Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 25th October 2010, 01:25   #8701  |  Link
JMGNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMGNYC View Post
I am trying to rip a blu-ray to and iPad compatible MP4 (720p) that can also do double duty on my HTPC with 5.1 audio. I am hoping to get forced subtitles as well as chapter markers. It's the chapter markers that is driving me crazy. I just can't seem to find any setting or option for them although RipBot obviously know they're there? Am I missing something obvious or does RipBot just not do chapter markers?
I thought I'd try to bump this once since I didn't get any replies. Are chapter markers just not possible in MP4s with RipBot?
JMGNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2010, 03:22   #8702  |  Link
toaddoom

3 channel audio problem?

I apologize for my delay in posting this but I wanted to bring this to your attention and see if it is an issue. A couple of months ago, I had two videos that I was recoding from Blu-ray to MKV. I had the option to choose either the 3-channel audio or a single channel audio version of the movie. When I chose the 3-channel audio version, Ripbot would finish completely (after about 5 or 6 hours work) and not report any error messages, however there would be no output file. If I chose the single channel audio and kept every other option the same, the recoding would work, no problem. This was true of both movies that I tried that had foreign language 3-channel audio. Here are the files that pertain to both options (from one of the movies) for you to examine, screenshots and logs included...

http://www.sheldon.com/pop/ripbot264...d-3channel.zip

http://www.sheldon.com/pop/ripbot264...glechannel.zip

Thank you for making such a useful and amazing program!!!

T

Windows 7 x64
toaddoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2010, 18:44   #8703  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
--slices 4 and --min-keyint 1 --keyint 24.
--sclices 4 divides frame by 4. Each splice is decoded independently by decoder. (Multithreading decoding)
--keyint 24 forces key frame every second. Short gop reduces compression and may cause 'frame pulsing' issue with low bitrate.

As you can see strict blu-ray profile will give worse quality than regular 4.0. Your choice

Quote:
I thought I'd try to bump this once since I didn't get any replies. Are chapter markers just not possible in MP4s with RipBot?
Ripbot264 extracts and imports chapters automatically.

@toaddoom
job1_log.txt from /Logs/ folder would be more useful.

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 25th October 2010 at 18:56.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2010, 00:12   #8704  |  Link
JMGNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Ripbot264 extracts and imports chapters automatically.
Yes, it seems to put chapter markers in MP4s for playback in VLC where you can skip to the next chapter.

What I was looking for though is the chapter list pop-up when playing back on Apple devices like and iPad or in iTunes. The typical "Digital Copy" mp4/m4v you get with a BD or DVD has this and I wanted to see if I could get it with RipBot. Handbrake does it but it doesn't do BDs of course.
JMGNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2010, 00:18   #8705  |  Link
pacaveli211

thanks for the reply atak, I see what you mean that they'd make it worse.
seems like it'd be better to let the key frames be made whenever necessary....not every second
and the slice thing just seems unnecessary
so I guess I'll just leave my 4.1 profile as is! thnx again for the info
pacaveli211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2010, 05:28   #8706  |  Link
pacaveli211

why would I pay $45.00 for that software when....
-it probably doesn't work as efficiently/effectively (I'm assuming it doesn't use x264)
-pretty much everything for hd encoding / muxing is freeware
-you're attempting to solicit sales in a support forum
?
Old 27th October 2010, 07:06   #8707  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Ad bot.

Reported to moderators.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2010, 00:38   #8708  |  Link
toaddoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
@toaddoom
job1_log.txt from /Logs/ folder would be more useful.
I think this is from the second movie that also didn't work. It looks like it failed because "audio.aac' has unknown type".

Thank you for your help with this.

T
Attached Files
File Type: txt Job1_log.txt (5.9 KB, 35 views)
toaddoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2010, 13:07   #8709  |  Link
edelgiud

Does anyone know why the UI on my RipBot264 is messed up as in picture attached here. There is no text in the list boxes and see that corruption near the CQ quality area? Thanks.
Attached Images

edelgiud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2010, 15:54   #8710  |  Link
iSeries

Hi,

I've created my own profile, which includes the parameters --keyint 24 --min-keyint 1. However, after encoding I checked the job log and it says --min-keyint 24 --keyint 240 as well as my parameters. When encoding what is it using? Example command from log:

D:\>"C:\Program Files\RipBot264\tools\x264\x264_x86.exe" "D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs" --crf 18 --fps 24000/1001 --force-cfr --min-keyint 24 --keyint 240 --sar 1:1 --preset medium --tune film --level 4.1 --b-pyramid strict --open-gop bluray --me umh --weightp 0 --partitions all --qpmin=0 --sar 1:1 --aud --nal-hrd vbr --pic-struct --vbv-bufsize 30000 --keyint 24 --min-keyint 1 --ipratio 1.1 --pbratio 1.1 --vbv-maxrate 35000 --threads auto --slices 4 --thread-input --output "D:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264"
iSeries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2010, 17:07   #8711  |  Link
pacaveli211

Quote:
I've created my own profile, which includes the parameters --keyint 24 --min-keyint 1.
why......Atak and I both just discussed this saying a profile/encode is better off without these
maybe if you used a bluray player you'd want these...but your use of crf indicates that's not the case

does your profile still have the correct switches?
I see the correct switches in your log there, as well as the alternate ones. the 24/240 I think is x264's default
Old 28th October 2010, 17:31   #8712  |  Link
iSeries

Hi,

The reason is simple - at the moment I am playing back through my PC, but in the future I may want to remux to blu ray structure and burn to disc to play in a stand-alone player. Therefore blu ray compatibility is essential for me. Normally I would encode 2-pass, but as per my original post, this is an example log to demonstrate my question (basically I'm testing the profile at the moment).

The question is, is 24/240 being used, or are my settings over-riding them? How can I tell?

Last edited by iSeries; 28th October 2010 at 21:55.
Old 29th October 2010, 02:16   #8713  |  Link
juramirez

I'm having a problem with some subtitles. The .idx file it's creating has negative timings, and apparently matroksa doesn't handle those properly, so the subtitles aren't showing. I tried fixing them with SubResync, but short of manually editing each single timing, I can't figure out how to do it. Halp?
juramirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2010, 02:39   #8714  |  Link
pacaveli211

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSeries View Post
Hi,

The reason is simple - at the moment I am playing back through my PC, but in the future I may want to remux to blu ray structure and burn to disc to play in a stand-alone player. Therefore blu ray compatibility is essential for me. Normally I would encode 2-pass, but as per my original post, this is an example log to demonstrate my question (basically I'm testing the profile at the moment).

The question is, is 24/240 being used, or are my settings over-riding them? How can I tell?
oh, good idea. I'm not sure on your keyframe issue. All of my encodes have been done without having them though, and they still play.
You do also know that video needs to be 1920x1080 or 1280x720 (there are a couple others but those are the main 2) for bluray compliance, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by juramirez View Post
I'm having a problem with some subtitles. The .idx file it's creating has negative timings, and apparently matroksa doesn't handle those properly, so the subtitles aren't showing. I tried fixing them with SubResync, but short of manually editing each single timing, I can't figure out how to do it. Halp?
I've done negative timings with audio before but never tried it with subtitles, mkvmerge might consider it a 'video track'. I can tell you than you can easily edit timecodes using a subtitle tool such as subtitle workshop. or specifically for your case it even has a 'delay' setting where you can put in negative delay
Old 29th October 2010, 07:18   #8715  |  Link
Keno1982

Hi,

I have a Blu-ray structure on my hdd. I want to convert it to mkv. I have converted another source before and it was successful. But i have a problem now.
I've opened the source with ripbot. The program analyzed the source and gave me a panel with some choice. There is about 10 audio track in the list. I only want the english DTS. I chosed it then clicked OK. After that ripbot started to demux. After demux i got the main window of ripbot. I set the video size and the method...etc. But i could not choose the "direct steam copy" in the audio section if I clicked on the mkv format. Only if i choose the avchd format. In mkv format ripbot wants to convert the audio to ac3 os something else. I searched the temporary files and I found that the demuxed video is in mkv format already but the demuxed DTS has a .w36 (im not sure but someting like this) extension.

I have tried another way. In that panel where i choosed the dts audio there was an FLAC switch. I have tried that too. I switched it on and restart the entire process. It started to demux but insted of 20 minutes it ran all night but there was no result. I just saw the "Gathering information..." string.

Anyone can help?

thx
Keno1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2010, 08:23   #8716  |  Link
iSeries

Hi pacaveli211 - yes of course, I'm not cropping the video at all.

If 24/240 is default to x264, or even to either --preset medium or --level 4.1, I wouldn't have expected to see it in the log as an additional parameter? I thought I'd only see it in the log if I've specifically typed these parameters in my command line - which I obviously did with 1/24 to over-ride the default. I have a feeling that RipBot is entering 24/240 in my command line. Atak, could you confirm if this is the case?

EDIT: I asked this question over at Doom10 and someone replied that if there are duplicate options in the command line, x264 will use the ones given last.

Last edited by iSeries; 29th October 2010 at 10:49.
Old 29th October 2010, 12:30   #8717  |  Link
edelgiud

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelgiud View Post
Does anyone know why the UI on my RipBot264 is messed up as in picture attached here. There is no text in the list boxes and see that corruption near the CQ quality area? Thanks.

For the record, I had to take the \Tools\Fonts\consola.ttf and install it in the C:\windows\fonts folder and all is back to normal. Tx.
edelgiud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2010, 15:23   #8718  |  Link
pacaveli211

-Keno1982
ripbot doesn't support copying HD audio tracks. if you want the HD track, or just the core even, you'll need to do some work outside of ripbot
for the full HD track, encode the video only and then mux it in after the encode
if you just want the core, use tsMuxeR or eac3to to extract the core and then choose that as your audio track with ripbot
it will allow you to 'copy stream' with it
Old 29th October 2010, 16:39   #8719  |  Link
Keno1982

-pacaveli211

thx.
i have read a lot of things about it an you're right.
But I have another problem now. I tried to put my files to TSMuxer but I have 120 files in the stream directory. TS muxer dont allow multiple drag and drop. How can I easily demux the DTS audio from the entire movie?
Keno1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2010, 04:46   #8720  |  Link
pacaveli211

most blurays have the main movie in a single m2ts file (it's going to be the 25GB+ one, switch your folder view to details)
if you're still unsure or if you have a bluray which has seamless branching (which will usually have multiple m2ts for the main movie)
you can scan it with BDinfo and find which playlist is for the main movie and then drop that into tsmuxer
also...when demuxing audio from a bluray with seamless branching you may want to use eac3to in case of audio overlaps

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360