Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 3rd August 2017, 02:03   #8401  |  Link
tebasuna51

Sending wav/w64 files by STDOUT, like do the command line pipe '|'.

On commandline use avs2pipemod, for instance:

avs2pipemod -wav=24bit input.avs | fdkaac.exe --ignorelength -m 5 -p 2 - -o output.m4a
Old 3rd August 2017, 15:20   #8402  |  Link
shae

Thanks.

Is there a reason to force 24-bit?
Would it be better to remove --ignorelength and pass the full WAV headers (if possible)?

Last edited by shae; 3rd August 2017 at 15:22.
shae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2017, 16:26   #8403  |  Link
HOB

Is there a place where I can download the latest version of MeGUI in a zip format, version 2768, NOT the stable version? If I have problems in the future being able to download the complete UPDATED program might prove useful.
Old 3rd August 2017, 17:02   #8404  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

I doubt that there is a zip of development version, why not just zip up what you've got now ?

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2017, 17:09   #8405  |  Link
HOB

StainlessS
I mentioned above that the problem I had updating from 2767 to 2768 seemed to be related to the WORKING folder of MeGUI that I was using as I WAS able to update to 2768 from a BU folder I had. It occured to me that having access to a COMPLETE undamaged ZIP file of the "beta" versions might prove useful if I were to have a similar problem in the future. Of course you can download the STABLE version from many sources but it would be nice to be able to download the "beta" versions as well....just a thought. Thanks for your reply.
Old 3rd August 2017, 17:33   #8406  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

OK, but here something I've already written and so post anyway.

I have a "C:\NON-INSTALL" folder on C: drive (WXP32, perhaps better elsewhere on W7+).
In this folder I have ~200 directories containing non install software (eg DebugView,
Avisynth Docs in compressed searchable *.CHM format, AviSynthesizer_Mod, MeGUI, MeGUI_AutoEncode_Batcher, etc).
I also have folder, "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\NON-INSTALL",
which I set up to contain shortcuts (some with assigned HOT-KEYS, eg CTRL/ALT/G for
MeGUI Development, and CTRL/ALT/SHIFT/G for MeGUI stable).
When propely set up and happy, I then copy the shortcut folder to
"C:\NON-INSTALL\__NON-INSTALL SHORTCUTS\NON-INSTALL".
After having done so, I then 7Zip the whole lot, and archive it somewhere, just checked,
currently 684MB, ~2GB when decompressed.
If I do a new machine setup, just a matter of copying the 7z to install location (C:\), and de-zip,
then copy folder "NON-INSTALL\__NON-INSTALL SHORTCUTS\NON-INSTALL" to original location, do a reboot
to get all of the shortcuts working, and Bobs your aunt Fanny, 200+ utilities all set up at once.
You do have to remember to update your archive every now and then, but after that it easy.
After MEGUI update is good time to update, or after adding utils or shortcuts, just needs 5 mins to 7zip it,
then copy to archive location.
I also have two additional worker machines (P4's), which I can easily set up the same 200+ utils
in a couple of minutes each, complete with updates of eg MeGUI devs + standard (both are offline
machines).
I know W7 is a little more restrictive than XP, but I'm sure that you could figure out a way to
get similar to above working.

Dont know what I would do without it.

EDIT: The double underscore "__" of "__NON-INSTALL SHORTCUTS" sorts that directory at top of the dir list,
easier to find amongst 200 directories.

EDIT: Here a site with a whole bundle of good utilities to start you off, NirSoft:- http://www.nirsoft.net/
WARNING, you are likely to get AntiVirus warnings about Pups (Potentially Unwanted Programs), or some other
warnings, for a number of utils on this site, If you download programs to show your various Passwords etc, then dont be
surprised about the warnings, you should only be surprised if they got onto your machine via some other means.
This site is the source of the brilliant USBDeView util, used and recommended by many including M$.

System Internals (M$):- https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/
Source for DeBugview + many other M$ utils. [EDIT: I think M$ bought out SysInternals so they could make
some of the NTFS read/write utilities disappear].

Some good stuff on this site too, (but cant offhand remember what I use from it, MiTec):- http://www.mitec.cz/
EDIT: Amongst others, I use the DirList and System Info programs.

TestDisk (Probably the most accomplished drive recovery software, but needs patience and care, also you DO NEED to read
docs [DOS box style interface with menu, no GUI]):- http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TestDisk
EDIT: Cant remember offhand how, but TestDisk allows you to make an image of a drive/partition onto another bigger drive, and you
can do as forensic type software does to fix the IMAGE partition/recover data without chance of causing further damage. Then, if you do screw up,
you will always get another chance to screw up again, after reading the docs

PhotoRec, same people as TestDisk, but easier to use (GUI, no longer limited to recovery of just photos).
http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PhotoRec

With many programs, you can make non-install version by making a copy of folder and uninstalling.
Then delete uninstall type stuff from copy, test it out. Best to do original install to store config settings in current directory
if given the option.

Those described as Portable Apps, are likely to run well from NON-INSTALL setup.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 5th August 2017 at 12:53.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2017, 22:53   #8407  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
Originally Posted by shae View Post
Is there a reason to force 24-bit?
I say "for instance" because I don't know the input.avs.
Inside AviSynth you can have 8,16,24,32 bit int and 32 bit float.
Select the proper one (if admited by the encoder).

If your source is lossless the decoders suply 16 or 24 bit int normally.
(use 16-bit if you know the source is 16)
If your source is lossy decoders suply 32 bits float samples, you can use float or convert to 24 bit int with the same precission and less size.

Quote:
Would it be better to remove --ignorelength and pass the full WAV headers (if possible)?
The WAV header can be wrong if data to send is greater than 4 GB (2 fields in header with only 32 bits can't put the correct size if > 4GB), only if you know than data is < 4 GB you can remove the --ignorelength parameter.

BTW if size is < 4GB and exist --ignorelength parameter all work fine also, then use --ignorelength always when you use pipe.

Here, AviSynth, know the full size of data to transfer and can put the correct value (if < 4GB) in wav header.
But other soft, for instance a decoder, don't know the full size until finish, and can't put the correct value in header in the beginning, then always need the --ignorelength even with data < 4 GB using pipe.

Last edited by tebasuna51; 3rd August 2017 at 22:55.
tebasuna51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2017, 16:47   #8408  |  Link
HOB

Hello StainlessS
Incredible post!...thank you so much for the feedback, I've got a lot of reading to do.
Take Care
Old 5th August 2017, 16:50   #8409  |  Link
shae

tebasuna51: Thanks.
shae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2017, 13:10   #8410  |  Link
Sci-Fi-Fan

Audio muxing with MegUI

Hello All

I have A question regarding MegUI.

Basicly My normal encoding prodess is...

index m2ts file
Re encode audio
open dgi with avisynth creator, apply filters, save
open bitrate calculator, input audio, select filesize, bitrate ect, save and queue.
start ancoding...
MegUI will then encode the video to hevc / .x256 and then mux the video into an mkv file.
Once completed I the remux the mkv file with the audio file to complete the encode.

Is it possible for MegUi to mux the audio at the same time as the hevc file after encoding and save me having to manually mux the audio / video at the end of the encoding?

This would save a lot of time when i run batches of 20+ encodes.

Thanks
Sci-Fi-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2017, 15:34   #8411  |  Link
Zathor

Have you already tried OneClick if it fits your use case?
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2017, 21:48   #8412  |  Link
Sci-Fi-Fan

OneClick

Many years ago, tho i do prefer the more manual control side of MegUi, Rather than a fully automated process.
Sci-Fi-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2017, 04:09   #8413  |  Link
hello_hello

Sci-Fi-Fan,
Try AutoEncode. It can be used for specifying a file size/bitrate and MeGUI will calculate the required video bitrate (the video bitrate will be the specified file size/bitrate minus the audio bitrate minus a little over-head) and if you have the encoder configured for CRF encoding it'll automatically switch to two pass encoding if you specify a file size, or AutoEncode can be used for muxing after encoding with your existing encoder settings.

If you're adding existing audio rather than re-encoding it, click the "X" button in the audio section to clear it if need be before using AutoEncode.

I assume the above works the same way for x265 encoding as it does for x264. I don't use x265 myself.

You could create your scripts for video encoding with the script creator and they can be used as the video input for the OneClick encoder, so it can do the muxing too. Under it's advanced settings you can specify a file size. I assume it calculates the bitrate and switches to 2 pass encoding as required much like AutoEncode, but I don't use OneClick much myself.

Last edited by hello_hello; 21st August 2017 at 04:27.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2017, 20:05   #8414  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

MeGUI Suddenly Running Jobs In Parallel When Queue Started

Hello and Happy Saturday! I've two Lenovo T430 ThinkPads running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit; their only differences are the older one has an i5 processor with 8GB of RAM while the newer one has an i7 processor with 16GB of RAM. They both have portable MeGUI, up-to-date from the developmental server, and installed AviSynth 2.6.0.5. For several years I've happily (Thanks Zathor ) used MeGUI to encode audio and video on both machines with zero issues (other than ones I've created myself, ha ha). Recently, however, the older laptop has taken to beginning any job queue with multiple tasks in parallel when I click "Start"; that is, regardless of them being audio or video jobs, SD or HD, any queue with more than a single job automatically processes the queue two jobs at a time when the "Owner" column is blank. Oddly, if I send the queue to "Worker 1" or "Worker 2" it processes the jobs one at a time and in order. Does anybody have any idea(s) why this is happening? This behavior began about a month ago, but I didn't really take notice until now because I typically click "Start" last thing before I crawl into bed and usually the jobs are finished by the time I wake up; it just so happens that this morning I woke up to multiple jobs running simultaneously, which reminded me of a multiple audio job I began about a month ago that ran in parallel (I didn't really pay attention at the time). The newer laptop isn't acting this way and I've compared the MeGUI settings on both laptops and there's no difference that I see. Thanks in advance for any help.
LouieChuckyMerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2017, 20:24   #8415  |  Link
sneaker_ger

So you want only one worker? Go Worker>Worker 2>Worker>Delete worker now
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2017, 21:25   #8416  |  Link
Zathor

LouieChuckyMerry: You mentioned it already - portable MeGUI. Please copy your folder to the other machine and try it out there. The one from sneaker_ger will also help if you need not more than one worker.
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2017, 23:35   #8417  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post
So you want only one worker? Go Worker>Worker 2>Worker>Delete worker now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
LouieChuckyMerry: You mentioned it already - portable MeGUI. Please copy your folder to the other machine and try it out there. The one from sneaker_ger will also help if you need not more than one worker.
Thank you both for your replies . At some time recently I must've unknowingly added a worker to the old laptop, because the new laptop only has "Worker 1" while the old laptop has "Worker 1" and "Worker 2". Unfortunately, I'm not finding a way to delete "Worker 2" from the list. I've tried with no jobs running and with two jobs running but the "Delete" button does nothing.
Old 27th August 2017, 12:20   #8418  |  Link
hello_hello

Workers/Worker Summary, and when the window opens, right click somewhere over the second worker and select "delete worker now".

Or...

Workers/Workers, and select the worker you want to delete. When it opens, the Worker menu at the top has a delete option.

Last edited by hello_hello; 27th August 2017 at 12:22.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2017, 12:35   #8419  |  Link
tebasuna51

I have a report from a spanish user related with a MeGUI crash using VSfilter.
The same problem tested with a fresh install of last development version.
The attached log (cleaned of some test of other sources) was after a fresh install of stable version.

The script is simple:

Quote:
LoadPlugin("D:\Downloads\MGUI32-SFT\MGUI32-SFT\tools\lsmash\LSMASHSource.dll")
LWLibavVideoSource("D:\Test.mkv")
LoadPlugin("D:\Downloads\MGUI32-SFT\MGUI32-SFT\tools\avisynth_plugin\VSFilter.dll")
TextSub("D:\Test.srt", 1)
And the OS error message:

Quote:
Nombre del evento de problema: BEX (Buffer Overflow Exception)
Nombre de la aplicación: avs4x26x.exe
Nombre del módulo con errores: VSFilter.dll
Código de excepción: c0000417
But sometimes work fine, even with same input files.
Like you can see in the log the job4 (x264 pass 1) work at second attempt, and the job5 (x264 pass 2) work at fourth attempt.

To do the attempts the user only change the job status to 'waiting' and then retry.

Is a know problem?
I can't reproduce it.
Attached Files
File Type: 7z MeGUI.7z (5.8 KB, 35 views)
Old 27th August 2017, 18:09   #8420  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
Workers/Worker Summary, and when the window opens, right click somewhere over the second worker and select "delete worker now".
Seems I was right-clicking in all the wrong places...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
Workers/Workers, and select the worker you want to delete. When it opens, the Worker menu at the top has a delete option.
And not hovering my cursor in all the right places (although "Worker" and "Progress Window" don't really look like menu options).

Thanks, hello_hello, for teaching me more tricks .

Tags
megui