Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > VirtualDub, VDubMod & AviDemux

Old 2nd August 2017, 19:29   #421  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Dont know much about rolling shutter or whether affected by wrong screen size info (and cap size also different), just posted as I stumbled across your
doc (again), and had recently gotten a Defy.
Incidentally, in the last link above, there are a number of Defy's @ £5.00 and £8.00 and above, but many out of stock.
If you click on "By Availability - In Stock Only", you will see first on list at £8.00 is out of stock, but if you click
on it, they currently have one in Bromley and one "In-Stock On-Line".

My latest party trick is to play a movie then accidentally drop my defy in my beer
EDIT: It's an IP67 phone, water resistant to 1 Meter for 30 mins (with covers in place).

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 3rd August 2017 at 04:53.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2017, 15:32   #422  |  Link
trondmm

Stabilize on a channel logo

Hi.

Is it possible to stabilize the image based on the position of a channel logo?

I have this video, that seems to have been the victim of a botched stabilization, and I want to reverse the damage as best as possible.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1...mhnWjl0RGFGLWc

In the first frame, the logo is in its proper position, and I'd like to "lock" the logo in this position, and move the video around to wherever the logo position takes it. I've tried to ignore the pixels outside the logo area, without success.
trondmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2017, 18:08   #423  |  Link
guth

I'm afraid I don't think you'll have much success in using Deshaker for this. And I actually doubt any tool can fix it in a good way. If it had been stabilized only vertically and horizontally it would have been easier, but this clip has rotation and zoom altered too, and I think the logo is too small to measure rotation and zoom accurately enough.
guth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2017, 23:41   #424  |  Link
trondmm

Thank you for taking the time to look at this. I kinda expected the answer to be negative, but it was worth a shot.
trondmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2018, 21:27   #425  |  Link
bxyhxyh

Deshaker seems to ignore skipped n_scene when motion smoothness is set to -1.
Black bars don't get "resetted" after new scene n_scene changes.
Is it made that way or is it a bug?
bxyhxyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2018, 18:56   #426  |  Link
guth

A bug.
To my defense, smoothness -1 is a pretty experimental feature.
But if you really, really want a fix, I can send you one.
Old 12th March 2018, 19:29   #427  |  Link
bxyhxyh

Quote:
Originally Posted by guth View Post
But if you really, really want a fix, I can send you one.
Yes please, I would like to. Any other smoothness values don't work quite good on my source.

Last edited by bxyhxyh; 12th March 2018 at 19:34.
bxyhxyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2018, 20:04   #428  |  Link
guth

(bxyhxyh, I sent it in a private message.)
Old 17th May 2018, 04:39   #429  |  Link
MysteryX
Soul Architect

This is the best deshaker out of the various options I tried. The downside is that it is only a VirtualDubFilter, and needs RGB32 instead of YV12 input -- although it can be used in Avisynth with VirtualDubFilter. Also the source code isn't available.

Would it be possible to have a version for Avisynth and VapourSynth? That would be very useful.
MysteryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2018, 18:01   #430  |  Link
guth

"Best deshaker"? It should hopefully be the only deshaker! When I made Deshaker I googled "deshaker" and got one single hit; some guy with that name. It's funny that some people seem to be using it as a general term for video stabilization now.
Anyway, thanks.

I understand your wishes completely. I've considered making a native AviSynth plugin and I've looked into how much work it would be to support more color spaces. The problem is that I've become a bit lazy, or at least prefer doing other things on my free time. Also, I'm not quite ready to release the source code. Sorry...
Old 17th May 2018, 18:24   #431  |  Link
guth

Btw, about color spaces. Maybe someone could write a simple plugin that converts YV24 into RGB32 by simply assigning R=Y, G=U and B=V, or similar. After that, you could deshake (or other things) RGB32 video that's really YUV, and then do the reverse "conversion". It's not an ideal solution, because the colors would look like crap in Deshaker, but I can't see why it shouldn't work. You would get no quality loss due to color space conversions that way.
Just a thought...
Old 17th May 2018, 19:16   #432  |  Link
shekh

I could add this fake RGB in vd2, sounds funny. Would it actually be useful? Btw, black borders will turn green borders, and what about color mask detection.
Old 17th May 2018, 19:21   #433  |  Link
shekh

Just noticed a bug:
add filter->deshaker
enable color mask, open dropdown
click cancel in filter, cancel in filters list -> crash
No input file needed, tested in 1.10.5
Old 17th May 2018, 19:32   #434  |  Link
guth

Yes, you would have to select a different color for mask detection. As for black borders, maybe you could use a lossless conversion where black is still black?

And the crash... Yes, indeed, I can reproduce it. (But not when using a Deshaker built with a newer compiler version. Probably just luck, though.)
We'll see if I care enough to fix it. It's not a procedure you'd do often. Thanks for letting me know, though.
Old 17th May 2018, 20:41   #435  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Guth, we appreciate everything that you have done for us, you are the best, please, let the new guys have a go at making it better,
we look forward to your decision, thanks ether way, we does love you.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2018, 17:34   #436  |  Link
MysteryX
Soul Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by guth View Post
Btw, about color spaces. Maybe someone could write a simple plugin that converts YV24 into RGB32 by simply assigning R=Y, G=U and B=V, or similar. After that, you could deshake (or other things) RGB32 video that's really YUV, and then do the reverse "conversion". It's not an ideal solution, because the colors would look like crap in Deshaker, but I can't see why it shouldn't work. You would get no quality loss due to color space conversions that way.
Just a thought...
The problem is that YV12 has U and V planes at half resolution, while RBC32 has 4 planes at full resolution. Even a fake conversion can't be done without rescaling U and V planes with rounding errors. And then you lose performance by processing more data than necessary.

Any specific reason why you're not comfortable releasing the source code?

btw I'm glad to see you're still active and responding to messages. The authors of lots of old plugins are long gone.
Old 18th May 2018, 18:02   #437  |  Link
guth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryX View Post
The problem is that YV12 has U and V planes at half resolution, while RBC32 has 4 planes at full resolution. Even a fake conversion can't be done without rescaling U and V planes with rounding errors.
Yes, but I think those errors are negligible. Deshaker still has to resample all pixels, which destroys quality a lot more. If it's doing it in 4:4:4 instead of 4:2:0 mostly just means it's doing it in a higher resolution than needed.
Not being able to process YUV video at all could however result in banding problems, which I think could actually be seen in some cases. I haven't really examined this, though.

Quote:
And then you lose performance by processing more data than necessary.
A little, yes.

Quote:
Any specific reason why you're not comfortable releasing the source code?
Partly because I've sold Deshaker source code licenses to a few companies in the past, and that might be harder to do if the source was "more open". And partly I guess because it somehow feels better to have full control over it.
Old 20th May 2018, 00:24   #438  |  Link
isidroco

I've perfectioned my batch which automatically [generates LOGs, deshakes] and compress A/V of all video files in folder with plenty of options. For anyone interested it's here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/vir...-video-deshake
isidroco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2018, 16:30   #439  |  Link
MysteryX
Soul Architect

I'm also working on implementing it in the Yin Media Encoder -- but it's implementation is more complicated than other filters due to requiring a pre-scan, and it's not so simple to do full preview for only a portion of the clip, and the fact that the second pass (in x86) requires MP_Pipeline to split into 2 processes to avoid running out of memory; adding to that the RBG32 conversion and a couple of other technical details.

I was also considering whether I could switch to Vapoursynth to avoid all kinds of MT and memory issues, but there are filters that don't work in VapourSynth:
- Deshaker
- my own filters (AvisynthShader, FrameRateConverter)
- Audio filters

Last edited by MysteryX; 20th May 2018 at 16:32.
Old 24th May 2018, 15:41   #440  |  Link
MysteryX
Soul Architect

Converting YV12 to fake RBG32 is very easy.

1. Convert to YUVA444P8
2. Use dummy filter to change video format to RGBAP8 without changing content
3. Convert to RGB32

RGB32 is flipped up-side-down, but is RGBAP8 up-side-up? If so, even the flipping will be handled by this method. If it's inserted within a script that reverse it again after, then even the previews will look good.

As for VapourSynth, someone pointed out that VDubFilter source code isn't complicated at all, it would be very easy to port to VapourSynth for native support of VirtualDub filters.
https://github.com/pinterf/AviSynthP...VDubFilter.cpp