Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 29th May 2011, 14:41   #7821  |  Link
robpdotcom

In MPC-HC, "Ctrl+I" displays remaining time. Of course, you can change it to whatever you like in the options menu.
AMD 6870
robpdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2011, 15:03   #7822  |  Link
ForceX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltron View Post
Using MPC-HC and fullscreen exclusive mode, is there a way I display the seek bar or time remaining?
madVR settings> rendering> exclusive mode settings > show seek bar
ForceX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2011, 16:43   #7823  |  Link
piccirilli

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceX View Post
madVR settings> rendering> exclusive mode settings > show seek bar
Bug in Madvr. Deselecting the seek bar will enable it to show!
piccirilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2011, 16:46   #7824  |  Link
piccirilli

I'm still getting horrible color ghosting and green bar at bottom when switching to 24HZ rate. Does not matter if I use MadVR or MPC-HC to do the rate change. The common denominator for this issue is the video renderer. This does not happen when I use another renderer such as FFDshow. Does anyone else have this problem using MadVR and MPC-HC?

Last edited by piccirilli; 29th May 2011 at 16:52.
piccirilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2011, 17:40   #7825  |  Link
ForceX

Quote:
Originally Posted by piccirilli View Post
Bug in Madvr. Deselecting the seek bar will enable it to show!
If you select it, it'll give you a basic seekbar which will retain the FS exclusive mode. Deselecting it will bring back MPC's seekbar but it'll have to switch to windowed mode for that then back to exclusive once you move away the cursor. It's not a bug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piccirilli View Post
I'm still getting horrible color ghosting and green bar at bottom when switching to 24HZ rate. Does not matter if I use MadVR or MPC-HC to do the rate change. The common denominator for this issue is the video renderer. This does not happen when I use another renderer such as FFDshow.
What do you mean by that? FFDshow is not a video renderer.

Last edited by ForceX; 29th May 2011 at 17:44.
ForceX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2011, 18:39   #7826  |  Link
Boltron

Thanks for the replies. "Ctrl+I" is just what I need.
Boltron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2011, 20:17   #7827  |  Link
agustin9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ede_123 View Post
Hi all,

I found multiple posts in this thread concerning high DPC latency when using madVR, but I think nobody really found the cause of this problem and a solution was never found.

I'm also facing this problem and it effectively renders madVR useless, because the high latency leads to crackling noises in the audio occuring every few seconds.

I tried to analyze the problem with "DPC Lateny Checker":
- My notebook's idle latency is about 150 us (microseconds)
- When watching a movie with MPC-HC using EVR / Haali Renderer the latency stays more or less the same (maybe a little higher due to CPU/GPU load)
- Watching a movie with MPC-HC using madVR is always resulting in a latency of about 2000 us (quite constantly) with huge peaks reaching to about 45000 us (this seems to be when the crackling in the audio occurs)
- when starting MPC-HC and doing nothing (do not resize the window so it is displayed 1:1) latency keeps normal and rises after ~15-20s, when starting MPC-HC and going into (non-exclusive) fullscreen latency keeps normal and rises after ~10s, when starting MPC-HC and going into (exclusive) fullscreen latency rises almost instantly.

My current system configuration:
- Windows 7 32bit
- ATI Mobility Radeon HD3470
- madVR v0.62
- MPC-HC 1.5.2.3107

I would be great if anybody could help me with this and locate the cause of the problem, since I love piture quality obtained with madVR. Clicking sound is a no-go though.
If you need further informations don't hesitate to ask.
Try different driver versions. My Hd 4850 works fine with madvr using 10.6
agustin9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2011, 00:31   #7828  |  Link
garson

Hi!
Can someone explain how to configure ReClock? I have 1920x1080@60Hz monitor, and 23.976fps files runes a little bit jerky while 30fps runs great.
I'm using MPC-HC and latest MadVR.

garson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2011, 00:50   #7829  |  Link
fairchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by garson View Post
Hi!
Can someone explain how to configure ReClock? I have 1920x1080@60Hz monitor, and 23.976fps files runes a little bit jerky while 30fps runs great.
I'm using MPC-HC and latest MadVR.

http://www.homecinema-hd.com/intro_en.html

Check that guide out, it has some info on how to configure it.
Old 30th May 2011, 12:44   #7830  |  Link
Andy o

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacemaker1000 View Post
the way reclock works is to alter the video and audio by using an analogue signal, here you are correct. but it then sends the adjusted audio out via spdif/hdmi by re-encoding it to ac3, or just keeps it as analogue

it WILL work in your setup as this is exactly what it is designed to do

in mpc-hc you set the audio out as analogue 5.1 by double clicking on the DTS/AC3 in 'internal filters' if you use PowerDVD or TMT you set them also to 5.1 and NOT spdif output!
again as mentioned tick the AC3 encode button in reclock and tell it to use your spdif/hdmi output. dont forget the 5% speedup/slowdown on the second page and with your desktop at 50hz you WILL get smooth 23.976 video to play with spdif DD sent to your amp

this really has nothing to do with MadVR so sorry to others for the long explanation

enzinoxl. if you still require more info to get you up and working then pm me rather than crowd this thread
Reclock doesn't work with analog audio at all. Switch the word "analog" to "LPCM" in your whole post since I think that's what you meant. The audio usually stays digital until it has almost left the PC (the sound card's DAC) or even after (HDMI/SPDIF).
Andy o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2011, 13:06   #7831  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

PCs cannot work with analog signals of any kind, the first thing they do when getting one is converting it to digital.

If you have HDMI, you should not use the AC3 encoding in ReClock, keeping the PCM and sending that over HDMI is *far* better. You only need to AC3 encode if you're using a old-school SPDIF connection, optical or coaxial, and want 5.1, because those are limited to stereo for PCM.
Old 30th May 2011, 13:35   #7832  |  Link
Andy o

I guess my definition of "PC" was a little broader, to include whatever's in the box.

There are older HDMI cards with only SPDIF-like output though, like the ATI 2000 and 3000, and some Nvidia cards from that time which had the ability to piggyback an existing SPDIF output on the HDMI signal.
Andy o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2011, 15:16   #7833  |  Link
pacemaker1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
PCs cannot work with analog signals of any kind, the first thing they do when getting one is converting it to digital.

If you have HDMI, you should not use the AC3 encoding in ReClock, keeping the PCM and sending that over HDMI is *far* better. You only need to AC3 encode if you're using a old-school SPDIF connection, optical or coaxial, and want 5.1, because those are limited to stereo for PCM.
sorry guys i agree 'analogue' was a bad choice of words i was trying to help someone and a lot of people see the outputting of sound already converted ready just for an amp to amplify it, from the souncards audio output, as just this. whereas spdif or hdmi as digital. i was using the same analogy refering to a software players 5.1/spdif/hdmi output

unless i am wrong though unless you use ac3 encode you will not get reclock to do its magic as it has to have a decoded audio to work with. it can then send it out over spdif or hdmi. using 'passthrough' for audio meens it cant do this
pacemaker1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2011, 15:27   #7834  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Just output the uncompressed audio, and reclock can still do its magic. AC3 encoding should *only* be used if you're either using a real SPDIF connection, or a very old HDMI connection.

Any modern HDMI connection can output 8 channel uncompressed PCM, no need for AC3 encoding it, which greatly reduces its quality.
Old 31st May 2011, 13:34   #7835  |  Link
DigitalLF

MadShi: i got a homemade 2:35:1 masking system and i use it on the lower part of my 16:9 screen and i would really like to see your seekbar to stay inside of the movie even when i resize 2:35:1 to 16:9 (ffdshow move blackbar to the lower part of the screen) would this be possible?? it would really mean alot to me
Old 31st May 2011, 19:08   #7836  |  Link
Hypernova

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalLF View Post
MadShi: i got a homemade 2:35:1 masking system and i use it on the lower part of my 16:9 screen and i would really like to see your seekbar to stay inside of the movie even when i resize 2:35:1 to 16:9 (ffdshow move blackbar to the lower part of the screen) would this be possible?? it would really mean alot to me
I think madshi said before that it's on the list, but not really high priority (at the time). It goes on the same page with the fact that the seekbar doesn't really reach the bottom pixel and subtitile is rendered over OSD.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 13:43   #7837  |  Link
kostik

Hey, wanted to know if there is a way to output P016 format that MADSHI add to his renderer? is there a decoder which output this color space?
thanks!
kostik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 14:37   #7838  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

I don't think any of the common decoders are capable of decoding high-bit-depth content yet (and outputting it without converting it down to 8bit)
Old 1st June 2011, 19:27   #7839  |  Link
naoan

Hi Madshi could you add hermite scaling (i.e. bicubic with b and c at 0, something like this http://svn.int64.org/viewvc/int64/re...c/kernels.html) to the scaling option of madvr please?

And thank you very much for creating the best renderer there is
naoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2011, 02:06   #7840  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by naoan View Post
Hi Madshi could you add hermite scaling (i.e. bicubic with b and c at 0, something like this http://svn.int64.org/viewvc/int64/re...c/kernels.html) to the scaling option of madvr please?

And thank you very much for creating the best renderer there is
That's really interesting, I'd like to see it.

That said, there doesn't seem to be any measure of aliasing, and sharpness is very low.

After testing all the scaling algorithms, I settled on SoftCubic 50 because it produced the smoothest, most CRT-like result with images, avoiding a lot of the aliasing and ringing introduced by other filters.

Catmull-Rom looks fairly decent on your graphs: no blurring, moderate sharpness and ringing, but there is far too much aliasing when watching video.

Oh and there is a great example of why scaling should be done in linear light here: http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?...92&postcount=1 (found it when trying to find more on that scaling)

I don't believe madVR has this implemented yet, as Madshi didn't see the benefit of it if I remember correctly. I could be wrong though, my memory is awful.

Last edited by 6233638; 2nd June 2011 at 02:13.
6233638 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling