Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 31st January 2015, 08:26   #22201  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Just as a test, you might try remuxing one of the sources that failed to import with MKVMERGE before attempting import.
Good suggestion.. I've encountered some (rare) MKV's I've made with BD-RB (MKVMerge) that later, due to bugs being fixed with MKVMerge, showed as errors with BD-RB when importing. Sometimes fixed by demuxing and remuxing. In some cases...I had to process anew.
Old 31st January 2015, 18:12   #22202  |  Link
soneca

Quote:
Just as a test, you might try remuxing one of the sources that failed to import with MKVMERGE before attempting import.
Thanks for the tip Jdobbs. All four sources were accepted without problems by BDRB after demuxing/remuxing(mkvmerge 7.5.0.).
One of the sources was created with the very recent version(7.4.0).

Last edited by soneca; 31st January 2015 at 18:18.
soneca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2015, 21:25   #22203  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by soneca View Post
Thanks for the tip Jdobbs. All four sources were accepted without problems by BDRB after demuxing/remuxing(mkvmerge 7.5.0.).
One of the sources was created with the very recent version(7.4.0).
The version included with BD-RB is 7.1.0, which I'd tested thoroughly. I'm currently testing 7.5.0, and if I don't run into any issues I'll include it in the next release.
Old 31st January 2015, 23:11   #22204  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
Good suggestion.. I've encountered some (rare) MKV's I've made with BD-RB (MKVMerge) that later, due to bugs being fixed with MKVMerge, showed as errors with BD-RB when importing. Sometimes fixed by demuxing and remuxing. In some cases...I had to process anew.
Same here...
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2015, 13:15   #22205  |  Link
FilipeAmadeuO

Quote:
No. I mean BD-RB doesn't do it automatically as a built-in function -- you have to manually do it by stopping, replacing the file, and restarting.
jdobbs
Do you have any plan to implement a audio/subtitle replacement function on BDRebuilder ?
It would be a great feature

I know i can do it manually by stopping BDRebuilder...

Another question. Is there any way to correct the struture if i want to replace (manually) a DTS_HD by a DTS audio ?

Last edited by FilipeAmadeuO; 1st February 2015 at 13:20.
FilipeAmadeuO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2015, 00:58   #22206  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilipeAmadeuO View Post
jdobbs
Do you have any plan to implement a audio/subtitle replacement function on BDRebuilder ?
It would be a great feature

I know i can do it manually by stopping BDRebuilder...

Another question. Is there any way to correct the struture if i want to replace (manually) a DTS_HD by a DTS audio ?
Well, again I don't know if this is what you want, or how you can do that specifically with BDRB, but if you simply use TSMuxer, remove the audio stream you don't want, and drag and drop the audio track that you do want, and then mux it to whatever you want. If you need further processing with BDRB, then mux it to a 'Blu-ray Folder' and then input the new folder created with TSMuxer with your new audio track, and proceed with BDRB like you normally would.

I hope this helps...
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2015, 05:02   #22207  |  Link
AmigaFuture

MKV (Created from BD-RB) Quick-Play Backup Bug.

I switched mode to Quick-Play Backup. BD-RB imported 5 good MKV's.

Code:

[16:32:00] Importing: TEMP
- [16:32:04] Importing video file: (1 of 5)
  - Collecting audio/video streams from source...
  - Integrating into pseudo-BD structure...
- [16:37:08] Importing video file: (2 of 5)
- [16:37:45] Importing video file: (3 of 5)
- [16:37:54] Importing video file: (4 of 5)
- [16:40:06] Importing video file: (5 of 5)
- [16:41:11] Creating Quick-Play Menu...
   - Encoding menu background...
   - Building menu structure...
[16:41:15] Video import completed successfully.
First Picture is result. Same config as from my Ghostbusters report.

I switched Settings/BD-50 to BD-25... The list has now changed. VID_00003 is removed by BD-RB.

Second picture.

If I alternate BD-25 <> BS-50, there isn't anything that changes. If I switch to Full Backup it now shows. Switch back to Quick-Play and it's gone again.
Switch to Movie and Menus and it's there, as to be blanked. Uncheck it from Movie and Menus and still doesn't show except in Full Backup. (I'm just checking for fun at this point..)

That's what I have so far. It might not be a bug, but for it to disappear like that...an average user could wonder.
Attached Images

Old 2nd February 2015, 18:01   #22208  |  Link
soneca

I imported 4 mkv sources in the quick-play mode, BDRB was set to BD-5(last setting used). When I changed the output to BD-25 one of the sources has been removed by BDRB.

Last edited by soneca; 2nd February 2015 at 18:06.
Old 2nd February 2015, 18:52   #22209  |  Link
jdobbs

I'd need more information. How big is the one that was removed?

Also, the fact that it was removed from the list doesn't mean it is being ignored. It just means BD-RB has decided not to process it, and it will be kept intact. In BD-5 mode that isn't an option, because of DVD+-R bitrate limitations. The question might be, though, whether "intact" is appropriate ever in pseudo-BD structure.

Why would you import and select "Quick-Play" mode? Normally you'd do a full backup after an import. Using quick-play on an import is just redundantly redoing (during the encoding/rebuild phases) what was already accomplished during the import. Quick-Play does do analysis, though, to try and determine what meets it's "keep" parameters (in the Quick-Play settings menu). If that file is smaller than the Quick-Play minimum it will be removed. If it is somehow determined to be a menu it would also be removed (although I don't see how that could happen on an imported source).

With that said, I'll have to look at why the file in AmigaFuture's list is disappearing -- if I can repeat it somehow.

Last edited by jdobbs; 2nd February 2015 at 19:11.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2015, 19:50   #22210  |  Link
jdobbs

@AmigaFuture

How long is VID_00004 (in minutes)? Is it shorter than the setting you have set in "SETTINGS/Import/Quick Play Settings"? If so, that would explain why it disappears when you select Quick-Play. The default is 15 minutes.

I'd also guess that it is shorter than the default BLANK_THRESHOLD (which is 20 minutes). The BLANK_THRESHOLD is used to determine where to decide what is an extra (as opposed to a feature).

Last edited by jdobbs; 2nd February 2015 at 20:00.
Old 2nd February 2015, 20:52   #22211  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Selected "Quick-Play" then imported for those tests. Previous tests were also started from Full Backup and Movie & Menus.

Edit: WELL!! I had messed with the Import/Quick-Play settings a while ago different versions, but I forgot about the "Minimum BD Playlist minutes...." Laughing at myself. I didn't keep the settings from previous...so this was still set "Default". Set it to "1" and the disappearing 371MB is now staying. I tried setting to "2" and that wasn't enough. I'm a little confused about this setting, but...mess with it more and I hope to understand it better. Pardon, JD.

Edit 2: I didn't see your post before this one. VID_00004. 1 hour 31 minutes and 55 seconds.

Last edited by AmigaFuture; 2nd February 2015 at 20:55.
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2015, 21:26   #22212  |  Link
DoctorM

@AmigaFuture - Try setting Minimum Playlist to 0 and see if that helps.
DoctorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2015, 22:43   #22213  |  Link
soneca

It seems I am also confused by these settings, in fact I hardly used the program for such work.
The "Minimum BD / DVD playlist minutes (import threshold)" is also valid for any type of file or only for playlists?
File removed by BDRB lasts for 03:47 and the above configuration has been changed to 0 minutes.

Old 3rd February 2015, 17:06   #22214  |  Link
soneca

Quote:
I'd need more information. How big is the one that was removed?

Also, the fact that it was removed from the list doesn't mean it is being ignored. It just means BD-RB has decided not to process it, and it will be kept intact. In BD-5 mode that isn't an option, because of DVD+-R bitrate limitations. The question might be, though, whether "intact" is appropriate ever in pseudo-BD structure.

Why would you import and select "Quick-Play" mode? Normally you'd do a full backup after an import. Using quick-play on an import is just redundantly redoing (during the encoding/rebuild phases) what was already accomplished during the import. Quick-Play does do analysis, though, to try and determine what meets it's "keep" parameters (in the Quick-Play settings menu). If that file is smaller than the Quick-Play minimum it will be removed. If it is somehow determined to be a menu it would also be removed (although I don't see how that could happen on an imported source).

With that said, I'll have to look at why the file in AmigaFuture's list is disappearing -- if I can repeat it somehow.

You're right jdobbs.
It took for me to understand because there was no indication that the file had not been removed, but "hidden".
The source(VID_00004) was not ignored/removed in the BD-25 mode and remained intact. In the BD-5/9 modes would be processed.
Could it be any extra indication in the log to these sources that are not processed?

Last edited by soneca; 3rd February 2015 at 22:19.
Old 3rd February 2015, 21:52   #22215  |  Link
AmigaFuture

@ DoctorM

I already considered that. Good tip, so far hasn't been needed.

@JD

I've not "upgraded" to the newest BD-RB (still 50.02), but a few times I've noticed I had to abort a process because an x364.exe crashed. Discerning frame rates. This is a vague post, I get it. I'm only informing F.Y.I. I'm going to keep checking it...and if I notice anything more, I'll relate it. I'll "update" it soon and check newer version.
Old 4th February 2015, 00:00   #22216  |  Link
jdobbs

Now that I never force updates (because I removed the timeout), I need to add something to the code to check my server and notify users when a new version is out. The question is: How do I do that without it being too annoying?
Old 4th February 2015, 00:20   #22217  |  Link
soneca

You can add a line like "Check for uptades" in the Help column, and the setup menu the option to be notified or not about new updates.

Last edited by soneca; 4th February 2015 at 00:46.
Old 4th February 2015, 00:46   #22218  |  Link
omegaman7

It won't annoy me Especially if it's something that's manually selected.
Old 4th February 2015, 00:48   #22219  |  Link
AmigaFuture

I agree. Add it to Help.. I disable "Automatically check for Updates?" within programs. If there's an option to "Notify to check?", sometimes I keep that active. I prefer to choose to use the option. Another is to make a "Go to the Website to check for Update." like AnyDVD (HD) has. However you want to word it. There are more than enough programs that prompt users...and through tech stuff that I'm often asked, "How do I stop the -edited word- program from pestering me?" I love Directory Opus as a File Manager and MUCH more but I do NOT like the "Hidden Check" they've built into it even though I'm registered. I have all Check for Updates disabled, but there's still an Icon that displays for "Update Available". Granted, reminders are nice...but covert/on the Sly...I am against!! I block it with Firewall now. My feeling is, "Check when I ask..since you're running on MY computer." Not annoyed with, just don't support hidden checks.
So, I'd love both. Option for.. "May I check online?" and the other in Help to be found and selected. My 2 cents.
Old 4th February 2015, 06:00   #22220  |  Link
jdobbs

I just don't think people will ever click a button for "Check for New version" any more often than they do the "Donate" button. Hell, most people don't even know that one is there (I've gotten e-mails from people asking how to donate). I'd rather have it check automatically occasionally (like most other software does, e.g. AnyDVD). If a click is required, I'd rather it was for "don't check for new versions".

It's easy to say "don't bother me with notifications" when you're not the one having to figure out whether a bug question is from a version that was released a year ago (mainly because they didn't know about the newer ones) -- or have something that really needs to be fixed and there's no way to get it known except to the people who are regulars here on Doom9.

That's the main reason why the expiration was there for so long.

Last edited by jdobbs; 4th February 2015 at 06:11.