Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 4th December 2017, 22:12   #1  |  Link
Synnove

Alignment (or registration) of two edit-identical clips (via MVTools?)

I have two HD spec clips that are edit identical. They are different scans/masters of the same film, so the content is rather similar. The differences are the color grading and the frame geometry.

The A transfer is much much more detailed, crisp, and free of compression artifacts than B. However, the shadow detail has been crushed out of existence by a revisionist color-grader. I need to align the frames so I can combine the best attributes of both (I have the combination procedure finished, I just need to work out getting them aligned).

The geometry differences are nonlinear so I can't use something like Nuke's F_Align or Photoshop's align features, and they aren't constant through a sequence due to gate weave and the like. The framing is also slightly different.

I've an interleaved clip with the masking bars removed ready to go.

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=154739 <- This individual seems to've had success but I've not been able to replicate it. It seems like the MVTools solution would work best but, when I tried to replicate pbristow's method, it turned in to a jello-esque dessert. um3k's solution aligned them okay, but it couldn't account for the nonlinear differences so they were at best aligned in the center only.

Last edited by Synnove; 4th December 2017 at 22:23.
Synnove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2017, 23:36   #2  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

See here(dont know if of use):- https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...=spatial+align

I have to get back to something similar, although with linear crop/resize needed.
Maybe you can take something from above thread (eg RT_LumaCorrelation), and persuade some non linear resizer to assist
(I think there is a WarpResize or something like that on-site).

I will post whatever I get done (dont hold your breath, been trying to get back to it for months).

EDIT: WarpedResize (SimpleResize.zip)here:- http://avisynth.nl/index.php/SimpleResize

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 5th December 2017 at 00:00.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote