Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation

Old 11th April 2002, 00:36   #1  |  Link
Shabubu

Subtitle position clarification

I have done a search, and after 4-5 pages of subtitle topics I didn't find the answer.

When choosing the offset which part of the subtitle picture is it referring to (top left or bottom right), and what are good settings for PAL SVCD's.

The problem is I don't have a stand alone player here so I can't check they're position, but I would like to have the subtitles work when I eventually do get a player.

Thanks in advance
Shabubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2002, 03:18   #2  |  Link
mrbass

there will be a preview subtitle position in the next release. I suggest you wait till then if possible. Anyway for NTSC 375 seems to be good not sure for PAL.
mrbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2002, 12:59   #3  |  Link
Zoltan

I don't see any reason to modify the X value since the subs should be centered.

As far the Y value is concerned I use the following values for a 16:9 NTSC to PAL conversion:

430 if I want the subs on the pictures
495 to put them onto the bottom black line

The perfect solution can be reached onyl if you run test. RIP a small chapter that has two line subs. Use the values above and check if the two line subs are at the right position. Let's not forget the area your TV set cannot display!

Regards,
Z
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote