Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 15th May 2008, 18:14   #321  |  Link
Herve66

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHB View Post
I have followed all the steps several times and in the end my m2ts (blu-ray structure) file has audio video off sync i have no idea how to fix it. can anyone help me.
Are you using eac3to for the original demux of the evo(s)? If not, give it a try. eac3to will adjust audio delay when writing the new, demuxed audio files.

eac3to FEATURE_1.EVO+FEATURE_2.EVO -demux

One must first open a dos window, change directory (cd) to the eac3to directory, then, when typing the above command, type the FULL PATH to each file in the series.
Herve66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2008, 20:39   #322  |  Link
OHB

did that this time around and just ran the vc1 file in vc1conv now about to feed it through scenarist again and see what that gives out
OHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2008, 22:07   #323  |  Link
OHB

ok so i tried it again (demux everything through eac3to) and then went through vc1conv and delaycut, created the mui files, ran them in hdmv, and still get audio video off sync. i also ran them through tsmuxergui and added a delay of 2000ms. audio starts late but some how gets ahead of the video again within 2 min of running. anyone know whats going on with this???

this is the timeline in the clip editor in scenarist

and another thing it shows that the vc1 file is profile 3. i'm going to be playing this on a ps3. do i not have to make it 4.1 for ps3 playability?
Attached Images

Last edited by OHB; 15th May 2008 at 23:59.
Old 16th May 2008, 07:42   #324  |  Link
n0mag!c
use 'r'

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHB View Post
it shows that the vc1 file is profile 3. i'm going to be playing this on a ps3. do i not have to make it 4.1 for ps3 playability?
4.1 concerns to H.264 video stream not to VC-1 stream.
n0mag!c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2008, 01:32   #325  |  Link
OHB

is there a way for me to slow down the audio so that it runs with the 23.976fps video?
Old 18th May 2008, 02:46   #326  |  Link
Herve66

This is a bit OT, so please forgive me.

I've demuxed a BD m2ts using eac3to and end up with a xxxx.h264 file and several audio and subtitle files.

I would like to use MUIgenerator to produce video ves and other files necessary for Scenarist to mux with the audio files that MUIGenerator has no problem whatsoever producing.

I figured that since the xxxx.h264 video file is demuxed from a BD m2ts file, the file should be of a proper format for MUIGenerator to easily produce the ves files, but MUIgenerator always gives an error and produces not a single file.

Before using MUIGenerator, I've tried simply changing the .h264 file extension to .avc and then inputting that file into MUIGenerator, and I've even tried using h264info to "convert" the h264 file to a file with the avc extension. Neither method works. MUIGenerator will simply not produce ves files from that xxxx.h264 file. (I've tried this on two different BD h264-encoded movies.)

The funny thing is that Tsmuxr can create a bd disk structure from the m2ts file, and Imgburn can create the iso, no problem, but the resulting iso has the occasional hiccup that HD-DVD-to-BD isos, that are finally muxed with Scenarist, never have.

Anyone had any luck getting MUIGenerator to produce ves files from an xxxx.h264 file that has been demuxed from an m2ts container?

Thanks

Last edited by Herve66; 18th May 2008 at 21:04. Reason: typo
Herve66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2008, 01:21   #327  |  Link
OHB

can anyone explain why i have a longer video coming out after using vc1conv? this is where my issues are coming from as i can get nothing working after this
Old 21st May 2008, 06:15   #328  |  Link
OHB

ok so after everything that i have been through with the entire process i decided to tryout tsmuxergui. i muxed from .evo to split to two .m2ts files and then muxed it again using the create blu-ray burned each set to dl+dvd and ran fine.
Old 22nd May 2008, 06:14   #329  |  Link
wdiceo

So, obviously this thread has knowledge with hddvd to blu ray,

so heres my question. I do not want to burn a blu-ray, I want my ending result file - the m2ts or m2t file to play from my network storage running twonky to stream to the ps3.

I did everything according to the guide at the beginning and get a big nasty corrupt data error.

So, obviously saying ps3 will play .m2ts or .ts streams is where im getting kicked in the butt. WHat do I have to do to take the end file from scenarist and make it so it will play off my Network Storage on my ps3?

I tried a couple different ways, end it im messing something up.
wdiceo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2008, 14:03   #330  |  Link
Beastie Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdiceo View Post
So, obviously saying ps3 will play .m2ts or .ts streams is where im getting kicked in the butt. WHat do I have to do to take the end file from scenarist and make it so it will play off my Network Storage on my ps3?
You don't need Scenarist. Use eac3to to produce a ac3 file and mkv file from your source EVOs or BR disc. If the video codec is VC1, use meGUI to convert the mkv to h264 raw stream (.264) using the PS3 profile.
Import the video (mkv or 264) and audio into tsMuxer and output to .ts.
Voila.

Cheers, Beastie.
Beastie Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2008, 02:20   #331  |  Link
wdiceo

Alright, tried above method. WORKED.. will play. But runs"slow" almost like a stutter...
tried with a h.264 file.

Any thoughts? Plays fine in cyberlink power dvd, synced fine. Could it be my router? Its a 10/100? Suggestions?
wdiceo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2008, 15:01   #332  |  Link
Beastie Boy

Do you have any way to play the file, or a portion of the file, connected directly to the PS3, perhaps using an external USB drive or pen drive. A 100Mbit wired connection should be fine, but at least you would know whether the file was working OK and if you need to start looking for network problems.
The TS file can be trimmed in tsMuxer.

Cheers, Beastie.
Beastie Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2008, 08:26   #333  |  Link
malgates

Hi,

I tired to convert the hd dvd DOOM to Blu-Ray. I used your guide until step 3. To convert the audio to ac3 I used eac3to. After that I just muxed the Audio and video with the mkvmerge gui. I get an new file that works with PowerDVD (the previous didn't) but it won't be played on the playstation 3.

Where did I go wrong? Is it even possible to Use the VC1 files on the PS3 without encoding it to H.264. I don't want to encode them because my Computer is to slow for that.

Is there a Programm that identifies the Fil and can tell me wether its Blu-Ray compliant or not?

Thx
malgates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2010, 22:53   #334  |  Link
Blu-Watcher

Cannot play converted HD-DVD once burned to BD

Doing all the converting as instructed (doing Dune) HD 2 BD the finished files work great in my Totalmedia Theater 3 and once burned to BD they work in the computer but when the disk is put 1n the Panasonic BD80 and a BD50 they will not run.

Has anyone got an idea why.

The burned selection is 24.3GB for one though incase size might be

Also I'm thinking no menu might be a problem

Or in the burning

Help
Thanks
Blu-Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2010, 17:27   #335  |  Link
Capsbackup

Maybe the issue is the Panasonic, as they can be picky as to what they will play back. Perhaps you could try your disc on another brand player, like Sony, and see if it plays. This could save you time and frustration trying to figure out if what you did was an acceptable conversion, just not for the Panasonic!
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2010, 18:13   #336  |  Link
Blu-Watcher

Problem there, live out in the country and don't know a soul that has a Blu-Ray machine.
Old 15th March 2010, 10:38   #337  |  Link
Ghitulescu

All Pannies behave the same and are a sort of "exception".
Try using multiAVCHD with "Panasonic/Viera output" and it will work.
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2010, 14:14   #338  |  Link
Blu-Watcher

At what point in the process from processing the video to just before burning are you suggesting to use this multiAVCHD program.
Old 15th March 2010, 14:25   #339  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-Watcher View Post
At what point in the process from processing the video to just before burning are you suggesting to use this multiAVCHD program.
First thing to try is to open mAVCHD and drag the BDMV/CERT folders from your finished BD onto it (that is, after copying these folders back onto a hard drive somewhere). When mAVCHD offers to Re-Author you say yes, then output again using Panny option.
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2010, 14:54   #340  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-Watcher View Post
Doing all the converting as instructed (doing Dune) HD 2 BD the finished files work great in my Totalmedia Theater 3 and once burned to BD they work in the computer but when the disk is put 1n the Panasonic BD80 and a BD50 they will not run.
Do you burn BDMV and CERTIFICATE folders to the disc or just some m2ts files. If you do the 2nd it will never work.

I think there is no "Panasonic" options for output in re-author mode, but you can do it in the normal authoring mode and get a menu.