Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 16th November 2011, 16:51   #361  |  Link
Stereodude

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipsepix85 View Post
How can clown bd do that, unless you rip ,tsmux ect to a BR format , HDDVD'S dont naturally have a bdmv folder,...?
sorry ,.i'm still a blu format noob...
You can point ClownBD to a HD-DVD just like you can point it to a blu-ray. You don't have to convert or preprocess anything. Despite the name it knows how to handle / process a HD-DVD. So, if you've got AnyDVD HD running you can just point ClownBD to the HD-DVD drive in your system or point ClownBD to a folder on your hard drive containing a rip of a HD-DVD. The basic functionality of it is no different than when it's working with a blu-ray input.

The only potential pitfall of the whole process is that DD+ is not compatible with Blu-Ray, so ClownBD will convert it to LPCM 5.1 audio (which is big) if you set the audio options to leave it alone (ie: not turn it into AC3). LPCM is not an ideal audio format either because it's large and some BD players can't encode it to DD5.1 or DTS on the fly. So if you play the resulting BD disc in a system with only a SPDIF audio connection you only get 2 channel audio (and perhaps not even a 2 channel mixdown just L&R from the 5.1). FWIW, I think the BD spec requires an AC3 mix on the BD if it has LPCM 5.1 audio.
Stereodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2011, 21:42   #362  |  Link
eclipsepix85

SORRY FOR THE OMG !!! BUT, OMG THANKS STEREODUDE !!!!
I hadn't wanted to 'try' another program but ,. Clown is exactly what i was looking for !!
you even get a tsmuxed output if needed!!!
and unlike others, its gui and shows all the info so i can make decisions about what i want,..
i'm soooo surprised,. it's my new favorite program...

thanks,.your THE MAN !!!

more quest to follow im sure,.but so far soo good...
eclipsepix85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2011, 16:58   #363  |  Link
mrr19121970

You can also convert HD-DVD to standard DVD too.
mrr19121970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2011, 18:05   #364  |  Link
eclipsepix85

Still Looking for the Guide if ANYONE IS OUT THERE?
eclipsepix85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2011, 21:43   #365  |  Link
rapscallion
NY Frame of Mind

The guide is gone dude, totally outdated w/numerous steps that can now be completed quickly/efficiently in Tsmuxer. (post 35)

Don't waste your time by keep asking for a guide that GH doesn't even keep on his link anymore.

I doubt it would help to pm him (have you tried?) as he hasn't been around the forum since Aug.

Last edited by rapscallion; 22nd November 2011 at 21:46.
rapscallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2012, 18:26   #366  |  Link
Rich86

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@Blu-Watcher, @rick090

Hi!

I think you'll find it much easier and simpler to do the following in order to convert your ripped/decrypted HD-DVDs to BluRay:

1) Open tsMuxeR GUI
2) Click on the "Join" radiobutton and select the first "Feature".EVO. Repeat for each consecutive "Feature".EVO (usually just one more. Almost all HD-DVDs have the main movie comprised of two "Feature" .EVOs
3) Select "BluRay" at the bottom of the window.
4) Click the "Start Muxing" radiobutton
I know this is an old thread, but I'm hoping someone will look in here and maybe help me out.
I am trying to convert my "Anchorman" HD-DVD to blu-ray, figuring then I could also convert to DVD afterwards if I want using BD-RB. But I cannot make it work no matter what. Neither tsMuxer GUI nor Clown-BD nor MultiAVCHD will work. They all cannot seem to see the video and audio in the "Feature" EVOs. I know they are there as the disc plays fine, and when I run the Feature through EVOdemux, it finds & separates out all the video, audio and subtitles just fine. I ripped it to hard disc using DVDFab Passkey with no trouble and have been working from the hard disc files. Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated.
Rich86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2012, 19:13   #367  |  Link
rapscallion
NY Frame of Mind

If Evodemux separates them just fine, then why don't you just drag those files into Tsmuxer and join them ?
Old 15th March 2012, 19:17   #368  |  Link
Rich86

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapscallion View Post
If Evodemux separates them just fine, then why don't you just drag those files into Tsmuxer and join them ?
Wouldn't that just get me back to a HD-DVD with AVC video & DD+ audio and not really accomplish anything?
Old 15th March 2012, 19:29   #369  |  Link
rapscallion
NY Frame of Mind

NO...select the "Blu-ray" tab at the bottom and the output will be a Blu-ray structure with the feature in M2ts format.
If there is more than one main feature file, just select "join" (below "add" on the right hand side of the "input" screen.) when you add the 2nd file (or however many)

ie You've now converted HD-DVD to BD.
Old 15th March 2012, 20:31   #370  |  Link
Rich86

Quote:
NO...select the "Blu-ray" tab at the bottom and the output will be a Blu-ray structure with the feature in M2ts format.
If there is more than one main feature file, just select "join" (below "add" on the right hand side of the "input" screen.) when you add the 2nd file (or however many)

I very much appreciate you jumping in to try to help me with this.
The file types in the folder output from evodemux are: mpv (video), mpa (audio) & sup (subtitles). I can add the mpv file ok in tsmuxer gui, but get a "can't detect stream type" error when I try to add any of the audio or subtitle files from the directory. Clown-BD throws similar errors when I try to process this HD-DVD through it.

eac3to v3.24
1) -progressnumbers -LOG="C:\Temp\LOGS\eac3to_PASS2_LOG.LOG"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVO, 6 subtitle tracks, 1:37:16
1: Joined EVO file
2: Chapters, 20 chapters with names
3: Subtitle (DVD), English
4: Subtitle (DVD), English, "SDH"
5: Subtitle (DVD), French
6: Subtitle (DVD), Spanish
7: Subtitle (DVD), Portuguese
8: Subtitle (DVD), French, "FR forced"
The source file doesn't contain any video/audio tracks. <ERROR>

Is this a missing codec(s) issue maybe?
This is also a Win7Pro/64 machine, in case that has anything to do with it.

Last edited by Rich86; 16th March 2012 at 00:48.
Old 16th March 2012, 01:38   #371  |  Link
setarip_old

@Rich86

Hi!

1) What are the FULL 8.3 names and filesizes of the "Feature" files you are trying to process?

2) What version number of "tsMuxer GUI" are you using? - S/B 1.10.6

3) It is "tsMuxer GUI" you're using and not "tsRemux", isn't it?

Last edited by setarip_old; 16th March 2012 at 01:42.
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2012, 02:04   #372  |  Link
Rich86

Quote:
@Rich86

Hi!

1) What are the FULL 8.3 names and filesizes of the "Feature" files you are trying to process?

2) What version number of "tsMuxer GUI" are you using? - S/B 1.10.6

3) It is "tsMuxer GUI" you're using and not "tsRemux", isn't it?
1. see attached .jpg (AnchormanEVODemuxed) (well, NOT - this bloody site won't let me upload an image for some reason - says it isn't a valid image - 63kb .jpg?).
maybe someone can give me a clue about posting images?
2. yes - 1.10.6
3. yes - tsMuxeR GUI 1.10.6

Last edited by Rich86; 16th March 2012 at 02:31.
Old 16th March 2012, 02:36   #373  |  Link
setarip_old

It's only a couple of files ("Feature")- enter them here manually.

BTW - What software and procedures did you use to first decrypt the HD-DVD, before trying to convert the "movie-only"?
Old 16th March 2012, 02:46   #374  |  Link
Rich86

Quote:
It's only a couple of files ("Feature")- enter them here manually.

BTW - What software and procedures did you use to first decrypt the HD-DVD, before trying to convert the "movie-only"?
Sorry - I thought you wanted the files after being demuxed, which are quite a few . .

FEATURE_1.EVO 9841740
FEATURE_2.EVO 9828640

I use DVDFAB Passkey - copy to hard drive.

Also note that I cannot get this computer to play the files or disc either (trying to use an old PowerDVD 7 Ultra) - maybe it's a Windows 7 issue? But they ripped perfectly fine, so the disc is fine?

Maybe I should roll the whole mess over to an older WinXP box and try there?
Old 16th March 2012, 02:53   #375  |  Link
setarip_old

I could be mistaken, but I don't believe Passkey can be used for ripping HD-DVDs. Your copied files may still be encrypted.

Try using (as you likely do for BD-RB) either AnyDVDHD or DVDFabHD Decrypter...
Old 16th March 2012, 06:42   #376  |  Link
Rich86

Quote:
I could be mistaken, but I don't believe Passkey can be used for ripping HD-DVDs. Your copied files may still be encrypted.

Try using (as you likely do for BD-RB) either AnyDVDHD or DVDFabHD Decrypter...
No, it looks like Passkey does handle HD-DVD - based on info in their forum + the HD-DVD setup tab info in Passkey.
I'm going to try a different HD-DVD and see if it is something specific to this title maybe? If that yields nothing, I'll move the drive over to the older WinXP box and experiment there. More info to come . . .
Update: a different title (Batman Begins) is no better. Will move drive, etc. to the older WinXP box tomorrow for testing.
Update: working on the WinXP box now - I think setarip_old may be correct about DVDFab Passkey not properly decrypting this HD-DVD. I'm testing with both Passkey & AnyDVDHD today . . more info to come . .

Last edited by Rich86; 16th March 2012 at 18:53.
Old 16th March 2012, 20:47   #377  |  Link
Rich86

Quote:

These are probably pretty basic questions - but be patient with someone not familiar with this process please.
Once I have demuxed the main feature .evo to hard disc, I end up with 1 video file (the program seems to combine both of the Feature.evo files on its own), + a number of audio and sub-title files. When I use tsmuxer gui to remux & convert, do I "add" all these files or "join" these files?
Update: it appears setarip_old is absolutely correct . . in spite of Passkey appearing to support HD-DVD, I expect it doesn't, as the files ripped via AnyDVDHD are working under WinXP (haven't tried them on the Win7Pro64 box), whereas the files from a Passkey rip do not work on either machine.
Update: tsmuxer gui - adding the audio files seems to work, but it doesn't want to take the subtitles. The output of tsmuxer gui looks fine (BD format audio + video) except no subtitles.
Update: trying Clown_BD now also on the WinXP box. it appears to be happy with the video, audio and subtitle files, but we'll see . . .
Success! Clown_BD processed the ripped HD-DVD title just fine & created a fine looking BD format movie (1 multi channel DD audio + 2 english subtitles).
And now BD-RB has created a DVD-5 of that BD structure.
I posted a comment on the DVDFab forum about the Passkey problem with HD-DVD. Hopefully a DVDFab technician will see it and look into it.

Last edited by Rich86; 17th March 2012 at 01:02.
Old 17th March 2012, 05:06   #378  |  Link
setarip_old

@Rich86

Glad to hear that our suggestions helped resolve your dilemma ;>}

Last edited by setarip_old; 17th March 2012 at 16:00.
Old 17th March 2012, 06:30   #379  |  Link
Rich86

Quote:
@Rich86

Glasd to hear that our suggestions helped resolve your dilemma ;>}
Yes - many thanks!