Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12th January 2012, 16:03   #161  |  Link
phate89

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtm View Post
Posted the wrong file the first time so I'm posting this again. If you were quick enough to grab it, download again before testing.

I'm still working on getting pushed the extra CLI output, the change to the delay/cutting behavior and a few other cleanups, but here, mirror here is an intermediate test version that has the rounding fixes, the hang fix for Selur's file, fixes the GUI so the CRC options will enable when they should. Let me know if you find any regressions, new bugs, etc. I promise to get the rest of the stuff finished soon.
I use a lot the tool to cut at the start OR at the end of the audio.. but to do that i always have to set manually the end of the file or use command line... can you make the program take the audio to the end if the end cut is 0 instead of prompting an error?

edit:
unother bug:
i run this command:
delaycut -startsplit 400000 audio.ac3
to an ac3 in a 41 min length video and the creation enter in a loop... i kill delaycut.exe when the output file reach the 10 gb size.. the same even if i add a -endsplit 500000.. did you change default to frames or secs?
Edit2:
seems that the command line is completely screwed up.. nothing works..i tried with -endsplit 500 and it considers it like seconds by default.. if i force seconds with -inputtype seconds -endsplit 500 is out of range so it goes in infinite loop and the size of the file keeps growing..

Last edited by phate89; 12th January 2012 at 16:42.
phate89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2012, 16:35   #162  |  Link
amtm

Quote:
Originally Posted by phate89 View Post
I use a lot the tool to cut at the start OR at the end of the audio.. but to do that i always have to set manually the end of the file or use command line... can you make the program take the audio to the end if the end cut is 0 instead of prompting an error?
I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phate89 View Post
edit:
unother bug:
i run this command:
delaycut -startsplit 400000 audio.ac3
to an ac3 in a 41 min length video and the creation enter in a loop... i kill delaycut.exe when the output file reach the 10 gb size.. the same even if i add a -endsplit 500000.. did you change default to frames or secs?
No, I didn't change anything. I ran that same first command and can't reproduce that. It finishes normally. Can you post the file that is triggering that? The 4 sample ac3 files I pulled down from mplayer's sample files don't trigger that.
Old 12th January 2012, 16:43   #163  |  Link
phate89

seems that the command line is completely screwed up.. probably the conversion between unit measures is the problem...i tried with -endsplit 500 and it considers it like seconds by default ( it gives me a 8 min 20 secs file audio ignoring the -startsplit).. if i force seconds with -inputtype seconds -endsplit 500 is out of range so it goes in infinite loop and the size of the file keeps growing..
(probably the infinite loop happens if you gave out of range frame values)
Old 12th January 2012, 16:43   #164  |  Link
amtm

I've finally triggered the cut not working right issue but no infinite loop as it will always finish. I'll look into it when I get home.

Edit: It's weird because certain values work but others don't.

Last edited by amtm; 12th January 2012 at 16:47.
Old 12th January 2012, 16:50   #165  |  Link
phate89

Quote:
I've finally triggered the cut not working right issue but no infinite loop as it will always finish. I'll look into it when I get home.
probably the infinite loop is when there's a file of 1 min and you ask to cut from 2 to 3 mins... it didn't find the original audio and it keeps creating it..
Btw from command line milliseconds are considered seconds... and seconds are considered something bigger.. if i do:
-inputtype milliseconds -endsplit 500 it creates me a 500 secs file, if i set -inputtype seconds -endsplit 500 it creates a 5000 seconds file...
this is the reason of the loop.. it pass values bigger than it should.. so sometimes this value goes over the end of the file.. and when it does it starts looping
Old 12th January 2012, 16:51   #166  |  Link
amtm

Remembering now, I have other CLI fixes still only locally committed because I know I was testing the CLI and it was working fine because I was testing this exact issue with only startsplit being specified. I'll get those pushed to github and rebuild tonight.
Old 13th January 2012, 01:16   #167  |  Link
amtm

So the error wasn't actually CLI related. It was a logic error introduced in calculating the target info. I've fixed it locally and will push to github and post a new testing version momentarily.
Old 13th January 2012, 02:11   #168  |  Link
amtm

New version here and mirrored here. Fixes some the issue mentioned by phate due to some logic errors, has some additional CLI fixes and changes the behavior of the cut/delay text fields so that they will only repopulate with a 0 when empty when focus is lost so that it won't insert a 0 if you are trying to clear the field to type in a new value which was annoying. If there are no more issues to report I will get the rest of the CLI output finished and implement the new cut/delay behavior and I'll push out the full release.

Last edited by amtm; 13th January 2012 at 02:22.
Old 13th January 2012, 11:27   #169  |  Link
phate89

Quote:
New version here and mirrored here. Fixes some the issue mentioned by phate due to some logic errors, has some additional CLI fixes and changes the behavior of the cut/delay text fields so that they will only repopulate with a 0 when empty when focus is lost so that it won't insert a 0 if you are trying to clear the field to type in a new value which was annoying. If there are no more issues to report I will get the rest of the CLI output finished and implement the new cut/delay behavior and I'll push out the full release.
Tried...the timing and the single switch problem are fixed...great!
But i think you have to add a check to avoid the loop if i enter an -endsplit bigger than the length of the track... if it is bigger you should prompt an error or simply copy the file...
It's very annoying to have to kill the process to stop it and someone can't realize why they have suddenly the hard disk full..
Old 13th January 2012, 15:16   #170  |  Link
amtm

Argh, I meant to put that in and forgot. Fixing that now.
Old 13th January 2012, 15:36   #171  |  Link
amtm

I've put in the check to cap the endsplit value to the duration if it's larger, yet testing on the previous version I can't get it to trigger it to write forever as you mention it does. It just stops when it reaches EOF when trying to read the file. The loop that happens when you process either runs until it hits the end frame value or when EOF happens, so the extra check I added should not be needed, which means your file is not properly triggering an EOF in the loop. Can you post the file you are using that can trigger it running forever?
Old 13th January 2012, 15:48   #172  |  Link
amtm

Last test version before pushing a new bug fix release. Can be downloaded here and mirrored here. Let me know of any other issues.

Last edited by amtm; 15th January 2012 at 06:01.
Old 14th January 2012, 23:43   #173  |  Link
phate89

Quote:
I've put in the check to cap the endsplit value to the duration if it's larger, yet testing on the previous version I can't get it to trigger it to write forever as you mention it does. It just stops when it reaches EOF when trying to read the file. The loop that happens when you process either runs until it hits the end frame value or when EOF happens, so the extra check I added should not be needed, which means your file is not properly triggering an EOF in the loop. Can you post the file you are using that can trigger it running forever?
i understand now.. it's not a loop... it's the file that don't stop when it reach the end of the file.. so bigger it is the -endsplit and bigger the file is..
with the old bug the value i put was considered bigger than it should so it seems was an endless loop... because the end file was too big and i stop the file before..

i tried with a 41 m file.. if i do this command:
Code:
delaycut -endsplit 400000 audio.ac3
it takes 6 min 40 secs (right)
if i do
Code:
delaycut -endsplit 4000000 audio.ac3
it creates a file of 1 h and 6 minutes (the file is 41 mins so the rest is silence)

this with the new method of counting delays should be avoided i think..
Old 14th January 2012, 23:46   #174  |  Link
amtm

That's definitely wrong since it should run equal length of time even with the larger endsplit. Can you open that file in the GUI and give it that larger split value then paste what it says for the target info? Like I said, if the endsplit value goes beyond the actual length of the file processing should stop when it hits EOF regardless of the change I did.
Old 14th January 2012, 23:53   #175  |  Link
phate89

Quote:
That's definitely wrong since it should run equal length of time even with the larger endsplit. Can you open that file in the GUI and give it that larger split value then paste what it says for the target info? Like I said, if the endsplit value goes beyond the actual length of the file processing should stop when it hits EOF regardless of the change I did.
Code:
====== INPUT FILE INFO ===============
File is            ac3
Bitrate  (kbit/s)  384
Act rate (kbit/s)  384.000
File size (bytes)  120540672
Channels mode      3/2: L+C+R+SL+SR
Sampling Frec      48000
Low Frec Effects   LFE: Present
Duration           00:41:51.264
Frame length (ms)  32.000000
Frames/second      31.250000
Num of frames      78477
Bytes per Frame    1536.0000
Size % Frame size  0
CRC present:       YES
======================================
====== TARGET FILE INFO ==============
Start Frame        0
End Frame          125000
Num of Frames      125001
Duration           01:06:40.032
NotFixedDelay      0.0000
======================================
Old 15th January 2012, 01:36   #176  |  Link
amtm

Ahh, I found the problem. Fixing it.
Old 15th January 2012, 06:02   #177  |  Link
amtm

Fixed. Once again can be grabbed here and mirrored here.

Last edited by amtm; 15th January 2012 at 18:02.
Old 15th January 2012, 11:39   #178  |  Link
phate89

Quote:
Fixed. Once again can be grabbed here and mirrored here.
Tried.. the file it isn't bigger everytime but it still adds a frame..
if the original audio is 100 frames the program took from 0 to 100 frames.. increasing of 1 frame the size..

Last edited by phate89; 15th January 2012 at 13:36.
Old 15th January 2012, 18:09   #179  |  Link
amtm

Slightly reworked it. Now it shouldn't round up a frame anymore. Download here and mirrored here.
Old 16th January 2012, 10:18   #180  |  Link
phate89

Quote:
Slightly reworked it. Now it shouldn't round up a frame anymore. Download here and mirrored here.
Seems that almost all bugs were fixed...