Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 2nd January 2019, 15:54   #54061  |  Link
Dreamject

Also, I see something strange in statistic. If I use usual render (without SVP) I see same rate at output as movie (24hz) with 1.6x speed 38frames. With madshi I can see random value, like 60, 200, etc. Even if I stop playing, output value increase
Dreamject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2019, 22:28   #54062  |  Link
border.community

Hello, I am trying to get bitstream audio to sync for 23.976 HDR mkvs but having trouble. I am using a custom timing in madvr that shows as "perfectly optimized" but the audio is still off. I have tried different nvidia drivers, different timings, and tried selecting the auto a/v sync correction but nothing seems to work.

Any advice?
border.community is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2019, 23:56   #54063  |  Link
tp4tissue

Hi guys, I'm trying to use a 3DLut for HDR, (NOT converting HDR to SDR).

However after I created the LUT, Madvr doesn't seem to load it..

For example if I play an SDR movie, it will load my SDR Lut just fine.. toggles on/off, see a difference

But with HDR movie, it kicks the tv into HDR mode, that's good, but it won't load any LUT at all, I press the toggle 3dlut button and nothing ?

I am using HDR passthrough metadata, is that the problem? does that skip the LUT ?

Last edited by tp4tissue; 2nd January 2019 at 23:59.
tp4tissue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2019, 00:18   #54064  |  Link
Snowknight26

etc6849,

Download WinLister from http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/winlister.html, find the entry that corresponds to that hidden window, then note the process and thread IDs (they're hex, so covert to dec).
Download ProcessExplorer from https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sys...ocess-explorer, double click on the process that corresponds to that process ID, then go to the Threads tab and find the thread (TID) that corresponds to the thread ID you noted. The Start Address column should help narrow it down to the offending DLL (which can help narrow it down further).
Snowknight26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2019, 01:30   #54065  |  Link
huhn

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp4tissue View Post
I am using HDR passthrough metadata, is that the problem? does that skip the LUT ?
for HDR 3D LUT you need to select tone map HDR using an external 3D LUt.

which has to rework the meta data and send new ones.

you currently can't passthrough and 3D LUT at the same time.

just think about it how should this be done?
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2019, 01:38   #54066  |  Link
tp4tissue

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
for HDR 3D LUT you need to select tone map HDR using an external 3D LUt.

which has to rework the meta data and send new ones.

you currently can't passthrough and 3D LUT at the same time.

just think about it how should this be done?

Thx for clearing that up.

I didn't realize that's how it works, because there's a slot in the regular 3Dlut page for Rec2020..

So how would I go about using the Slot that isn't the tonemap page ?

I'm talking about the calibration page, vs the hdr page..

If i want to use the rec2020 slot in the calibration page, how do i go about that.

Last edited by tp4tissue; 3rd January 2019 at 01:40.
Old 3rd January 2019, 01:52   #54067  |  Link
huhn

the bt 2020 in sdr is for well BT 2020 sdr it's that simple a HDR->SDR should be apply able for this .

i won't load anything in there your screen can't do bt 2020 anyway. i will start using this when screens start to do more than dci p3.

not sure why you want to use that slot. you should not think about using a slot more about how to realize what you want to archive.
Old 3rd January 2019, 01:57   #54068  |  Link
tp4tissue

Quote:
the bt 2020 in sdr is for well BT 2020 sdr it's that simple a HDR->SDR should be apply able for this .

i won't load anything in there your screen can't do bt 2020 anyway. i will start using this when screens start to do more than dci p3.

not sure why you want to use that slot. you should not think about using a slot more about how to realize what you want to archive.
Well the reason I'm trying to use that slot, is because my tv doesn't have an HDR mode that can be set in its menu.

So it relys on madvr to Kick it into HDR mode. That only happens if I set it for Passthrough

I'm under the assumption that the calibration tab will allow a calibrated 10 bit signal sent to the TV ?

Because during calibration, through madtpg, the pattern kicks into hdr mode.

Whereas in the Tonemap page, the signal out is 8-bit ?

I'm trying to get, 10 bit + HDR + 3dLUT

Last edited by tp4tissue; 3rd January 2019 at 02:01.
Old 3rd January 2019, 02:24   #54069  |  Link
huhn

hdr or no hdr has nothing to do with the sended bit deep. the properties page is the part that controls what bitdeep is send to the driver and only the driver.

the tone map HDR using external 3DLUT should trigger HDR mode because it is supposed to send HDR meta data.

so this should get you 10bit+HDR+3DLUT.

beware that sending 10 bit more often than not results in more bit deep related problem than sending 8 bit.
Old 3rd January 2019, 02:55   #54070  |  Link
etc6849

Thanks! Will do. I have to wait until FSE breaks again though...

I did clear notifications in Windows and wonder if that fixed it. I haven't rebooted since my last post and won't without checking FSE first. Worked fine the last three times since my last post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowknight26 View Post
etc6849,

Download WinLister from http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/winlister.html, find the entry that corresponds to that hidden window, then note the process and thread IDs (they're hex, so covert to dec).
Download ProcessExplorer from https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sys...ocess-explorer, double click on the process that corresponds to that process ID, then go to the Threads tab and find the thread (TID) that corresponds to the thread ID you noted. The Start Address column should help narrow it down to the offending DLL (which can help narrow it down further).
etc6849 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2019, 03:00   #54071  |  Link
tp4tissue

Quote:
hdr or no hdr has nothing to do with the sended bit deep. the properties page is the part that controls what bitdeep is send to the driver and only the driver.

the tone map HDR using external 3DLUT should trigger HDR mode because it is supposed to send HDR meta data.

so this should get you 10bit+HDR+3DLUT.

beware that sending 10 bit more often than not results in more bit deep related problem than sending 8 bit.

I'm using this mode right now, it is not triggering the HDR flag on the TV..
Old 3rd January 2019, 03:27   #54072  |  Link
huhn

it says it it will send meta data X and doesn't so to me on the first view this is either a bug or something isn't working on your side as it should be.

try the new hard test builds i don't follow this topic and it is changing stuff all the time.

be sure you have an process HDR 3D LUT
Old 3rd January 2019, 03:42   #54073  |  Link
tp4tissue

Quote:
it says it it will send meta data X and doesn't so to me on the first view this is either a bug or something isn't working on your side as it should be.

try the new hard test builds i don't follow this topic and it is changing stuff all the time.

righto, i'll try it tomorrow, going to bed.
Old 3rd January 2019, 10:26   #54074  |  Link
SirSwede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
Yep, everything should look exactly the same.
Okay. Thanks.

Does the Digital Vibrance and Nuance (I have changed those values) differ between different nVidia graphics cards?

Do they differ between different nVidia graphics card drivers?

Otherwise I could just basically change out the Dimension 9150 with the GT630 GDDR5 to the Dimension E521 with the GT740 GDDR and everything would look exactly the same?

SirSwede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2019, 10:35   #54075  |  Link
Asmodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSwede View Post
Does the Digital Vibrance and Nuance (I have changed those values) differ between different nVidia graphics cards?

Do they differ between different nVidia graphics card drivers?
I don't know, all bets are off if you touch those. I would not be surprised if they worked somewhat differently with very different driver versions but they probably don't change much.
Old 3rd January 2019, 11:45   #54076  |  Link
SirSwede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
I don't know, all bets are off if you touch those. I would not be surprised if they worked somewhat differently with very different driver versions but they probably don't change much.
Yeah, I figured. Do you think that these values follow the drivers more than the cards?

I could just switch out the graphics cards, if you think that the GT630 drivers would work with the GT740?

That's stored on the hard drive, right? It would, thus, be possible to take the GT630 and the hard drive from the 9150 and put in the E521 and get the same picture?

Last edited by SirSwede; 3rd January 2019 at 12:01.
SirSwede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2019, 15:07   #54077  |  Link
Warner306

Quote:
Originally Posted by border.community View Post
Hello, I am trying to get bitstream audio to sync for 23.976 HDR mkvs but having trouble. I am using a custom timing in madvr that shows as "perfectly optimized" but the audio is still off. I have tried different nvidia drivers, different timings, and tried selecting the auto a/v sync correction but nothing seems to work.

Any advice?
Sounds like the issue I've had with one display for a long time. Your display probably adds some input lag with 24p playback. If you use the display mode switcher in MPC-HC, you can add an audio delay that only applies to 23-24 Hz.

This is how it's done in Kodi: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php...893#pid2033893
Warner306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2019, 19:57   #54078  |  Link
tp4tissue

Quote:

Hey huhn..

I tried it just now, the process hdr using external 3d lut mode is not kicking the tv into hdr, whereas the regular passthrough mode DOES kick into hdr.

Is there something fundamentally different between the mode flags ?

The Madtpg which handled the patches did itself kick the tv into HDR during calibration.. So clearly something is odd.

is the meta data different, from the two settings ?

What causes the kick .

Last edited by tp4tissue; 3rd January 2019 at 20:19.
Old 3rd January 2019, 21:22   #54079  |  Link
tp4tissue

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp4tissue View Post
Hey huhn..

I tried it just now, the process hdr using external 3d lut mode is not kicking the tv into hdr, whereas the regular passthrough mode DOES kick into hdr.

Is there something fundamentally different between the mode flags ?

The Madtpg which handled the patches did itself kick the tv into HDR during calibration.. So clearly something is odd.

is the meta data different, from the two settings ?

What causes the kick .

OK, i sort of fixed it, but now (more problems).

An old issue was windows did not detect my display properly, and it wouldn't let me set WCG mode .

I had it switch back and forth, and it is now detecting my display correctly, and allowing me to enable WCG in windows settings, (which kicks the display into hdr mode.

Prior, the madvr top readout would say NV HDR, 4:2:2 10bit, limited

NOW, it says, OS HDR, 4:2:2 10bit, limited

HOWEVER, NOW, the graphics card can barely run the video even through dxva. (maybe it's taking a loop through intel gfx ?)

Before I could use error diffusion, jinc chroma, now it's barely cutting the cheese with DXVA..

Render time 36ms, 5sec max 76ms..

So, really I'm back to square 1, because I can really only play the video through NV HDR,

But, the Tone map through 3dlut function, will not kick TV into HDR mode..

Why is the tone map mode not doing this..

Last edited by tp4tissue; 4th January 2019 at 00:31.
Old 4th January 2019, 02:36   #54080  |  Link
huhn

ok let's try it one more time.

there are 2 types of HDR 3D LUTs a process HDR content and a HDR SDR conversation 3D LUT. which have you created both can be loaded under HDR.

the OS HDR is not recommended and turns everything into HDR and palys around with the image.

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling