Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation

Old 8th September 2003, 08:31   #1  |  Link
Michael Glay

Can I change the subtitles order after dvd shrink output the files?

Hi all. After DVD Shrink output the files. Can i use some softwere to change the subtitles order. for example : 1.Chinese 2.english Change to 1.english 2.chinese. Thanks
Michael Glay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2003, 09:29   #2  |  Link
2COOL
PGC Navigator in Training

Re: Can I change the subtitles order after dvd shrink output the files?

Quote:
Originally posted by Michael Glay
Hi all. After DVD Shrink output the files. Can i use some softwere to change the subtitles order. for example : 1.Chinese 2.english Change to 1.english 2.chinese. Thanks
I'm braindead right now but can I ask why you want to do that? You can easily do this in more than one using IFOedit.
Old 8th September 2003, 10:47   #3  |  Link
MedicineMan

The only way i know to do it in IFOEDIT is to change the default subtitle. Can we change the order of the subtitles?
MedicineMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2003, 11:30   #4  |  Link
2COOL

Swapping a Movie's Audio/Subpictures Attributes

Quote:
Originally posted by MedicineMan
Can we change the order of the subtitles?
You mean like this?

VTS overview:

Title Set (Movie) attributes:
Video: MPEG-2 720x480 (NTSC) (NTSC 525/60) (4:3) (not specified perm.display)
Audio 1:......English............(Dolby AC-3) 2ch 48Kbps DRC...(ID: 0x80)
Audio 2:......Japanese...........(Dolby AC-3) 2ch 48Kbps DRC...(ID: 0x81)
SubPicture 1: English............(2-bit rle ) (ID: 0x20)
SubPicture 2: Español............(2-bit rle ) (ID: 0x21)

to

Title Set (Movie) attributes:
Video: MPEG-2 720x480 (NTSC) (NTSC 525/60) (4:3) (not specified perm.display)
Audio 1:......Japanese...........(Dolby AC-3) 2ch 48Kbps DRC...(ID: 0x81)
Audio 2:......English............(Dolby AC-3) 2ch 48Kbps DRC...(ID: 0x80)
SubPicture 1: Español............(2-bit rle ) (ID: 0x21)
SubPicture 2: English............(2-bit rle ) (ID: 0x20)

To toggle the language name, *Edit* Go to your video attributes in your VTS overview and swap all your values exactly between the languages in question.

To toggle the ID #, you just swap the values in your IFO’s / VTS_PGCITI / VTS_PGC_# / stream status. Note: Your default audio stream value is 32768 and for your default subpicture stream, it’s -2147483648.

Last edited by 2COOL; 11th September 2003 at 20:46.
2COOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2003, 13:44   #5  |  Link
MedicineMan

Yes, that's it. Thank you. Another great guide by 2COOL.
MedicineMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2003, 14:21   #6  |  Link
Michael Glay

Thank you so much 2COOL

I want to do that. Because I usually Backup main movie only. Change the order of subtitle. I can easy and fast to choose the subtitle i want to see on my DVD player.
Old 9th September 2003, 06:21   #7  |  Link
b0b0b0b

2Cool I just wanted to say thanks for your IFOEdit guides.
b0b0b0b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2003, 07:19   #8  |  Link
2COOL

My humble thanks to each of you.
Old 11th September 2003, 15:07   #9  |  Link
Michael Glay

Hi 2COOL, Can I ask you

I successful to change the position of the audio tracks. But the audio track attribute no swap.

Audio 1: English (Dolby AC-3) 6ch
Audio 2: Chinese (Dolby AC-3) 2ch

to

Audio 1: Chinese (Dolby AC-3) 6ch (Chinese is not 6 Channel)
Audio 2: English (Dolby AC-3) 2ch

After Swap the language name and the ID #. Have I need to swap all the attributes (App Mode, Language, Coding mode, Sample Rate, Channels...) between Audio 1 and Audio 2 ? I need to set the audio or subpicture attributes again?
Old 11th September 2003, 20:48   #10  |  Link
2COOL

Re: Hi 2COOL, Can I ask you

@Michael Glay

Quote:
[i]After Swap the language name and the ID #. Have I need to swap all the attributes (App Mode, Language, Coding mode, Sample Rate, Channels...) between Audio 1 and Audio 2 ? I need to set the audio or subpicture attributes again? [/B]
That's correct and look at the guide again, I have edited it. I hope this won't make it less confusing.
Old 29th September 2003, 02:44   #11  |  Link
muzzzman

2COOL, you're guides are great.....thank you

I have a question, hopefully will be easy for you. I backed up a movie with 4 audio streams,
1. English 2-ch
2. English 5.1
3. French 2-ch
4. English Dir. Commentary

2channel English played by default but I wanted english5.1 to play by default,so I swaped the audio stream values in VTS_PGC_1 of 2.0 and 5.1 making 5.1(32768) and 2.0(33024) as per your guide...works like a charm

The problem I havn't been able to figure out is this...If I go to the Audio/Subtitle Menu to select either of these streams, the wrong 1 now plays. Not too big a deal for me but my wife who watches movies occasionally on a regular 2speaker TV, needs to select the 2channel stereo via Menu's(that's the only way she knows how to do it and doesn't even wanna know any other way).

Is there an easy way to get the Menu button's to select the right audio stream after swapping those values in VTS_PGC? (I would like all my movies to play the 5.1 by default)
muzzzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2003, 04:48   #12  |  Link
2COOL

Quote:
Originally posted by muzzzman
Is there an easy way to get the Menu button's to select the right audio stream after swapping those values in VTS_PGC? (I would like all my movies to play the 5.1 by default)
Well the easy way is to get the registered version of MenuEdit as it has button command editing. It also has other better features as button deleting and cell replacing. Use Menuedit to swap your audio button commands in question.

The other way is the hard way but it's free. You can use a hex editor that has a find and replace all feature. This is how it was done before MenuEdit came along.

Last edited by 2COOL; 29th September 2003 at 05:21.
2COOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2003, 06:45   #13  |  Link
muzzzman

lmao...ok I like EASY but I like FREE even better

This is what I did...Is this what you mean?

Using VOBedit I opened VTS_01_0.VOB where the Audio/Subtitle Menu is and found (Navigation Pack)(VOB 3)(Cell 1)...checked "Button".....found and swaped the HEX values for buttons 1 and 2

The menu buttons now seem to lead to the right Audio Streams

thanx "2cool" for leading me in the right direction and "Cyber" for your posts on HEX editing.....now I just gotta figure out why I just don't leave things they way they are, would save alot of money on aspirin
Old 29th September 2003, 07:41   #14  |  Link
2COOL

Quote:
Originally posted by muzzzman
Using VOBedit I opened VTS_01_0.VOB where the Audio/Subtitle Menu is and found (Navigation Pack)(VOB 3)(Cell 1)...checked "Button".....found and swaped the HEX values for buttons 1 and 2
I forgot to mention VOBedit but I'm glad you knew what do to. Ensure that all your V/C ID: 3/1 Nav Packs have been changed. I was assuming that you were dealing with a motion menu, as I have been working alot with them, so I take you had a still menu. If you did have a motion menu, it may have taken you alot of manual editing and patience.
Old 29th September 2003, 07:53   #15  |  Link
muzzzman

yes it is a still menu....I didn't really know what to do but after reading another post by "Cyber" on HEX editing a split DVD for scene selections I kinda just fluked out I guess....I was hoping it would be that easy with motion menus too but oh-well...thanx again for your help,now I'm gonna tackle removing completely buttons I no longer need
Old 27th December 2004, 21:09   #16  |  Link
dvdthirsty

DVD split with extra menus in both the dvds

Hi,
I have a double layered dvd with a movie in it. It has got 4 audio languages. The movie is structured in the following way:
SIZE | FILE_NAME
--------------|---------------
12,288| VIDEO_TS.BUP
12,288| VIDEO_TS.IFO
14,483,456| VIDEO_TS.VOB
161,792| VTS_01_0.BUP
161,792| VTS_01_0.IFO
21,403,648| VTS_01_0.VOB
1,073,676,288| VTS_01_1.VOB
1,073,676,288| VTS_01_2.VOB
1,073,676,288| VTS_01_3.VOB
1,073,676,288| VTS_01_4.VOB
1,073,676,288| VTS_01_5.VOB
1,073,676,288| VTS_01_6.VOB

The VTS_01_0.VOB file has the main menu(Play movie, Chapters, Songs).
There is another menu(actually an extra) which is in the begening of the VTS_01_1.VOB file. This menu allows to select between the 4 audio languages.
Now I want to back up this DVD. So i have to split it into 2. After splliting, the first DVD allows me to select between the audio languages. But the 2nd DVD does not have the menu for me to select the audio languages even though it has the main menu(Play movie, Chapters, Songs).
Can anyone help me to add the audio language menu to the 2nd dvd?

Thanks
dvdthirsty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2004, 09:21   #17  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

Hi thirsty and welcome to the forums

Undoubtedly, if you copy the VTS_01_0.VOB file to the second disk, the audio menu will be in there. It will be accessible via the menu button on your remote.

The question I'd like to ask is why use 2 disks? Just use DVD Shrink or Nero Recode or the several other compression products out there to eliminate the unwanted audio and shrink the files down to size. Losing 3 audio streams will save you about 600MB and the compression ratio probably wouldn't be too bad.

Just a thought.

Regards

Only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2004, 19:52   #18  |  Link
dvdthirsty

Hi blutach,
Thank you for your response. As i have mentioned earlier, the VTS_01_0.VOB file has the main menu only. The audio menu is in the VTS_01_1.VOB file. When i viewed the dvd using an authoring tool, it showed that the audio menu is an 'extra'.
As for the compressing, I cannot do that as i need the same quality with at least 2 audio languages retained.

Can you pls let me know if there is any way to add the audio menu(which is in the begening of VTS_01_1.VOB file and is an extra) to the 2nd dvd.

Thanks
Giri
Old 29th December 2004, 23:42   #19  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

OK - sorry, I misread you.

On the presumption that it really is a menu, in all its glory and just off the top of my head, you might try this:

1. Demux VTS_01_1.VOB (this contains the menu, right?) into its respective cells (VobEdit is the tool I would use). When demuxing, demux to a separate folder
2. Find the right cell that contains the menu (it will be something like VTS_01_001.VOB) and save it as a separate VTS_01_0.VOB on the folder of the second disk. Of course, by doing this, you will lose your "main menu" on the second disk but most people just want to continue with the movie.
3. Designate this new VTS_01_0.VOB as a root menu (I find PgcEdit easiest for this task). You may also need to edit some of the other menu PGCs to ensure there are no navigation breaks.
4. Save your disk and importantly, GetVTS Sectors (PgcEdit does this for you when you save, otherwise use IfoEdit).
5. Hopefully, you may then access the audio menu when you hit the menu button and importantly, be able to resume afterwards.

Let us know how you went.

HNY and good luck

Only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.

Last edited by blutach; 29th December 2004 at 23:59.
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2005, 06:06   #20  |  Link
dvdthirsty

Hi Blutach,
I tried the steps you mentioned below. It didn't work. After I did what you said, the audio menu is available from the 2nd disc but when I click any of the language links, it's just stopping.
Probably it's missing the links.
Is there any other way out to do this?

Thanks
Giri