! You've already done whole lot of good work on the field of improving the subtitles part of ffdshow
Looking forward to next patches & fixes

cheers /HDBR77
Old 2nd August 2007, 17:43   #1768  |  Link
oddball

libavcodec is too darned slow.

Is anyone working on making the decoder faster? I have a (W)VC1 at 1920x1080 and libavc decoding lags behind the audio. If I disable it in ffdshow and let WMP11's codec take over it plays fine. Also some full HD x264 stuff plays slow using libavc.

I have an E6600 which SHOULD be enough? I'm thinking about overclocking it to 3Ghz in order to playback some of this stuff smoothly at least until CoreAVC 1.5 is out.

Also. Is anyone working on hyperthreading the ffdshow decoder?

One more thing. High bitrate DTS is still a BIG problem with ffdshow using SPDIF passthru. It stutters like crazy. I have to disable ffdshow's DTS decoder and let AC3Filter decode it instead.
oddball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2007, 18:17   #1769  |  Link
_xxl
ffdshow user

Known limitations:
4.H264 and VC-1 libavc aren't multithreaded.
5.High bitrate DTS stutters when using SPDIF passthru.
_xxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2007, 06:32   #1770  |  Link
scarbrtj

FWIW, my (ffdshow) observation as it relates to VC-1:

1) WMP 11 only: no playback
2) WMP 11 + Haali: playback but with really bad artifacts/colors in particular parts
3) WMP 11 + Haali + ffdshow (wmv9): mostly good playback but bad "stuttering" in some portions of playback (spotty)...but good on CPU usage (~30%, both cores)
4) WMP 11 + Haali + ffdshow (libavcodec): mostly good playback but bad "stuttering" in some portions of playback (spotty)...CPU usage ~0% one core, 80-100% other core...and yes, audio goes out of sync
scarbrtj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2007, 08:56   #1771  |  Link
_xxl
ffdshow user

Quote:
WMP 11 + Haali:
Is your sample .evob?
_xxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2007, 14:21   #1772  |  Link
scarbrtj

@_xxl:

Nope. Files from Bluray discs; I would call them VC-1 .m2ts files. I have tried .evob files too; same sort of "problems" you might say. (Right now I'm perseverating on the .m2ts files though.)
scarbrtj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2007, 04:08   #1773  |  Link
haruhiko_yamagata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus01 View Post
hi

thanks
I'm not sure if it is good idea to add such long delay, but anyway, I changed the upper limit from 5000ms to 20000ms at rev 1399.
Old 4th August 2007, 04:10   #1774  |  Link
haruhiko_yamagata

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathTheSheep View Post
Found a rather crass bug when I try to enter a negative (which you are supposed to do, by the way):
fixed at rev 1398.
Old 4th August 2007, 09:04   #1775  |  Link
molitar

Help with keyboard controls. I enabled them but none of the keyboard commands work at all. Any idea what is wrong?
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2007, 10:31   #1776  |  Link
Leak
ffdshow/AviSynth wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
Help with keyboard controls. I enabled them but none of the keyboard commands work at all. Any idea what is wrong?
You need to hold down both keys you defined as "Activation keys" together with any of the other function keys.

If that doesn't work, try checking "Process keypresses even if not focused" which will make the hotkeys system-wide, which means they should work even if you're using some other app.

np: Anthony Rother - Brainshaker (Super Space Model)
Old 4th August 2007, 15:13   #1777  |  Link
molitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leak View Post
You need to hold down both keys you defined as "Activation keys" together with any of the other function keys.

If that doesn't work, try checking "Process keypresses even if not focused" which will make the hotkeys system-wide, which means they should work even if you're using some other app.

np: Anthony Rother - Brainshaker (Super Space Model)
Thanks Leak looked all over but didn't see any reference that you had to use 3 keys.
Old 4th August 2007, 19:08   #1778  |  Link
molitar

hello I am using a remote control software called UICE and it is very stable and easier to use than Girder and way cheaper.. Only $20 for it. Problem is that I have not had any luck with getting it to work with the ffdshow remote api. Could you please look at this software and see if you can figure out how to make it work with ffdshow? The download for the 30 day trial can be found here.
Old 6th August 2007, 18:47   #1779  |  Link
multiblitz

one quick question to the avisynth-professionals here: Currently I cant's use ffdshow for playback of hd-dvd as it does not get the 24fps-speed right, works only with 30fps, so video and audio are heavily out of sync. Is there a way to use avisynth to force ffdshow to play it with the right speed ? Would be great as I like to us some postprosseing even with hd-dvd...

THX for your patience & forgive me that ths a bit off-topic, but it sounds to me that here are all the experts who might have a solution...

Last edited by multiblitz; 6th August 2007 at 22:20.
multiblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2007, 18:50   #1780  |  Link
multiblitz

On the VC-1.Issue. I believe we have still the bug in both, the haali-splitter and ffdshow: HD_DVD is played back at 30fps instead of 24fps und so video and audio is heavily out of sync, which is a pitty. OUr has anyone found a solution to that yet ?
multiblitz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ffdshow, ffdshow tryouts, ffdshow-mt, ffplay, icl