Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation

Old 14th May 2013, 16:07   #1  |  Link
walruss

DVD Dectypter error "EAccessViolation"

Got this error when I was gonna do a backup of a DVD with DVD Decrypter

InterfaceThread Runtime Exception!
Message = EAccessViolation

I have tryed using AnyDVD at the same time as DVD Decrypter
and I have tryed different DVD Rippers like DVDFab 9 and CloneDVD2 but they didn't work.

Got any solution to my problem?

EDIT

Now DVDFab 9 worked but it only rips the menu, nothing more..

Last edited by walruss; 14th May 2013 at 16:34.
walruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2013, 19:26   #2  |  Link
setarip_old

Hi!

Probably a conflict of the ancient DVD Decrypter and your undoubtedly far more modern O/S.

You might want to try the venerable, yet still functional DVDShrink...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2013, 18:54   #3  |  Link
ggtop

Hi walruss,

you're mixing apples with oranges. Ripping is the process to get all the data off a Video DVD removing all sorts of copy protections.
CloneDVD is not a ripper. Fab can rip but also all sort of other things such as compressing and/or converting into different formats.

DVDDecrypter and AnyDVD are rippers whereby AnyDVD acts also as a driver to serve the data on the disc "unprotected" to the operating system.

Therefore using DVDDecrypter in conjuction with AnyDVD doesn't make real sense because they do the same thing.
BUT DVDDecrypter is not updated since many years and does not support newer copy protections. If you have AnyDVD intsalled simply right click on the Fox icon in your tray and select rip to disc. This takes some minutes and you're done.

If you really have the need for DVDDecrypter because it supports stream- and ifo-processing and some other goodies here you have a guide for the right settings:

http://adubvideo.net/how-to/anydvd-dvd-decrypter

Have fun

ggtop
ggtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2013, 22:39   #4  |  Link
manolito

My experience using AnyDVD and DVDDecrypter together is quite different from what Adub suggests in his tutorial. Adub basically gives you the advice to disable all of DVDDecrypters built-in copy protection removing features, because AnyDVD already does this.

To me it seems that Adub did not understand the philosophy behind AnyDVD at all. AnyDVD is a filter driver which sits between the DVD drive and the software used to rip or read data from the drive. It is completely transparent to this software, the software sees a DVD which is unprotected.

In my experience it is totally unnessecary to change any settings in DVDDecrypter. If AnyDVD is running, the DVD looks like it is unprotected to DVDDecrypter, so all decrypting features of DVDDecrypter are simply not used.

Cheers
manolito
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2013, 21:22   #5  |  Link
ggtop

I don't agree with you. The outcome for the usage of more than 1 ripper is unpredictable.
I'm sure neither DVDDecrypter nor AnyDVD were designed and tested to work on top of each other.

My experience is the following: I'm still a fan of RipIt4Me, because it has some useful algorithms to clean a disc from unused stuff. And despite the fact nearly 90% of all discs are still working I wondered if DVDDecrypter will break the rest them with AnyDVD in the background.
But it didn't...simply because there are discs that cannot be "unprotected" on-the-fly. Normal de-css is no problem but that can be done with DVDD anyway.

If I had the need to process a DVD with DVDD (because of its advanced features) that could not be processed by it naturally I strongly recommend to do that after ripping with inbuild AnyDVDRipper.

ggtop

Last edited by ggtop; 20th May 2013 at 21:27.
Old 21st May 2013, 14:46   #6  |  Link
manolito

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggtop View Post
But it didn't...simply because there are discs that cannot be "unprotected" on-the-fly.
Can you back this up with some examples?

Of course there might be the occasional new DVD which employs some improved protection tweak, but usually within a few days (maybe a week) the folks at Slysoft will release a new version of AnyDVD which will hande this new protection on-the-fly...

Cheers
manolito
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2013, 15:04   #7  |  Link
Ghitulescu

Has any of you the knowledge of a shrewd DVD that cannot be ripped by "normal" rippers and sometimes even the duade of AnyDVD/DVDFab need to be upgraded? Movies that I might have or buy ...
Please, not Kick Ass or similar movies ....
Old 21st May 2013, 18:13   #8  |  Link
ggtop

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolito View Post
Can you back this up with some examples?
I'm not 100% sure which movie it was. Maybe Pirates of the Carribbien 4. I setup DVDD the way Adub described and used RipIt4Me then.
With the latest release Slysoft got Jack Reacher working. They introduced some sort of pre-ripping stage to identify used from unused stuff. I hardly can believe this one would work on-the-fly.

However I will try with the next discs and post back.

@Ghitulescu: You know that they introduce strange protections mostly on blockbusters and if you dislike Kick-Ass it is very likely to you don't have such discs. But you could try "Das Parfum" or "Die Päpstin". BTW I am speaking of full backups, not only main movie. And I prefer to have a ripper that processes a disc out of the box. I don't want to rip it cell or sector-wise and author afterwards in order to skip protected sectors or things like that.

ggtop

Last edited by ggtop; 21st May 2013 at 18:19.
Old 23rd May 2013, 12:58   #9  |  Link
Ghitulescu

I have both.
So far I had no issues with Disney (I think the last one was Princess and frog and Alice before it).
I'll do a test when I'll have some time.
Old 12th June 2013, 22:22   #10  |  Link
ggtop

I came across "Flight" last week. RipIt4Me reported an overall disc size of 70GB+ for this title so I used inbuilt AnyDVD Ripper to put the files on HDD which went fine.

Afterwards I used different methods for ripping:
1. DVDD with AnyDVD enabled: The result is slighty different after loading in VOBBlanker. While AnyDVD ripper ignored some VTSses DVDD didn't but VOBBlanker indicates that a full mock strip would end with the same final disc size. That was better than I excepted however I had to skip several warnings about on-the-fly ifo/bup patching and a VTS that still seemed to be CSS/CPPM encrypted which could be ignored (bogus titleset and ignored by VOBBlanker).

2. RipIt4Me on top of AnyDVD: Same result as above. Still Messages popping up regarding ifo/bup file patching (which can be disabled through DVDD settings I think)

3. RipIt4Me alone: VTS holding the main movie bigger than excepted output because some V/C were not removed. But was to be be excepted. Re-authoring would be needed.

Conclusion: Better than excepted but the use of DVDD on top of AnyDVD had no advantage. Quite the contrary I had to care for warnings.
AND the overall ripping speed was significantly reduced compared to AnyDVD ripper or DVDD alone.

Cheers,

ggtop

Last edited by ggtop; 12th June 2013 at 22:26.
Old 17th June 2013, 00:18   #11  |  Link
setarip_old

@walruss

Won't you please be good enough to tell us the title of this problematic commercial DVD?
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote