Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs

Old 8th April 2010, 05:38   #1  |  Link
iwod

How to check if Rmvb is Anamorphic encoded?

Quote from Karl

Quote:
I just wanted to mention a feature in RealVideo 9 that is not well known, and quite useful for those high bitrate encodes. Most of you know what anamorphic means. If not, check out http://gregl.net/videophile/anamorphic.htm

The upsize feature in producer is not well documented, but what happens if you specify a resize size that is larger than your input video size, producer will not actually resize the video, but add a flag to the bitstream, such that the player will stretch the video to the desired size. This stretching is a high quality interpolation done by the video card without extra CPU overhead.
So while a Mediainfo or Media Player opening up as 720P resolution by default doesn't mean the actual Rmvb files is encoded as 720P resolution. I am just wondering if there is anyway to check the default encoded resolution before it is upsized?
iwod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2010, 04:10   #2  |  Link
roozhou

Play it in mplayer (using drvc.dll as decoder). You can find something like "VO: [gl] 720x480 => 872x480 Planar YV12" in cmdline. Here 720x480 is the encoded resolution, and 872x480 is the upsized resolution.

You can post a feature request to MediaInfo developer, but I am afraid it will not be implemented in the following few years unless you pay him.
roozhou is offline   Reply With Quote