Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10th December 2011, 15:36   #7641  |  Link
dead_screem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat357 View Post
Just a quick question : how did you adjust this settings ?
MPC-HC crashes when trying to access the Dscaler Mpeg decoder settings (well known problem, reason is DEP) and if I change the settings in Graphstudio, they don't seem to retain.
Have you find a way to exclude your player from DEP ?
maybe he wasn't using win 7?

anyway, they are stored in the registry. goto "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DScaler5\MpegVideo Filter" in regedit and edit what you want. or you could paste the following into a .reg file (edit if you want before hand) then merge to the registry by double clicking.

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DScaler5\MpegVideo Filter]
"Display Forced Subtitles"=dword:00000001
"3:2 playback smoothing"=dword:00000000
"Inverse Telecine"=dword:00000001
"Change FPS"=dword:00000000
"Deinterlace Mode"=dword:00000000
"Video Delay"=dword:00000000
"Use accurate aspect ratios"=dword:00000000
"DVB Aspect Preferences"=dword:00000000
"Hardcode for PAL with ffdshow"=dword:00000000
"IDCT to Use"=dword:00000002
"Colour space to output"=dword:00000000
"Do Analog Blanking"=dword:00000001
"Force Field 1 first Flag"=dword:00000000
dead_screem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2011, 16:03   #7642  |  Link
Leader

Thank you very much, dear nevcairiel for a change, I'm sorry that bother you, just found the problem and decided to report it, but please do not forget to adjust the settings window LAV Audio Decoder opening in Windows XP, go to Start \ All Programs \ LAV Filters.
Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2011, 18:48   #7643  |  Link
mindbomb

So, now that madvr has dxva deinterlacing, would it be possible to implement hardware acceleration using openvideodecode?
or is the api too hard to work with?

also, is this amd specific, or would it work with ivy bridge in the future?

Last edited by mindbomb; 10th December 2011 at 18:59.
mindbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2011, 19:09   #7644  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindbomb View Post
would it be possible to implement hardware acceleration using openvideodecode?
or is the api too hard to work with?
It always was possible, but i have absolutely no interest in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindbomb View Post
also, is this amd specific, or would it work with ivy bridge in the future?
Its an API invented by AMD, what makes you think Intel would support it any time?
Old 10th December 2011, 19:17   #7645  |  Link
mindbomb

i was thinking because intel is adding support for opencl, so it may work, but it looks like openvideodecode is specifically for uvd, right?

is it like really hard to work with, since i think the coreavc attempted to add it in their decoder, but they ended up just using dxva instead.

Last edited by mindbomb; 10th December 2011 at 19:47.
mindbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2011, 21:08   #7646  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

OpenVideoDecode is stupid. It's not any easier than DXVA, it requires the use of OpenCL, for which AMD offers no Direct3D9 interop at the moment, it doesn't support deinterlacing and it's strictly AMD, only. NVidia's CUDA Decoding solution is much better, it's much easier to use than DXVA, it offers CUDA access with Direct3D9 interop and it does support deinterlacing. Furthermore, NVidia is very fast at GPU -> System RAM copy, while AMD is very slow with that. NVidia's solution: All good. AMD's solution: All bad. Sorry, but that's the honest truth.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2011, 21:15   #7647  |  Link
sexus

hows that dvd support comin along? nevcairiel
sexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2011, 21:25   #7648  |  Link
fastplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexus View Post
hows that dvd support comin along? nevcairiel
Here's your new browser homepage:
http://code.google.com/p/lavfilters/issues/detail?id=47
fastplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2011, 01:22   #7649  |  Link
sexus

i see so i guess he still working on it xD
sexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2011, 01:29   #7650  |  Link
SamuriHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexus View Post
i see so i guess he still working on it xD
And that's pretty much a safe bet until he comes out and says "it's done". You'll not miss it being announced when he's finished it, I'm quite sure. Either it'll be in a special build to try it out, or, it'll be in the release notes for a future version.
Old 11th December 2011, 09:42   #7651  |  Link
XadoX

Quote:
Originally Posted by XadoX View Post
Thx for the fast feedback. At first tests the stuttering seems to be gone. I have to do some more testing to be realy sure.
The stuttering ist gone, thx for the quick bugfix.
XadoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2011, 18:03   #7652  |  Link
CruNcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
OpenVideoDecode is stupid. It's not any easier than DXVA, it requires the use of OpenCL, for which AMD offers no Direct3D9 interop at the moment, it doesn't support deinterlacing and it's strictly AMD, only. NVidia's CUDA Decoding solution is much better, it's much easier to use than DXVA, it offers CUDA access with Direct3D9 interop and it does support deinterlacing. Furthermore, NVidia is very fast at GPU -> System RAM copy, while AMD is very slow with that. NVidia's solution: All good. AMD's solution: All bad. Sorry, but that's the honest truth.
I remember times where this was the exact opposite its heavy how fast Nvidia overrun ATI in Digital Video (though it took some years and theirfore ATI hit them in 3D/Power performance) especially realizing early on how much better its is to make their APIs available not only to NDA subscribers and really open their whole DSP portfolio and creating a huge ecosystem where everyone is involved from big isv partner to home coder and end user fixing bugs early on, though still ATI/AMD have some nice additional stuff inside their driver currently that Nvidia doesn't have yet like the realtime deshaking (ATI/AMD where first with that)
AMD was really to late to this Open ecosystem idea with exclusive NDA stuff and resheduling realeases over and over (to be exact 2 years to late) also this gave Intel time to catch up which also buildup a big High Quality ecosystem like Nvidia did early on

Though ATI/AMD where always straight on implementing stuff directly from their Labs into their Drivers like the Realtime Deshaking,adaptive sharpening and so on

It is about Time

Join the Revolution NOW before it is to Late !

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168004

Last edited by CruNcher; 11th December 2011 at 18:24.
CruNcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2011, 19:13   #7653  |  Link
mkanet

I don't use mpc-hc. To be honest I didn't even know there was a problem's using other players. Sagetv player does exactly what graphstudio does.. except it inserts EVR as video tenderer. What is DEP by the way?

PS: As an additional performance enhancement, I changed default colorspace to yv12 instead of yuy2. Im still trying to make my mind up yo use ivtc=when flag detected or ALWAYS. "Always" has better results for ivtc but seems to adversely affect true Video based material.

Quote:
Just a quick question : how did you adjust this settings ?
MPC-HC crashes when trying to access the Dscaler Mpeg decoder settings (well known problem, reason is DEP) and if I change the settings in Graphstudio, they don't seem to retain.
Have you find a way to exclude your player from DEP ?
mkanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2011, 19:31   #7654  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

could you please try if this VC-1 video plays? doesnt for me (was only a first try though). its from the latest BBC blu-ray: http://www.mediafire.com/?vhxgz1qwxmc2u6b

edit: nvm it does, its ffdshow raw video which creates trouble.

Last edited by Thunderbolt8; 11th December 2011 at 19:37.
Thunderbolt8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2011, 01:03   #7655  |  Link
mbordas

what's the difference or affect of choosing mpeg-2 under lav video "codecs for hardware decoding" versus under the formats tab? I only ask cause I finally got dscaler5 to more or less work with mpc-hc for 24fps on soft telecined dvds, and figured I probably want to disable one or both of these?
mbordas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2011, 01:13   #7656  |  Link
sneaker_ger

If you don't select mpeg-2 under the formats tab, LAV Video will never accept mpeg-2, neither for software nor hardware decoding. If you turn off mpeg-2 in "codecs for hardware decoding" LAV Video will decode mpeg-2 in software mode.
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2011, 01:36   #7657  |  Link
mbordas

thx. on further inspection, it doesn't seem to matter - mpc uses the dscaler decoder, probably because the merit is higher.

funny thing is, dscaler seems to have been around for years. Wonder why its ivtc capabilities never made it into ffmpeg?
mbordas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2011, 02:35   #7658  |  Link
Pat357

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
I don't use mpc-hc. To be honest I didn't even know there was a problem's using other players. Sagetv player does exactly what graphstudio does.. except it inserts EVR as video tenderer. What is DEP by the way?
DEP = Data Execution Prevention
It's a Windows security thing ; most modern processors also have it on HW level.
See http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ked-questions#

I still can't use the Dscaler decoder IVTC because of this...
Some players don't require DEP, for example with Zoomplayer I can access the Dsaler dec properties, but they don't retain on my system. Even not after changing the Dscaler setting directly in the registry.
I'm out of ideas how to use it in MPC-HC. Unless a MPC-HC version with DEP requirements disabled comes along, I'm pretty sure it's plain *impossible* to use the Dscaler decoder.
Pat357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2011, 02:40   #7659  |  Link
dead_screem

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbordas View Post
thx. on further inspection, it doesn't seem to matter - mpc uses the dscaler decoder, probably because the merit is higher.

funny thing is, dscaler seems to have been around for years. Wonder why its ivtc capabilities never made it into ffmpeg?
maybe because it doesn't reliably detect soft pulldown. it's only officially supported on 1080i. whether it works on other formats is a crapshoot (576i dvb doesn't seem to work, 480i dvd does. not sure about others...)

Quote:
I'm out of ideas how to use it in MPC-HC. Unless a MPC-HC version with DEP requirements disabled comes along, I'm pretty sure it's plain *impossible* to use the Dscaler decoder.
have you tried disabling DEP in your system BIOS? (that is, if your system has the option...)
dead_screem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2011, 02:46   #7660  |  Link
Pat357

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbordas View Post
Nice ! I trying to get it working with MPC too, but till now, no success.
I mean the decoder loads in the graph and can decode MPEG-2, but the IVTC is not enabled. I can't enable it because accessing the properties always crashes MPC.
What OS are you running ? I've W7 Professional x64 SP1.
Pat357 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter