Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs

Old 31st March 2010, 19:11   #11241  |  Link
STaRGaZeR
4:2:0 hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastiii View Post
Thanks, i'll try this evening
Did you test only with haali ?
Cheers,
Seb.
Gabest MKV splitter has always worked fine, but not really an option for me because it doesn't have an internal stream switcher and I need the splitter to honor the default track flags present in my MKVs . Keep in mind that with Gabest's all the tracks are sent at the same time to ffdshow and then you choose which one you want with the stream switcher, so it doesn't have to check for changes in a single stream, that's why it works while Haali doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albain View Post
@Ikarad
@Stargazer

I have finally fixed this blackscreen problem with new ffmpeg libraries. The CPU optimizations weren't correctly taken into account and could cause weird issues (such as this one)

This build fixes it and fixes also the stability problems with bluray subs
As Sebastii says the file seems to be corrupted. Can't wait to test it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastplayer View Post
Those are SVN builds only.
That way, you have xxxx[p|i]yyy, where xxxx is the vertical resolution, yyy is the temporal resolution, and 'i' says the image has been irremediably destroyed.
STaRGaZeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 19:19   #11242  |  Link
clsid

Please also test the latest version of Haali splitter if you haven't already. It supposedly has less problems with FF and RW.
Old 31st March 2010, 19:36   #11243  |  Link
ikarad

Quote:
In the new revision I have to wait for the next subtitle to know if the current one is really finished to parse which explains why you can't see it during the first seconds of the video. But after the first subs it should be fine

Also note that the MPC splitter is buggy and does not detect the PGS streams early enough. But once the stream is detected and you have selected it, you can go back to the beginning of the video and the first subs should be displayed

I tried and it doens't work. With 3326 it works but not with 3336 and 3342.

Even if I go back to the beginning of the video, subs are not displayed except the first sub 1
00:00:09,050 --> 00:00:12,720
'"2015 A.D. Perseus Arm, Milky Way Galaxy
(12,000 arsecs from Earth)'"

and
00:00:28,570 --> 00:00:30,237
Abandon ship!

for the first 35 seconds. All the others subs are not displayed.
I try untill 2 minutes and the only subs displayed are the first and abandon ship. The others are not displayed

I try at 8 minutes and there is the same problem. Some subs are displayed and some are not displayed.
With 3326 there wasn't this problem.

I try with mpc hc 1613 or 1771 and there is the same problem. I try with vmr9renderless or evrcustom and there is the same problem.

I can't make a video to show this problem because fraps doesn't work with mpc-hc since many months

Last edited by ikarad; 31st March 2010 at 19:50.
ikarad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 19:55   #11244  |  Link
albain
Media Control author

Ok I have not paid attention enough.

I'll work on it tomorrow
albain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010, 12:33   #11245  |  Link
albain
Media Control author

Here is a new build

Fixes :
  • Bluray subtitles fixes : now all are displayed
  • Stability fixes on bluray subtitles
  • Crashes fixed when using YUY2 colorspace with subtitles (this is a workaround inside ffmpeg but Tspuimage should not rescale picture plane by plane but all the planes at the same time)
  • New ffmpeg libraries inside (libswscale and libpostproc)
albain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010, 14:49   #11246  |  Link
clsid

Albain, while you're working on the subtitle part, I have some suggestions to make the options a bit more user-friendly:

1) Move positioning/alignment/letterbox/stereoscopic options to a new subpage called "Positioning".
2) Move all checkboxes for enabling formats to the top of the main subtitles page. Move all remaining options on that page down a bit to make room at the top.
So there will be three checkboxes for enabling the various subtitle formats: Text-based, Closed Captions, PGS & VobSub. Plus "SSA/ASS" which is a child of Text-based. Plus "accept embedded" which applies to all.
Afaik it is currently not yet possible to disable handling of Text-based subs, while keeping for example PGS enabled. But I think that could be useful.
Perhaps PGS and VobSub could also be splitted into two format checkboxes?
Old 1st April 2010, 17:07   #11247  |  Link
ikarad

Quote:
Here is a new build

Fixes :
  • Crashes fixed when using YUY2 colorspace with subtitles (this is a workaround inside ffmpeg but Tspuimage should not rescale picture plane by plane but all the planes at the same time)
I try With YUY2 there is no crash thanks.
There is an improvement for displaying of subs but the same problem still exists.
There is more subs displayed with 3343 but not all subs are displayed like with 3326.
For example during the first 35 seconds these subs are displayed
Quote:
Abandon ship!

00:00:31,406 --> 00:00:32,948
Repeat, abandon ship!

theses subs are not displayed
Quote:
00:00:14,597 --> 00:00:15,723
ETA, 20 seconds!

00:00:15,890 --> 00:00:17,975
Full speed evasive maneuvers, on the douvle!

00:00:18,059 --> 00:00:19,476
Full speed evasive maneuvers!
00:00:30,280 --> 00:00:31,321
We are avandoning ship.
00:00:33,241 --> 00:00:34,575
One more!
There is an mprovement because with the other version between 3336 and 3343 only two subs were displayed

Quote:
Abandon ship!

Last edited by ikarad; 1st April 2010 at 17:12.
ikarad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010, 17:56   #11248  |  Link
STaRGaZeR
4:2:0 hater

Quote:
Here is a new build

Fixes :
I'm happy to announce that all these issues have been fixed:

Quote:
RGB32:

- Luminance fix in picture properties, black screen. But wait, if you enable deband and you place it after picture properties everything is fine! The filter works and the image is not black. Maybe this can help you with debugging.
- Deinterlacing, same as luminance fix, it works perfectly fine but only if you put it before deband and you activate it, otherwise black screen with ffmpeg deints.
- Postprocessing with mplayer checked, I get black screen. Again if I activate deband after PP it works perfectly fine.
- mplayer temporal noise reducer in Blur, same as above, with deband after it it works fine.

YUY2:

With SD content, exact same issues as RGB32, but changing the black screens with the double speed but same number of frames issue I reported earlier. With HD content, exact same issues as RGB32 but changing the black screens with stuttering. Activating deband after the filters fixes the double speed and the stuttering.
Bugs that are still in there:

- NV12 output: black screen.
- White shadow in DVD subs.

Great work!
That way, you have xxxx[p|i]yyy, where xxxx is the vertical resolution, yyy is the temporal resolution, and 'i' says the image has been irremediably destroyed.
STaRGaZeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010, 18:15   #11249  |  Link
FredThompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsd78 View Post
EDIT2: Another note/bug with MC. From your front page the Download button goes to an error page (not found). I had to download it manually through Sourceforge. Also on Sourgeforge the current version listed is 6.02, I had to go to show all files to get to 6.04.
That's common with SourceForge. It's automatically generated but periodically, not interrupt-driven.
Old 1st April 2010, 18:55   #11250  |  Link
onomatopellan

With latest build the line of pixels problem is almost fixed. Now sometimes appear a vertical line at the end of the subs.

It seems pretty stable with RGB32 output though, great work!
Old 1st April 2010, 19:52   #11251  |  Link
zummi

Hi, quick question. Is there a way to give DXVA higher priority than non-DXVA? I've tried moving the merit-bars around, but regular ffdshow always "wins" unless i completely disable it - which then again gives me trouble with non-dxva content. I'm using regular WMP through W7 MediaCenter... Thanks :-)
zummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010, 20:15   #11252  |  Link
SamuriHL

See? I'm not the only one with merit problems with dxva vs non!
Old 1st April 2010, 20:49   #11253  |  Link
rsd78

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
See? I'm not the only one with merit problems with dxva vs non!
Using Shark's codec pack I never ran into this issue on W7 WMC. I know people tend to frown on packs (including myself in the past), but for W7 it works well at least for me.
rsd78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010, 21:14   #11254  |  Link
SamuriHL

Quote:
Using Shark's codec pack I never ran into this issue on W7 WMC. I know people tend to frown on packs (including myself in the past), but for W7 it works well at least for me.
I hate codec packs. I'm not even going to entertain that thought. It's as simple as that.
Old 1st April 2010, 21:21   #11255  |  Link
rsd78

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
I hate codec packs. I'm not even going to entertain that thought. It's as simple as that.
I never used them for Vista and earlier (I've had a dedicated "HTPC" for close to 7 years now, and my background is in Software Engineering so I'm not an idiot when it comes to computers/software), but I have had very good experiences with this one because it let's me make major changes in settings with a few clicks and I can always uninstall it w/o it leaving any permanent marks on the system. At the end of the day it worked, and saved me a little less effort in terms of getting my htpcs up and running. But I totally respect your stance as well
rsd78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010, 21:25   #11256  |  Link
SamuriHL

Quote:
I totally respect that. I never used them for Vista and earlier, but I have had very good experiences with this one because it let's me make major changes in settings with a few clicks and I can always uninstall it w/o it leaving any permanent marks on the system.
That's the sign of a good codec pack, but, I find that it's always better to install EXACTLY what you need rather than a blanket codec pack. (And yes, I do realize that the good codec packs allow you to control what gets installed, but, I'd rather do it myself as needed). Just a philosophical thing. For me, I forced the merit on ffdshow dxva in MPC-HC and called it good. But, I was also told this wasn't necessary because it should be higher than the non-dxva version. I suspected that was wrong but I was the only one reporting it so I left it at that.
Old 1st April 2010, 21:44   #11257  |  Link
clsid

The default merit for ffdshow is FF800001 and for DXVA FF800002.

Be aware that for WMP/MC on Windows 7 you need to use tweaks to change the preferred decoder in order to override the Microsoft decoders.
Old 1st April 2010, 21:47   #11258  |  Link
SamuriHL

I haven't tried to use it outside of MPC-HC. For whatever reason it decided to choose ffdshow instead of DXVA until I forced it by adding it to external filters and setting it to prefer. Then it was all good. As long as no one else is running into it I'm good with that. You're right about having to tweak it on W7. MS decoders just don't like going away on their own.
Old 1st April 2010, 22:11   #11259  |  Link
zummi

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
The default merit for ffdshow is FF800001 and for DXVA FF800002.

Be aware that for WMP/MC on Windows 7 you need to use tweaks to change the preferred decoder in order to override the Microsoft decoders.
I've been running the Windows 7 DS filter tweaker tool, but it only lets me choose ffdshow, not dxva specifically...
zummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010, 23:51   #11260  |  Link
DigitalDeviant

Quote:
Here is a new build

Fixes :
Still no luck with this sample. Now instead of displaying both subtitles at the top of the screen (the 2nd is supposed to be at the bottom) it just shows the 1st and does not display the 2nd at all. Previous versions would have ended the 1st subtitle and displayed the 2nd at the top in it's place.

Tags
ffdshow, ffdshow tryouts, ffdshow-mt, ffplay, icl