Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 2nd February 2004, 19:12   #1  |  Link
Master Yoda

Out of sync after scenarist compiled.

OK, i was compiling a vcd to dvd.I imported the video stream fine with scenarist, i created my scenes in it.Now i converted the mp2 audio to wav, the i converted it back to mp2 with tmpgenc with toolame for audio conpression, but with a sample rate of 48khz.I then loaded the new mp2 into scenarist and it want to convert the audio, so i let scenarist convert the mp2 audio to ac3 with its ac3 decoder.All went well.I output the vobs.But when i play it in power dvd the audio is way out of sync...... how do i go about correcting this????

I alreay have my project ready.Just this one problem.
Master Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2004, 23:18   #2  |  Link
Matthew
jdgljlfljg

Sync issue aside (sorry I have no idea) for quality reasons you should go mp2->48 khz wav using besweet then wav->ac3 (I assume Scenarist's encoder is okay, Besweet's isn't....perhaps using softencode). All those conversions will reduce quality more than the minimum. May even fix your sync issue.
Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2004, 02:22   #3  |  Link
Master Yoda

Yeah i ive now tryed mp2 > wav > ac3.But its still out of sync.
Master Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2004, 03:47   #4  |  Link
Matthew
jdgljlfljg

Well that's unsurprising, but at least it sounds better =)

In Scenarist you can create a positive audio delay by changing the "start time to video" value for the audio. For PAL, 1 frame = 40 ms, so 5 frames, for example means a delay of 200 ms. The audio will start 200 ms later than the video.

If the audio delay is negative then you can correct for that using AC3 delay corrector to cut frames.

DVDMaestro may be better for testing how much of a delay you need to introduce because of its easy to use realpreview function (although you need cinemaster 2000 installed for it to work).

Of course, the above assumes that the desync is constant...
Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote