Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 12th June 2018, 21:39   #201  |  Link
Alex-Kid
Antronio's DV ambassador

Thanks StainlessS, I knew I forgot something: Avisynth v2.60 ST 32-bit.

I'm going to post that AvsMeter output later, when I get home.

----------EDIT----------

Avsmeter output is too big for the forum, I uploaded to pastebin.

Last edited by Alex-Kid; 13th June 2018 at 05:34.
Alex-Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2018, 20:45   #202  |  Link
Wilbert

I don't know what the problem is. But you have tons of files in your plugin folder and most of them are not even AviSynth plugins.

You might start by leaving only immaavs.dll in your plugin folder. Did you also copy the imagemagick dll's and xml's in your system folder (SysWOW64)?
Wilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2018, 21:24   #203  |  Link
Groucho2004

700+ files in your plugin directory - I was about to start pointing out the files that really don't belong there, duplicates, etc. but this is just silly. As Wilbert suggested, remove everything from the directory (make a backup if you wish) and add plugins as needed.
Old 8th May 2019, 16:15   #204  |  Link
ingoldie

When I try to open lena_std.tif with ImmaRead("C:\lena_std.tif")

I get the following error message

"ImmaRead:you haven't set the MAGICK_HOME variable and you didn't provide it as argument!"

How can I solve this problem?

For the original as a TIFF image:http://www.lenna.org/
ingoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2019, 16:32   #205  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

First page of thread
Quote:
You need the ImageMagick dll's in order to be able to use this plugin. They should be copied to some folder (any folder will do). You need to set the MAGICK_HOME variable to the location of ImageMagick dll's (under Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Environment Variables -> Add MAGICK_HOME as a user variable), or you need to provide it using the magick_home argument. Thus for example, magick_home = "C:\\WINNT\\system32".

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2019, 16:49   #206  |  Link
ingoldie

Like this?

ImmaRead("C:\lena_std.tif", magick_home="C:\Windows\SysWOW64")
Old 8th May 2019, 17:07   #207  |  Link
ingoldie

If yes, now I'm getting

"ImmaRead:couldn't open picture file:severity=1ef, reason=RegistryKeyLookupFailed 'CoderModulesPath' @error/module.c/GetMagickModulePath/670, description=(null)" error message
Old 8th May 2019, 18:20   #208  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Like this I think (untested)

EDIT: Oops sorry, posted image is wrong, should be in USER VARIABLES(top one) not System variables(bottom one).

Quote:
Thus for example, magick_home = "C:\\WINNT\\system32".
NOTE, Wilbert used double backSlash, if dont work with single, then try double backslash.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 10th May 2019 at 14:20.
Old 10th May 2019, 13:01   #209  |  Link
ingoldie

It's not working.I'm still getting the same

"ImmaRead:couldn't open picture file:severity=1ef, reason=RegistryKeyLookupFailed 'CoderModulesPath' @error/module.c/GetMagickModulePath/670, description=(null)" error message
Old 10th May 2019, 14:19   #210  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Oops sorry,posted image is wrong, should be in USER VARIABLES(top one) not System variables(bottom one).
(but I think should have worked ok after a reboot when in system variables - did you reboot ?)

Last edited by StainlessS; 10th May 2019 at 14:22.
Old 10th May 2019, 16:19   #211  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

I'm getting exact same error as Ingoldie.

Search for "CoderModulesPath" gives this solution,
https://www.imagemagick.org/discours...ic.php?t=26856

Looks like you need to have imagemagick installed else dll's dont work (solution in above link).

Also, what you supposed to do with CORE_RL_magick_.dll, I dont see it mentioned, but it is clearly needed.

Last edited by StainlessS; 11th May 2019 at 16:00.
Old 7th January 2022, 20:32   #212  |  Link
martin53

Just for the record (i.e. maybe myself with my next clean OS install) - I set up immaavs to open .pdf file format today, struggled quite bad with it (advice on old problem reports helped a lot) and give a summary for today's recent versions here (I hope).
N.B.: my AviSynth install is 32 bit on a 64 bit Windows 10, I think this is convenient because the pile of old plugins, some of them lacking source code, is not completely available as x64 builds.

* Fetched the plugin itself (v160) from the 1st post of this thread
* Same with the 7.0.2 ImageMagick dlls, but did not copy them into the system32 OS folder
* Extracted the immaavs\Release folder content of the plugin .ZIP to an appropriate folder (a subfolder of the plugin autoload folder in my case, but I don't think this matters)
* Extracted the complete 'ImageMagick-7.0.2_dll' folder content of the ImageMagick .ZIP to the same imaavs\Release folder (!)
* Only a portable ImageMagick version is installed (more specific, there is another old, incompatible one with Fritz Photo and there was a broken environment variable pointing to a deleted OpenShot installation)
* Added MAGICK_CODER_MODULE_PATH=<abovementioned Release folder> to the system environment variables
= I think this means ImmaAvs does not need an ImageMagick installation
* logged of and on again because AvsPmod did not see the variable after close/restart, but later understood that close/restart of my Explorer replacement file manager is sufficient, from where I open AvsPmod
* found a 32 bit Ghostscript version 9.53.3 on the computer, which is outdated but shows compatible - here again, there are several ones packaged with various freeware SW products, which does not matter
* added the bin folder of that Ghostscript to the system %PATH% (remember to make it visible to a new AviSynth process)
* use ImmaRead(..., magick_home=<abovementioned Release folder>) with success.

(density is the DPI value for the pdf files. 100 is quite blocky like 1st generation fax - but yes, on the other hand, AvsPmod is challenged with 2480x3500px frames)
martin53 is offline   Reply With Quote