Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 5th August 2005, 12:00   #441  |  Link
Yama4050242
DeadFat

i do the thing you told me to do, the commandline is from the job1-1.xml before encoding, yeah, i use automatic 2 pass,
Old 5th August 2005, 12:08   #442  |  Link
leowai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yama4050242
<Commandline>"G:\SoftWarez\Encoding\WorkShop\MeGUI\X264CLI\x264.exe" --pass 1 --bitrate 700 --stats "2pass.log" --ref 3 --bframes 3 --no-b-adapt --b-pyramid --subme 7 --weightb --analyse all --8x8dct --qpstep 1 --me --progress --no-psnr --output NUL "I:\Sports\TestField\HDTV\temp.avs"</Commandline>

this is for the exhaustive
What if you extract the MeGUI program files into a new folder? Is the bug remains (will the program still produce such a output command line)?

Last edited by leowai; 5th August 2005 at 12:10.
Old 5th August 2005, 12:10   #443  |  Link
Yama4050242
DeadFat

Quote:
Originally Posted by leowai
What if you extract the MeGUI program files into a new folder? Is the bug remains (can you reproduce this output command line)?
yeah, i did extract the MeGUI to a new folder, the problem did not solve
Old 5th August 2005, 13:36   #444  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

@Yama4050242: I think you do not understand that MeGUI has three modes. Regular mode is using just the main window.. you press the Queue button and jobs are added to the queue. That is regular mode. In all other modes, you have another window on screen at the point where the jobs get added to the queue. There are two modes: auto-mode. You enter auto-mode if you press the button entitled AutoEncode. And then there's the one click mode which you can enter only via the tools menu.

Now, I presume you're using automode. If you search this thread you'll find a lengthy explanation by myself on the subject of updating bitrates. Can you tell me if the job you posted has had its bitrate updated or not? I fear that with every bitrate update, the me (and subq for that matter) might get increased.
Old 5th August 2005, 14:01   #445  |  Link
Yama4050242
DeadFat

then i just use regular mode, i just add the video and choose the profile and press queue

i just choose any bitrate and test, it is the same, and i havent update it

Last edited by Yama4050242; 5th August 2005 at 14:03.
Old 5th August 2005, 14:37   #446  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

this is weird as this is what I'm doing and I cannot reproduce it. The only difference is that I don't use any profile (I don't have any)
Old 5th August 2005, 14:48   #447  |  Link
Yama4050242
DeadFat

currently, i also dont have any profile, and just do the setting, the problem is still there? is it conflict with other software i install? is that possible?
Old 5th August 2005, 15:54   #448  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
is it conflict with other software i install? is that possible?
very doubtful. Can you try this: delete settings, jobs, profiles, start again, load video, press config, change me method (and nothing else!!!), press Ok, press Queue, close MeGUI and then open the job xml file and look at your commandline. On my machines it matches what has been configured.
Old 5th August 2005, 21:33   #449  |  Link
Yama4050242
DeadFat

<Commandline>"G:\SoftWarez\Encoding\WorkShop\MeGUI\X264CLI\x264.exe" --bitrate 700 --analyse p8x8,b8x8,i4x4 --qpstep 1 --me esa --progress --no-psnr --output "I:\Sports\TestField\HDTV\temp.mp4" "I:\Sports\TestField\HDTV\temp.avs"</Commandline>

it is ok for your setting, but automated 2pass's 1st pass got problem

for your setting and just change ABR to automated 2pass it gives
<Commandline>"G:\SoftWarez\Encoding\WorkShop\MeGUI\X264CLI\x264.exe" --pass 1 --bitrate 700 --stats "2pass.log" --subme 6 --analyse p8x8,b8x8,i4x4 --qpstep 1 --me --progress --no-psnr --output NUL "I:\Sports\TestField\HDTV\temp.avs"</Commandline>
Old 6th August 2005, 05:49   #450  |  Link
leowai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yama4050242
<Commandline>"G:\SoftWarez\Encoding\WorkShop\MeGUI\X264CLI\x264.exe" --bitrate 700 --analyse p8x8,b8x8,i4x4 --qpstep 1 --me esa --progress --no-psnr --output "I:\Sports\TestField\HDTV\temp.mp4" "I:\Sports\TestField\HDTV\temp.avs"</Commandline>

it is ok for your setting, but automated 2pass's 1st pass got problem

for your setting and just change ABR to automated 2pass it gives
<Commandline>"G:\SoftWarez\Encoding\WorkShop\MeGUI\X264CLI\x264.exe" --pass 1 --bitrate 700 --stats "2pass.log" --subme 6 --analyse p8x8,b8x8,i4x4 --qpstep 1 --me --progress --no-psnr --output NUL "I:\Sports\TestField\HDTV\temp.avs"</Commandline>
OK. I managed to reproduce your problem now!

Clean MeGUI program (no profile).

Test procedure:
a. Open up MeGUI (of course )
b. Load avis input file
c. Click Codec "config" button

Then follow the steps when "x264 Codec Configuration" dialog shown.
1. Advance tab-> Select ME Algo (see below)
2. Main tab-> Change ABR to Automated 2passes (Turbo not selected)
3. OK and queqe.

Results for different ME Algo
1. Diamond
first pass: --progress
2nd pass: --me dia --progress

2. No change (ME Algo=Hexagon)
first pass: --me umh --progress
2nd pass: --progress

3. Multi Hex
first pass: --me esa --progress
2nd pass: --me umh --progress

4. Exhaustive
first pass: --me --progress
2nd pass: --me esa --progress

A quick test on automated 3 passes, Exhaustive (Turbo not selected)
--me --progress
--me --progress
--me esa --progress

Clear enough, if Turbo is not selected, there will be errors in output command lines.

Probably Turbo should be forced when automated multi-passes is used?.

[edit: typo]
Old 6th August 2005, 10:49   #451  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

@leowai: thank you for that report. Finally I can reproduce the problem as well.

@everyone: take note on how methodical leowai approached the issue. This is how an excellent bugreport should look.
Old 6th August 2005, 12:37   #452  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

a fixed version is out now.
Old 9th August 2005, 12:21   #453  |  Link
TNM
CG Movies Freak

Is it possible to add more audio stream in MP4 muxer window? Currently only 2 audio streams are allowed... Sometimes we may want to add like 3 audio streams: 2 language streams and a directors comment stream
Old 9th August 2005, 12:40   #454  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
Currently only 2 audio streams are allowed
That's right and this will not be changed either. Keep in mind that this is a backup tool. Commentary tracks are something I cannot image listening to for a second time, and to do that, I really can take out my original disc.
Old 10th August 2005, 12:39   #455  |  Link
Mc Onyx

First I apologize if this has been asked before, but why does MeGUI save bitrate value to the profile, example if choose profile for the first pass, queue it, than choose profile for the second pass, i have to enter bitrate value again, it would be nice if it would stayed from the first pass, it's not a big deal, but kinda anoying!
Second thing i don't know if i am doing something wrong (probably), or it's a bug, but it happens in MeGUI and X264CLIgui, so i guess it's my fault, and it's concerning zones, usualy i use quantizer value, but lately i tried with weight, which i was using in Xvid and if my commandline is like this:

D:\Encoding Utilities\X264 CLI>x264 --pass 1 --bitrate 1119 --stats "2pass.log"
--bframes 3 --b-pyramid --filter -2,-2 --subme 1 --weightb --analyse none --qpst
ep 1 --direct none --me dia --zones 4202,4750,b=0,25 --progress --no-psnr --outp
ut NUL "D:\DVD\Encoding AVS\DD Test.avs"

- X264 says:

avis [info]: 688x368 @ 25.00 fps (4751 frames)
x264 [error]: invalid zone: bitrate_factor=0.000000
x264_encoder_open failed

- But if i change the comma into point, like this:

x264 --pass 1 --bitrate 1119 --stats "2pass.log"
--bframes 3 --b-pyramid --filter -2,-2 --subme 1 --weightb --analyse none --qpst
ep 1 --direct none --me dia --zones 4202,4750,b=0.25 --progress --no-psnr --outp
ut NUL "D:\DVD\Encoding AVS\DD Test.avs"

- It works, but i don't know if this is ok, because the commandline was generated by MeGUI and X264CLIgui, does it the same. So my question is, what's wrong and is it "point", or "comma"!

- P.S. Sorry for my english!
Old 10th August 2005, 13:07   #456  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
why does MeGUI save bitrate value to the profile
Good question. But either way round it's not ideal. Some people might prefer to have profiles with bitrates (or a quantizer), others would rather not have that value saved anywhere, so either way somebody is going to be unhappy. But why not use an automated 2/3 pass profile instead? That way you won't have to reset the bitrate. Likewise, you could use auto-mode, then update jobs, as in auto-mode, the bitrate is updated after audio encoding (that is assuming you are encoding audio.. if you don't, the bitrate is written into the jobs when they are added to the queue).

As for your second issue, it is not your fault. Well, it is sort of because your computer uses a comma as decimal separator, whereas x264 and any software made for the English market expects a dot. Unfortunately for me, that now means changing the commandline generator to use a different double/decimal -> string conversion for each double/decimal value
Old 11th August 2005, 13:23   #457  |  Link
mc_experimental

For Doom9.

Why megui 0218a (very good tool Doom9!!!) not save log file? When i do an autoencode with shutdown, all work fine but no log, and also whit "delete completed jobs" unchecked in setting box, nothing in queue list. Other thing when select a video/audio profile sometime not working. Only select profile then press config and verify command line is safe, and appears SAR setting not saved in profile (es. make a profile for 16:9 whit SAR 64:45 then change to another profile, SAR remain same).

I use your tool for encoding DVBT recording. X264 and megui are fantastic!!! very very good quality.

Please can add *.mpv *.m2v extensions, or "all file" in D2V Creator input filebox? (Tired press *.* )

Many thanks for your work, and sorry for my bad english (i'm italian)

Bye

Mauro

Last edited by mc_experimental; 12th August 2005 at 01:53.
Old 12th August 2005, 06:59   #458  |  Link
berrinam

On the topic of AR, perhaps there should be an option in the OneClickWindow (not necessarily just the OneClickWindow, but I can't think of anywhere else it would be appropriate) to signal the AR instead of resizing.
Old 12th August 2005, 13:29   #459  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
When i do an autoencode with shutdown, all work fine but no log
Hmm, it might be that due to the way I use to shut down the PC (native System calls), the close event may not be triggered and thus the log not be saved. I've only tested the shutdown once, probably even before the autosaving log was introduced, but I will add log saving to the shutdown method so it will be saved before the system is shut down. The log never made more sense than in the shutdown scenario.

Quote:
and also whit "delete completed jobs" unchecked in setting box, nothing in queue list.
That is desired behavior.. the option says so, doesn't it? If you want the jobs to be kept, don't activate that option.

About the SAR thing: it happens just in the scenario you described.. if a profile has no SAR, the current values are not overwritten because a 0:0 SAR makes no sense (0:0 is the default value). I can change that so that in case there's a 0:0, those fields are cleared.

Quote:
perhaps there should be an option in the OneClickWindow (not necessarily just the OneClickWindow, but I can't think of anywhere else it would be appropriate) to signal the AR instead of resizing.
Good idea, but it would be a codec conditional thing (not every codec has that feature). In such a case, auto-crop should still be done, but no resizing afterwards.
Old 12th August 2005, 13:47   #460  |  Link
berrinam

About the 'delete completed jobs' problem: I mentioned it in the MeGUI dev thread a few days ago, but there hasn't been a new release since then, so the bug still exists, ie it currently ignores your settings, and always deletes completed jobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom9
Good idea, but it would be a codec conditional thing (not every codec has that feature). In such a case, auto-crop should still be done, but no resizing afterwards.
Is it just Snow that doesn't support AR signaling? What happens with cropping to non-mod16 sizes? I suppose a rounding-resize would need to be put in.
Closed Thread