Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 19th December 2013, 23:19   #441  |  Link
jpsdr

Typical could be :
In .cpp file :
Code:
extern "C" void fn(void *ptr,ptrdiff_t pitch);
x86 asm file :
Code:
fn proc ptr:dword,pitch:dword

public fn

push ebx

mov ebx,ptr
           mov ecx,pitch.
           mov eax,dword ptr[ebx+ecx]
x64 asm file :
Code:
fn proc public frame

push rbx
	.pushreg rbx
	.endprolog

mov rbx,rcx
           mov rcx,rdx
           mov eax,dword ptr[rbx+rcx]           
Note : In x64 the 3 first parameters are passed in registers rcx (ptr) and rdx (pitch) and r8d but not here because there is only 2 parameters.

Will work without issue for positive and negative pitch in both x86 and x64.

If you have this instead :
In .cpp file :
Code:
extern "C" void fn(void *ptr,int pitch);
x86 asm file :
Code:
fn proc ptr:dword,pitch:dword

public fn

push ebx

mov ebx,ptr
           mov ecx,pitch.
           mov eax,dword ptr[ebx+ecx]
No change, still working.

x64 asm file :
Code:
fn proc public frame

push rbx
	.pushreg rbx
	.endprolog

mov rbx,rcx
           xor rcx,rcx
           mov ecx,edx
Will not work on negative pitch !!!

Issue can be with negative value in asm functions. If you pass in x64 mode to an asm function a pointer (on 64 bits) and a pitch but on 32 bits for it, it will work only on positive value.
In VDub pitch can be negative. If in avisynth pitch is always positive, issues may not occurs.
Old 19th December 2013, 23:25   #442  |  Link
jpsdr

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboPascal7 View Post
If you plan on going external...
My purpose is to try to do the same thing i've already done with my VDub filters : One cpp file working for both x86 and x64, 2 asm files (one x86 and one x64).
Will i success ? That's another story.
Old 19th December 2013, 23:41   #443  |  Link
TurboPascal7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsdr View Post
My purpose is to try to do the same thing i've already done with my VDub filters : One cpp file working for both x86 and x64, 2 asm files (one x86 and one x64).
Why two asm files when you can do this in one, simply abstracting register names and maybe some other things?
But whatever works for you, I guess.
Old 20th December 2013, 01:02   #444  |  Link
foxyshadis
Angel of Night

Some x64 asm can definitely benefit from the extra registers, but so few that the maintenance cost of two asm functions usually outweighs it. Even more so when you start optimizing for various architectures (SSE2, SSSE3, AVX) and 16-bit depth. x86inc is SO useful, and x86util does handy work papering over some more differences. You really should consider using them, you might be surprised.
Old 20th December 2013, 08:45   #445  |  Link
ajp_anton

Could you make so imagesource returns the original colorspace, e.g. jpeg images encoded in 4:2:0 or 4:4:4, instead of converting them to RGB?
Perhaps with the argument pixel_type="original", if you want to keep it compatible with old scripts that assume RGB.
Old 20th December 2013, 10:47   #446  |  Link
ultim
AVS+ Dev

Quote:
x64 asm file :
Code:
fn proc public frame

push rbx
	.pushreg rbx
	.endprolog

mov rbx,rcx
           xor rcx,rcx
           mov ecx,edx
Will not work on negative pitch !!!
You could just sign extend your edx into rcx to solve this "problem". For example (untested):
Code:
fn proc public frame

push rbx
	.pushreg rbx
	.endprolog

mov rbx,rcx
           movsxd rcx,edx
This should work for x64 with both positive and negative pitches, and even requires less assembly lines.
Old 20th December 2013, 11:09   #447  |  Link
ultim
AVS+ Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajp_anton View Post
Could you make so imagesource returns the original colorspace, e.g. jpeg images encoded in 4:2:0 or 4:4:4, instead of converting them to RGB?
Perhaps with the argument pixel_type="original", if you want to keep it compatible with old scripts that assume RGB.
The current image library (DevIL) in use by AviSynth doesn't allow that, so no. Neither it is possible with many other generic image decoder libraries, as still images are usually composed on RGB surfaces. If anybody knows a still image library that can do that, I'd be happy to have a closer look at it. On the other hand, if it is only possible with format-specific decoders, then I'd only have it as a separate external plugin.
Old 20th December 2013, 11:24   #448  |  Link
qyot27
...?

FFMS2 can be used for stills (see the FFImageSource function in FFMS2.avsi), and it returns the original's colorspace. I just tested it, and it returned 4:2:0 and 4:2:2 directly.
Old 20th December 2013, 11:35   #449  |  Link
ultim
AVS+ Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by qyot27 View Post
FFMS2 can be used for stills (see the FFImageSource function in FFMS2.avsi), and it returns the original's colorspace. I just tested it, and it returned 4:2:0 and 4:2:2 directly.
Does it really return the original image data unchanged? Or maybe it gets RGB data internally from the format's lib, then ffmpeg converts back to planar on its own?
Old 20th December 2013, 11:49   #450  |  Link
jackoneill
unsigned int

Quote:
I already converted nnedi3's asm into an external file that you can assemble with yasm. It works for both 32 and 64 bit. If Avisynth(+) doesn't allow negative strides, you can probably use it without any changes.

https://github.com/dubhater/vapoursynth-nnedi3
Old 20th December 2013, 12:21   #451  |  Link
ultim
AVS+ Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackoneill View Post
I already converted nnedi3's asm into an external file that you can assemble with yasm. It works for both 32 and 64 bit. If Avisynth(+) doesn't allow negative strides, you can probably use it without any changes.

https://github.com/dubhater/vapoursynth-nnedi3
It is extremely rare, but I do think negative pitches exist in Avisynth, for example when some plugin tries to optimize vertical flips away (I faintly remember seeing it somewhere). Anyway, the workaround is really simple, just sign-extend like I have shown a few posts earlier, and it will work for negative pitches too.

Last edited by ultim; 20th December 2013 at 12:30.
Old 20th December 2013, 12:33   #452  |  Link
Reel.Deel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultim View Post
...If anybody knows a still image library that can do that, I'd be happy to have a closer look at it. On the other hand, if it is only possible with format-specific decoders, then I'd only have it as a separate external plugin.
vsimagereader it's able to decode JPEG without converting to RGB. All of the libraries used are listed at the bottom.
Old 20th December 2013, 12:44   #453  |  Link
ultim
AVS+ Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel.Deel View Post
vsimagereader it's able to decode JPEG without converting to RGB. All of the libraries used are listed at the bottom.
I know, but even VS's support in this respect only applies to jpeg, over the libjpeg(-turbo) library. Which falls under my format-specific point. I'm proposing a new plugin (e.g. JPEGSource) for this purpose.
Old 21st December 2013, 03:21   #454  |  Link
Plorkyeran

Quote:
Does it really return the original image data unchanged? Or maybe it gets RGB data internally from the format's lib, then ffmpeg converts back to planar on its own?
libavcodec doesn't even have a way to convert the data to RGB, and I have no idea why you'd expect it to be automatically converting to RGB and back.
Old 21st December 2013, 08:58   #455  |  Link
jpsdr

Quote:
You could just sign extend your edx into rcx to solve this "problem". For example (untested):
I've already used sometimes movzd in my VDub filters, but haven't searched yet if something else existed.
You spare me time searching, and this will probably work.
Thanks.
Old 21st December 2013, 15:32   #456  |  Link
SEt

Quote:
I'm proposing a new plugin (e.g. JPEGSource) for this purpose.
Actually I have working very nice JPEG decoder that can be ported to Avisynth. It not just keeps original chroma subsampling, but also supports "reconstruction" that accurately suppresses typical JPEG artifacts and can be done only as part of the decoding stage. Won't be open-source though.

It's currently implemented as plugin (http://plugring.farmanager.com/plugin.php?pid=693) for Far Manager (http://www.farmanager.com/download.php?l=en). It has some documentation, but only in Russian.
Old 24th December 2013, 11:07   #457  |  Link
jpsdr

I think i may have discoverd an issue with x64 version, when trying to port the nnedi3 to x64.
When investigating, i've disable the use of ASM function, and fixed number of cpu (or threads) to 1.

I've the following result, code is around lines 1168.

With this :
Code:
		else if (vi.IsYV12())
		{
			for (int i=0; i<ct; ++i)
			{
				v = new nnedi3(v.AsClip(),i==0?1:0,true,true,true,true,nsize,nns,qual,etype,pscrn,threads,opt,fapprox,env);
				env->ThrowError("Ok");
				v = env->Invoke("TurnRight",v).AsClip();
				// always use field=1 to keep chroma/luma horizontal alignment
				v = new nnedi3(v.AsClip(),1,true,true,true,true,nsize,nns,qual,etype,pscrn,threads,opt,fapprox,env);
				v = env->Invoke("TurnLeft",v).AsClip();
			}
the script stoped with "Ok" error.

With this :
Code:
		else if (vi.IsYV12())
		{
			for (int i=0; i<ct; ++i)
			{
				v = new nnedi3(v.AsClip(),i==0?1:0,true,true,true,true,nsize,nns,qual,etype,pscrn,threads,opt,fapprox,env);
				v = env->Invoke("TurnRight",v).AsClip();
				env->ThrowError("Ok");
				v = new nnedi3(v.AsClip(),1,true,true,true,true,nsize,nns,qual,etype,pscrn,threads,opt,fapprox,env);
			}
script stop with "acces violation" error.

With this :
Code:
		else if (vi.IsYV12())
		{
			for (int i=0; i<ct; ++i)
			{
				//v = env->Invoke("TurnRight",v).AsClip();
				env->ThrowError("Ok");
			}
script stoped with "Ok" error.

With this :
Code:
		else if (vi.IsYV12())
		{
			for (int i=0; i<ct; ++i)
			{
				env->ThrowError("Ok");
			}
script stopped with "acces violation" error.

and with this :
Code:
		else if (vi.IsYV12())
		{
			for (int i=0; i<ct; ++i)
			{
				//v = env->Invoke("TurnLeft",v).AsClip();
			}
			env->ThrowError("Ok");
script stopped with "Ok" error.

So, according the results, i have the feeling it's something related to the x64 version of avisynth, as crash seems to occur during call of internal avisynth functions.
Old 25th December 2013, 12:34   #458  |  Link
real.finder

Quote:
You are not the first to suggest that some data types should be changed, but we cannot do so without breaking existing x64 filters.
um, existing x64 filters most of them (maybe all) in 2.5

since there is no avs 2.6 x64 around, and 2.6 x64 filters is just a few, actually the existing is:- mask tools 2 and TP7 filters and last is LaTo filters, it can be update

so, 2.6 in x64 can be change alone? or it can't?

Last edited by real.finder; 25th December 2013 at 13:02. Reason: Spelling error
Old 30th December 2013, 12:16   #459  |  Link
steptoe

I'm trying to work out how to use the updated RGTools.dll in place of the RemoveGrain package, but unsure if its just a case of replacing all calls in the removegrain package with rgtools.dll or if the syntax is different

At its most basic, calling for example RemoveGrain(17) or RemoveGrain(2) would this simply now be RGTools(17) or RGTools(2), and loading RGTools.dll instead of RemoveGrain.dll via the 'loadplugin' command

The docs for the updated plugins for avisynth+ are a bit sparse, and don't really suggest if they are direct drop in replacement or if a bit more work may be needed if the original plugins are called within scripts

Scripts that call various parts of the removegrain package, such as RemoveDirtMC, RemoveNoiseMC or RemoveNoiseMC_SE scripts are giving me a headache trying to update them to use RGTool. These all call different parts of the RemoveGrain package, such as the clense function for temporal noise/grain removal

Thanks
Old 30th December 2013, 12:21   #460  |  Link
TurboPascal7

First of all, you're posting in a wrong thread. This is the right one.
First 24 modes of RGTools should be drop-in replacement of the old removegrain plugin. Same goes for repair (24 modes), verticalcleaner (3 modes) an clense (normal, backward, forward). RGTools doesn't have some of the parameters in Clense so you'll have to drop those if you want to use it.