Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 3rd April 2003, 22:54   #1  |  Link
Holomatrix
Still Kick'n

Having problem running DVD2SVCD avs scripts with new version

I don't know if it is just me but with this new line ; Import("C:\MovieRip\RESAMP~1.AVS") added, the second CCE pass bombs out with an AVIsynth 2.08 access violation but not when I don't include it.
Plus I have a problem with the AVIsynth 2.51 avs created, and that is with the filter msharpen, it needs to be told the color space (ConvertToYUY2()) before it is called, DVD2SVCD adds the line at the end of the script which craps out to. Am I just going to have to live with editing the script before encode? or can this be some how told were to incert before I hit the GO button. Great work by the way
Holomatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2003, 23:53   #2  |  Link
DDogg
Retired, but still around

Quote:
with this new line ; Import("C:\MovieRip\RESAMP~1.AVS") added, the second CCE pass bombs out with an AVIsynth 2.08 access violation but not when I don't include it.
Hmm, I didn't test with 2.08, so that might be classed as a bug.
Quote:
Am I just going to have to live with editing the script before encode?
Probably, at least until somebody does that filter in YV12. If you don't stay in YV12 colorspace until the end of the script there is not much reason to use 2.5x in the first place (IMO).

One thing that everybody reading should clearly understand: Support for Avisynth 2.08 and 2.5x is alpha state and only to be used by experienced users who understand the colorspace issues and that all of the old plugins do not work with it.

So, hey, If ya don't know the dif between YV12 and a hole in the ground, DON'T mess with it until later, especially if you use non YV12 plugins. I know DVD2SVCD was hesitant to support it because of a potential tech support nightmare for the mods.

Saying that for the record, if you just do a standard dvd encode to svcd using the normal stuff, you should be ok.
DDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2003, 00:01   #3  |  Link
Holomatrix
Still Kick'n

Ok thanks for the info. I did notice a speed increase with 2.51 once I modified the line order in the script, almost a 0.2 increase, so was hoping to still use AVIsynth 2.51, I'll just need to read more on the colorspace thing
Old 4th April 2003, 00:54   #4  |  Link
pacohaas
Audio Moderator

with 2.5 installed, and using de-interlace filters (blendfields and smart), the deinterlace line is not recognized by avisynth: scripterror: there is no function named "Blendfields". Has the command changed in 2.5 or something?
Old 4th April 2003, 01:52   #5  |  Link
DDogg

I know he ran into problems with smartdeinterlace not working under 2.51. I don't know if he resolved it. Dunno.
I don't do deinterlace, but could you not use
the later versions of DeComb?
Old 4th April 2003, 06:08   #6  |  Link
DDogg

BTW, I noticed a yv12 and YUV2 version of Simpleresize on www.avisynth.org

I could get my self in trouble , but if you are using 2.51, and if you have problems, and if you use simpleresize or interlaced resize, you might want to give it a try.

http://www.trbarry.com/SimpleResize.zip

Oh, I should add that if you change a filter from those that come in the install package and have problems, don't even think about asking the mods here for help and don't blame me either. I jest be de messenger.

Last edited by DDogg; 4th April 2003 at 06:15.
Old 4th April 2003, 09:15   #7  |  Link
dvd2svcd

Re: Having problem running DVD2SVCD avs scripts with new version

Quote:
Originally posted by Holomatrix
I don't know if it is just me but with this new line ; Import("C:\MovieRip\RESAMP~1.AVS") added, the second CCE pass bombs out with an AVIsynth 2.08 access violation but not when I don't include it.
Plus I have a problem with the AVIsynth 2.51 avs created, and that is with the filter msharpen, it needs to be told the color space (ConvertToYUY2()) before it is called, DVD2SVCD adds the line at the end of the script which craps out to. Am I just going to have to live with editing the script before encode? or can this be some how told were to incert before I hit the GO button. Great work by the way
1. What version of CCE are you using?
2. Why don't you just edit dvd2svcd.ini and add ConvertToYUY2() before your call to MSharpen?
Old 4th April 2003, 09:17   #8  |  Link
dvd2svcd

Quote:
Originally posted by pacohaas
with 2.5 installed, and using de-interlace filters (blendfields and smart), the deinterlace line is not recognized by avisynth: scripterror: there is no function named "Blendfields". Has the command changed in 2.5 or something?
It doesn't exist in 2.51 (yet). Revert back to 2.08 if you want to use Blendfields.
Old 4th April 2003, 17:24   #9  |  Link
Holomatrix
Still Kick'n

I'm using CCE 2.66b1 (has ecl support) and I've tried 2.67 with eclCCE. Both fail at second pass. and yes I'll just manually change my script until a YV12 version of msharpen come out. The line is fine when I use AVIsynth 2.51 though. Just was wondering why the change/new line. Thanks
Old 4th April 2003, 19:07   #10  |  Link
Holomatrix
Still Kick'n

Ok, I am going to use ashap instead. It's faster than msharpen too.

Import("C:\MovieRip\RESAMP~1.AVS")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\DVD2SVCD\AVISYN~1.5PL\Mpeg2dec\MPEG2D~1.DLL")
mpeg2source("C:\MovieRip\DVD2AV~1.D2V")
BicubicResize(352,480,0.0,0.6)
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\YV12filters\Fluxsmooth.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\YV12filters\Blockbuster.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\YV12filters\asharp.dll")
FluxSmooth(5,5)
Blockbuster(method="noise", variance=.5, seed=1)
asharp()
ConvertToYUY2()
ResampleAudio(44100)

The problem now is that the peoples faces are blue. wierd. is this because DVD2SVCD added the ConvertToYUY2()? do I need this line in my script?

Should I go over to the AVIsynth forum now
When I view the script in Virtual DUB the picture looks fine. or could this be a CCE problem? DAMN

EDIT:- I ran the script through TMPEG and the color was fine. so what the hell is CCE's problem

Last edited by Holomatrix; 4th April 2003 at 19:27.
Old 4th April 2003, 19:30   #11  |  Link
dvd2svcd

Are you doing AVI2SVCD conversion? Anyway, use the SwapUV() command to fix the blue color problem.

http://www.avisynth.org/index.php?page=Swap
Old 4th April 2003, 19:32   #12  |  Link
Holomatrix
Still Kick'n

Hi, no, just DVD to CVD. So, just add this to the end of my script then when DVD2SVCD adds ConvertTo at the end, all should be well?
Thanks

EDIT: Worked, great. I think this is going to be a great weekend

EDIT2: getting back to the de-interlacing from above, I've always used Telecide(PAL) on NTSC interlased DVD's and it turns out great. Blurs the image slightly, like a Bilinear resize. 2cents

Last edited by Holomatrix; 4th April 2003 at 19:47.