Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 25th December 2004, 20:21   #1  |  Link
SilverFox

Easiest\Best command-line encoder?

I need to compress a large number of raw video files via a batch program I am making. I can autogenerate the avs files for avisynth no problem, but I then need to convert these to avi's - probably using something like xVid as the codec.

Ideally I'm after a way of doing this from the command line so I can feed in all requirements\filenames. I know of GUI programs that let me create a series of jobs but I want to be able to do this with no user input or gui.

Any help much appreciated....
SilverFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2004, 20:38   #2  |  Link
Ark
Aikidoka

I think AVS2AVI is what you're searching for (though this is not the right forum...).

Do a search, you'll easily find it.
Old 26th December 2004, 04:33   #3  |  Link
SilverFox

Thank you for that.

Yes I can see the question is not quite in the right place.

Maybe I should now move this but:

AVS2AVI is great, but only supports video - it will not even pass my WAVsource....

Is there a avs script that will let me keep/encode the audio?

Or do I need to then run another program to add audio? Suggestions?

Thanks for the help
Old 26th December 2004, 12:46   #4  |  Link
Wilbert

Try avs2wav for the audio (look in plugins/utilities sticky for where to get it).
Wilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2004, 14:35   #5  |  Link
SilverFox

Thanks for the reply, although I am actually after the opposite of that utility.

I already have the audio in wav, and wish to incorportate in an avi. Avs2avi performs the exact job but only for the video - it ignores the wav file in my avs script. It looks like I will need to run another util to add the wav (or more likely compressed/mp3) to the avi file.

I know eg Besweet will encode my audio to mp3 from the command line, but I wish to mux it into the avi, also from the command line. I was hoping to avoid several programs but will go with what is possible!##

Aplogies for not wording my queries very exactly - Essentially what I need is a muxing/encoding tool that will work from the command line that will take in an avs script to give me an avi, supporting video and audio.
Old 26th December 2004, 15:15   #6  |  Link
Leak
ffdshow/AviSynth wrangler

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverFox
Aplogies for not wording my queries very exactly - Essentially what I need is a muxing/encoding tool that will work from the command line that will take in an avs script to give me an avi, supporting video and audio.
How about creating a VirtualDub script file (they're just text files, after all - and VirtualDub comes with documentation for it) and having VirtualDub run it from the command line?

That'll do your audio and video encoding and muxing in one step.

Alternatively, you can use AVIMuxGUI which, despite the name, is also scriptable to mux the output of AVS2AVI and audio tracks encoded with BeSweet.

np: Ulf Lohmann - Because (Pop Ambient 2001)
Leak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2004, 17:19   #7  |  Link
SilverFox

That sounds really good - I had no idea virtualDub could be controlled from the commandline! I know it works perfectly for what I want using a gui...

Looks like I need to read up on virtualdubs scripting language. I just want to feed it an avs file and have it save an avi having compressed the video and audio with my choice of codec..... and then close itself afterwards..... (actually maybe stay open so that I can pass another file. I can't pass it a massive jobs list and say go, as each of the source files will only be available 1 at a time....)

If I can't get that working, I'll look into avimuxgui.

thanks again
Old 26th December 2004, 20:33   #8  |  Link
Leak
ffdshow/AviSynth wrangler

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverFox
That sounds really good - I had no idea virtualDub could be controlled from the commandline! I know it works perfectly for what I want using a gui...
Eh, actually the easiest way to get to a script is to look at a job file and recycle the parts that you need.

np: Schaeben & Voss - Dicht Dran (Schaeben & Voss Remix) (Kompakt 100 (Disc 2))
Leak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2004, 02:48   #9  |  Link
SilverFox

Thanks - exactly what I intend to do.

You've saved me enourmous amounts of time, thank you.