Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 1st April 2015, 10:35   #7841  |  Link
ryszardzonk

I understand that indexing itself can take time, but I was referring to the situation where the index is ready and I am preparing avs script based on the lwi index I input to the "avisynth script creator" inside megui. Perhaps megui is reindexing stream only for trimmed parts?
ryszardzonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2015, 10:50   #7842  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

It is not possible to index only trimmed parts. You may have chosen trim regions which don't match decodable ranges (GOPs). The trims will be applied after the whole source is indexed and then loaded.

The smaller the decodable units, the larger the index will be. Uncompressed or losslessly compressed sources (especially keyframe-only video formats and PCM audio) can be a real pain, causing huge indexes to be created, which have to be loaded into RAM while opening a source file, except a GUI would know when to avoid the caching to avoid huge indexes where they are not necessary. As a thumb rule, you should possibly prefer AviSource over L-SMASH Source for AVIs with lossless/DV/MJPG video and PCM audio, if you don't have an option to disable indexing.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2015, 16:36   #7843  |  Link
ryszardzonk

My sources are only TS files recored from DVB streams in MPEG2 and MPEG4 formats. As I record some tv channels for extended period of time it is important to use only needed parts and cut out the rest. DG* tools do quite fine job for most of them, but for those with most advanced forms of codecs that they are not able to handle I am using l-smash to index. I understand l-smash has to index the whole file which obviously would take time which is no problem, but after file is indexed and I want to load LWI index into AVS script creator it takes long there and so does the process of saving the script and loading it in the queue. Seems like 30-60sec for that task means it does there more than loading file into the RAM hence the question where the delay is coming from as for other indexes it was almost instant.
Old 1st April 2015, 17:18   #7844  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

It may also be possible that MeGUI deletes the existing index to enforce recreating it when you create a new AviSynth script, because the indexer does not recognize if the index is up to date, and may not create a new index when you have a new content with the same file name, so L-SMASH Source may try to open new content with an old index which doesn't match the new content with the same file name...

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2015, 11:40   #7845  |  Link
Zathor

That should not happen. Does it happen? Then I need to have a look and fix it.
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2015, 12:25   #7846  |  Link
salam2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by salam2009 View Post
Hi everyone,
I get this frustrating mkvmerge error occasionally after encoding videos (without adding their audio tracks) using x264 Encoder (which I need) then muxing the result with the audio from the file source.

"video.720p.mkv: Error in the Matroska file structure at position 4010858. Resyncing to the next level 1 element.
The last timecode processed before the error was encountered was 00:00:19.978000000.
Resyncing successful at position 4782373.
The first cluster timecode after the resync is 00:00:25.025000000."

Now when the video reaches the defective minutes, the picture freezes with continuous audio until the point of the first cluster timecode arrives!
If the error doesn't show up in mkvmerge, the muxed file will probably get the same issue!
I tried the old versions of mkvmerge to be sure but got the same error, so it must has something to do with MeGUI encoding process.
I'm using v2525 of MeGUI with updated components and even tried reinstalling it along with K-Lite Mega Codec Pack but sadly that didn't help either!
Any tip would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a bunch!

Cheers,
Salaam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
That should not happen. Does it happen? Then I need to have a look and fix it.
What about me?

Last edited by salam2009; 3rd April 2015 at 12:35.
salam2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2015, 18:23   #7847  |  Link
Zathor

Sorry, no clue. Post a full log please. Also run only the command line of the encoding to see if MeGUI is the problem.
Old 3rd April 2015, 21:57   #7848  |  Link
salam2009

@Zathor
Here you go:
http://pastebin.com/7X64tJeS
It used to encode properly before! I even tried without any AviSynth script and the same thing.
Thanks for any tip

Last edited by salam2009; 3rd April 2015 at 22:00.
Old 3rd April 2015, 23:40   #7849  |  Link
ryszardzonk

I have done some testing to see what is happening and why the delay in queue addition while using l-smath as index. I have used 4 different files with different codecs. Here is step by step what I did
1. created file indexes with CTRL+ F2 [ l-smash, select first audio track only, uncheck "on completion load files"]
2. created avs scripts with CRTL+R [used & edited preset]
3. saved scripts and timed how long would it take load into Input/Video encoding screen [video preview disabled in megui options to speedup process as with it it takes even longer]
4. added audio to the queue [no delay in load time as it instantly appeared in the queue]
5 added video to the queue [timed the delay before it appeared in the queue]

What strikes me is the difference between handling audio and video from the same script. Obviously for video avs script gets checked for proper settings, but so it does for DG* tools indexes and there addition to the queue is instant. What might be important is I create DG* indexes directly using those apps outside of megui for only the needed parts and just load created that way indexes into megui.

Times
http://pastebin.com/kWVdhyXe
Logs
http://pastebin.com/5ye0thEi
AVS Scripts
http://pastebin.com/Gzjjjdn5
Old 4th April 2015, 00:22   #7850  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryszardzonk View Post
DG* tools do quite fine job for most of them, but for those with most advanced forms of codecs that they are not able to handle
Are you talking about HEVC? It sounds highly dubious that you capture DVB TS with HEVC video, and your links point to simple MPEG2 video. So please tell what formats you are unable to use with DG tools, and why you cannot use DG tools on the source you linked to.

Last edited by videoh; 4th April 2015 at 00:42.
videoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2015, 07:52   #7851  |  Link
ryszardzonk

If you look closely 2 of them are MPEG2 and other two are AVC not handled by DGIndex nor DGAVCIndex or DGAVCIndexDI. They samples are meant to compare results of different cases and if You notice delays happen in both cases.
Old 4th April 2015, 17:00   #7852  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

DGDecNV or DGDecIM will properly handle those AVC streams.
Old 4th April 2015, 17:56   #7853  |  Link
ryszardzonk

yeah except is DGDecNV is for nvidia cards only which kinda sucks if you have shiny new radeon which is what I purchased just prior to buying licence for it and second DGDecIM has no gui like other DG* tools have which mean I am not able to use it to make indexes with parts already cut out to feed it into MeGUI. That leaves me only with l-smash which by all means is perfect for the job. Only those delays kinda strange.

From further testing I did it seems that it is not index that gets recreated as time on those files does not change. It might be related to this https://github.com/l-smash/l-smash/issues/7 Probably whole index has to be read and movie checked to go through the megui heuristics of AVS script checking for proper values.
Question is there any way around it? Possibly option in preferences to disable that script checking until it is started in the queue could appear?
Old 4th April 2015, 19:25   #7854  |  Link
Zathor

Code:
2529 [MainForm]             improved Drag & Drop handling. Bug #786
2528 [AVI Muxer]            disabled FPS change option as it is not supported. Bug #785
2527 [Audio Encoder]        fixed RaWavSource() for 64bit files >2GB. Bug #792
2526 [HD Streams Extractor] fixed 3D Blu-Ray processing (regression of eac3to 3.28+). Bug #795
Old 5th April 2015, 11:18   #7855  |  Link
salam2009

Quote:
Hi everyone,
I get this frustrating mkvmerge error occasionally after encoding videos (without adding their audio tracks) using x264 Encoder (which I need) then muxing the result with the audio from the file source.

"video.720p.mkv: Error in the Matroska file structure at position 4010858. Resyncing to the next level 1 element.
The last timecode processed before the error was encountered was 00:00:19.978000000.
Resyncing successful at position 4782373.
The first cluster timecode after the resync is 00:00:25.025000000."

Now when the video reaches the defective minutes, the picture freezes with continuous audio until the point of the first cluster timecode arrives!
If the error doesn't show up in mkvmerge, the muxed file will probably get the same issue!
I tried the old versions of mkvmerge to be sure but got the same error, so it must has something to do with MeGUI encoding process.
I'm using v2525 of MeGUI with updated components and even tried reinstalling it along with K-Lite Mega Codec Pack but sadly that didn't help either!
Any tip would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a bunch!

Cheers,
Salaam
Quote:
@Zathor
Here you go:
It used to encode properly before! I even tried without any AviSynth script and the same thing.
Thanks for any tip
@Zathor
Just in case you missed it.
Old 5th April 2015, 15:34   #7856  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryszardzonk View Post
DGDecIM has no gui like other DG* tools have which mean I am not able to use it to make indexes with parts already cut out to feed it into MeGUI. That leaves me only with l-smash which by all means is perfect for the job.
Does Lsmash have a GUI that makes those cuts? Just trying to understand what Lsmash is giving you that DGDecIM does not.
Old 6th April 2015, 00:02   #7857  |  Link
ryszardzonk

Lsmash is easier to use as it is present in the MeGUI while DGDecIM is not and is command line only. From picking the two index creators preparing the index I therefore much rather use Lsmash.

Lsmash is also actively developed while the other is not which means that in the future there will be codec which first will support and latter would not. There is a chance that someone would take a look at my posts and figure out the way to speed up the avs creation through megui based on its index
Old 6th April 2015, 13:00   #7858  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
@Zathor
Here you go:
Thanks for any tip
Is the problem reproducible? In the log I cannot find the error at all. If yes encode from the command line or with a different tool If the problem still exist you should ask for support on e.g. on the mkvmerge side.
Old 7th April 2015, 00:25   #7859  |  Link
salam2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
Is the problem reproducible? In the log I cannot find the error at all. If yes encode from the command line or with a different tool If the problem still exist you should ask for support on e.g. on the mkvmerge side.
What about log's "Standard error stream" repeated errors?
And how do I run the command line exactly?
I don't think it has to do with mkvmerge as it only occurs with MeGUI encodings!
Thanks man

Last edited by salam2009; 7th April 2015 at 00:32.
Old 7th April 2015, 09:23   #7860  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
What about log's "Standard error stream" repeated errors?
Blocks like:
Quote:
--[Information] [01/04/2015 06:13:11 ?] Standard error stream
---[Information] [01/04/2015 06:13:14 ?] raw [info]: 1280x536p 1:1 @ 60000/1001 fps (cfr)
---[Information] [01/04/2015 08:28:31 ?] encoded 342413 frames, 42.18 fps, 4716.90 kb/s
are only info with encoding statistics.

In your pastebin there are 10 jobs without errors.

Tags
megui