Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs

Old 28th October 2008, 23:20   #4801  |  Link
tal.aloni

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoRd_MuldeR View Post
I noticed that deinterlacing is broken in ffdshow r2253 and r2265

When I enable deinterlace then the deinterlacing filter seem to switch on and off randomly!
Happens at least with the KernelBob and the KernelDeint. You can clearly see it with the "Map" option checked.
Looks like sometimes the frames simply by-pass the deinterlace filter.

The older build r2202 works good. This is with live MPEG-2 broadcast in DVBViewer...
Dear lord,
latest ffdshow revisions can deinterlace only interlaced content.
it's possible that some of the frames in the broadcast are not flagged as interlaced. in that case, you can check "process frames flagged as progressive" in the deinterlacing filter tab.

Tal
tal.aloni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2008, 23:26   #4802  |  Link
albain
Media Control author

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautilus7 View Post
Actually, TrueHD 7.1 is broken in 32bit builds also. With all 7.1 (regardless samplerate) samples i get no sound, while 5.1 play fine.
I found some differences with the version I have from the branch, that should explain the broken 7.1 on TrueHD
albain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2008, 23:33   #4803  |  Link
nautilus7

So we have a saboteur?
nautilus7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2008, 23:37   #4804  |  Link
STaRGaZeR
4:2:0 hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoRd_MuldeR View Post
The problem is that is seems to happen randomly and with live broadcast. I will try to capture a clip that exhibits the problem...

EDIT: I got a video capture that can be used to reproduce the problem with MPC + ffdshow r2265. Uploading it now.
Like tal.aloni says now ffdshow only deinterlaces those frames flagged as interlaced. If your stream has random frames flagged as progressive (I have DVDs like that, but reversed: film with random interlaced frames) they will not get deinterlaced. Well they will get the flag, but the "change" from interlace to progressive and vice versa seems to be so fast that there is no time for the deinterlacer filter to properly do its job. You can try the "process frames flagged as progressive" option.
That way, you have xxxx[p|i]yyy, where xxxx is the vertical resolution, yyy is the temporal resolution, and 'i' says the image has been irremediably destroyed.
STaRGaZeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2008, 23:46   #4805  |  Link
haruhiko_yamagata

Quote:
Originally Posted by STaRGaZeR View Post
With the recent changes it seems that all MBAFF samples I have play with the correct field order, great work

Regarding the sample you posted here, it seems ffdshow flags different parts of the video as progressive and others as interlaced. CoreAVC and Cyberlink both flag the whole video as interlaced.
Thanks for testing. Yes, I know. I'll look into it.
Old 28th October 2008, 23:46   #4806  |  Link
TheShadowRunner

Hey all, I was just wondering if multithreading for SVQ3 was planned at some point?
Those Nasa HD videos are encoded in SVQ3 and I wonder what kind of crazy processor one needs to watch them with ffdshow:
http://anon.nasa-global.edgesuite.ne...unch_1080i.mov
See you,

TSR
TheShadowRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2008, 23:52   #4807  |  Link
haruhiko_yamagata

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikarad View Post
I use ffdshow-mT (2250) (it's the only version where I don't have any dropped image with mpc homecinema and mt2s file (blu-ray)) but this version doesn't support HD audio codec (E-AC3,MLP,DTS-HD) because it's not the same build.
Do you expect to make a version with ffdshow-mt and HD audio codec support?
Sorry, but it's not easy.
ffmpeg-mt is based on old (around 200805) libavcodec and it is hard to update to the latest.
Even if we can, it will make maintenance difficult.
Please wait until ffmpeg-mt is updated by Alexander Strange.
Old 29th October 2008, 00:10   #4808  |  Link
Octo-puss

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleD View Post
Try to set DefaultDirectSoundDevice on Options>>Playback>>Output>>Directshow audio
Oh! It works! I used to have it set to Realtek HD Audio just like I do everywhere. Weird, but works. Thank you!

Also when we are the filters and stuff, shall I disable all internal ones in MPC/MPC-HC? I mean, I assume FFD is better?
Octo-puss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2008, 00:16   #4809  |  Link
STaRGaZeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadowRunner View Post
Hey all, I was just wondering if multithreading for SVQ3 was planned at some point?
Those Nasa HD videos are encoded in SVQ3 and I wonder what kind of crazy processor one needs to watch them with ffdshow:
http://anon.nasa-global.edgesuite.ne...unch_1080i.mov
See you,

TSR
I can perfectly play it. E8400@4GHz, deinterlaced through hardware. CPU usage stays between 40-50%.
That way, you have xxxx[p|i]yyy, where xxxx is the vertical resolution, yyy is the temporal resolution, and 'i' says the image has been irremediably destroyed.
Old 29th October 2008, 00:19   #4810  |  Link
TheShadowRunner

Thanks for testing STaR, can you confirm it only uses 1 core? My dual core @ 2.6ghz just can't cope with it :/
Time to grab a new CPU I guess ^^;
Old 29th October 2008, 00:23   #4811  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Okay, here is the sample:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/jznjmmzmz3i/Sample.7z

Please watch it with "KernelBob" deinterlacer enabled and with the "Map" option checked.
Starting at 00:59 ffdshow r2265 will occasionally stop deinterlacing!

[EDIT]

Doah!

Sorry, I just noticed tal.aloni's and STaRGaZeR's posts. How could I be so stupid and miss the new option?!
With that option checked everything is fine again, of course ...

Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 29th October 2008 at 00:28.
LoRd_MuldeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2008, 00:26   #4812  |  Link
fastplayer

Quote:
1. Wrong forum to ask. Ask here instead:
https://lists.mplayerhq.hu/mailman/l...o/ffmpeg-user/
2. The video plays fine without one single frame drop on my single-core Athlon64 2.2GHz.
fastplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2008, 00:33   #4813  |  Link
BatKnight

TrueHD and DTS-MA via SPDIF

Hi,

I am using ffdshow SVN 2265 (x86) over Windows Vista with SPDIF enabled in DTS and AC3. I am using an external decoder that can only process up to DTS ES and DD EX.
My question is: Why can I hear sound via SPDIF when playing a TrueHD 7.1 96Khz m2ts file?

Does this mean that ffdshow strips the AC3 part of the TrueHD (if there is one in the first place) and SPDIFs only the AC3? Is it SPDIFing the full TrueHD and then the external decoder only plays the AC3 part?

This also happens on DTS Master Audio files.

Can someon please explain the details of the process?

Thanks
Bat
BatKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2008, 00:51   #4814  |  Link
TheShadowRunner

Ok, actually nope, contrary to what i just wrote, it's not a matter of hw deinterlacing being enabled or not, it's a matter of splitter!?
With Gabest MP4 Splitter, it plays just fine.
With Haali Media Splitter, it lags like crazy!
Odd..

Last edited by TheShadowRunner; 29th October 2008 at 00:56.
Old 29th October 2008, 01:08   #4815  |  Link
STaRGaZeR

Quote:
Thanks for testing STaR, can you confirm it only uses 1 core? My dual core @ 2.6ghz just can't cope with it :/
Time to grab a new CPU I guess ^^;
Yes, the decoder only uses 1 core. And I can confirm Haali's needs a lot more CPU power. Also with Haali's the field order is wrong ...

@Lord

I've been watching your sample and I've found 0 problems with it, every single frame is flagged as interlaced and it gets deinterlaced properly. Tested with kernelbob, hardware deinterlacing and various renderers. BTW the Map option produces white garbage on screen? I can't see anything with it enabled

Last edited by STaRGaZeR; 29th October 2008 at 01:12.
Old 29th October 2008, 01:19   #4816  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
@Lord

I've been watching your sample and I've found 0 problems with it, every single frame is flagged as interlaced and it gets deinterlaced properly. Tested with kernelbob, hardware deinterlacing and various renderers. BTW the Map option produces white garbage on screen? I can't see anything with it enabled
The "Map" shows you where KernelBob detects motion. The "white" pixels indicate the pixels that will be interpolated by KernelBob.
Of course you wouldn't activate the "Map" option for playback. You simply use it to adjust the "Threshold" parameter and then turn it off.

With "Map" on you can clearly notice that KernelBob suddenly stops to interpolate. Hence the deinterlacer is toggled off for certain frames.
It starts at 0:59 and happens occasionally. The ranges where it happens are identical for each run. It's 100% reproducible for me!

However if I check the "process frames flagged as progressive" option all works fine again

Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 29th October 2008 at 01:22.
Old 29th October 2008, 01:47   #4817  |  Link
STaRGaZeR

Oh I see now, thanks. However I can't notice any interpolate stop in the entire video.

And I was wrong! Open the sample with DGIndex. It will report progressive frames all over the place! ...
Old 29th October 2008, 02:03   #4818  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
And I was wrong! Open the sample with DGIndex. It will report progressive frames all over the place! ...
I can confirm this, so it's not ffdshow's fault for sure:

I don't know why that is. That's how the stream came from the broadcast station.
Maybe their MPEG-2 encoder is borked or they don't know how to configure it properly.

But as long as I know how to fix it, there is no problem for me

Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 29th October 2008 at 02:15.
Old 29th October 2008, 08:39   #4819  |  Link
ikarad

Quote:
Originally Posted by haruhiko_yamagata View Post
Sorry, but it's not easy.
ffmpeg-mt is based on old (around 200805) libavcodec and it is hard to update to the latest.
Even if we can, it will make maintenance difficult.
Please wait until ffmpeg-mt is updated by Alexander Strange.
thanks.

Do you know if alexander strange works on a new version of multithreading libavcodec?

With ffdshow-mt it lacks only the support of HD-audio codec and the support of .PG subtitles (HD subtitles) and with these supports ffdshow-mt would be perfect for myself.
ikarad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2008, 08:56   #4820  |  Link
albain
Media Control author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatKnight View Post
Hi,

I am using ffdshow SVN 2265 (x86) over Windows Vista with SPDIF enabled in DTS and AC3. I am using an external decoder that can only process up to DTS ES and DD EX.
My question is: Why can I hear sound via SPDIF when playing a TrueHD 7.1 96Khz m2ts file?

Does this mean that ffdshow strips the AC3 part of the TrueHD (if there is one in the first place) and SPDIFs only the AC3? Is it SPDIFing the full TrueHD and then the external decoder only plays the AC3 part?

This also happens on DTS Master Audio files.

Can someon please explain the details of the process?

Thanks
Bat
That's right, I made an internal parser that strips off AC3 frames from TrueHD streams (if there are), but only if AC3 codec is set to SPDIF. In that case the truehd part is not decoded at all

Concerning DTS-HD, it is slightly different : ffmpeg does not handle DTS-HD decoding, so for now FFDShow parser strips off the DTS core and sends it to the DTS decoder (or SPDIF if selected)
albain is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ffdshow, ffdshow tryouts, ffdshow-mt, ffplay, icl