Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 31st December 2009, 00:06   #101  |  Link
crl2007

These are branched discs. The 1:47 minutes is the UNCUT version. It can't be done as these ones, only with clown BD and replacing the original clpi and mpls. This is what I was saying in my previous post. You only get to keep one. Some discs have 2 large m2ts, one for each version of the movie, but the majority are branched. So, clown BD + tsMuxer + replacing.

Most often the choice to select the version is when you hit the play button. It will open a submenu with : Theatrical, Unrated etc. When I wrote the guide, I wrote to replace the original mpls with some reason. I've tested about 100 discs ( 70+ ) before I dared to write a line in here. So I think it's pretty documentated. So, in majority of cases is best to replace the mpls. In cases of IGS menu, is best to keep them, or to edit the original mpls with 10 minutes INTime.

LE: You have 2 mpls, so you'll have to replace them both. You will rename 0000x.mpls resulted from tsmuxer to 0000y.mpls and replace the mpls with the theatrical version. This thing is done so that the disc won't choke or stop if you hit by mistake theatrical version button in the menu. You will have to delete the remainin m2ts files, aswell as the corresponding clpi files. This is just for BDInfo purposes. If you don't do that, the disc won't be recognized by bdinfo. And for space for that reason, you can't have all those unuseful m2ts files lying around.

Last edited by crl2007; 31st December 2009 at 00:16.
crl2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 00:15   #102  |  Link
Blinky7

ye, I am just curious as to the way those playlists are. I actually wrote it wrong before.
Its like :

Version 1

Version 2

....does it make any sense? its not like version2 has some added files that would be like edited/cut scenes. It's liek every other file it uses a different one...does not make much sense to me. Right now I am making an ISO of the original BD just to watch is and see which version it auto-plays and if there is any choice in the menu/popup menu to change version that I missed...
Blinky7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 00:25   #103  |  Link
crl2007

Yes, it makes sense, those extra m2ts are the extended scenes. As you see, instead of seven is 27, an extended cut of the same scene. That's why they are called branched.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seamless_branching To understand better what seamless branching is.

Last edited by crl2007; 31st December 2009 at 00:27.
Old 31st December 2009, 00:45   #104  |  Link
Blinky7

well, I watched the origina\l bluray and there is no way to access the version2.....unless there is an easter egg or something....

I also watch the first m2ts of each version and it seems its almost the same stuff (5secs difference) but arranged a little differently. For example,version 1 starts with a scene in a house and showing the name of the movie, actors etc, and after 3 mins it goes to a scene in a clinic. In version 2 it starts from the clinic and later on it goes to the same scene in the house.....
Weird stuff, what's the point if you can't access version2 from the menus anyway? whatever, I'g gonna work with version1 since it seems the intended one to play and the one I got subs for.
Blinky7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 16:36   #105  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

After I'm done with the animated menu in multiAVCHD I'll try to post a tool (which will be included in multiAVCHD's package) remuxBD - it should be able to do all discussed in this thread + blanking unwanted features (for Blu-ray HDMV only with IGS/POP-UP menus muxed as a separate m2ts or for Blu-ray BD-J with java menus).

I created a small pcopy.exe (partial copy) tool yesterday, which allows me to create 100% copies of original blu-ray discs (using just 2-3 mins of the actual blu-ray video files) and thus suitable for performing quick tests (getting a 50GB disc down to 1GB).

I also believe that it is possible to convert Blu-ray HDMV discs to Playstation 3 FAT32 limited USB storage (avchd) by splitting the main movie in 4gb chunks and recreating playlist and clipinfo files. But that will be something to play with further down the road. The idea is to keep everything 100% the same, but apply the changes only to playlists/clipinfo files linked to media files (m2ts) bigger than 4GB.

Last edited by deank; 31st December 2009 at 16:58.
deank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 17:09   #106  |  Link
crl2007

@deank Maybe that tool can include this guide too, to be one click mode, so to speak. A few weeks ago you said that it would be possible to automate this guide. It would be excellent ( and I think I am not the only one who thinks this ) that remuxBD to incorporate this method of remuxing discs. It is possible for tsmuxer to split to 4 GB files and create the corresponding mpls/clpi. It will be just a thing of replacing the original ones.

I have a BD that I was going to remux after the holidays, to add my subtitle and I'll try this and report mpls/clpi mode of creation. Maybe I'll try it even tomorrow, if I'm not too drunk after New Year's eve.
Old 31st December 2009, 17:17   #107  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crl2007 View Post
@deank Maybe that tool can include this guide too, to be one click mode, so to speak. A few weeks ago you said that it would be possible to automate this guide.
I'm not really sure what your request is. I'll either publish remuxBD or add the functionality to multiAVCHD (which has most of the things ready to use - like adding/removing streams).

It would require user to remove unwanted streams, add external if desired and one will get a new folder with the newly remuxed blu-ray structure, ready to burn (without any changes to the original folder).

For example while testing, I got my Ghost Rider Blu-ray from 40+GB to 23GB (with original menus and popups and all), suitable for burning to BD25 and all in less than 30mins.

Last edited by deank; 31st December 2009 at 17:23.
Old 31st December 2009, 17:24   #108  |  Link
crl2007

With that tool incorporated in mutiavchd to be a new TAB, only for re-authoring blu-ray discs, to make use of tsmuxer with the same sets of operations described in this guide. So people can:

Replace subtitle streams;
Replace audio streams;
Remove unwanted trailers and other commercials;
Set as first play the menu;
The subtitle stream to be converted by the same system tsMuxer uses.
Change IN_OUT tine of mpls and calculate for the rest of the chapters.
Set the number of mpls and m2ts to be created and linked in the mpls and clpi.

Basically, a new section of multiavchd called Disc Re-Authoring.

Or, better yet, the standalone tool to do all that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
On the other hand, it is possible to automate your GUIDE with a simple tool that will do everything that you described.
LE: I've tested the split function in tsMuxer. Works like a charm. The way I did it:

1. Inserted original mpls in tsmuxer.
2. Replaced the subtitle stream I wanted.
3. In Split & Cut I chose Split by size every 4 GB.
4. In Blu-Ray Tab I chose the number of the original mpls, in my case 10 and ( this is very important so the m2ts name files won't overlap ) as first m2ts file a number that I don't have in my stream folder ( 800 ).
5. It resulted from a 11 gb m2ts: 3 m2ts files ( 00800, 00801, 00802 ), one mpls ( 00010 ) and 3 clpi files ( 00800, 00801, 00802 ).
6. I deleted the original m2ts, mpls and clpi file and I've replaced them with the resulted ones.
7. The disc works like a charm, everything is functional, menus, pop-ups, chapters, everything.

The only limitation that I see is that pop-up menus won't work anymore for IGS menu discs, because with splitting we will be forced to replace the original mpls and clpi. Here, maybe you will find an easier way to copy the pop-up information from the original mpls to the edited one without the need of hex editing. So I dare to say that it can be done for PS3 too, with this little IGS problem. Java menus will work either way.

Last edited by crl2007; 31st December 2009 at 18:39.
Old 31st December 2009, 18:52   #109  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Okay Let's go further... Send me the original mpls file and the new one and I'll try to send you an edited one, which should make pop-up work.
Old 31st December 2009, 18:59   #110  |  Link
crl2007

That you will have to wait till I'll get my hands on an IGS menu disc. This one was a java one. I'll search one these days and I'll send the edited and original mpls for you to do hex magic on them.
Old 31st December 2009, 19:01   #111  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Well it is not just HEX is such cases, but still

Don't worry - I'll try it on my blu-ray title... I just have ~10GB free space left in all of my drives and am not able to do a complete remux at the moment...

Surely I'll find some more space tomorrow and will give it a try, then will let you know. I think it will all work anyway.
Old 31st December 2009, 19:14   #112  |  Link
crl2007

If you do succeed with your IGS title, then you must continue these steps

Quote:
Originally Posted by steps

JAVA BASED MENUS:

4. In Blu-Ray Tab I chose the number of the original mpls, in my case 10 and ( this is very important so the m2ts name files won't overlap ) as first m2ts file a number that I don't have in my stream folder ( 800 ).
5. It resulted from a 11 gb m2ts: 3 m2ts files ( 00800, 00801, 00802 ), one mpls ( 00010 ) and 3 clpi files ( 00800, 00801, 00802 ).
6. I deleted the original m2ts, mpls and clpi file and I've replaced them with the resulted ones.
7. The disc works like a charm, everything is functional, menus, pop-ups, chapters, everything.

IGS BASED MENUS:

@work by deank

And we'll have a simple method for PS3 owners too. That's why I like doom9 forum, everybody works together.
Old 31st December 2009, 19:19   #113  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

It will work, because I already did it with the re-encoded to 1280x720 main title/movie...

I decided to try it now with the original video before going out... But that's even easier than the one I posted about few days ago The problem is that pop-up won't work in PS3 when AVCHD mode is engaged (but it will work if you burn to a BD25/BD50 disc).
Old 31st December 2009, 19:51   #114  |  Link
crl2007

Yeah, that's the goal, to re-author it as a BD5/BD9 and not as AVCHD. In order to do that ( after achieving the desired size ) the steps I wrote are the easiest way to do it. Of course, it is for you to fill the hole for mpls editing, to copy the pop-up information from the original mpls in the edited one. And, ofc, to teach us all how to transfer that information.
Old 31st December 2009, 20:01   #115  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Oh, no... We're not going for BD5/BD9. There is a great application already - BD-Rebuilder. What I'm trying to accomplish is to get an original Blu-ray disc reauthored with blanked features to fit a BD25 without any re-encoding and just in few minutes *plus* the ability to transfer it to a USB HDD for Playstation3.

edit: Yep, it worked just fine and the POP-UP menu appeared just fine after I edited the new mpls

In fact, I did it in reverse - just used the original full-movie playlist, split @4GB, edited the mpls to get the IGS popup, and copied menu m2ts+clpi. This way I got a pure movie-only version of Ghost Rider with stripped unwanted streams, but with functioning menu (pop-up in this case, which is full featured main menu minus features selection)

Last edited by deank; 31st December 2009 at 20:09.
Old 31st December 2009, 20:15   #116  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
Oh, no... We're not going for BD5/BD9. There is a great application already - BD-Rebuilder. What I'm trying to accomplish is to get an original Blu-ray disc reauthored with blanked features to fit a BD25 without any re-encoding and just in few minutes *plus* the ability to transfer it to a USB HDD for Playstation3.

edit: Yep, it worked just fine and the POP-UP menu appeared just fine after I edited the new mpls

In fact, I did it in reverse - just used the original full-movie playlist, split @4GB, edited the mpls to get the IGS popup, and copied menu m2ts+clpi. This way I got a pure movie-only version of Ghost Rider with stripped unwanted streams, but with functioning menu (pop-up in this case, which is full featured main menu minus features selection)
Excellent deank, this is certainly a feature I find interesting and curious to try out. I will be watching ( and reading ) , waiting patiently ( ) to test!
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 21:22   #117  |  Link
crl2007

That MPLS edit is a great achievement. I hope you will release the mpls editor and remuxBD as standalone applications. And if it works on PS3, it is clear that it will work on every standalone bd player. Maybe, until you post the app, you will complete those steps started by me with the method to edit the mpls for split @ 4 GB ( for IGS menu ). Of course, everybody should know that all that has been discussed here is for separate m2ts menu, not for menu included in the same m2ts as the movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steps

JAVA BASED MENUS:

IGS BASED MENUS:

8. ... Feel free to fill in the gaps.
LE: I've tried on a java based disc to copy: menu m2ts, menu playlist and clpi, java scripts ( as you did with IGS ), but turns out that isn't working for java based discs. Java calls for specific playlists to be played and if these mpls aren't played, it doesn't skip to the next one. To be able to skip them, you'll have to edit the java code, to set as first play the menu mpls, or modify the IN_OUT time of every trailer, advertisement or warning mpls. Turns out that IGS menu based are more permissive ( although the menu can't be edited ) than java ones. I'll try later to make a trio for replacement ( blank m2ts, blank mpls and blank clpi ) and see if it works correctly.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

LLE: I report success.

This is how my BD looks like after my try:

I have a fully functional BD without annoying trailers and warnings and extras. I replaced all the mpls files, because I don't want for it to stop when I accidentally play an extra or the movie has warnings after play. The blank video has 458ms. I've added my 11111 m2ts file and clpi and it is like a dream, all works fine. If I play an extra while watching the movie, this blank video enters for 458ms and then the movie returns. Just like the original behavior. It is important to keep the correct mpls sequence because if a mpls has no video correspondent, then the playback stops, it doesn't skip to the next mpls.

I uploaded here an archive with blank m2ts and the clpi+mpls files for everyone to use on their java BD's. The size is about 6 kb. The original BD had 33.75GB and mine has 10,7GB ( it's a 30 minute cartoon ).

Last edited by crl2007; 1st January 2010 at 12:40.
Old 31st December 2009, 21:23   #118  |  Link
crl2007

Sry, double post.
Old 2nd January 2010, 19:10   #119  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

It was easier to implement it in multiAVCHD. User can alter all playlists (adding/removing audio/subtitle streams or editing chapters) or transcode some of them or blank playlists (like trailers, warnings, etc...) I guess I'll release a test build next week for you guys to check it.

Last edited by deank; 2nd January 2010 at 19:18.
Old 3rd January 2010, 04:05   #120  |  Link
Capsbackup

This looks Great!! Very simple, straight forward. I will be happy to test and report my experience. Looking forward to it!
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote