Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 1st November 2005, 19:09   #761  |  Link
QuadraQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom9
I added that because when I wrote the autoforcefilm code that suffix was in the file (I always wondered why something that looks like comment was in the file, but on the other hand it's nice not to have to search for it).
Well I went to the DVD2AVI / DGIndex forum to ask neuron2 about this and this was his reply:

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2
The extra stuff on the strings was removed as of version 1.3.1 beta 8.
So I'm hoping that you'll be able to update MeGUI soon to reflect that. Thanks!
Old 1st November 2005, 19:48   #762  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
So I'm hoping that you'll be able to update MeGUI soon to reflect that.
already done.

@Sharktooth: I've been unable to reproduce your problem in the 0.2.2.9 build.
Old 2nd November 2005, 08:21   #763  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Regarding AVC Levels I need your input: VBV isn't so much of a problem, but levels impose limits on frame size and bitrate. Now if we're queueing video jobs manually and have the AviSynth script loaded prior to configuration, I can display the appropriate warning right in the configuration. But once you start using profiles the problems start: say you select your profile prior to selecting the input. When do I notify that the level is incompatible with the frame size, and what about the bitrate?
It gets worse in auto mode as there the bitrate may only be known after audio encoding, so I would have to interrupt the queue to ask you if you want to relax the level for a certain bitrate, or reduce the bitrate (thus not achieving your desired size anymore).

One click mode is worst as there prior to encoding I know neither the framesize of the AviSynth script, nor what bitrate I'm getting.

Either way, as soon as we go automated, levels either have to be ignored or I have to interrupt the queue and you can forget about setting up a couple of movies and encode them through the night or while you're at work if you've made one small mistake with regards to levels.
Old 2nd November 2005, 15:26   #764  |  Link
subcool

Bug report

i'v come across a really annoying bug in MeGui... "sticking to jobs"
when a job is supposed to be finished, MeGui will _not_ start the next job scheduled...
This is version 0.2.2.8 im using

http://arienai.com/Capture.jpg <-- screenshot

also, when i output a x264 encode in .MP4, i cant playback the MP4 (even when muxed with sound)
So i encode to raw first and then mux audio + video -> MP4 wich works fine.

[edit]
forgot to mention this, but when i Abort the stuck job and manually start the next job, the resulting file is playable (when muxed) without errors
[/edit]

Last edited by subcool; 2nd November 2005 at 15:28.
Old 2nd November 2005, 17:29   #765  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
also, when i output a x264 encode in .MP4, i cant playback the MP4
That is definitely in the wrong thread here.. it's an x264 issue not a megui issue. Using the exact same commandline you will get the exact same file regardless of who runs x264.exe. And I see no logs, commandlines and such.. and how do you know it's a bug if nobody else has a problem?
Old 2nd November 2005, 17:42   #766  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

use the "nicefps()" filter in your .avs file: http://mirror05.x264.nl/eMotionEstimation/nicefps.zip

Last edited by Sharktooth; 2nd November 2005 at 17:46.
Old 2nd November 2005, 18:10   #767  |  Link
bond

mp4 files created during an aborted encode will not work. thats the normal behaviour

MPEG-4 ASP FAQ | AVC/H.264 FAQ | AAC FAQ | MP4 FAQ | MP4Menu stores DVD Menus in MP4 (guide)
Ogg Theora | Ogg Vorbis
use WM9 today and get Micro$oft controlling the A/V market tomorrow for free
Old 2nd November 2005, 18:24   #768  |  Link
bob0r
Pain and suffering

"new: you can now manually enter a negative audio delay (delay in filenames was always properly recognized)"

**** KISS ****
Old 2nd November 2005, 19:07   #769  |  Link
hackboyz
Sir Lionel Luckhoo

Hi

what means this error:

Log for job job2-4

IsoMedia import - track ID 1 - Video (size 640 x 272)
Error importing D:\Leon\VTS_01_1 T01 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY 0ms.mp4: Invalid IsoMedia File

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The current job contains errors. Skipping chained jobs
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Log for job job2-4

IsoMedia import - track ID 1 - Video (size 640 x 272)
Error importing D:\Leon\VTS_01_1 T01 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY 0ms.mp4: Invalid IsoMedia File
an exception ocurred when trying to read from stdout: Key cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 3rd November 2005, 01:26   #770  |  Link
subcool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond
mp4 files created during an aborted encode will not work. thats the normal behaviour
I know that, but if you look at the screenshot. All the frames have been processed

@Doom9:
just because nobody else has the same problem, doesnt mean it can't be a bug :P
i'v had this 'sticking' of jobs in multiple encode over multiple version of MeGui en its kinda annoying when you wanna do long encodes at night.

and if you wanna read logs, here is the log of the job that got stuck:
Code:
Next job job1-1 is a video job. encoder commandline:
"C:\x264\x264.exe" --pass 1 --bitrate 718 --stats "D:\encoding\raws\kaleidoscope\Kaleidoscope.stats" --keyint 240 --bframes 2 --subme 1 --weightb --analyse none --qpmax 27 --ratetol 90 --qcomp 0.9 --me dia --sar 1:1 --progress --no-psnr --output NUL "D:\encoding\raws\kaleidoscope\Kaleidoscope.avs" 
successfully set up video encoder and callbacks for job job1-1

Log for job job1-1

avis [info]: 640x480 @ 23.98 fps (34884 frames)
x264 [info]: no need for a SAR
x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities MMX MMXEXT SSE 3DNow! 
x264 [info]: slice I:250   Avg QP:22.16  size: 22593
x264 [info]: slice P:16274 Avg QP:24.32  size:  5707
x264 [info]: slice B:18360 Avg QP:25.93  size:  1001
x264 [info]: mb I  I16..4: 43.0%  0.0% 57.0%
x264 [info]: mb P  I16..4: 11.5%  0.0%  0.0%  P16..4: 36.4%  0.0%  0.0%  0.0%  0.0%    skip:52.1%
x264 [info]: mb B  I16..4:  0.6%  0.0%  0.0%  B16..8: 11.7%  0.0%  0.0%  direct: 4.9%  skip:82.8%
x264 [info]: kb/s:642.8

Actual bitrate after encoding without container overhead: -174933.45

The current job was aborted. Stopping queue mode
The current job contains errors. Skipping chained jobs

Last edited by subcool; 3rd November 2005 at 01:30.
Old 3rd November 2005, 06:19   #771  |  Link
Richard Berg
developer wannabe

Quote:
Version 2.0 final may work as well. Please report your findings.
Different versions of the .Net framework install side-by-side. MeGUI will always be run inside the 1.1 framework unless you recompile it with VS2005.
Old 3rd November 2005, 06:33   #772  |  Link
Richard Berg
developer wannabe

Bugs in 0.2.2.9a:

* Tools -> Settings -> OneClick Defaults gives an unhandled exception. Stack trace:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
Parameter name: '2' is not a valid value for 'index'.
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
at MeGUI.OneClickDefaultWindow..ctor(Hashtable videoProfiles, Hashtable audioProfiles, Int32 videoIndex, Int32 audioIndex)
at MeGUI.SettingsForm.configOneClick_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

* Adding/deleting profiles does not refresh the main window. New profiles don't show up; selecting deleted profiles gives an unhandled exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at MeGUI.MeGUI.audioProfile_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Old 3rd November 2005, 09:26   #773  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
* Tools -> Settings -> OneClick Defaults gives an unhandled exception. Stack trace:
And the scenario would be? I see index two meaning you have profiles.. I can't just reproduce it with the amount of information you've given me. I suspect what happened is that you deleted a profile but due to issue number 2 you mentioned, it wasn't removed from the combobox in the main gui, was still selected, then you went to the settings- one click settings, and it tried to set the video profile combobox to the non existing profile.

However, I cannot reproduce your deletion problem either so can you please give me a scenario, starting with a blank megui.exe (no settings, profiles and jobs), how to create profiles and how I can reproduce your second problem?

Quote:
Different versions of the .Net framework install side-by-side.
Does that really work? I'm wondering if I could create 1.1 compatible binaries with VS2.5.. if so I'll probably upgrade shortly (just burned the DVD image yesterday).

@subcool: does using mencoder work? besweet? mp4box? mkmerge? mencoder for avi merging?

@hackboyz: it probably means something is wrong with your mp4 file
Old 3rd November 2005, 09:55   #774  |  Link
stax76

Of course does side by side execution work, you can install different .NET versions. Assemblies can be installed to the GAC that have same filename but are different in version. Your application will run with the runtime and assembly versions it was compiled against. DLL hell is a thing of the past.

I don't think VS 2005 can compile against .NET 1.1 so you would have to fire up csc.exe by hand. You might have a hard time not to use .NET 2.0 features
Old 3rd November 2005, 10:28   #775  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

hmm... they finally did something right then. This is a major bonus over Java. I know the runtime picks the proper DLL versions but I wasn't aware it also applied to the whole runtime libraries. Thinking about it, it does make sense though. Since you have 2.0 installed and know how to handle a compiler, have you tried compiling MeGUI with the 2.0 csc? It would be neat if I could develop with VS2k5 and then for the release just compile with the 1.1 csc.. but as you said, I've been using the new Java 1.5 features extensively and have missed typed arraylists and hashtables in C# ever since.
Old 3rd November 2005, 12:42   #776  |  Link
stax76

irc compiling your app didn't even issue a compiler warning. When I started StaxRip in april using DVX as base I enabled "treat all warnings as errors". I got more than hundred compile time errors and warnings as the compiler was much improved. Not to mention I had cross thread gui code *everywhere* which worked fine with 1.1 but it is not permitted with 2.0 (you'll get a nice runtime exception). I knew it shouldn't be done back then but I didn't care since it appeared to work very well. Since I felt like redoing anything (having some lessons learnt...) I wasn't much concerned that my code was completely broke using the new runtime. Anonymous methods can be handy for cross gui code btw, not a VB feature as it don't mix well with basic VB concepts but maybe they'll come anyway.

Last edited by stax76; 3rd November 2005 at 12:47.
Old 3rd November 2005, 14:35   #777  |  Link
subcool

Quote:
@subcool: does using mencoder work? besweet? mp4box? mkmerge? mencoder for avi merging?
Besweet works, MP4box and mencoder work too. I do not use mkvmerg and avi merging. I only output to RAW and mux that to MP4.

[edit]
Strange thing is that sometimes is does do the chained jobs (1-1 and 1-2) but then gets stuck on job 1-2.
[/edit]

Last edited by subcool; 3rd November 2005 at 14:37.
Old 3rd November 2005, 19:44   #778  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
over multiple version of MeGui en its kinda annoying when you wanna do long encodes at night.
with which version did it start?
Is x264.exe still running before you manually abort?
Also, could you run the exact same commandline that gets stuck (does it always? if you restart the job does the same thing happen) in a commandline and paste everything you see here?
Old 3rd November 2005, 23:13   #779  |  Link
Richard Berg
developer wannabe

Quote:
Your application will run with the runtime and assembly versions it was compiled against.
Yup. I have about 15 versions of the framework on my dev machine...

Quote:
It would be neat if I could develop with VS2k5 and then for the release just compile with the 1.1 csc..
I don't know if there's a 2.0 compiler switch to warn you before using 2.0-only features, so you'd have to be careful. The 2.0 framework is actually a smaller download than 1.1 was, so if you switch to VS2k5 you may as well have people grab 2.0 instead.

I will see about reproducing that OneClick Settings problem when I get home. I've never been to that dialog before (analog capture = no OneClick for me). I have Sharktooth's x264 profile collection installed.
Old 4th November 2005, 00:12   #780  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

@Doom9: x264 has got a new option: trellis quantization.
usage:
-t, --trellis <integer> Trellis RD quantization. Requires CABAC. [0]
- 0: disabled
- 1: enabled only on the final encode of a MB
- 2: enabled on all mode decisions
Closed Thread