Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 13th December 2009, 11:12   #21  |  Link
medp7060

I did not test Ripbot264, but I am doing it now. The first impressions is the font is too small to see. Played it for a few mins and my conclusion is you may be right, it meant to be for monkey. So I have to delete it form my HD. Not mean to be rude, it is not just what I am looking for.
medp7060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2009, 11:17   #22  |  Link
nakTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by medp7060 View Post
I did not test Ripbot264, but I am doing it now. The first impressions is the font is too small to see. Played it for a few mins and my conclusion is you may be right, it meant to be for monkey. So I have to delete it form my HD. Not mean to be rude, it is not just what I am looking for.
Why don't you give ASXGui a try? Or perhaps you can give "MeGUI Patched" version another try too.
nakTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2009, 11:45   #23  |  Link
ricardo.santos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Shikari View Post
And if you think Handbrake, Staxrip, and Ripbot264 are all harder to use than any of the various crappy Xvid GUIs, you're pretty much nuts.
@Dark Shikari:
You were all upset and started a new website when Neuron had a go at you here and you complained about his attitude but let me tell you something...your attitude towards newbies stink... you know more about x264 than the average person...so what? Is that sufficient to take a "jab" at every single newbie...enough is enough...why do the mods let this go unpunished?

Megui easy? lol, Staxrip? (it used to be), the only understandble x264Gui nowadays is in my opinion asxGUI

@Buzzqw
Congrats on the GUI, finally a Simple GUI, this way we dont have to put up with the not so funny comments made by Shikari.
ricardo.santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2009, 11:58   #24  |  Link
Dark Shikari
x264 developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardo.santos View Post
you know more about x264 than the average person...so what? Is that sufficient to take a "jab" at every single newbie...enough is enough...why do the mods let this go unpunished?
What does x264 have to do with it? You can make a bad x264 GUI or a good x264 GUI. Knowing about x264 hardly helps you use a bad GUI. I have no idea how to use MeGUI.
Quote:
Megui easy? lol, Staxrip? (it used to be), the only understandble x264Gui nowadays is in my opinion asxGUI
Where in the world did I ever call MeGUI easy?
Quote:
Congrats on the GUI, finally a Simple GUI, this way we dont have to put up with the not so funny comments made by Shikari.
Where in the world did I flame this perfectly good simple GUI?

Stop putting words in my mouth. Attacking people is bad to begin with, but attacking them for things that they didn't even say is even stupider. Don't attack others for the splinters in their eyes when you're sitting on a pile of lumber.

Furthermore, stop trying to derail this thread. This is a perfectly good "simple GUI" and is by and large constructed correctly. It uses the Preset/Profile/Tune concept and isn't covered with custom x264 option checkboxes. There is no reason to fill this thread with stupid flames. If you want to whine at me, do it via PM.

Last edited by Dark Shikari; 13th December 2009 at 12:11.
Dark Shikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2009, 12:09   #25  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
the only understandble x264Gui nowadays is in my opinion asxGUI
you must be joking ,right?

you call this understandable?

Quote:
I have no idea how to use MeGUI.
I have the same feelings. That's why I created my own GUI.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2009, 14:55   #26  |  Link
morphinapg
ASXGui Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
you must be joking ,right?

you call this understandable?

1. That version of the GUI is outdated, use the default view: Click File - Use Wizard GUI. Much nicer interface.

2. Visual Crop is coming in 3.0, along with a few more visual processing capabilities.

3. Inverse Telecine is done by selecting "Deinterlace" and "Convert Frame Rate" this is explained in the Guide, and many files can be set to automatically detect telecining and check deinterlace and convert frame rate.

4. Not sure why the tabs are hidden. As I haven't used this version of the GUI regularly in over a year I don't usually pay too much attention to it when updating ASXGui. In fact, the "classic" interface will be gone as of 3.0. I'll fix the tabs in the next version (2.5) in case anybody still uses the classic gui, though I hope people will learn the other gui as I said, the classic gui will be gone in 3.0.
Old 13th December 2009, 18:07   #27  |  Link
ricardo.santos

@Dark Shikari,
please stop pretending and dumb people down, its time that you stopeed that, and the messages in my inbox
from fellow users of this forum confirm what i said, please i repeat please stop your stinking attitude towards newbies if you feel you're too important to help them just politely shut up, whats the point of your attitude?

Now down to your cleverly disposed web/answer:

Quote:
Where in the world did I flame this perfectly good simple GUI?

Stop putting words in my mouth. Attacking people is bad to begin with, but attacking them for things that they didn't even say is even stupider. Don't attack others for the splinters in their eyes when you're sitting on a pile of lumber.
First of all did i say you were flamming the GUI? english might not be my first language but im pretty sure i never said that...what i said was:

Quote:
...your attitude towards newbies stink...

dont put words in my mouth, like i said and this might get me banned but your attitude towards newbies "stink", do i need to say it in another language so that there are no doubts of what im saying, in my personall opinion and the fellow users that sent PM's supporting what i said is that if you're going to be like this all the time just politely shut up if you feel you cant be bothered to help newbies...furtherwore the comments you make towards first time useres speaks for itself...

Last edited by ricardo.santos; 13th December 2009 at 18:13.
Old 13th December 2009, 18:11   #28  |  Link
ricardo.santos

@Atak_Snajpera

i dont need visual crop for my video sources, i open the file with asxgui, setup the video tab, audio tab, container, and convert, the way you inserted the screenshot here makes it look like a big window with all those options in it when in fact its several tabs, one for video, audio etc...

Im not saying yours is bad but for what i need asxgui is the best for me along with Minicoder

Last edited by ricardo.santos; 13th December 2009 at 18:17.
Old 13th December 2009, 23:45   #29  |  Link
medp7060

Everybody is different. Some are clever, some are dumb (?), some are helpful and some are arrogant…Although I have been on this forum for many years, most of time I look for helps, I would say in most cases, I was helped by people out there. However, I am still a newbie and I am not a programmer. Developers write programme, I test them and see if they are the one I want. When I started to look for a X264 GUI and simply found there are too many, I tested a few, either failed to work for various reasons, or too complicated. Of course, I am learning x264 and I have not tested all. I expressed my wish that all the developers of all the GUI worked together and presented users a GUI that will suit all levels, e.g. simple for beginners, powerful for advanced ones, through a ways e.g. hide advanced options for beginners, but they can be accessed if you want. One of the GUI I tested was MeGUI, unfortunately, the recent built has all sorts of problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Shikari View Post

@ Dark Shikari , x264 developer
@ Atak_Snajpera , RipBot264 author
I think it is not appropriate to call newbie “Nuts” and “Monkey”!!!!!! Everybody is good at something if not all.

Last edited by medp7060; 13th December 2009 at 23:51.
Old 14th December 2009, 01:28   #30  |  Link
morphinapg
ASXGui Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by medp7060 View Post
I expressed my wish that all the developers of all the GUI worked together and presented users a GUI that will suit all levels, e.g. simple for beginners, powerful for advanced ones, through a ways e.g. hide advanced options for beginners, but they can be accessed if you want.
My GUI ASXGui was written specifically for this purpose. If you want, you can just drag and drop your file and click encode, or you can do basic processing or even advanced processing, all dependent on how much you know how to do. The advanced and basic options do not show by default. If you double click your video in the job queue you get the basic options, and if you click "advanced x264 options" from there you get the advanced options.
Old 14th December 2009, 05:25   #31  |  Link
medp7060

Thanks, morphinapg. Will give it a go.
Old 14th December 2009, 09:59   #32  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

update exe (first post)

fixed framerate signaling
added support for leaving stream in h264,mp4 or mkv
little change on crop layout

BHH
AutoWebM: supporting WebM/VP8
buzzqw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2009, 11:02   #33  |  Link
ricardo.santos

Hi buzzqw, thanks for the update!

Any chance of custom audio and audio sample bitrate option? Where in the GUI can we find the option to change container? Is it when we are naming the output file?
Old 14th December 2009, 11:31   #34  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

about audio.. i will see.. i don't want to overhaul the gui

container can be selected only when saving output file. microx264 will ask for output file when you select input fle

BHH
Old 14th December 2009, 15:00   #35  |  Link
Brazil2

My report:
FPS value is now correct for MKV
Audio and video are now muxed together for both MKV and MP4, great

but
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzqw View Post
container can be selected only when saving output file. microx264 will ask for output file when you select input fle
Actually this doesn't work as you expect. If I only select a file extension in the drop down list it always output to MKV. I have to manually add .mp4 or .h264 to the file name.
In this case output to .mp4 is working only after I have added MP4Box to the Application subfolder, because it's missing in your original package.

When you select a .h264 output, the .h264 file is not created in the selected output folder but in the temporary folder, the one which is created with the same name as the source file.
And the exact same WAVI command line appears twice in the job list instead of copying and renaming the output file to the selected output folder.
Brazil2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2009, 15:50   #36  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

thanks

all fixed (apart mp4box that you should manually put in \application folder)

please update MicroX264

BHH
Old 14th December 2009, 19:33   #37  |  Link
ricardo.santos

hi, buzzqw, the queue CMD has the first pass command twice when converting to MP4.
Old 15th December 2009, 04:21   #38  |  Link
RiCON

And with the latest update it just puts "--fps 0.000" in x264 command line.

Why not just use y4m output from avs2yuv and "--stdin y4m" in x264? That way you don't have to worry about knowing the fps nor the resolution.
RiCON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2009, 08:16   #39  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

@ricardo.santos

thanks, fixed!

@RICON
i don't know about this features, thanks, quite usefull
anyway microx264 must know the framerate because of muxing...

BHH
Old 15th December 2009, 15:06   #40  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

update microx264 added support for configuration file

create a file named microx264.ini in the same folder as microx264.exe

this is an example

Code:
Encoding Mode=2 pass
Preset=ultrafast
Tuning=Film
Bitrate=1500
Audio Codec=Aac
Audio Quality=50
Custom x264=--subme 3
MT Mode=1
MT Value=2,0
Resizer=PointResize
Before Resize#
After Resize#
BHH

Last edited by buzzqw; 16th December 2009 at 08:06.