Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 18th October 2011, 02:00   #10141  |  Link
robpdotcom

I have a couple of slightly off-topic questions:

I recently switched from an AMD to an NVIDIA card. With the AMD card, my projector's "Info" screen displayed "Deep Color 10bit", but with the NVIDIA card it displays "Deep Color ---bit".

My AVR says 8bit RGB with the NVIDIA card, and I believe it reported 10bit RGB with the AMD (I'd have to reinstall the AMD card to be sure).

So, my questions are: Am I losing anything, or have something set up wrong? Or, does madvr output 8bit anyway, and the AMD was padding it 10bit?

Also, with the AMD card, it was easy to know that it was outputting full RGB. With NVIDIA, I have no idea if it's full or limited. Is there any way to check this?
AMD 6870
robpdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2011, 06:49   #10142  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpdotcom View Post
So, my questions are: Am I losing anything, or have something set up wrong? Or, does madvr output 8bit anyway, and the AMD was padding it 10bit?
You're not losing anything. For one, madVR is limited to 8-bit, and secondly, the consumer cards limit all input to 8-bit as well - what they do with the output is another matter.

Quote:
Also, with the AMD card, it was easy to know that it was outputting full RGB. With NVIDIA, I have no idea if it's full or limited. Is there any way to check this?
Its sadly not really trivial like this. The easiest way would be to just get a test pattern and play that.

If you're using HDMI there is this general rule of thumb:
If you created a custom resolution, its Full-Range RGB, if you're using one of the built-in resolutions, its probably limited range.
Old 18th October 2011, 07:36   #10143  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
If you're using HDMI there is this general rule of thumb:
If you created a custom resolution, its Full-Range RGB, if you're using one of the built-in resolutions, its probably limited range.
This doesn't seem to be the case any more with newer displays. Both Sony LCDs here (2010 models) get 0–255 with the built-in resolutions and no modification.

Definitely something you should check though, and either perform the .inf modification (requires you to extract the installer with an unarchiving application such as 7-Zip first) or create a custom resolution which should force PC levels, but doesn't seem to guarantee it.
6233638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2011, 07:38   #10144  |  Link
robpdotcom

Quote:
Thanks for the answer.

I'm actually having problems creating a custom resolution - every time I try, it says that the resolution already exists.... but all I want is a standard resolution, with full RGB, so I don't know how to create one that doesn't exist.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6233638 View Post
=perform the .inf modification (requires you to extract the installer with an unarchiving application such as 7-Zip first)
Big thanks for that. I had read about the inf modification, but I didn't know how to do it. It was much easier than I imagined - especially with the tip about using 7zip to extract the installer.
AMD 6870

Last edited by robpdotcom; 18th October 2011 at 07:53.
robpdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2011, 08:58   #10145  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
I'm actually having problems creating a custom resolution - every time I try, it says that the resolution already exists.... but all I want is a standard resolution, with full RGB, so I don't know how to create one that doesn't exist.....
You need to change the timing slightly - adjust it from for example 50.000 to 50.001, it wont make a difference on the actual timing, but it will allow you to create the resolution.
Old 18th October 2011, 09:55   #10146  |  Link
Andy o

I've had no problem with the output selector set to 0-255 in the NV control panel (or ATI for that matter). My display can be set manually to 0-255 or 16-235 input, so you know what's being output by the card.
Old 18th October 2011, 10:41   #10147  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

The Output range in the NV panel only influences EVR, it does not relate to the Desktop itself.
Old 18th October 2011, 11:31   #10148  |  Link
Andy o

Sorry I got confused with the way AMD does things. I am getting 0-255 though with stock resolutions, as evidenced by manual 0-255 and 16-235 input tests on my display, and the AVCHD disk patterns.
Old 18th October 2011, 12:08   #10149  |  Link
pacemaker1000

hi guys
i have to change my ati 4650 card to get hd audio so am looking for advice on the best compatability with MadVR
i am looking at either another ati 6xxx or an nvidia gt 430
i do get 23.977 at the moment with the ati but have been told the nvidia with cuda is better

advice appreciated before i pull the trigger

thanks
pacemaker1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2011, 12:48   #10150  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
I've just tested a few things after resetting madVR settings to the defaults.

"limit rendering times to avoid glitches" on its own does not fix things.
"use D3D11 for presentation" on its own significantly reduces presentation glitches.

Combining the two eliminates them. Nothing else needs changed from the defaults.
Yeah, these two options is what I've ended up on my NVidia 9400 HTPC, too, for 25fps @ 50Hz playback.

Quote:
When I try to upscale 720p60 to 1080p60, I get a ton of dropped frames unless I use exclusive mode. No big deal, since I use exclusive mode anyway, but recently I tried to play a similar video with subtitles, and it was un-watchable - even in exclusive mode. I tried setting all of the "trade quality for performance" to lowest quality, and tried different algorithms, but no help. I'm assuming that my GPU just isn't up to the task, so I'm wondering: How I can tell? Are there certain queues (renderer, present, etc) that would give hints? Would a log shed any light on it?
Subtitles shouldn't put much of a burden on the GPU. The higher burden should be on the CPU. Check which queues are empty. If the decoder queue is not full, your CPU is too slow.

Quote:
The only advantage DScaler has is for telecined DVDs. The only reason to use it would be for NTSC DVDs that need 29.97 -> 24p conversion. If you never watch that kind of content, could as well use a faster and more up-to-date decoder.
It's working just as well for IVTCing 1080i60 MPEG2 movies, which is the format almost all HD content (broadcasts and D-Theater) was encoded in before HD DVD and Blu-Ray were released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budtz View Post
If I set my pc up to switch to 24hz when I open a file there is no image, only sound. If I pause/play I get the image. Or if I minimize/maximize. This seems to be regardless if I use madvr’s autofrequency or mpc-hc’s or the program called Autofrequency. Is this a bug in madvr or am I doing something wrong?
Could have to do with the "rendering -> general settings -> delay playback start until render queue is full" option. Try disabling that option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erejnion View Post
Problem is, I think that my video card is just too weak: on a 720p video I got only up to around 20-24fps. For example, when playing a 60fps video, it dropped 2/3rds of the frames. Am I right, or did I mess up something?
Try using less demanding scaling algorithms. In the worst case try Bilinear, but that'd be kinda sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcobra View Post
Im having an issue thats killing me, I just switched to the hdmi out on my 6850 and Im having stuttering issues with 1080p content. It only happens when it switches to exclusive mode its fine when i rightclick it to show the menu but as soon as it goes back to exclusive it stutters again. Its a very slight stuttering thats driving me nuts, drivers have been the same for a few weeks. My other specs are i52500k and 4 gigs of ram..so I doubt its my system any ideas 720p runs fine. The vids run fine on evr but not madvr if that helps.
Do you need exclusive mode? If windowed mode works fine for you, you could simply disable the exclusive mode. It's weird that exclusive mode stutters for you, though. Have you modifed the options a lot? You could try resetting to the default settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dado023 View Post
but again, i wonder, beacuse by default luma upscaling is set to Lanczos which has high red bars???

how come this is default when it has red bars on aliasing and ringing?
Because Lanczos is also the sharpest resampler, and many people value sharpness so high that they don't care much about ringing. In the end it's all a matter of taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nand chan View Post
Would it be possible to use /multiple/ .3dluts, say, 3x2 that are sampled at different points on the screen, and interpolated in realtime, to account for panel uniformity issues?
Uniformity issues are usually per panel (red, green, blue) and totally separate from the other panels. So using three 1dluts would be a much more efficient way for such a feature. That is, if I understand correctly what you're talking about. You do mean brightness variations of a panel, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gser View Post
DScaler IVTC mod works sometimes on 1080i files and sometimes there is a lot of weaving (tested on reference blu-ray material).
Do you have a sample which shows these weaving problems with the DScaler IVTC mod?

Quote:
I seem to have a bit of lag and audio/video sync issues when i set my samsung ue40d6505 tv at 24z. ether with madvr or a blurayplayer. can any1 explain this? it dosnt do it in 60hz mode. this is regardles of content framerate.
This is probably a problem of your TV.

Quote:
Also motion interpolation dosnt work on the pc. It does with bluray and tv. The signal must be different somehow from that of the bluray player yes? I like to turn it up just at 1 setting out of 10 wich makes quete a difference yet keeping af film-feel. Is there a way to do adjustable motion interpoltion with mpc-hc madvr ect. and how does this work? I know i can set the tv to pc mode but its crap and unsuitable for watching movies from a pc.
My best guess is that motion interpolation only works with 8bit sources, and probably your GPU somehow insists of outputting DeepColor. That's just a guess, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messiah View Post
I set Black level to high on my LG(0-255).
But if I tell madVR that my display expects 0-255, i only see bars 18-25 flashing.
If I set to 16-235 then I see bars 2-25 flashing.
Should that be other way around?
No. BTB and WTW are not supposed to be visible on a properly calibrated display. So you not seeing 1-15 flashing is just fine. However, ideally you should see 16-25 flashing. You could play with the brightness and contrast controls of your TV to make 16-17 visible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostzilla View Post
Hi. I have a problem.
When I enable full screen and then minimize my player (potplayer), i get an error (resetting Direct3D device failed (88760868) and the player crashes.
That is probably in XP? It might be a madVR or a PotPlayer bug, not sure. I'd suggest updating to the latest PotPlayer version, just to be safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverking93 View Post
I'm running a Dell Latitude d620 with an Intel 945gm Mobile Chipset. It has 224.0 MB of memory, and supports Dx9 Direct3D. I'm running windows XP. As far as I know, I meet the minimum hardware requirements.
According to wikipedia your GPU only supports PixelShader 2.0 in hardware. It does seem to support PixelShader 3.0 is software, but it seems that's not good enough. madVR requires 3.0 PixelShaders, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbeing View Post
Hmm... Thanks for the info, it sounds completely different than what madshi and yesgrey told me, but is probably correct. I always had the feeling that yesgrey must have coded all the new 3dlut related stuff in 0.62 by the way madshi explained things.

madshi, when you come back around, can you clarify the above for me? Once again, how does madVR interact with the 3DLUT during steps (6) through (9) in >=0.62 compared to <=0.61? What does the 64bit refer to in the steps you listed?
Well, if you look at the step list again, it has 3 sections: "madVR:", "3dlut:" and "madVR:". The steps (6) through (9) are performed by the 3dlut and not by madVR, obviously. The steps (6) through (9) try to explain what yCMS does when creating the 3dlut file. yCMS internally converts everything to linear light 64bit floating point before doing any other processing.

Quote:
It would be interesting to know if the "limit rendering times to avoid glitches" option causes problems for anyone, regardless of whether or not they are experiencing this issue. It seems like it could maybe be enabled by default.
It does limit the rendering times, meaning that it does reduce rendering performance, which can be a problem for slower GPUs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiler View Post
madVR is the best thing. Sorry if that doesn't add much to the conversation.
It may not add much to the conversation, but I still like to read it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fadeout View Post
lots of glitches on MadVR, even if the queues stay all full. The display used is a projector going at 60Hz.

If in window mode I get lots of skipped and delayed frames. If in exclusive mode I get zero missed or delayed, but plenty of presentation glitches.
You're probably using an NVidia card? Try activating the option "limit rendering times to avoid glitches". If that doesn't help, try also activating the DX11 presentation mode. The presentation glitches are a known problem with the newer NVidia drivers. I'm pretty sure it's a driver bug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaurus View Post
I have a suggestion that I think would be very useful.

Make an option in the configuration to either:

1: Display the info (CTRL-J) for 10 seconds after opening a video file.
2: Simply only show the display refresh rate for about 10 seconds.
Things like that are planned for a future version. Not too soon, though.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2011, 12:50   #10151  |  Link
Mangix
Audiophile

nvidia is better i think. hd audio works flawlessly on my gts 450. lav cuvid is also a bonus

edit: wicked timing!

Quote:
hi guys
i have to change my ati 4650 card to get hd audio so am looking for advice on the best compatability with MadVR
i do get 23.977 at the moment with the ati but have been told the nvidia with cuda is better

thanks
Mangix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2011, 12:51   #10152  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeperry View Post
hi madshi, I remember you complaining about some buggy behaviors in the nvidia drivers..did you try to contact their tech support? As much as AMD doesn't give a damn about customers reports, I just contacted them to complain about buggy FLASH DXVA on XPSP3 that locks up any system w/ drivers >266.58 and GF8/9 series. I got an instant and very thorough reply...and even an ETA, all this under an hour
That may be, but I fear that's a different situation. I do plan to report the problem to NVidia, I just don't have much hope for a fix/reply. Anyway, I'll try...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansrfe View Post
Why is it that I see "movie 25.000 fps [says source filter]" in madVR's OSD but I see 29.970 fps in ffdshow's info tab? Is madVR using 29.970 fps from the source in spite of what it says on the OSD? This happens only with .flv files. Using internal MPC-HC flv splitter.
madVR simply reads the fps information from the upstream filter's media type information (see pin connection information in MPC-HC). That's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxMan23 View Post
can you add 3D Vision support, please. There is no free Renderer that can shutter the 3d vision. The commercial software (Stereoscopic player, Powerdvd,..) does not work outside of their software. I want to use it with MPC OR Mediaportal (in future).
I plan to look into 3D sooner or later. But I'll work on making things work with HDMI 1.4 displays. Not sure if my solution will also work for 3D Vision special displays which don't have HDMI 1.4. Probably not, but I don't really know. FWIW, I don't plan to get any non-HDMI 1.4 3D Vision hardware, so I won't be able to test that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobu View Post
i often use my own gui to config my video filter (some media files have differents config files ...) but i don't understand how the madvr setting works in the windows registry.
the only options of the madvr renderer i would like to enable/disable often is the decoding options because on some hd file on my low power computer i need to enable it.

so here is my question: is there any way to enable/disable the decoding options of madvr without launch madvr (with regedit or command line ?)
Currently settings can only be edited while madVR is running. The settings are stored in a private binary format, so you can't simply modify it by using regedit or a command line. However, if you write your own software to edit the settings, you could create a madVR instance, use QueryInterface to get access to the "IMadVRSettings" interface and from there you can edit all settings you want. More details see "mvrInterfaces.h", which is shipping with madVR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullmetal Encoder View Post
is there any chance you could implement your optimized algorithm to provide Lanczos scaling without ringing into madVR?
Yeah, I'm planning to look into that sooner or later. But not too soon. So many other things to do first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestar999 View Post
i uninstalled norton IS 2012 & installed 2011 version & everything went back to normal as it was before installing norton 2012.
Ouch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzso View Post
Looks nice! (at least for a layman like me)
Wonder why isn't it included already, since its madshi's creation.
It's not included already since it's not so easy to implement in a pixel shader. It's certainly possible, but I have to put a specific priority on every thing I want to implement and implementing such a new scaling algorithm in madVR doesn't have the highest priority right now.

Quote:
By the way what does nnedi3 mean. By searching around I only found a deinterlacer for avisynth as nnedi3, but I fail to see how that could be applied to scaling.
NNEDI3 was originally made for deinterlacing. But since it practically doubles the resolution in one direction, it can also be "mis"used to upscale by factor 2x. And it does it extremely well. You can see comparison screenshots at the end of the "non-ringing Lanczos" thread.

Quote:
What I don't quite understand is why I would want exclusive mode. Does it offer me any advantages?

All it does it disadvantages: 1. Slower fullscreen switch time, 2. ugly status notification at the top left, 3. ugly seek bar, 4. unable to take screenshots easily.
How often do you switch fullscreen? I only do it once at the start of movie playback. There will be an option to disable the status notification in a future version. The seek bar looks is a matter of taste. And screenshot functionality is planned for a future version, too.

The benefits of the exclusive mode is:
- guaranteed no tearing (can still happen in windowed mode)
- more stability
- better performance
- ability to pre-present several frames in advance
- probably necessary for 3D presentation (in a future version)
- necessary for 10bit output (in a future version)

On my HTPC I can't get a smooth playback in windowed mode, so I have to use exclusive mode. If you get perfect playback in windowed mode then there's nobody stopping you from disabling exclusive mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portioli View Post
can anybody tell me which are MAdVR`s input luminance levels?
Black is expected at Y=16 and white is expected at Y=235. However, if the upstream filter properly reports what it's sending, madVR can also handle Y=0 for black and Y=255 for white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmonier View Post
On one of my machines, madVR will not go into exclusive mode. This particular machine has 4 monitors on two different video adapters and I suspect that may be the reason. If so, it's no big deal, but I'm interested in any comments.
A log of you trying to go to exclusive mode on that machine may help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiler View Post
How can I send you money?
I'm not accepting donations yet. Please wait for madVR v1.0. Once I get there, I'll accept donations, or maybe make a "pro" version with added features for a small price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProfosist View Post
Im currently having a issue where when i playback on my second monitor using D3D11 for presentation and i enter exclusive mode MPC-HC crashes with the below error: [...]
Unfortunately crash reports like this are hard for me to fix at this point in time. If there was a way for me to reproduce the crash, that would help greatly. Unfortunately these crashes don't seem to occur on my PC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey2 View Post
I noticed that once in a while the following lines fleetingly appears in the OSD:

Composition Rate: 23.976Hz
Clock Deviation: -.1xxx%

(where xxx is presumably the percentage difference between the actual display frequency [the top line of the OSD] and the composition rate (?) ])

Why does this appear and disappear at seemingly random intervals? (While it often displays when I do something like turn subtitles on or off or switch between exclusive and windowed mode. this does not need to be the case.)

I am especially confused since my display value is never exactly 23.976Hz.

I should note that I am using ReClock - with it I see a "1 frame drop" on the order of hours, if not days. In addition, from what I understand, the other values appear solid (once reset, I do not see any frame-drops nor delays and my queues are all full...)
The clock deviation is hard to measure properly. So don't put too much weight on it. If your eyes tell you that you have smooth playback and if there are no dropped or delayed frames or glitches listed in the madVR OSD then you're good.

Quote:
I had my screen rotated and I wanted to check out something in on of the videos. But the player hung. After that I tried with other players and madVR hung all. (potplayer, kmplayer, mpc-hc)
All were fine with EVR.
Where/how can I rotate the display? Never tried that yet. Anyway, fixing this will be low priority for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehcrow View Post
My madVR is stuttering on my XPS 15 laptop.
It only stutters in D3D Fullscreen but it's fine in windowed mode.
My specs are:
i7 2630QM processor
Nvidia GT525M
If you get perfectly fine results in windowed mode then I'd suggest to disable exclusive mode in the madVR settings. No need to use it if you get perfect results with windowed mode. Not sure why you get problems with exclusive mode, though.

Quote:
The LAV Decoder has a lot better performance than the madVR decoder
It does? That confuses me. Ok, my ffmpeg/libav dlls are a few weeks older than those from LAV Filters. Maybe that's where the difference is coming from? I'll update the ffmpeg/libav dlls with the next madVR release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSunrise View Post
Like you already wrote in this thread, the D3D11 path also works best for me (23.976fps or 24fps@24Hz). However, it would be great if you could improve it to the point where going out of FSE mode to windowed draws the desktop each time.

Currently, after you start playback of a file, switching usually works 2-3 times but stops working for no reason and then starts to work again, etc. It is quite random. Switching works in every other mode or path I´ve tested, so there must be something weird going on specifically when you enable D3D11. A workaround is to pause the file and switch when in pause and then start playback again.
Can you describe in more detail what happens exactly? E.g. you say that switching sometimes doesn't work. What happens exactly in that situation? Also you're saying you want madVR to redraw the desktop. What does that mean exactly?

Quote:
Internal calculations may be 16-bit, but the results are dithered to 8-bit. There is a very noticeable drop in quality when using 3DLUTs, even on digital displays, which don't do the best job of displaying 8-bit as it is.
Not sure what you mean. There should be no noticeable drop in quality when using 3DLUTs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarrettH View Post
Does the 'Use D3D11 for presentation' need a DirectX 11 card?
DirectX 11 can handle DirectX 9 GPUs. So all you need is a DirectX 9 GPU. I'm not actually using any new DirectX 11 functionalities, I'm just using the DirectX 11 interfaces/APIs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryBumkin View Post
When the hesitation/stuttering starts;
MadVR status screen shows:
decoder queue is 1-/1/8
That means that the decoder is running too slow. There's nothing madVR can do in this situation.
Old 18th October 2011, 12:59   #10153  |  Link
noee

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacemaker1000 View Post
hi guys

thanks
I have two (so far) HIS fanless 6570s. Flawless with madVR. I don't watch interlaced material. I also have a laptop 6520 that works great as a "portable" HTPC w/madVR/LAVFilters.

No resolution issues, rock-solid 24Hz or 23.976 depending on my config and no issues whatsoever with the drivers and output levels.
noee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2011, 14:15   #10154  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Oops, I forgot to mention that I also get the Avisynth stuttering right when playback starts sometimes, and I have to reseek to have it smooth. Maybe it's a problem in ffdshow, but if it's in mVR...this would be really great to have it fixed if any possible

Here are some logs when it starts to hiccup right away: mVR74 avisynth.rar

checking the option to delay playback until the queue is full fixes the problem completely, but it doesn't change anything to the stutter when I do realtime Avisynth script changes(like in the log I previously provided).
After looking at the logs, the situation is pretty clear: With the "delay playback until..." option disabled, the madVR decoder queue is never higher than 3/8 in your logs, often it stays at 1-2/8. Which means that madVR is not getting the frames fast enough from upstream. I guess that you're using so many post-processing AviSynth filters that your CPU is running near its capacity and as a result the madVR decoder queue doesn't fill up quickly enough. Unfortunately there's not much I can do about that. The "delay playback until..." option is the best I can offer for this specific problem. You may want to get a faster CPU or ease up on your AviSynth scripts a bit. The upstream filters must be fast enough to deliver video frames to madVR in time for rendering. Which currently isn't always happening.

Quote:
I think it would be great to have a "only when playback starts" sub-option to the "delay playback until queue is full" feature if any possible please.
Why? I don't see how that would improve the problem seen in your logs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivan View Post
Lot of dropped frames on any 60 (and 59.94) fps video at any resolution (even on 704x396 video at it native resolution).
That happens if madVR does any colorspace conversion (e.g. YV12 -> RGB32). The only way to avoid it - let ffdshow to convert video to RGB32.
And the only empty queue is backbuffer queue...
Quote:
Yes, CPU and GPU load are less then 10%.
And with other renderers (overlay, EVR, Haali) everything is ok.
So bottleneck is somewhere in the GPU and not in the raw computing power... And it is related to chroma upsampling (YV12, NV12, YUY2, UYVY -> RGB32 conversion).
Tested b/w video - 0 framedrops.

And another strange thing - in exclusive mode even presentation queue is full (3-4/4).
Number of dropped frame is about the same (1000-1200 out from 9240) at any resolution (from native 1024x576 to desktop 1920x1080) and mode (windowed/exclusive).

internal and ffdshow.

everything is set to "use application settings"
Quote:
http://www.mediafire.com/?8co2m4pls56xdnk
Errors are "00003434 Upload drop frame 153, no free vsync slot, plannedVSync: 185"
According to the log the display refresh rate is 59.950Hz while the movie frame rate is 60.000fps. As a result madVR has no choice than to drop frames regularly, to keep audio and video in sync.
Old 18th October 2011, 14:36   #10155  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Can you describe in more detail what happens exactly? E.g. you say that switching sometimes doesn't work. What happens exactly in that situation? Also you're saying you want madVR to redraw the desktop. What does that mean exactly?
I can answer that, since i have the problem as well.
If i'm in DX11 FSE mode, and i try to exit it via hotkey to window mode (i have it bound to F, but MPC-HCs default double-clicking works as well), the video appears to stop rendering, and you see the last frame from DX11-FSE mode. If you then press your hotkey again, everything resumes. Fun fact: if you right-click first to bring up the context menu (and exit FSE), and then double-click/hotkey, it works fine.

It would appear that the DX11-FSE image for some reason does not get cleared off the screen properly, and still sits there, covering the desktop and the player itself.

Its not a important issue for me anymore, as i found some good settings that fix the glitches without DX11 mode.
Old 18th October 2011, 14:37   #10156  |  Link
Damien147

[OFFTOPIC]Is it placebo or PQ in general is different without catalyst control center installed?I installed display drivers only and picture seems more natural.With CCC just installed I think I get a slightly dark contrasty image in comparison.(not talking about ATI Color Control resetting my settings)[/OFFTOPIC]
Damien147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2011, 14:51   #10157  |  Link
SamuriHL

Quote:
Its not a important issue for me anymore, as i found some good settings that fix the glitches without DX11 mode.
Care to share? Cause I'm having problems again with my setup. Went to watch a tivo file last night that's 60 progressive and it was like a slideshow. I just recently upgraded to the latest beta driver which might have something to do with it, but, I'd love to try your magic settings.
Old 18th October 2011, 14:53   #10158  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtacdf View Post
Hi, here's my experience of the 10% increase bug. I first open windows task manager, then a 720p file in mpc-hc with ffdshow avisynth disabled .
Testing evr-cp and madvr 0.74 in that following order, both reported 0% cpu usage in manager when paused at roughly similar frame.

EVR-CP - 0%
madvr 0.74 - 0%

After closing both file and manager but not mpc-hc, I reopen the same file first then execute ctrl+alt+del to open manager. Interestingly, it reported 10% cpu usage.

I'm curious to know if you guys/gals can replicate something similar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtacdf View Post
@madshi

I've just tried what you asked. Ctrl+Shift+ESC does not produce that 10% bug at all. The Ctrl+Alt+Del method does produce it 100% for me.
This is all very weird to me.
Doesn't seem to happen on my XP machine. Can anybody else reproduce this? On XP or any other OS?
Old 18th October 2011, 14:56   #10159  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
Care to share? Cause I'm having problems again with my setup. Went to watch a tivo file last night that's 60 progressive and it was like a slideshow. I just recently upgraded to the latest beta driver which might have something to do with it, but, I'd love to try your magic settings.
I posted them here before:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...93#post1530093

Its running with present queue 7-8/12 on matching material (24@24), with around 5-10/12(iirc, these could be wrong) on integer multiplies (25@50), and a somewhat lowish 3-4/12 on odd setups (24@60), but it doesn't drop a frame or glitch once.

Only the "Exclusive Mode Failed" problem left after watching multiple files .. i should probably create a log for that.
Old 18th October 2011, 15:00   #10160  |  Link
jmonier

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
A log of you trying to go to exclusive mode on that machine may help.
Here are logs with and without trying to go into exclusive mode:

http://www.mediafire.com/?3u985k75va19k
jmonier is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling