Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 11th October 2017, 17:02   #321  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Great! And you're welcome.

I expect there to be bugs in the new mode. Writing a CLI parser isn't that hard, but changing an existing one to something else so that both modes work leads to quite a lot of corner cases. Bug reports are more than welcome!

If I ever ask you to upload something, please use my file server.
Mosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2017, 09:47   #322  |  Link
RyFeR26

Add & Extract buttons

Hi,

It seems the "Add" and "Extract" buttons in the lower right corner both do the same (extract selected tracks). Shouldn't the "Add" button open the file dialog to add files?

At this moment it's only possible to add files while right-clicking the "Input files" area and select 'Add input file(s)".

Am i missing something or should this behavior be corrected?

I'm using the latest version (2.1.0).
RyFeR26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2017, 12:44   #323  |  Link
djcj

Is it possible to set (force) the mkvtoolnix directory through command line? Something like "gMKVExtractGUI.exe --mkvtoolnix=/home/user/custom/bin". Right now it seems to default to "/usr/bin" even if I put another directory with the command line tools in front of my PATH.
djcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2017, 15:57   #324  |  Link
gpower2
gMKVExtractGUI author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyFeR26 View Post
Hi,

It seems the "Add" and "Extract" buttons in the lower right corner both do the same (extract selected tracks). Shouldn't the "Add" button open the file dialog to add files?

At this moment it's only possible to add files while right-clicking the "Input files" area and select 'Add input file(s)".
The button you are referring to is for adding Jobs, not files. gMKVExtractGUI features a job manager, where you can add extracting Jobs and run them at a later time. You can see the job manager form at any time by clicking on the "Jobs..." button.
Since dragging and dropping now supports folders and sub folders, I think that adding files manually is not so intuitive, though I left the option from the context menu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djcj View Post
Is it possible to set (force) the mkvtoolnix directory through command line? Something like "gMKVExtractGUI.exe --mkvtoolnix=/home/user/custom/bin". Right now it seems to default to "/usr/bin" even if I put another directory with the command line tools in front of my PATH.
That is definitely something I could check. However you can still change the MKVToolNix path by either browsing to the path, or dragging and dropping it on the field.
gpower2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2018, 16:08   #325  |  Link
gpower2
gMKVExtractGUI author

Happy new year everyone!

It's time for a new version (v2.2.0)!
With this version, HighDPI environments are fully supported thanks to the feedback and vigorous testing from Six!

Download link:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/gmk....0.7z/download

Changelog:
  • Change the output directory behavior
  • Add custom DPI scaling code and enable it on all forms
  • Add new manifest Property "dpiAwareness" for newest Windows Versions (Windows 10 v1607+)
  • Added new Audio Codec_ID A_EAC3 and A_MLP
  • Added some missing video and subtitle codec_id
  • Remove unnecessary separator in context menu
  • Increase the width of the percentage labels in Main form
  • Decrease the height of the buttons in Log Form

As always, enjoy people!
Old 13th January 2018, 00:10   #326  |  Link
hello_hello

Thanks for the new version. Still working fine on XP!

A request regarding the new output directory behaviour.....

Could gMKVExtractGUI always remember a specified (default) output directory independently of the "use source" option?
Or to put it another way, could the "use source" checkbox simply toggle between a specified directory and the source directory? Currently it can work that way, as long as you check "use source" after adding input files and uncheck it again before removing input files, or before closing the GUI, and as long as you don't click on any input files while "use source" is checked. If you follow those rules, you can check "use source" and gMKVExtractGUI will extract to the source directory, then when you uncheck "use source" it goes back to using the "default" directory (the one you previously specified).

Anyway... I think it'd be more fun if gMKVExtractGUI always remembered a specified (default) directory and the "use source" checkbox simply toggled between that directory and the source directory (without causing gMKVExtractGUI to forget the specified directory).

Thanks again.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2018, 17:54   #327  |  Link
Telion

^ Second this.
Telion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2018, 19:28   #328  |  Link
Usopputo

how do I install it in linux porfis or pass me the linux version
Usopputo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2018, 08:50   #329  |  Link
gpower2
gMKVExtractGUI author

If you have Mono installed, then you can simply execute the executable found in the 7z file!
Nothing else is needed!
Old 29th January 2018, 12:12   #330  |  Link
gpower2
gMKVExtractGUI author

Quote:
I finally got to this request and I just commited this new functionality with r165. I think I tested enough, however a second set of eyes is always better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
Thanks for the new version. Still working fine on XP!

A request regarding the new output directory behaviour.....

Could gMKVExtractGUI always remember a specified (default) output directory independently of the "use source" option?
Or to put it another way, could the "use source" checkbox simply toggle between a specified directory and the source directory? Currently it can work that way, as long as you check "use source" after adding input files and uncheck it again before removing input files, or before closing the GUI, and as long as you don't click on any input files while "use source" is checked. If you follow those rules, you can check "use source" and gMKVExtractGUI will extract to the source directory, then when you uncheck "use source" it goes back to using the "default" directory (the one you previously specified).

Anyway... I think it'd be more fun if gMKVExtractGUI always remembered a specified (default) directory and the "use source" checkbox simply toggled between that directory and the source directory (without causing gMKVExtractGUI to forget the specified directory).

Thanks again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telion View Post
^ Second this.
I added this functionality with a small context menu on the output directory. It will be available with the next version, or you could build it yourself from trunk if you want to try it!
Old 10th February 2018, 14:30   #331  |  Link
Perenista

I have a problem with this app from MKVToolnix:

When I try to extract the PCM from the Matroska (which has these specs) :
https://pastebin.com/Whz1QiTy

The resulting PCM has only:

2h31m if I open using MPC-HC. But MediaINFO says something quite different:

https://pastebin.com/z6kpZQ8J (correct info: over 14 hours)

Then I tried opening this huge PCM in this program:
http://download.cnet.com/TAudioConve...-75924909.html

I told it to convert to MP3 160 Kbps, 48 kHz.

The MP3 file now it's reduced to 173 MB. And if I open in MPC-HC it has 2h31m, too. MediaINFO says the following about this MP3:

https://pastebin.com/AtHa6z76 (2h31m)

Any thoughts?

Clearly this is a bug only affecting huge PCM audio tracks with many hours....

P.S. VLC, WinAMP and PowerDVD also inform 2h31m for the PCM.

In other words the audio track is stuck in that Matroska video, which has 95 GB. I need to get it out and convert it to MP3.
Perenista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2018, 14:51   #332  |  Link
gpower2
gMKVExtractGUI author

You should make this post in the MKVToolNix thread here:
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=155732

This is the thread for the gMKVExtractGUI application, which only uses the mkvextract.exe as is from the MKVToolNix tools.

You should also always use the latest versions of both MKVToolNix and gMKVExtractGUI, in case you stumbled on a bug that is already solved.
Old 10th February 2018, 14:52   #333  |  Link
mkver

You can't put more than 4 GB of PCM data in a wav container (because the size field uses a 32 bit unsigned integer). This restriction can be overcome by using the w64 container. You can use ffmpeg to extract the audio data from the Matroska file to w64; or you can use ffmpeg to directly encode the audio to something else or to pipe to another encoder.
But there is something that is strange: Actually 2h31m at 1536 kb/s amounts to way less than 2 GB. How big is the file if you use ffmpeg for the extraction?
[Edit]: Now I see! Your extracted file has the correct filesize, but an unsuitable container: It's size field in the header is only correct modulo 2^32, i.e. according to the header the size is only 1.63GB which gives the length that the players show to you. But this length is wrong. I already told you what you can do about it.

Last edited by mkver; 10th February 2018 at 14:58.
mkver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2018, 16:25   #334  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

mkvextract cannot write wave64 files at the moment. There's currently no way to extract such a track correctly with mkvextract.

If I ever ask you to upload something, please use my file server.
Mosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2018, 17:03   #335  |  Link
Perenista

I tried using ffmpeg, and failed. Unless this is not the correct command:
https://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php...postcount=5082

See more here: https://imgur.com/a/i5qY6

The W64 file has only 350 MB, and 1 hour later is still showing the same image. So no luck there.

I tried ffmpeg - i E:\XX.mkv D:\file.w64
Perenista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2018, 10:14   #336  |  Link
tormento
Acid fr0g

@gpower2

May I ask you to

- add bitrate for audio tracks, at least ac3
- give a minimal configuration for filename output: I don't care about track name at the beginning, I would prefer to add numer of channels in audio, for example

Last edited by tormento; 27th April 2018 at 10:24.
tormento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2018, 12:48   #337  |  Link
djcj

@gpower2: the --mkvtoolnix is working. Maybe you can also add a --help command so it's easier to figure that out. By the way can you upload a new release with that change?
Old 6th June 2018, 11:58   #338  |  Link
gpower2
gMKVExtractGUI author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tormento View Post
@gpower2

May I ask you to

- add bitrate for audio tracks, at least ac3
- give a minimal configuration for filename output: I don't care about track name at the beginning, I would prefer to add numer of channels in audio, for example
@tormento
I don't understand what you're asking when you say to "add bitrate for audio tracks", please clarify with an example.
I could add a template string for output filename generation, but it's not as simple as it seems, so no promises!

Quote:
@gpower2: the --mkvtoolnix is working. Maybe you can also add a --help command so it's easier to figure that out. By the way can you upload a new release with that change?
Glad to know that it works! I was planning to implement the new command line arguments changes in mkvtoolnix before releasing a new version, probably during the summer.
I hope that's ok for you! As always, thanks for your valuable feedback!
Old 14th June 2018, 15:38   #339  |  Link
djcj

Since there doesn't seem to be a GUI for Linux available that doesn't require "special" runtimes like mono or python, I took the time and wrote something in C++ using FLTK (so the binary only needs standard X11 libraries).
https://github.com/darealshinji/mkvextract-gui

I just wanted to let Linux users know about it. By the way, the program doesn't have a real name, "mkvextract-gui" is more of a description or project name.
Attached Images

Old 29th September 2018, 09:13   #340  |  Link
gpower2
gMKVExtractGUI author

Hi people! Long time no see!

It's time for a new version (v2.3.0)!
With this version, the new mkvextract syntax introduced in MKVToolNix v17 is officially supported, just in time before the old one is deprecated!

Download link:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/gmk....0.7z/download

Changelog:
  • Add new setting for default output directory
  • Switch to "timestamps_v2" instead of "timecodes_v2" for MKVToolNix v17+
  • Add support for the new mkvextract syntax for MKVToolNix v17+
  • Add a new commandline argument --mkvtoolnix="..." to specify a manual path for MKVToolNix

As always, enjoy people!

Tags
extractor, gmkvextractgui, matroska, mkv, mkv extract, mkvextract, mkvextractgui