Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Closed Thread

Old 16th May 2008, 14:39   #1941  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saint-francis View Post
No I haven't and it might work. But I don't think that messing around like that should be necessary. There are two ways to make the secondary monitor primary and I'm not comfortable with either of them. The safest is to plug it into the primary DVI port on my graphics card and this simply won't do because I would need to turn on my projector every time I wanted to access the BIOS, = PITA. Second I could set it as primary through CCC, which might be reasonable, but in the past has caused other issues for me with the other monitor not displaying my screen after a reboot.
I also don't really like the idea of changing primary/secondary monitors all the time. It also screws up the desktop icons, I think. The resolutions of my primary and secondary monitors do not match, which makes things especially troublesome for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saint-francis View Post
No. I just use overlay. I don't even know what you are talking about.
Open the "Output" settings tab of MPC HC and search for a checkbox called "Direct3D Fullscreen (remove tearing)". This is the single best feature of MPC HC for me...
Old 16th May 2008, 14:45   #1942  |  Link
Leak
ffdshow/AviSynth wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Open the "Output" settings tab of MPC HC and search for a checkbox called "Direct3D Fullscreen (remove tearing)". This is the single best feature of MPC HC for me...
But make sure to use "VMR9 Renderless" or "EVR Custom Presenter" as the renderer, because only those two support it...

np: Styrofoam - By Anybody Else I Mean You (A Short Album About Murder)
Old 16th May 2008, 16:43   #1943  |  Link
djrh

Anyone else having problems with h.264 STREAM and the INTERNAL decoder? The image starts as if I was looking at a chewed VHS tape, then it pixelates and it looks like a Picasso painting. The same happens in both XP (VMR9 and EVR) and Vista (EVR).

NOTE THAT h.264 files play flawlessly from my HDD. It is the stream that's messed up.

ALSO, if I use Cyberlink h.264 as external filter, the stream WORKS great (in both Vista and XP).

So it is either a bug or some settings that have to be adjusted.
Anyone?
Old 17th May 2008, 00:42   #1944  |  Link
Aleksoid1978

to Cassimir666 - h264 stream check for DXVA ...

to Casimir666 :

In FfmpegContext.c do checking on ref frames:
if (cur_sps->ref_frame_count > (1024*MAXDPB/((nWidth/16)*(nHeight/16)*384))) ...

But this is only for Level 4.1, I suggest to change on

if ((cur_sps->level_idc == 41) && (cur_sps->ref_frame_count > (1024*MAXDPB/((nWidth/16)*(nHeight/16)*384))))

and add check for level_idc<=41, because many rip is Level 5.1 and DXVA not work, I Have about 10 rip, where Level 5.1 and whan play - black screen and not play with DXVA

and other question:

#define MAXDPB 12288 // value for level 4.1

How to get MAXDPB for Level 3.1 ???
Old 17th May 2008, 01:42   #1945  |  Link
MatMaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksoid1978 View Post
and add check for level_idc<=41, because many rip is Level 5.1 and DXVA not work, I Have about 10 rip, where Level 5.1 and whan play - black screen and not play with DXVA
I disagree : most of the unrestricted (so level 5.1) stream can be read by dxva if the number of refs is ok : the only thing that can be problematic is overflows of the vbv buffer and I don't know if dxva decoding is restricted by that and/or if it is very common in usual streams.
Can you upload a stream which is problematic ?

Quote:
How to get MAXDPB for Level 3.1 ???
it is define in the annex A of the h264 standard.
it is 6750 for level 3.1
Old 17th May 2008, 03:21   #1946  |  Link
Aleksoid1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatMaul View Post
I disagree : most of the unrestricted (so level 5.1) stream can be read by dxva if the number of refs is ok : the only thing that can be problematic is overflows of the vbv buffer and I don't know if dxva decoding is restricted by that and/or if it is very common in usual streams.
Can you upload a stream which is problematic ?
Upload can't, but can say that a have 9 .mkv - Level 5.1, no one of them didn't work with DXVA. (transformers, X-Men 2,3 , Resident Evil and other downloading from torrent).

And how may know wich h264 with 5.1 level fine with DXVA ???

what parameters ??? number_of_refs ???
Old 17th May 2008, 08:58   #1947  |  Link
ACrowley

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeperry View Post
oops, of course you wanna disable the primary output when you use the secondary to watch movies
its disabled...

I have Tearing with all Renderes (more or less) ,all Decoders/Formats.
But only with DVI Port1 on a Samsung TFT 16:10 ( not caused by the TFT itself)

Via VGA / 2nd DVI Port = no Tearing
Old 17th May 2008, 09:09   #1948  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

Quote:
Upload can't, but can say that a have 9 .mkv - Level 5.1, no one of them didn't work with DXVA. (transformers, X-Men 2,3 , Resident Evil and other downloading from torrent).

the level defined in the h264 file says nothing about its compatibility with DXVA

Basically level5.1 in the header means the video is using a resolution higher than fullhd

That also means that all files out there with level 5.1 in the header are wrong according to the standard, i have never seen a real level 5.1 file in my life, but i know they exist in japan as they have next generation hdtv's
Old 17th May 2008, 11:33   #1949  |  Link
MatMaul

Quote:

yes please provide the number of refs, height and width of your streams. You can use Media Info to find them. I think all the streams which you are talking about will now be rejected by the MPC DXVA decoder (I mean since the rev512).
Old 17th May 2008, 13:09   #1950  |  Link
pdanpdan

Can anyone please compile a standalone mpcvideodec.ax video decoder filter. All my mkv files with subtitles crash mpc-hc when trying DXVA, and I'd like to try it from grapedit without the subtitles connecting.
Old 17th May 2008, 16:30   #1951  |  Link
_xxl
ffdshow user

@ All
I would like to do a list with all known bugs and issues for MPC-HC and add it to my first post.
Please send me a pm or post it on this thread.
Old 17th May 2008, 16:47   #1952  |  Link
mrtemp

Subtitles synchronisation lost with VMR9/EVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtemp View Post
what about this bug?
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index...61&atid=854651
for me subtitles working only with vmr7
version MPC-HC v1.0.11.0 is ok, but next releases are bugged
actually i use VSFilter.dll added as external filter for fix this problem

and sorry for my english
Old 17th May 2008, 18:52   #1953  |  Link
us1111

Something completely different.... Is there a way to keep the pan&scan setting persistent? I would like to play all my videos stretched to 16:9 but have to set it with every video file over again. I'm using the player with media portal and setting the stretch mode every time doesn't quite work well..
Old 17th May 2008, 19:36   #1954  |  Link
saint-francis
too much lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by _xxl View Post
@ All
I would like to do a list with all known bugs and issues for MPC-HC and add it to my first post.
Windows doesn't recognize MPC-HC full screen as full screen when paused, so when it's paused the power saving settings (if in pace) will still shut the monitor off or engage the screen saver. This doesn't happen with every other version of MPC I have used.
Old 17th May 2008, 19:39   #1955  |  Link
ADude

Quote:
Originally Posted by us1111 View Post
I would like to play all my videos stretched to 16:9
People are not fat enough as it is ??
Old 17th May 2008, 20:14   #1956  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by _xxl View Post
@ All
-There are problems with DVD navigation, some menu's are affected more than others.

-Playback of DXVA video content (all codecs, all resolutions) will sometimes lock up, a frame will keep repeating over and over, then the video continues like nothing happened.

-MPC-HC will randomly delete the external filter settings in the .ini file.

This last one seems to be fixed i'm not 100% sure yet, random macroblocking on DXVA content
Old 17th May 2008, 21:30   #1957  |  Link
Gawwad

first of all i want to thank the developers of MPC - HC for making such an amazing program
finally my dream of playing HD videos on my ancient computer became a reality !
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=136864

i just have a few questions to ask
with xp sp3, ati HD 2600XT and using VMR9 Renderless
i am able to play HD h264 videos profile 4.1 and lower with dxva enabled without any problems
but for profile 5.1, it seems that only 720p videos work
dxva doesn't seem to work with 1080p videos (hardware acceleration doesn't work)
is this normal ?
doesn't dxva support profile 5.1 h264 1080p videos ?
Old 17th May 2008, 21:39   #1958  |  Link
carnage_pl

Hi. First of all thanks for great player.
I also want to ask about decoding 1080p with 5.1 profile.
Besides what bothers me is why playing movies with DVXA in window mode is slowed down (audio is ok)? (in fullscreen everything works fine)

Old 17th May 2008, 21:47   #1959  |  Link
us1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADude View Post
People are not fat enough as it is ??
Well actualy stretching a person in the vertical direction usualy makes them thinner.. And yes, it would be nice if it's possible to make the pan&scan persistent.. If I remember correctly, in the past this was the case?
Old 17th May 2008, 21:54   #1960  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawwad View Post
first of all i want to thank the developers of MPC - HC for making such an amazing program
finally my dream of playing HD videos on my ancient computer became a reality !
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=136864

i just have a few questions to ask
with xp sp3, ati HD 2600XT and using VMR9 Renderless
i am able to play HD h264 videos profile 4.1 and lower with dxva enabled without any problems
but for profile 5.1, it seems that only 720p videos work
dxva doesn't seem to work with 1080p videos (hardware acceleration doesn't work)
is this normal ?
doesn't dxva support profile 5.1 h264 1080p videos ?
You do not have any level 5.1 file's, you're files are mislabeled as 5.1. (5.1 file's have resolutions of over 2000 pixels in height)

You are probably running into other issues such as non-mod16 height and/or width or more likely to many ref frames.
Maybe this should be added to the startpage....
Closed Thread

Tags
dxva, h264, home cinema, media player classic, mpc-hc