Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 24th May 2006, 17:10   #1001  |  Link
Limobar
aka Rabomil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom9
@Limobar: am I correct to assume that job10-2 is the audio job that didn't work out and job12 is the audio job that caused no problem (and respectively job11 is the muxjob whose result couldn't be properly played and job13 is the muxjob whose result you were able to properly play?)
All assumptions are correct. I've added colors to my message, to make things clearer (I hope).
Old 24th May 2006, 18:06   #1002  |  Link
acrespo
Brazilian Anime Ripper

2153 version has the same problem of all versions from 2146.
I did these steps:

1- Load AVS in video input.
2- Choose the video profile and x264+MP4 container
3- Click on Autoencode
3- Choose the size (174 Mbytes) and check Add additional content.
4- Choose the audio file already compressed with Nero AAC.
5- Press Go button. Nothing happens.

I did a fresh install of 2153 version upgraded from 2148. MP4Box is from 19 May. The only way to mux audio and video is after do 2passes with final video and final audio ready and click on menu Tools>Muxer>Adaptative and choose the files manualy and add a separate queue for this.

Back to version 2132 and all is function again.
ATI TV Wonder Elite (active)

Last edited by acrespo; 24th May 2006 at 18:12.
Old 24th May 2006, 18:22   #1003  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

hmm.. same audio commandline..
can the .aac file be played properly?
as far as the muxing goes, what happens if you try to mux the .aac file manually (assuming it can be played)?

Also, could you open a command prompt at the location of your mp4box.exe and paste the following, then press enter:

-add "E:\Samples\freedom.264" -add "E:\Samples\rep-freedomland-sample T01 3_2ch 384Kbps DELAY -191ms.aac" -fps 23.976023976024 -new "E:\Samples\freedom-muxed.mp4"

And if it doesn't work, try again but this time with -fps 23.976 (so strip away the rest of the fps string)
Old 24th May 2006, 18:42   #1004  |  Link
DeathTheSheep
<The VFW Sheep of Death>

The Nero AAC files made with this thing seem to be non-spec compliant, so MP4box chokes on 'em.

Anyway, my bug. (Another Nero AAC problem).
Muxing an x264-mkv and Nero AAC doesn't work: only the video is kept. MeGUI tells mkvmerge to use track "0" when it doesn't exist: the audio is in track 1. There is no way for the user to change this behavior, either.

Manually muxing with MKVmergeGUI 1.7 is fine--it detects that the audio is in track 1, not in track 0, so it muxes properly to mkv.

I have the same MP4 problem that acrespo and many others have with Nero audio muxing. Any other AAC (faac, CT AAC) work fine with both mkv and mp4, regardless of settings. So...

PS: For Nero, I use LC-AAC VBR Q .15, just so ya know
Old 24th May 2006, 18:46   #1005  |  Link
Limobar
aka Rabomil

Quote:
hmm.. same audio commandline..
can the .aac file be played properly?
as far as the muxing goes, what happens if you try to mux the .aac file manually (assuming it can be played)?
No sound. Job 11. The red part of the log.

Quote:
Also, could you open a command prompt at the location of your mp4box.exe and paste the following, then press enter:

-add "E:\Samples\freedom.264" -add "E:\Samples\rep-freedomland-sample T01 3_2ch 384Kbps DELAY -191ms.aac" -fps 23.976023976024 -new "E:\Samples\freedom-muxed.mp4"
No sound.

Quote:
And if it doesn't work, try again but this time with -fps 23.976 (so strip away the rest of the fps string)
No sound.

The muxed file without sound (.mp4) + AAC = audio + video working (both fps tried)
The original video file (.264) + AAC = video working (both fps tried)

Is there something wrong with the original video file (.264)?

Shouldn't the audio file have a mp4 container, in the first place?
Old 24th May 2006, 18:47   #1006  |  Link
parcival

I have a problem with MeGUI and 1st pass encoding.
Whenever I choose "2pass-1st pass" (x.264) and press enqueue I get the following error message:

Video output filename does not have the correct extension.
Based on current settings, it should be mkv

(or mp4 if mp4 was selected before it become grayed out)

What am I doing wrong? 1st pass isn't supposed to create a file right?
Old 24th May 2006, 19:14   #1007  |  Link
acrespo
Brazilian Anime Ripper

Bitrate calculator has a small bug. I did these steps:

The steps to wrong result values:
1- Change the audio bitrate and file size.
2- Change the container from MKV (default) to MP4.
3- The results are the same for MKV and MP4

The steps to correct result values:
1- Change the container from MKV (default) to MP4.
2- Change the audio bitrate and file size.
3- The results are correct (different) for MKV and MP4.

In other words, it seems that when the container is changed the results are not changing but if you change anything after container the results are changing considering the new container.
Old 24th May 2006, 21:22   #1008  |  Link
berrinam

Ok, so nero shouldn't be used to generate AAC files. We know that, but it needs a bit of a restructure to fix it, so you'll just have to cope for now.

I'm interested in the slowdown that people are talking about. While I have not touched audio encoding, I've refactored the video encoding. Perhaps running another thread caused a significant slowdown, so if people can give me some exact numbers to show this, that would be good.
Old 24th May 2006, 23:00   #1009  |  Link
acrespo
Brazilian Anime Ripper

It's strange I am using Nero via BeLight (LC VBR Streaming) and OK to version 2132 but with version 2146 and up, I can only mux manualy. My problem is not the same as yours.

I don't know if neroaacenc will be a problem for me because I am using ABR 112 Kbps (2pass) when I do some convertions. I will test some of them with MeGui tomorrow.
Old 24th May 2006, 23:11   #1010  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

@berrinam: if youv'e halfways kept my way of registering encoders, then you could register the nero encoder to only do mp4. I'm quite surprised that raw aac is chosen in automatic mode.. mp4 should have first priority. In fact, since we're not using avimuxgui now (it cannot handle aac in mp4 so that's why I introduced raw aac), perhaps it would be better to remove raw aac again.
Old 25th May 2006, 03:50   #1011  |  Link
futurex

Quote:
Originally Posted by futurex
i have 0.2.3.2153 from x264.nl and i'm still getting the "bitrate calculator not refactored" message. but it said here it was fixed, so i just ignore it. but when i'm setting the output size, the calculated bitrate does not change when i alter the audio bitrate. eg. in the screenshot below, the calculated bitrate stays at 2445kbps even if i change the audio bitrate to 320, 0, etc. naturally the file size doesn't end up how i want it

doesn't anybody else experience this?
Old 25th May 2006, 09:35   #1012  |  Link
Limobar
aka Rabomil

Quote:
@berrinam: if youv'e halfways kept my way of registering encoders, then you could register the nero encoder to only do mp4. I'm quite surprised that raw aac is chosen in automatic mode.. mp4 should have first priority. In fact, since we're not using avimuxgui now (it cannot handle aac in mp4 so that's why I introduced raw aac), perhaps it would be better to remove raw aac again.
Sounds good to me.
Old 25th May 2006, 10:15   #1013  |  Link
dimzon
BeHappy/MeGUI developer

Quote:
In fact, since we're not using avimuxgui now (it cannot handle aac in mp4 so that's why I introduced raw aac), perhaps it would be better to remove raw aac again.
CT AAC doesn't support MP4 output...
Old 25th May 2006, 10:47   #1014  |  Link
berrinam

Quote:
@berrinam: if youv'e halfways kept my way of registering encoders
I have, but it is not complete for the Audio Encoders: a single monolithic AviSynthAudioEncoderProvider is registered, which manages all of the audio encoding... it seems to me to be a bad structure, but I've avoided touching audio as much as possible, since that seems to be dimzon's area.

Anyway, I said it would need a restructure, and I meant that it would need to be separated into separate AudioEncoderProviders for each encoder (which I think is a good idea anyway).
Old 25th May 2006, 11:14   #1015  |  Link
shon3i
BluRay Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimzon
CT AAC doesn't support MP4 output...
Why should not make only mp4 otput because is more better than aac, for both FAAC, CT or aac support for Nero.
Old 25th May 2006, 11:33   #1016  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

How about registering the avisynthprovider multiple times, but each time with different capabilities? Then again I think that would lead to a codec dropdown that would include AAC multiple times because there are multiple AAC encoders... we're back to the "one codec multiple encoders" problem.
Old 25th May 2006, 11:36   #1017  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

@futurex: I can confirm that behavior. It gets worse as changing codec and / or container doesn't seem to be having an effect either.
Old 25th May 2006, 11:37   #1018  |  Link
berrinam

Quote:
How about registering the avisynthprovider multiple times, but each time with different capabilities?
I'll sort something out -- it'll end up being the same as video, which is good.

Quote:
Then again I think that would lead to a codec dropdown that would include AAC multiple times because there are multiple AAC encoders... we're back to the "one codec multiple encoders" problem.
I don't see this as a problem -- that is exactly how it SHOULD work.
Old 25th May 2006, 11:40   #1019  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by berrinam
I don't see this as a problem -- that is exactly how it SHOULD work.
Hmm.. I was too quick to jump to judgement.. it's actually not this situation.. we'll have multiple AAC encoders, but one called CT AAC, one ND AAC and one FAAC.. and that's indeed what we want. I must've still been asleep when I posted
Old 25th May 2006, 12:26   #1020  |  Link
hhanh00

Does SAR work?

It seems like SAR doesn't work anymore after the checkin: 'berrinam: Silent commit: partway of IJobProcessor refactor'. Is it expected?

I noticed that nothing calls findSAR anymore. It used to be in CommandlineVideoEncoder.cs.

Thanks,
--h
Closed Thread